December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,192 total)

• Day 15 Wisconsin USA NFD

Love reading all your posts to gather motivation for this day.

Yesterday my FD was more like an 800 calorie day (there was just enough leftover chicken curry soup to push me over) but it’s my favorite homemade soup and hard to resist eating it once I start.

Today will be a very mindful NFD. This halfway point in December brings me to one month before we leave on our trip , so it’s definitely crunch time now.

Activity will be teaching yoga classes and riding the bike for 5 miles at the gym (rolling hills).

I’ll start baking (Christmas cookies) this afternoon and weekend. I debated quite a bit about the cookies. I truly would feel sad if I failed to bake this year because of fears I will over indulge, yet I know the risks of having sweet things easily available. I plan to package the cookies as soon as possible after baking so they are not simply lying about. We’ll see how the plan goes.

Good luck to everyone today, whether you are on a FD, a LFD, a CD or a NFD. Wonderful to know we are all in this together.

Take care, Markie

Day 15,FD, Germany
    Day 14 NFD
    Yesterday on my NFD I had a little too much on my plate and also finished my son’s leftover bread from kindergarten 🙈. So today’s FD is welcome and feels like cleaning my body!
    Tonight I will sing at a concert in church together with my choir. Looking forward to it! After the concert we will go out to celebrate. Most of us will eat sth. I am not planning to do that but will have a glass of wine…hopefully won’t knock me out after my FD and adrenaline of concert…

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a good right on TDEE day yesterday. Hopefully today will be the same. Off to Silver Sneakers this morning, then tonight will see the local ballet company’s production of “Nutcracker.” They always do such a nice job, and the girl playing Clara is a “granddaughter” of sorts as her mom and dad met at a local playhouse where I was musical director for “The Fantastics.” Good memories.

@markie99 – it really IS possible to bake and not indulge on our own creations! Just think of your product as gifts for others, maybe take one taste to make sure it’s edible, but not really for you. You’re strong!

Onward and downward.

Day 15 UK NFD

After yesterday’s FD this morning I weighed 79kg. That’s a total loss of 2kg in 2 weeks on this WOL, and my BMI is down from 28.8 to 28.1 This is the first time my weight has gone down – rather than up! – since 2007.

I’m going to move December’s goalposts and aim to lose another 2 kg by Monday 1 January, I need goals to keep me motivated!

Yesterday I fasted all day then ate stew with leftover rice and peas in the evening. Waiting to eat til the evening seems to work really well for me, it’s much easier to remember. I had a bit of a headache but a salty hot vegemite and lots of fizzy water and it was gone. I’m noticing more joint pain, but not sure if that’s the cold weather and not enough sleep.

I invented a delicious pudding yesterday – 200g low fat greek yogurt mixed with 2tsp cacao powder and 1tsp honey. It was completely delicious and made me feel really cheery. I suddenly remembered that cacao can be a stimulant, but I slept like a log for the first time in months. Has anyone else used cacao for treats?

I’m really new to this and deeply inspired by everyone’s stories, insights and ideas. It’s such an interesting process and as much about developing self-compassion as well as self-control.

@quebecoise – no idea how you even breathe in windchill -31C. Like your pup, I don’t think I’d ever want to leave the house!!

@debster2010 – congratulations on your new low!

Day 15 UK NFD

Did it again – went to edit and lost the post! Not sure what’s happening there but i will try to ignore typos.

Successful FD yesterday and down another 1lb to 79kg. That’s a total of 2kg in my first 2weeks on this WOL, and my BMI is down from 28.8 to 28.1. The first time my weight has gone down rathe5 than up since 2007! I’m going to shift the December goalposts and aim to lose another 2kg by Monday 1 January so I’ve got some motivation to keep going, otherwise I’ll simply relax over Christmas and be back where I started.

Fasting all day and eating in the evenigns really seems to work for me. I had a headache but it went after a hot vegemite and plenty of water. I seem to need to drink a lot more now, and I’ve always drunk a fair bit. 2litres of fizzy water as well as coffee & herbal tea. I think I’m noticing i’m thirsty where I used to think I was hungry.

Broke my fast with the end of the tofu lentil and veg stew, total of 300 calories. Then invented a yummy pudding of lowfat greek yogurt, cacao and honey – less than 200 calories and completely delicious. It boosted my mood and i slept like a log for the first time in months! I’ve read it’s supposed to be a stimulant but seemed to have the opposite effect on me. Has anyone else used cacao for treats?

Thank you for inspiring stories, ideas and insights. It is an wonderful thing to be here.

@debster2010 congratulations on your new low!

@quebecoise I don’t know how you ever leave the house with that temperature – I think I’d be like your puppy!

Day 15 NFD Oregon USA

Had a good FD yesterday and this morning am down another .5 lbs. (Which after the Poptart debaucle) I will take! Only .5 away from my December goal (though it was conservative because of the holidays).

I’m with you @markie99 as I will be baking cookies tonight (not a FD for me but really needing a high CD) and then the whole girls weekend with cookie exchange this weekend is making me worry about going up in pounds but hopefully over the next two weeks I can make it up and reach that December goal.
    @quebecoise–that is just so so so cold! Wow, and we’ve been cold here in Oregon at 32F. 🙂

@BigViking–you are finding your way into maintenance and I am sure things will balance out quickly. It is really the greatest thing about this WOL is the flexibility to correct indulgences and find what will work for the long run. You inspire me!

I really appreciate this forum for helping me stay accountable.
    And it’s free!!!??!! Thank you all.

May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less.

Day 15 – USA – NFD

Day 15/Ireland/FD
    Day 12 – 14 NFD

Hi all,

Lost touch a bit over the past few days – various Christmas celebrations kept hijacking me, but back on track today and looking forward rather than backwards. Haven’t weighed for a week and loath to do so as I don’t feel any lighter. Still keeping the FD means that I am not inextricably gaining – I hope…

**DAY 15 POCKETLIST**
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    **If you want to join just copy, paste and add your name**
    @toddybear
    @dykask
    @flourbaby
    @lynned
    @at
    @bert1802
    @irishtrier

Day 15 Akron OH CD
    This has been a successful week in terms of sticking to the plan.
    Usually when I’m busy and stressed I eat everything in sight but because I planned b2b fast days all week, I knew that wasn’t an option and surprise, I was able to abstain from poor habits.
    I stepped on the scale this morning and I’m now at the low end of my happy range at 152.2lbs. So yay! I have a semi formal event this evening and I plan to enjoy what I can-in moderation. To set myself up, I had 1/3 cup of high fat low sugar yogurt for breakfast and skipped lunch. It’s working so far, I’m not at all hungry.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone and keep fighting the good fight. It’s worth it.

Day 15 – Massachusetts – NFD

Today I plan on making a CD. Yesterday I definitely splurged at the holiday party, and Saturday I am going out for some yummy sushi, so today I am trying to be mindful and healthy.

Carry on!

Today is day 60 on 5:2 and to this point I have lost 20 pounds. The first 2 weeks I felt like hell, moody and generally obnoxious etc. There has been a loss every week and I am now the lowest weight I have been for as long as I can remember. I am 54 years old and now weigh 169 lbs. The previous weight loss attempt, I was on Ideal Protein (IP). Very expensive and very difficult not to be hungry. This lifestyle has been a Godsend. I have been on antidepressants and cholesterol. I have started to wean off of both and it feels as if I have been reborn. I don’t speak of this to anyone, but my wife, and she will be trying 5:2 after the first of the year. Thanks to all of you and this support forum.

Day 15 North Wales NFD

@wordman81 thank you for sharing your story; that is so awesome and inspiring!!

Day 15 California NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well. I came in a little under 500 calories. But I’m only down 200 grams to 59.7. I seem to be doing a good job of maintaining this month, but my intent is lose a couple more kg. NFDs are the hardest!

@wordman81, congrats on your great weight loss! 20 pounds in 60 days is amazing. Are you going to do maintenance now, or do you still have more to lose?

Day 15 – 2nd post

@wordman81 congratulations on your epic achievement – 20lbs in 60 days is amazing! And thanks for sharing your experience of mood & health, that’s really helpful.

Day 15 – SW WA USA – NFD

Day 16, NFD
    Day 17, NFD

Away for the w/e without access to scales. Aiming to stay reasonably controlled and do B2B Mon/Tue to get ready for the Xmas onslaught…

Hi all! I’m only just joining the party…
    Day 16 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Backstory for me: I was an avid 4:3er around this time of year two years ago. I got down to my lowest weight of 55kg and stayed there…until I got pregnant again, followed by a new career in teaching which meant meal skipping everyday and making up for it with the Freddo stash that was meant for the students. I haven’t been able to get under 63kg. So I went back to my weight tracker and realised what I was doing when I got to my lowest weight. How good is the weight tracker on this page!? Now I’m on school holidays until the end of Jan, I can focus on my health. I’ll start with 5:2 this week to get back into the swing of it.

Perth, Western Australia
    Day 14 – NFD
    Day 15 – major NFD
    Day 16 – a very necessary FD – first of B2B
    I think I may have to change my goals to maintain through December. Was beating myself up over it but reading everyone’s posts have made me feel so much better. I’m not in this alone. Others are going through the same thing and it’s so lovely to be able to celebrate people’s successes.

Day 16 – Japan – NFD 81.2 kg

Well it could have been better but the FD was easy. The hard part is my teenagers. 😀

@busymummam – welcome! Hope our little band is as helpful for you as they have been for me. Many of us use My Fitness Pal (MFP) as a guide for caloric intake. It is very user friendly – just the free version works for almost everyone. I don’t bother with the exercise tracker as that just adds allowable calories per day. It also has a weight tracker built in.

Day 15 second post

@wordman81–really awesome!
    So inspiring and you really have made great progress.
    I am on day 45 and only down 7.5 but in it for the long run so hopefully will make it happen in time.
    @busymummam–welcome!
    @markie99 hope you had better luck than me staying out of your baking. I was trying a new cookie recipe and felt obligated to see if they were good. Yes they were. All four batches. 😜
    @songbirdme I kept hearing your voice telling me I didn’t need to try them but it didn’t stop the dragon. 😈
    @dykask..lol on FD’s being easier than teenagers. Definitely easier than NFD’s for me!

I just need to breathe and enjoy one of my favorite weekends of the year and know that any weight gained can never lost!!

Happy Friday all.

Thanks Songbirdme 🙂

I’ve been using MFP for the last 2 years and it’s great, but my issue has always been keeping my calorie intake low enough to see a loss. I have high ghrelin levels and only going low carb has helped with that, but it’s still so easy to overeat when you’re eating high amounts of fat!

Thanks Mjrbcd44! It’s nice to return to a bunch that’s so easy going and supportive of a fasting lifestyle (that’s not also hardcore keto and fasting for like three days).

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Ooh my head is sore. Last nights works drinks do in the local pub was great fun but a tad too many alcoholic beverages were consumed….and everyone is in work this morning. At least I got home by 10.30. The young lads even went on out to a nightclub after 😱 It will be interesting to see the motivation and workload this morning 😆

It’s an NFD today. My DH has his Christmas party tonight and has suggested I pick him up afterwards. At 1am and 40km away from where we live 😨I do hope he is joking. Its Saturday night!!! It’s my one night off to relax and some wine is eagerly anticipated.

Happy weekend all. Hoping to get through today (it’s going to be busy in work) and then relax

Day 16 UK NFD

Day 16 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    Not losing but not gaining. Those little treats on NFD are adding up to me standing still😠. Hopefully I’ll be more focused in January.

Day 16, Whitley Bay, NFD

Day 14’s planned 3rd FD of the week turned into an impromptu Christmas beer/s out for OH and I which culminated in a bit of a feast that evening. However, no regrets, we enjoyed ourselves and that’s another pre-Christmas event ticked off the ‘events’ list. Yesterday wasn’t a great NFD – definitely over TDEE after too many dry roasted peanuts last night. They were in the house – enough said. Going to aim for a controlled weekend before a night out on Sunday evening to see a Fleetwood Mac tribute band performing the entire Rumours album at a local brewery where a few more beers will be enjoyed. As well as dancing.

I’m still holding strong on the no wine – well at least no white wine (Devil’s rocket-fuel!). So far in December I have had a total of 3 bottles of red. Now that may seem a lot – but that would have been 3 days worth last month. (I am working on the premise that talking about my ‘habit’ with my friends here will help me win the battle of control). I’m certainly having the best month I’ve had since April in that regard.

I haven’t had a chance to try the air-fryer yet – but today could be the day. Got a relaxed day planned, wrapping presents and a walk on the beach. Several more cups of tea and my 30 minute exercise session first. Whilst I’m struggling to lose on the scales, I am definitely seeing results in terms of toning.

@bert1802 – I am now regretting BIG STYLE sending my Dwight Yoakham ’06 tour shirt to the charity shop after that same Fly Lady session. I am just far too impetuous! Congratulations on your fantastic milestone – it doesn’t feel that long ago you were plateauing around 140lbs. Wow wow wow!
    Thanks for insightful posts from both @flourbaby and @michelinme.
    @debster251 – Lovely news about your new family member – what have you called her?
    @markie99 & @daffodil2010 – that’s 3 of us, that I know of, with holidays planned for January – a new pocket list perchance, starting January 2nd?
    @EmmaTaylor – my finger hovered over the buy button several times after reviewing that book on Amazon. I may just be brave and go ahead with the purchase. x

“Every experience in your life is being orchestrated to teach you something you need to know to move forward.” – Brian Tracy

2nd post

Forgot to ask. Has anyone prepared any meals from The Hairy Dieters Go Veggie book? I just got it last week but the long ingredient lists on every page are putting me off.

Other recommended sources/books for easy to prepare veggie meals will be much appreciated too.

Thanks.

@strawberriesandcream – you are doing soooo well, swerving the devils rocket fuel – hahaha. I was in the same ballpark as you, at least a bottle of wine a day, which was ridiculous. Anyway, nothing yet this month since I got back from Venice in November. Paris dry, and off to Rome for two weeks in January. I’m very nervous about that. But, back to FD at last. Lots of people have mentioned that it’s easier to fast if you eat as late as possible on your FD, and I agree. I had some kale with Parmesan on Thursday at about 5, and somehow avoided eating much else till I went to bed. When I start scoffing I find it hard to stop…..
    Good luck today all.

Day 16, London, UK, NFD,

Planning to be very controlled today, yesterdays’ FD went well, despite the free Xmas tasters available in the supermarket!!!

Just back from the hairdressers, so I’m aiming for an 18:6 day for additional control.

I hope everyone’s doing well and I’ll catch-up on posts later………………….. I can’t believe how many cookery programmes are on the telly at the moment……………….Raymond Blanc is KILLING me with a Gran Marnier soufflé /pancake combo right now!!!!! I WILL NOT LICK THE TV SCREEN!!!!

Keep the faith people!!!!!

Day 16 Wisconsin USA FD
    NFD went well. Feeling I have to be accountable to myself and all of you, I have avoided sampling cookies so far. I just keep telling myself they are not my cookies. Thanks very much for your support! Down about .5lb, making my loss this month about 2 pounds so far. Thrilled with any loss at all.

I’m happy to be on a FD, since I won’t need to think about food until much later today, when I will have a meal of 500 calories or less.

Activity today will be baking (I know, how ironic) and general holiday organizing of home things in readiness for the holidays.

@songbirdme thanks for the extra support re:cookies. It really helped!

@strawberriesandcream yes, a pocket list for vacations in January would be brilliant!

@mjrbcd44 congrats on the loss, and good luck with your cookie exchange!! Hope you can just have fun with your friends and not focus on the cookies.

@wordman81 congratulations on your awesome progress and thank you so much for sharing your story.

Good luck everyone, whatever kind of day you are experiencing. If you feel the need of support, just come here and read. Take care, Markie

Day 16….Florida……undecided!

@flourbaby…….licking the TV screen does not work, I’ve tried it! Just makes you want it even more!

Well, it official, I’m at 130lbs, yesterday was a NFD, todays weigh in made it official after two NFD. I’m undecided about today’s adventure, I’ve got a busy day ahead of me….my home blessing, running errands, the dog sooo needs a bath and Ive got to finish decorating this house. So tired of looking at the Christmas bins, in our living room. I also wanted to make my banana chocolate chip muffins for the boys today. If I wait any longer, I’m gonna lose the bananas.
    When my days off are busy like this, my last thought is eating, so it may turn into a FD accidentally!
    Oh crap…..don’t let me forget to get walnuts while I’m out…..I forgot I’ve got zucchini in the fridge to make zucchini bread!
    I’ve really over scheduled myself today!
    Next week, is going to be a doozy, more than likely no FD’s will be had. Monday is our contractors Christmas Party, Tues., the hubby and I will be out and about finishing our Christmas shopping up then to the market for the fixings for Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas breakfast and dinner. The only good thing is Christmas Eve will be meatless….Oh what a good Catholic family we are…..lol
    Then We’d., Thurs. and Friday lunch is being provided to us by our different vendors and suppliers…..
    no wonder the average gain during the holidays is 10lbs, everyone likes to feed you!

Oh…. I’m on rambling rampage this morning…..

Before I go, I would like to welcome the new members to our world wide family.

And to those who are struggling at the moment…… During our struggles it’s important for us to stop and remember where we have come from. Growing up my sister would always say to me in times of struggle and despair….. If we didn’t struggle, if we didn’t skin our knees every once in the while, where would the trick be. One must struggle to understand where we have come from and where we are going. The easiest road is not always the best! So, here let me help you stand up, you got this because I’ve got you!

Okay…. off to schedule my day!

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?
    He knows where all the bad girls live!

Day 16 – Cumbria UK – NFD

A successful FD yesterday – weight this morning 53.5kg/117.9lbs so happily maintaining 😇

Broke my fast this morning with brunch out with OH before getting some new lightweight walking shoes, my old ones are so worn down that there is no grip left at the bottom………Then home to do some house chores 😒
    Having a mug of hot water with lemon whilst doing a brief catch up here. Out soon for a manicure ready for tonight’s party 😊

Christmas party tonight is for OH’s running club with some 50ish people turning up apparently – an opportunity to dress up but what to wear??? should be good fun and the company is usually great. For those of you who don’t know OH does not drink alcohol so I always have a driver and can enjoy a few glasses of 🥂🍷BUT will have to stay in control 😇 tonight as I have a Yoga Workshop in a yurt in a forested area tomorrow from 1000-1600hrs (9 of us including the teacher) luckily with a wood burner to keep us nice and warm 🧘‍♀️

If you are struggling know that you are not alone – read some of the posts on here for inspiration and don’t berate yourself for having an off day or two – “Weight loss is like driving: If you ever veer off the road, just make a U-Turn and head back in the right direction”

Wherever you are in the world hope you are all having a fab weekend – “LIFE is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to DANCE in the RAIN”

Day 16 Germany NFD
    My FD yesterday didn’t end too well 😣. Had too much champagne at our concert last night and afterwards really felt like I needed some food! We went to celebrate at an Italian restaurant and I ordered something. Glad though that I didn’t go on a binge when I got home! That was actually really hard to go straight to bed.
    I think in January I will go on an alcohol free month! Is there an extra challenge / forum for this?
    Today I am not trying to make up for yesterday but just stick to my 3 meals! The same is tomorrow and Monday and Wednesday will be FDs again!

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Going to make today a little more controlled than yesterday, hopefully 16:8. More power to all of you who are doing without your wine/alcohol! “Devil’s rocket fuel” is a delightful picture in my mind for white wine. How much we all learn from each other….

@markie99 – every time I bake treats for church or for others, I keep reminding myself those things are not for me. It does seem to help. Glad it did for you. I’m making candy myself today for a party tomorrow. I’ll remember our secret.

@bert1802 – gotta put nuts in zucchini bread! Your days are oh so full. We do enjoy reading about your escapades.

@at – enjoy your Christmas party! I’m sure you’ll find just what to wear. I have found Skechers to be good lightweight shoes for walking, exercising, etc. There is an outlet store near our daughter’s place in Utah where I have found some good bargains.

Onward and downward.

Day 16 UK NFD

Couldn’t sleep last night – got up at 3am and mixed porridge oats with chopped up apple, raisins and almond milk. I must have absorbed something from this WOL because I actually weighed things as I put them in the bowl. Slept really well after that. Perhaps my body needs more carbs than I’d realised?

This morning I was surprised to be down another 1lb, making 5lbs/2.4kgs since i started on 1 December. I think everyone loses quite a lot more to begin with? I’m also beginning to realise that my diet before was pretty calorific – although mostly healthy food I never thought about calories at all & ate loads of cheese, nuts, dried fruit. Now I’m suddenly beginning to eat more consciously & with a better idea of portion size. So not only have I stopped gaining about 1lb/week (!) it’s going off.

Last night I made some lentil & veggie stew for next week’s FD – easier to eat well when planning ahead. Rather than just trusting the recipe I’d adapted, I weighed the stuff I put in and calculated the calories. Discovered that mine was much lower calorie than the one I’d followed – less oil & lentils, more veg. So I can eat larger portions on FD and still be within my 500-800 calorie goal – or have pudding 😀

Been baking bread this morning, which seems to have become a Saturday routine thse last 3 weeks. I’ve been eating low carb for a couple of years but recently stopped buying gluten-free sandwich thins because they are expensive (£2.50 for 4) and I realised I could probably make something more cheaply. Never having baked a loaf in my life I’ve got into the very easy yogurt-based breads which are like a soda bread, using spelt or oats and seeds. Today I also made a breakfast bread for my daughter, with cinnamon & ginger and raisins as well as seeds. Hopefully it’ll keep her going in her very busy week ahead – she’s a trained singer and has a concert or service every night this week after her day job, and then 16 hours’ straight on Christmas Eve!

Off to do adapted yoga & meditation – it’s important to try to look after my head as well as my body – and a quiet evening before long day tomorrow, hopefully writing some Christmas cards! I’m really behind this year after my own and family illnesses this last few months, but I’ll be glad to get some time focusing on old friends as I write.

@strawberriesandcream I’ve not used that book but been veggie for nearly 30 years. There are some fabulous & quick, low calorie veggie recipes around – I usually find new ones by googling “easy veggie meals”

Day 16 NFD Oregon USA on my way to Seattle

As confessed last night didn’t make it through baking without sampling. But my goodness this recipe is good. Soft Butterscotch Pudding Cookies with Sea Salt. 😊 just sayin….

@strawberriesandcream I can totally relate to the talking about drinking habit and being more accountable. This WOL is definitely helping me at least two days a week so far but can see a future that I can get better control even on NFD.
    For me it’s beer… Which is worst I think for calories and carbs.

@michelinme struggled with sleep last night too and then remembered that my magnesium oil had come in the mail. Got up and applied it and will do it daily now. I believe it was @metatauta who suggested?

@markie99 I will definitely enjoy time with my friends and a couple of treats but also focused on not overdoing.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    🎄May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less. ⛄

Hello, I’m joining half way through but I’ve been challenging myself this month. I’m a 66 YO man in Las Vegas Nevada USA, well at least for 4 more days when I turn 67. 5’10” and this morning 165.2 lbs, my lowest ever adult weight. I’ve been successful in keeping of >50 lbs of fat for 17 years and I’m 74 lbs lower than my max now.

I was attracted to fasting mostly for the health benefits but the fat loss is a nice side perk. For December I’m doing 2:1 with water fasts. I find it easier and much more effective to water fast than eating <600cal on FD.

I just had two cocktail parties in a row, one on the start night of my FD and the other in the middle. Although the food smelled delicious and the wine tempting I enjoyed sparkling water with a twist of lime and great conversation instead of breaking my fast. I’m definitely treating myself to a nice seafood dinner tonight!

Day
    1 NFD
    2 NFD
    3 FD
    4 NFD
    5 NFD
    6 FD
    7 NFD
    8 NFD
    9 FD
    10 NFD
    11 NFD
    12 FD
    13 NFD
    14 NFD
    15 FD
    16 NFD

Day 16 California NFD

I’m down 100 grams from yesterday, even though we went out to dinner last night and I had wine. I still seem to be maintaining instead of losing.

Day 16 SW WA USA – FD

Decided to put in an 3rd FD this week. Over did the chocolates yesterday that I had on hand for rewards for vocabulary bingo with the students. I don’t usually have a FD on a Saturday but I don’t want to let the food get an upper hand this month. The scale showed the excess this morning, so back to control.

@diverdog – welcome! Question – what do you mean by 2:1? There are 7 days in a week so most of us started 5:2 though we sometimes do 4:3 weeks etc. Haven’t heard of a 2:1.

@michelinme – you’re doing well. Glad you’re finding success on 5:2. Your bread baking sounds great! I’m experimenting with low-carb breads. The Keto bread from dietdoctor.com worked for some small rolls recently. Think I might take some up to my family Christmas in Canada next week.

@bert1802 – congrats for reaching 130 lbs!

So many are venturing into cookie making. So far I’m staying with only making what I would allow myself to eat. I may take the chocolate zucchini pecan loaf made with almond & coconut flour & sweetened with a combo of stevia & xylitol. Don’t know if I trust myself to make with regular flour and sugar.

Remember together we are stronger!

@michelinme In the early days the weight loss is higher, as a lot of it is water. When it slows down, it is normally because you are burning fat. And at some point you will hit a plateau. This is normal! It is when the body uses the empty fat cells to store water. When that happens, you look forwad to “the whoosh”!

But in the meantime, enjoy the fantastic progress you are making!

AnneMarilyn, for me 2:1 simply means 2 NFD then 1 FD. It doesn’t divide into a week nicely

Day 16 – Massachusetts – nfd

The past three days Ive been eating too much. Returning to a FD tomorrow. Probably not losing any weight unfortunately. How do you guys stop going out of control on your nfd?

Day 16 2hd post

@annemarilyn thought of you as I was driving through Vancouver and Longview…. Don’t know if I know which town you are in specifically. 😊

Cookie exchange is done without too much overage. But now there is beer and dinner…. Sigh.
    Definitely gonna need good FD’s this week and should probably add one.
    @Diverdog–amazing journey! Welcome to the monthly challenge.

leggit, here’s a couple of things that help. Do a healthy home makeover. Clean out all junk food and trigger foods that contain sugar and refined carbs. These foods set up craving cycles and result in binging. If they are in your home you will eat them! I know one of the premises of 5:2 is that you can eat what you want on NFD’s but reality is you need to choose wisely for long term success.

In the end it comes down to what is more important to you, long term health and fitness or short term gratification from over eating.

TAL, I can sure understand the wine conundrum, for me 2 glasses of wine and all bets are off!! LOL I rewarded myself with a wonderful meal tonight. Goat cheese wonton with raspberry sauce, beet salad, grilled duck breast with mashed sweet potatoes, sauteed veggies and two glasses of a really good pinot noir. Desert was a double espresso and a small piece of molten chocolate cake. The servings were small and so good! Did I mention I’m a foodie! LOL

Day 17 – Japan – NFD 81.7 kg

I noticing my weight isn’t going up as fast after fasting. I hope this isn’t just a fluke!

Day 17 – Perth, Western Australia – FD (2nd of B2B)

Day 17 – Melbourne – NFD

Was going so well until after lunch and found the Toblerone that I was given and the stash of choc chip cookies. I cut dinner in half in an attempt to compensate and I’m making the night a light one with some air popped popcorn. Tomorrow is a FD and I’m almost relieved.

Got the miso soup stash ready and two small meals prepped. Bring it on!

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

So looking forward to my day off today. Working 6 days straight for 4 weeks is very tiring, but just one more week to go of the madness.

I ate a lot of cr@p yesterday evening due to being tired and hungover. . Will try to be a bit more mindful today.
    Happy Sunday all.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.