DECEMBER 2020 CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
DECEMBER 2020 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 393 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 395 total)

• Day 2 An Update

Good morning everyone.

A busy life (even an indoor life can be busy, I’ve found) has meant that I’ve been remiss in reading and writing posts to this group.

I’ve enjoyed your support, kindness and company for the past 2 months. I’m going to stick to my plan but opt out of posting for the month of December. When I return in January I plan to be down another 4 lbs.

Good luck to everyone. Have a wonderful holiday season and I hope to see you all in 2021.

Day 2 – USA/GA – NFD

Still feeling crummy; went for a COVID test yesterday and the results should be in by Friday. Hopefully all is well. I’m exchanging one cold symptom for another (I hate achy coughs!) Anyway, I played it by ear yesterday and realized with my extra bed rest (I go to bed at 7:30 pm this week) and downing around 30 glasses of water a day, my body probably didn’t care if it was a FD or not. So I had two cans of soup (yes, more warm liquids, please) and a small simple salad yesterday, probably staying within the 500 calorie limit. My weigh-in this morning was 231 lbs on the nose (which means sooo close to 230). Going to continue to pour liquids down me today and relax a bit (teleworking this week) every hour or so and hopefully get rid of this crud by next week. Quarantining myself in my house, too, to be extra careful.

As we round the next bend, we see a small crowd gathered in a large clearing. With each step, the conversations become louder and we see pigeons and people mingling together on a brick plaza that ends at a long stone fence. Beyond the fence is the most majestic view you can imagine, providing a panorama of the world below.

“We’re here,” Lola says. Wesley’s eyes widen. “Huh?” Lola replies, “We’re at the Overlook. Isn’t it nice?” “We’re here?” Wesley says in disbelief. We walk past the concessions on the right and into the plaza. “Let’s take a closer look,” I suggest. We wait our turn as tourists snap away on their cellphones and then approach the stone wall. From left to right, you can see forests, the river, a large lake, the entire town of Triplicity, cars buzzing like ants across a slither of highway, and homes and farms dotted across the landscape. The brilliant blue sky succumbs to the purple haze of mountains in the distance.

While the murmur of conversations and the tweets of song birds mix in my ears, I take a moment to breathe in the fresh air and think how far we have come. It has been a journey since the last time I was at the Overlook, probably about five years ago now. I have missed this place so much. I wonder what new adventures will await me in the coming days.

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today.

Day 2 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

Yesterday’s FD was probably too high, and I ended up pouring a glass of the red wine left over from Thanksgiving (which I truly paid for, as I had a headache all night, and the medicine is only now kicking it), so it’ll be awhile before I “cheat” with wine again, LOL!

Welcome to the newbies; we’re so glad you’re here!

@northgeorgia, I’m so sympathetic that you feel so awful, but bet seeing that 231 was a bit of a compensation! I hope you bounce back very, very rapidly.

@markie99 We’ll miss your contributions; I hope your December goes very well.

@i-hate-lettuce So very peculiar about no berries! I’ll bet you really miss the beauty of them.

And that has to be my chatter for the day; my huge to-do list calls.

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in before off to Silver Sneakers. Maintenance going well.

Onward and downward.

Day 2 Country West Australia CD
    Day 1 CD
    Good to be back on track. Hoping for a FD tomorrow.

Day 2-Canada-NFD
    Hello there,
    Just getting up and thinking of weighing myself first. Then super light breakfast and hoping to stay at around 1000 calories on NFD.
    Some Christmas shopping afterwards!
    Stay strong and positive!

Hello @at!
    I started on Dec 1st and posted on Dec1st too. I think time difference between us (Canada and UK) made it look like I posted on Day 2, lol. Thank you for welcoming me!!!

Day 2 Canada NFD

Started the day watching a glorious sunrise, the sky was on fire 🔥 Blue bird day and I’m looking forward to getting out for a ski. It’s my sour dough baking day and I have 4 loaves that will be out of the oven in 30 minutes. My plan is to rush out the door as soon as that happens and have 1 slice after a long ski. Hard to control the consumption 😂

Welcome to all the newbies!! This is the best group of people and place for support. @maya1980 it’s rare to see another Canadian 😊

@northgeorgia hopefully your feeling better soon 🙏

USA. Day 2. CD 🇺🇸

Good morning, everyone! Just checking in for accountability. Sorry if I can’t always respond to all the posts but my grandson is at a age that makes it very difficult to stay online long!

Have a great day!

Day 2 – USA – NFD

Thanks @at! TDEE for my goal weight seems 1400 cals. I will take your advise and totally ban all white carbs to get out of the plateau — I was letting some slide in the past. I finished my third consecutive exercise day today — 2 more to go this week to meet week 1 goal! No alcohol so far too!

Best wishes to everyone for the day!

Day 2 North Canton OH WFD

@northgeorgia hopefully it’s just the seasonal crud and not Covid-19, rest up and keep downing those warm fluids

@ccco enjoy your grandson, from personal experience this group is so great that nobody expects more than you are able to give

@stitchincarol “only pretending to do 5-2” I can totally relate 😁 and I will be happy to host in February

Alcohol, Sugar and menopause do not mix well at all. Which is helpful with abstinence when I have my game face on, unfortunately I forget to put my game face on sometimes and then it’s a horribly sweaty sleepless night for me.

@penz I empathize, people are going to be clueless and occasionally incompetent and it sucks when that happens and you get blamed for it

@brightonbelle you have the same problem that @flourbaby and I have –bread addiction. I never saw a soft doughy roll that I did not love. ZBC should help
    @markie99 you will be missed, but we will see you in January.

Christmas decorating is all done this year and I feel accomplished. Christmas shopping awaits although I do not plan to do as much shopping as I usually do, with cases going up so dramatically, I would rather be safe than sorry

I feel good about December; I successfully completed a 24 hour water fast on Monday and now I am working on a 60 hour water fast with 1 black coffee a day for sustenance. I have had hunger pangs but was able to resist by drowning the dragon. More dragon drowning coming up with some pink salt to ward away the headaches.
    It really feels good to fast, because I just feel and sleep better when I do.

No pocket list today? Wish i had time to start one. Happy Hump day y’all!!!

2nd post

@markie99 – we will miss you during the December Challenge but look forward to you joining us once more in January. I’m sure you’ll be strong and stick to your plan and 🤞for your 4lb loss when you return.
    @northgeorgia – 🤞that your Covid test comes back negative – keep drinking plenty and stay safe
    @lilymartin – good to see you posting again and on track
    @maya1980 – 🤣 sorry about the mix up
    @bellyblast – hope you managed to get out and enjoy that ski – homemade sourdough bread….I’m drooling…….
    @ccco – no guilt just enjoy the time spent with that grandson – such precious times!
    @plantparent – you could include some complex carbohydrates
    @basyjames – there was a pocket list started and I have added you to it 🤗
    @flourbaby @snowflake @betsylee @annabelle and @suki2 where are you?? we are missing you….

Pocket list Day 2
    @kazoo FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @toady
    @at
    @stitchincarol FD800
    @basyjames WFD

ZCB Day 2
    @kazoo
    @at

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ Day 2
    @kazoo
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

USA Day 2 CD

Pocket List Day 2
    @kazoo FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @toady
    @at
    @stitchincarol FD800
    @basyjames WFD

ZCB Day 2
    @kazoo
    @at

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ Day 2
    @kazoo
    @at

DTF
    @ccco

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was despe

Day 2 Minnesota, USA NFD

@basyjames If you would prefer to host January, I can do February. Whatever works best for you.
    @penz Thank you!
    @northgeorgia I hope you feel better soon and it’s not covid.. Keep us updated, and continue the good self-care.
    @markie99 We will miss you! See you next month!

FD tomorrow, as well as always ZBC.

See you all tomorrow!

Day 3, who knows what kind of day!, Aus

Thanks @kazoo , @at and @basyjames – work did improve. I posted too early and should have let my flash anger settle first!

My mojo is really a yoyo. (“Moyo”?) I’m mentally planning next week’s FD and it’s looking to be a challenge trying to fit them in around work breakfasts, Xmas parties and other social engagements. Note I wrote “a challenge” rather than “too hard” as I’m vacillating between chucking 5:2 in for the rest of the year and diligently sticking to it. We all know the mantra: 5:2 really does work, but only if you do it! Today is my usual FD but I’m hankering for an egg and bacon wrap. If I just limit myself to that I could still call it a FD. Can’t I?

@missybear – you’ve experienced something I never had” “now feel energised to tackle some housework”!! How does that feel?!?!

Keeping positive thoughts (or should that be negative?) for your COVID results, @northgeorgia, and hope you get over this lurgy soon.

Day 3 FD country West Australia
    Have just read all the posts for December so far. Have been MIA for several months ( a couple of years really!) and it’s good to catch up.
    Just thinking about another cup of tea to sustain me – and then I read about @penz‘s hankering for a bacon and egg wrap.😲😲😲Ohhhhhh………. that thought alone has got the gastric juices working overtime.🤭
    BUT this time I WILL resist and be sensible.😇😇
    This is a 2 day and it is not called 5:2 for nothing!
    I have had far too many OOC 5 days over the past few years🍫🎂🍕🍧🍿🍸🍷🥂🍰.
    I m constantly thinking of your saying AT because I am desperately wishing I was back where I was 3 years ago. 😯
    Re The ones you mentioned and wondered where they were – I may have inadvertently flung them off when I settled my not inconsiderable bulk back on the wagon !!!!!!!
    However, have to be diligent now as getting older and fatter is no substitute for getting older and wiser and leaner – with all the health benefits that entails.
    Onwards nd downwards everyone.🤞
    And thanks @at for hosting.
    @northgeorgia, I hope your cold improves soon and the test result is negative.
    The borders are finally open in WA – yay!!!!

Good to see you back @lilymartin and I promise not to mention food hankerings again! (well, not today anyway)

Thank you Penz for not mentioning food ( at least not such delicious food and on a fast day too!!)
    So far so good. It has been a 200 calorie FD to now and I think I will be able to hang out.
    But I am off to Perth tomorrow and there is a wonderful bakery on the way.
    I have been dreaming all day of their egg and bacon wrap and I’m afraid my car will stop there automatically….
    Not sure if 5:2 is supposed to be about obsessing about food !! It certainly wasn’t the case for me when I first joined this thread and this WOL but now it’s a different story.
    Just contemplating whether I can legit go down town for a coffee or whether that will induce me to buy something to go with the coffee. Or should I just sit tight and drink more water? ( Rhetorical question!! I know the answer but can’t help wondering…!)

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Still staring at same weight despite being on the wagon and eating healthy and well, no alcohol, good sleep, plenty of exercise. Just the body’s strange way of doing things but my waist is down an inch so some good news for me.

Yes, lots of people missing, usually @snowflake56 has posted before me. Hope everyone ok.
    And thinking of you @northgeorgia and hoping it’s a nice negative result. Great news that the Overlook has been reached. What happens when it’s the 220’s???

@i-hate-lettuce you know what. I noticed at the weekend that a shrub out my front that is normally bursting with berries didn’t have any, but I am suprised at your cotoneaster which normally is abundant now. I remember now my Dad telling me this summer that as he sat out in his garden he couldn’t believe how little bees and butterflies there were (it’s his childhood home so he remembers what it was like 70 years ago)

I hope this isn’t another strange and terrible thing that Covid has produced…..😱

On that note, have a good one.

Day 3 UK

Good morning all.
    Im still here but doing nothing. Bad Annabelle.
    I have to report slightly more of me. Really bad Annabelle.

I find it really hard to cut down in cold weather, my body craves food and especially carbohydrates. I was going to abandon everything but on much reflection have decided to keep below TDEE for a start and see how I get on. I must admit I found the chat with the rheumatologist regarding the length of time before being. clear of steroids and side effects a bit depressing but I am by nature an optimist and when I looked on the other side of the coin I am grateful that the decrease, although much slower than I would like, is nevertheless being well to tolerated by my body which is a big plus.

@at thank you for hosting this month. I think it is well titled Dangerous December as it definitely is in my case.
    @songbirdme I hope your DH likes the Velvetiser. I have to confess I love mine and do allow myself to have one chocolate drink a day. I have also made a latte in it, just add a spoonful of instant coffee to the milk and het presto, frothy coffee. We enjoyed the box of mixed flavours which is a good idea and have now ordered the single flavours we like.

@lilymartin I loved the mental picture of you flinging some of us off the wagon when you jumped on.

That’s all for now. Going to work out my TDEE now and see how much I am allowed.

TTFN

Day 3 – NSW, AU – MFD/OMAD

Well last night (just before midnight I kind of finished off the block of dark chocolate… and reset my fast time, I changed it to a 13 hour fast instead of a 16. Ended up having lunch (a Satay Chicken) after almost 14 hours and got in just under my 800 with a snack just afterwards after my multivitamin, Berocca and Vit D pills. It’s 7:45pm and my desire for chocolate or anything just isn’t there like it was yesterday, or on Thursdays where I usually pig out boredom eating. Proud of myself despite last night’s binge. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Day 3 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Side effects of treatment, sleep and more sleep ! I can drop off within minutes any time of day or night. Obviously need it, so going to do as I have to, especially as the weather outside is gloomy and wet.

Take care all

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Interesting chat about the lack of berries in some areas. The hawthorn and blackthorn trees in our garden hedge have been really heavy with berries this year, DH and I commented that we had never seen so many before. All gone now so time to start feeding the birds.

@i-hate-lettuce it is grey and dismal weather here too, I’m fighting the urge for a duvet day, good plan for you to snooze and regenerate.

Its going to be a day of sorting tinsel and fairy lights so that should distract me from hunger for a while…..just so long as I don’t crack open the bottle of Baileys……no, no, NO, not in the first week of December.

Stay strong everyone 🙂

D3 CD (hopefully) UK Lake District

I completed my FD800 yesterday but it was so hard. I came in at 810 calories so I am counting that as a success. My kitchen closed just before 6pm and I was so desperate for something more to eat, anything, it did matter what it was and I was cold. So we went a walk which did help me not to think about what I could eat next.

I also did a spin class for 20 minutes on my new spin bike which was good when I could eventually get connected to the internet. Hopeful got it sorted so will have another try this morning. It is only for 20 minutes, I used to do 45 mins( 3 time a week) back in March when I went to the gym so will try and build up to that again. Watch this space.

I have had breakfast this morning which is something I don’t normally do (ZBC member) and feel fine now so hopefully the gremlin has gone.

@brightonbelle Bread is one of my problems as well. If I can keep off it then I am OK but once I have a slice there is no stopping me. Welcome to the ZBC

@northgeorgia Hope you are feeling better

@bellyblast I baked my sourdough yesterday and managed not to eat any. Baking is something I started doing at the beginning of our first lockdown and have just continued to do it. I find it quite therapeutic. Hope you enjoyed your ski session and the slice of bread.

Have a good day everyone and keep posting.

Day 3 – USA/GA – ??

Feeling better this morning, so I’m hopeful this gunk will clear up by the weekend. I know the medical center said test results should be ready by Friday, but they did indicate the results could possibly come sometime today. Fingers crossed. Going to try for another FD, making this a 4:3 week after all. I was thinking it may be hard to do, but it seems relatively easy with a need for increased liquids. Two cans of soup to be the main meals… hmmm, why not go for it? But, I’ll listen to my body first. I ate very well yesterday and yet the half pound I gained this morning didn’t move me out of 231 lbs, so it sort of makes me excited to try for another FD today! But I won’t put myself on the pocket list today, to be open to change.

“Our turn!” Lola says excitedly, passing her camera to an obliging tourist. She runs to Wesley and me and in a group huddle, we pose in front of the majestic panorama. In a few seconds, Lola thanks the young man and we smile approvingly at the shot. “You know, I’m not so much for potato chips and hot dogs right now,” Wesley says, referencing the concession stands. “I’d love to head to town for a good meal and come back to see more.” I shrug. “Sounds perfect to me; our park pass is valid all day.” Lola giggles, “And you thought we’d be roughing it on this trip!” “Well, I’m happy to see that I’ve been proven wrong,” Wesley comments. More and more tourists begin to populate the plaza as we put on our knapsacks again. “Why did we even need these things,” Wesley asks. “Well, uh, because you never know?” I say. I didn’t want to bring up the time many years back when some friends and I got stuck on one of the harder trails near dusk and spent the evening in a makeshift tent. It was hard to keep the campfire going after the downpour started and… well, I need to stop thinking about that. My hesitation and the expression on my face would surely betray that this park did hold a much more sinister side if one wanted to be “too adventurous.” Wesley didn’t need to know any of that, especially now that things have gone so well. We begin the two mile journey back down the green trail to the visitor’s center, enjoying the quickly warming late morning sun.

Good luck to everyone, and hope your week has been going well.

Day 3 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

The scales were a lovely 146.8 this morning! I keep giving myself little incentives to motivate dropping another few pounds; the current incentive is a red turtleneck cashmere sweater that I’ve bought but don’t get to wear until I’m 144. Plus, I have a pair of slacks that will fit me nicely when I’ve dropped those several extra pounds (actually, I think I had a whoosh in size, because they fit me pleasantly enough now). It’ so much more fun to get dressed when I’m not trying to squeeze into too-tight clothes! Today’s FD should be easy enough, and I’m trying to come up with a plan to make the weekend feel lovely without it being nuts with extra calories…the dilemma we all struggle to solve, eh?

@at I’m so dazzled that you’ve maintained for four YEARS. Truly impressive. You are one of the members of this forum that I remember from 2016 or 2017, because we’re roughly the same age, same height, and I haven’t weighed 120-125 since I got married, and only for a few months before I gained up to 132 and stayed there. AND I remember you because you were (and are!) always so encouraging. At some point, I look forward to joining you in maintenance; in the meantime it’s tantalizing to be so close to “no-longer-overweight” but merely heavier than I’d prefer to be.

@penz congratulations on wearing a dress that hasn’t fit in awhile! And I think venting your anger here is a very reasonable choice, especially given how reasonable it was for you to be so irritated!

@northerndawn I’m a day late, but happy, happy birthday! Right now I’m two years younger than you; in a week, I’ll be back to one year younger! 😁 Did you do something delightful?

@daffodil2010 Your waist is down an INCH? Wowza!! That’s a huge accomplishment!

@northgeorgia So glad you’re feeling better this morning!

I’ve been awake since four o’clock and can only JUST keep my eyes open, so I’m going to crawl back in bed and see if I can fall sleep for a fifteen minute nap; that should help the day go well.

Have a grand day, everyone!

Hi everyone

I just thought I’d check in and say hello from a cold & snowy Donegal as its been ages since I posted. Hope you are all keeping well and staying Covid free. I just updated my tracker chart and couldn’t believe all the inches I’ve lost. 7 inches off my bust, 2 on waist and 4 off my hips. I’m astonished ! I have managed to stick to the plan more or less and though I did put up a few pounds over the summer I lost them after two fast days and another 7lbs since. So from 16stone in Jan to 14.7 in December, not bad going. I sort of stick to OMAD most days and drum roll …. I went back sea swimming in August. Not sure what changed there that made me go think it was meditation actually (Joe Dispenza) and have met a few other swimmers & we meet up daily (all v socially distanced of course) and swim together. Boy does that cold water chop up your fat !! Hopefully we will be able to keep it going over the winter. Good luck too all for your December Challenge

Day 3 — USA — FD

Starting my FD today, yayyyyyyy!

Day 3 North Canton OH WFD2

@at thanks for adding me to the pocket list yesterday, it always feels good to know that you are not fasting or roaming alone

@northerndawn February works for me just as well as January, but thank you for offering – and a happy belated birthday to you!

@lilymartin remember that the food or craving will taste good for a minute but you will probably feel terrible afterwards. You are worth the wait; results feel so much better than the temporary taste of the latest crave of the moment

@penz same for you too, the problem with breaking fasts or incorporating unplanned meals is that it wreaks havoc on self control; at least that is what I have found. I personally need those guardrails to stay consistent for the long haul; that is the only way that I get results.

@daffodil2010 your whoosh will come, congrats on being consistent. PreMP is probably not helping the situation.

@annabelle, when you are ready to take back control, you will. And we will be here to celebrate with you

Proud of you too @toady

Keeping you in my thoughts @i hate lettuce

@sitchincarol that’s the dilemma we all face

@emerald32 congratulations on your success and High fives on the cold swimming wowza!

Day 3 Canada FD

It’s another glorious day and I am off for a walk in the sun. I have some lovely trails nearby that are perfect, a mix of being in the woods and open views. Yesterdays ski was up with as good as it gets and the fresh bread tasted amazing when I got home. Have a great day everyone:)

Day 3 UK FD

Only a couple of hours to go until my OMAD dinner sooooo looking forward to it Good to hear from you @emerald32 That kind of success makes me want to carry on , so thanks for keeping me on track today

Day 3 – 2nd post

I’m feeling better, but my test results show that I have tested positive for COVID-19.

Day 3- Canada- NFD
    All is good here. Started working with My Fitness Pal. It is very user friendly to say the least. Hoping to lose about 3 kg before Xmas. Cheers to all!

USA – D3 – FD

Hello all, I’m a 63 year old woman now living in San Diego after 60 long years of freezing in Montreal. Although I miss my boys terribly (distance and Covid make it so difficult) this is definitely the best decision DH and I have made since we met 5 years ago.

We are living in a condo which is a 20 minute walk downtown, although you would never believe it as it looks like we are in a beautiful old neighborhood. Our place has a wonderful view of San Diego Bay, and the waterfront is a 10 minute walk away. We are so lucky and grateful! We have no pets at the moment as we are waiting to finish traveling, so we have to make do with petting every cat and dog that we see on our walks. I can’t wait to have a dog and cat again.

I began with this program in January of 2016, needing to lose 40 lbs. and was a regular member of the monthly challenges. I got to goal weight by July of that year and was able to able to maintain for 3 years. Now that we have settled into our home after being vagabonds for 4 years, the weight has starting creeping up again. I am currently 130 lbs, and am trying to get back to my original goal weight of 122 lbs. We are eating a very healthy diet and are mainly vegetarians with the occasional bit of chicken thrown in, but my bête noire is nighttime eating. I suffer from terrible insomnia and lately have been tending to get up around midnight and do a bit of EFS. I had this under control for 3 years, but for some reason my OFF button has become faulty.

I am planning to follow the FAST800 plan, and will fast on Mondays and Thursdays. I’m also trying to remain alcohol free until Christmas, but we’ll see about that. Thank you AT for hosting this challenge, and I’m hoping being part of it will hold me accountable.

Day 4, NFD, Aus

Good morning everyone! I am feeling very chipper this morning. After consuming a Wrap-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named yesterday I finished my FD successfully. Lovely romp out with the dog this morning and wearing another “new” dress to work that’s not fit in years. My weight has been the same the last fortnight but noting I’ve not been doing 5:2 strictly, I’m quite content with that.

Oh no @northgeorgia!! Glad you’re feeling better, but terrible to hear you have COVID. Stay safe and hope those symptoms go away soon.

So true @basyjames. Sticking to 5:2 “rules” is safer for me than trying to incorporate adjustments. Break one rule and it’s so much easier then to break all of them. Control!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Keeping at maintenance weight by 6:1. Happy that allows me a little latitude on my 6 days to either drink or dessert, generally not both. 🙂

@annabelle48 – I ordered a couple additional packets for DH’s Chocolate Velvetiser, and hopefully we will settle on just a few we like. HE is really the one who is into chocolate more than I am, but I ordered some white chocolate packets mostly for me.

@northgeorgia – sure do hope you aren’t beset with bad complications from your COVID19. A man from our church is fighting some bad nerve issues from his bout. But he’s improving.

@dj757575 – welcome back after all these years. I was here in ’16 and also lost my 40 pounds over about 9 months. Happy to say my maintenance regimen has kept me pretty steady. I lost my brother who lived in San Diego in ’18 so haven’t been back since his funeral. It really is a great city, and sounds like you’re in the middle of it.

Onward & downward.

Day 4 – Japan – WFD #95

Not too many more water fasts to get to 100 in 2020. Amazing what lack of travel does to help maintain boring routines. 😀

Dy 4 CD country West Australia
    Yay!!!! A good FD yesterday and 2 good CDs and down 1.6 kgs.😲👏👏
    Virtue is positively oozing out of me.😇😇😇
    I know , I know! A lot of it is water weight but it does give me motivation to keep on keeping on.😊
    @northgeorgia, I’m so sorry to hear about your Covid but hope you recover soon and without any longterm effects. 🤞
    @penz. So glad you enjoyed your Wrap-which-shall-not -be mentioned. 🤭
    I was salivating over getting one this morning on my way to Perth after a 5am start BUT the car has developed a bad habit of not starting if stopped ( reason for going to Perth is to get car checked) and so had to whizz past my favourite bakery – sob – but it may have saved me overindulging. There is always next time……😅
    @basyjames, I agree. Who was it said ‘ Nothing tastes as good as thin feels’ or something like that.
    I do try to think of ‘ A minute in the mouth, an hour in the stomach and a lifetime on the hips.’ I used to think those things, then simply got to the stage that eating and drinking every calorie in sight – and then some – over the past few years I managed to suppress those helpful reminders.
    It is good to have reset properly and I have gone right back to basics.
    Even re-reading some of my posts from 2016 when I was diligent in doing 5:2 with good results.
    Have started using MFP again which is such a good reminder of how those pesky little calories add up and hide themselves in the most innocuous places.
    To those suffering pre/peri/post menopause, it is my feeling that the fat fairy comes to visit silently in the night and one morning you wake up and the fat fairy has deposited a large rubbery FAT tyre around one’s middle. 🥺😳Superglued in place this tyre is THE hardest thing to get rid of. Trust me!!🥵
    I did get down to no spare tyre but am currently sporting a large tractor sized tyre around my ample waist. Good to know that it is already starting to deflate.😣
    Hope everyone has a Good Friday.

Day 4 – NSW, AU – MFD/Fast800

I did it!! Another OMAD!! I started with a 21 hour fast and an early lunch followed by a snack in the space of about 90 minutes… maybe not quite a OMAD but close to it. Just over 700 calories all told and then started fasting again after those 90 minutes.

The other news I was happy about was I was 93.0kg on the dot this morning, making it a good 10kg lost since I started these monthly challenges in October. Hoping that I’ll still drop weight getting off the 800 on most days.

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Beautifully crisp and frosty morning, promising to be a sunny but bitterly cold winters day….love it. And it’s Friday 💃

No change in the weight front, but feel really good, and plan to keep on. Going to dust off my juicer this weekend and start having a green veggie & beetroot juice every day which is supposed to be excellent for detox.

@northgeorgia, Oh no, so sorry to hear of your Covid, wishing you a speedy recovery and sending positive vibes your way.

@emerald 32 great to have you back. I was wondering where the Irish contingent had go to, I was flying the flag on my own there for a while, but SUPER congratulations on your astounding loss results. Well done you! And you are braver than me with your sea swimming in the Atlantic 😄 I am definitely a poolside with cocktail type of swimmer 😉

Have a great Friday. I am going over to my elderly friend tonight to help her put up her Christmas tree and there will be wine.

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Well, I ended up doing a 4:3 this week as originally planned, with my last FD of the week finished up yesterday. I never lose any extra weight doing 4:3, but it does seem to stimulate my body to average the weight loss downwards. I’m 231 lbs once again this morning, so hopefully this has pushed me away from the mid-230s firmly onto the borderline with the 220s.

With the increased rest and liquids, I’m likely eating below my TDEE most days, but I’m not depending on that. I remember eating all kinds of things on Monday, one of my worst days, and I’m sure I went over it with a lot of extra comfort food. Of course, I also had about 30 glasses of water that day, too. Still keeping the gunk out of my lungs and feeling a little better each day, so hopefully quarantine won’t be too terrible next week (If I’ve apparently recovered with no fever, Thursday is the earliest I can be let out of my cage haha). You never know with this bug! Thanks for the prayers and good wishes!

Our hike back down was a lot easier and faster. In fact, we had to “put our brakes on” as gravity seemed to be pushing us down the hill as we walked. As we reach the visitor’s center, Lola begs for a moment in the gift shop. I shrug and we go in and begin meandering and browsing the selections. While I looked at some meaningless trinket, Lola motions for Wesley and me to follow her up the stairs. “Great, more climbing,” Wesley whispers to me. As we stagger up to the final step, we see clothing and some higher quality items displayed. I silently nod in understanding of why we came up here.

“I want to buy us all commemorative tee shirts,” Lola says, a little too gleefully. Wesley rolls his eyes and I clear my throat, “oh, you don’t have to do that…” “Oh come on,” Lola whines. “It will be fun! We’ll take a picture outside the visitor’s center wearing these! Please?” Wesley sighs, “Oh OK, what’s the harm?” “That’s the spirit Wesley! A little public humiliation is a good thing!” “Wait,” I say, “what do you mean humiliation? I mean, they’re just tee shirts..” “…And these!” Lola presents a headband with alien antennae. “What? What do aliens have to do with…”

Before Wesley can finish his sentence, Lola produces a fake mustache and holds it to her lip. “Oh my. We’re going to be a while in here, aren’t we?” I say. Lola laughs. “No, no! There’s a great selection. I think I know exactly what to pick out. I’ll be quick. But first, try on these shirts!” As Lola tosses us each a shirt, I watch Wesley saunter over to the door marked “fitting room,” shaking his head.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Day 4 – UK – FD
    Day 3 – NFD 🍷

Apologies for not posting yesterday but the day just ran away from me – 7am Broga – 9am Aerobics – 1130 volunteering at lunch service at our Parish centre – food shopping – housework……..before I knew it…….bed time 😴

Today 9.30am Yoga session then met with two friends for an outdoor coffee – back home with frozen feet from sitting outside on this damp, grey and very cold day but worth seeing 2 of my friends for a catch up 🤗

@annabelle48 – welcome, it’s lovely to have you join us
    @toady – having chocolate in the house does seem to just call your name……..I have treated myself to a posh advent box of chocolates from “Chococo” to give me some self control – just the one very tasty and different chocolate each evening and yes calculated into calories for FDs too 🤣
    @penz – how lovely to be wearing a dress that hasn’t fit in awhile 👗
    @i-hate-lettuce – thanks for posting and letting us know how you are recovering 🤗
    @stitchincarol – thank you for your kind words but as @songbirdme says staying vigilant is important in order to remain in maintenance…..
    @emerald32 – welcome back to the challenge from April???? Great to hear of your amazing loss and love your “that cold water chop up your fat!!” 🤣 Brave woman sea swimming in winter!!!!!!
    @northgeorgia – terrible that you tested COVID positive but good to hear that your symptoms seem to be improving – praying that you remain on an improvement path!
    @dj757575 – welcome back to the challenge – last with us in May 2019?? Great job on pressing your RESET button by joining us and you are right by being here does help to keep us accountable – You have done it before successfully so you know what to do to lose those pesky 8lbs that have crept on 💪
    @dykask – you are a wonder with your WFD – on target for 100 for 2020!!!!
    @lilymartin – great to be reading your posts once more as you have such a way with words – always makes me smile 😊
    @toady – congratulations on that 10kg loss since October – how good is that!!
    @daffodil2010 – the start of your post today made me envious as cold and damp here in Cumbria – definitely no sunshine……

I have added those just joining on the spreadsheet in case you want to use it for inspiration – here is the link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FuM1IP1EgMc96zPu2kHjUZ0SVo0rv0-NC1I4f8QR3ro/edit?usp=sharing

Starting pocket lists for today as it’s good to have company on a FD 🤗

Pocket list Day 4
    @dykask WFD95
    @toady FD800
    @at

ZCB Day 4
    @toady
    @at

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ Day 4
    @at

Love this “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” – Larry Wilde

Day 4 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Day 3 MFD

I meant to post yesterday…..read everyone’s posts, but then had a grocery delivery that took some sorting out, to say the least. It got late.

@northgeorgia I’m sending prayers and positive vibes that you will stay on the upward track towards a quick and complete recovery. Take care.

@basyjames and @stitchincarol Thanks for the BD wishes. And @stitchincarol-enjoy your 2 years younger status for the next 7 days….is that correct? The 11th is your BD? 63 sounds so much younger to me than 64 now. lol.

I have a couple of medical appointments today that I must get myself ready for and off to, so I will try to get back on the forum this afternoon and catch up on all the rest of the posts.

@northerndawn – so sorry to have missed your birthday on Day 2 – belated best wishes x

Day 4 USA (Illinois)

Good Friday, everyone. Quick check in – will try to post more later.

Onward and downward.

D4 FD800 UK Lake District

Happy Friday

Late check in today as DH had his 17th Chemo treatment this morning.

Yesterdays CD turned into a NFD so doing another FD today to try and make up for it.. Everything OK so far broke my fast with cauliflower and butter bean falafel and a large salad.

Pocket list Day 4
    @dykask WFD95
    @toady FD800
    @at
    @kazoo

ZCB Day 4
    @toady
    @at
    @kazoo

Have a good weekend

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5, 1000 calories

Oh joy, oh joy!! 145.2 this morning! Woo-HOOOOO! Doing 500-800-800-500 every M-Th really does give results. DH and I are toying with going out to dinner tonight; the challenge is that I want reasonable calories but I don’t want the feel of a FD. I want to support our struggling restaurants. I don’t want to be silly about exposure to covid. It’s a constant juggling act, isn’t it? And take-out isn’t really an option because we’re 40 minutes or more away from any lovely restaurants. Oh well, we’ll figure it out.

@emerald32 Welcome back! Impressive inches you’ve lost, congratulations! And I can’t even imagine the appeal of sea swimming, but I’m delighted for you that it’s clearly something you love.

@bellyblast From the way you describe your day, I imagine we all wish we could be you–I certainly do!! 😜 I hope today is as lovely as yesterday!

Oh, dear, @northgeorgia! I do hope you’re already past the worst of it! I’ll keep you in my prayers for rapid healing and little suffering.

@dj757575 Welcome back! Such a lovely description of where you live, and so impressive that you lost so much weight in such a short time and kept it off for three years! You WILL get back in control, I’m sure, and get back to your goal weight. There was lots of chatter in this group starting in August about grounding mats and many of our members sleep far better because they got them for their bed; perhaps it would be worth you looking into that?

@penz Yay on another smaller dress!!

@lilymartin I remember the day maybe ten years ago when I noticed in the mirror that I had a little “blub” of fat front and center below my belly button. “How cute,” I laughed. sigh. HOW could I have been so stupid and clueless that I didn’t drop down and do a hundred crunches on the spot????? That little “blub” of fat has been with me ever since. I’m so curious to find if it goes away as I lose more weight, or if the weight comes off of other spots instead. So glad you’re back and firmly back on the wagon, and I love that phrase but had forgotten it: “Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.”

@toady well, well done!!

@daffodil2010 Have fun with your friend, her Christmas tree and a glass of wine; I’m sure it’ll be a lovely evening and she’ll so treasure your company and help!

@northerndawn No, it’s the 10th…a Thursday this year, so in the way of my usual FD. I’m actually toying with having a FD anyway since DS29 and DS24 will come on Sunday for a glorious birthday dinner. That’s a lovely way to celebrate a birthday, isn’t it???? 😂😁🤣 Probably I won’t, but it makes me smile to consider it.

@kazoo I pray your husband’s chemo treatment doesn’t come with lots of ill-effects.

I’m going to hold on to that quote for awhile now…I only barely pulled off my FD yesterday and was probably closer to 700 than the 500 it was supposed to be, but I persevered and am living proof this morning of the veracity of this statement: “Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.” Amen! May we all be proof of that statement!

USA. Day 4. FD

Northgeorgia, I am sorry to see that you have gotten Covid. The speed with which people around me here in my state has incredibly sped up. I wish you well and a speedy recovery.

Adding myself to today’s pocket list.

Pocket list Day 4
    @dykask WFD95
    @toady FD800
    @at
    @kazoo
    @ccco

ZCB Day 4
    @toady
    @at
    @kazoo

DTF
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 4 – Canada- NFD
    I am really enjoying reading all of your posts each day.
    Good to know that there are people doing this with me.
    The power of support!!!!
    I had a good day yesterday. Around 7 pm my neighbor bring me homemade banana chocolate chip muffins fresh from oven. That was my first cheating! I tried my best but the smell did it. That put me just a bit over my daily 1000 calories.
    Good luck everyone!

Day 4 Canada NFD

Going to keep working on strengthening my self-control, I feel like I am on a slippery slope 🙂 This forum is the best way to stay on track, thanks for being here everyone. The mild weather continues and it is too nice to stay inside, I am off for a walk and then a ski with DH later in the day…..@stitchincarol yes I am one lucky girl…you sure are melting away the weight so must be thrilled

@northgeorgia I am so sorry you have COVID and hope you have a full and speedy recovery
    @maya1980 that is not really cheating but part of this WOL
    @penz such a great feeling when certain clothes can be won hey
    @lilymartin oh my goodness, why does the weight stick around the belly area…just the worst
    @northerndawn belated happy birthday

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 395 total)

You must be logged in to reply.