December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,192 total)

• Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    3rd of B2B2B

Nearly at pre-Spa weekend weight, happy days. One more FD left.

I am however finding it cold in the evening at home, even with the heating on. I am loath to light the fire when it’s just me, so I am walking around in layers of thermals in my house. I find that by bedtime I need some carbs to heat me up, so the past two nights I have made small bowls of oat bran porridge with milk, sprinkled with nutmeg. Does bring me nearer 600/700 cal on my FD though, but….

It’s done the trick, and with hot water bottle at my feet, I am sleeping very well. Don’t even hear DH when he gets in after 1am ☺️

Wrote a list last night if all the things to do before our Peru trip. It’s only 3 weeks away!
    And I have realised I need to buy things for it,,but it’s Christmas busy time…argh 😨
    Must look in my wardrobe for summer clothes size 10. My gear from this years Summer trip is too big 😄

@Bert1302 loved your little bunny story. @fatrabbit I always enjoy your tales of your rescue bunnies.

@mogaman really hope you get well soon.

Day 11 FD
    Day 12 NFD
    Day 13 FD
    Day 14 Melbourne NFD

Sorry, not able to post every day but am aiming to behave properly anyway 🙂

@at you are still highly inspirational!

@strawberriesandcream I totally sympathise ref alcohol struggles. I probably don’t have a big quantity but I do struggle not to have a glass of red wine EvERy night… it just seems so enjoyable after every tough day at work to relax and wine down…Freudian slip? with a wine…sigh

@songbirdme yes I second that statement about learning a lot here – from around the world:
    I have just discovered what a kringle is (ohhhh mylord….keep me away from them, pleeeeese) and what an Instant Pot is – looks pretty good! I made my Christmas pud in the slow cooker this year and found it very easy – will do it that way from now on.

@mjrbcd44 please keep us up to speed with the airfryer – I have often looked at those and wondered if they are any good.

“I am a neat hand at cookery, and I’ll tell you what I knocked up for my Christmas-eve dinner in the Library Cart. I knocked up a beefsteak-pudding for one, with two kidneys, a dozen oysters, and a couple of mushrooms thrown in. It’s a pudding to put a man in good humour with everything, except the two bottom buttons of his waistcoat.”
    Charles Dickens (1812-1870) ‘Doctor Marigold’ (1865)

Day 14, Whitley Bay, FD

Great to hear your niece’s wedding was such a huge success all round @awilson.

Thanks for your encouragement @quebecoise – you’ve certainly got me through the last two FDs. This morning the scale is looking a little more reasonable at 136.6lbs but I’ve still a way to go to hit December’s goal. Therefore I’m going for another FD today.

@biddiev – alcohol has been a lifelong struggle for me but when I’ve really analysed it – my downfall is definitely white wine. Fortunately my binge a couple of weeks ago on my most very favourite Bancroft Estate Sauvignon Blanc has totally sickened me. I now believe and know that I can get through life without white wine. I haven’t touched Chardonnay after a similar situation over 3 years ago – so I know I can do it. However, life without any alcohol would just not work, so I shall continue with the battle to control it and allow myself some beer on the weekends and red wine with a meal out. It’s helpful to know that I’m not alone.

@mjrbcd44 – I couldn’t wait and ordered an air fryer. Yesterday I bought two big sweet potatoes. Today I shall experiment!

@bert1802 – your instruction for us to treat ourselves this month has led to one heck of a spending spree in this house: Air fryer, new CD display shelves, new audio system, new artworks, new clothes, a couple of beauty gadgets – new slippers to replace the pair I over enthusiastically binned after my Fly Lady session – and new cookery books. I can’t afford any wine now!!!!

Congratulations on all the great results and big hugs for those feeling down and uncertain right now.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford

Day 14, Anglesey, FD

Thanks for the sympathies and advice on grief. There doesn’t seem to be any direct path to recover from a bereavement. Emotions come in waves, you think you are progressing and then realise you have only done a U-turn and are going back the wrong way.

I worked out again last night. 2 short HIIT workouts by Fitness Blender. Feeling quite good after that.

Today I started on a raw fruit and cocoa bar from Nakd and a low-fat vanilla yogurt. Lunch is another portion of curried parsnip soup (rest has been frozen for now) and dinner will be a small portion of mixed vegetables and Quorn pieces in oyster and spring onion Chinese sauce with some long grain rice.
    I’ve packed 2 sticks of celery too to keep my stomach feeling full of negligible calories.

I weigh in again tomorrow… Before a big blow out tomorrow – Christmas lunch with work and drinks around town afterwards. It will be only my 2nd drinking session this year so it isn’t a regular occurrence but it most likely will be messy!

Oh, and the Garmin Forerunner 35 has been dispatched! I’m actually so excited – I can’t wait!

Day 14 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.

Day 14……Florida…..NFD

Good Morning! It’s a cold, cold morning here…laying in bed next to my snoring OH and drink a nice warm cup of coffee. I even turned the heat up a few more degrees, everyone will be up in about 15min., I don’t want them to wake up to a cold house.

My FD yesterday was more like 800 calories than the normal 500. I just. Felt a bit off, so not sure what it was I added a big ole fried bologna and onion sandwich for dinner. I think the salt did me well…. cuz I felt better afterwards!

@fat rabbit….I love that each day, we all find, we are a like in many ways! I started reusing and revamping years ago when I found myself unemployed and struggling financially and it has proven to be a real treat to make something new again!

@benz…..Welcome to our group!

@strawberries andcream……. you deserve all your new finds especially your new slippers! Just so you feel better about your slippers…..I accidentally binned one of my collector Grateful Dead shirts worth $150 during my flylady declutter! First, I’m a huge dead head, and I did not realize Ibinned it until I went to wear it. Yes, it was 5 sizes to big for me but I could have kicked myself in the arse when I realized it was gone!
    Then I went through panic mode and tore through my closet like a mad women making sure I did not accidentally through any of my other shirts away!
    But they were all still there……
    I’m a huge Grateful Dead fan, I have memorabilia all over my home including a huge framed poster of a skeleton coming out of the water hanging in my living room, but my concert shirts are my favorite!

Okay well…..I’m rambling again……

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?
    He knows where all the bad girls live!

Day 14, Belfast, FD
    Day 13, Belfast, NFD

Had a bit of time so I’ve assembled a pocket list for today. Apologies if I’ve missed anyone..

***DAY 14 POCKET LIST***
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    **If you want to join just copy, paste and add your name***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink

Good luck all!

Day 14, London, UK

Mediocre FD yesterday, released the dragon with a clementine………… a clementine!!!! So I ended the day at 650cals without even having the veggie soup I had painstakingly prepared!!!! You can imagine what those 650cals were made of…………………… minimal nutrition!!! Patting myself on the back for actually stopping before I opened the pack of Pringles I bought for Xmas!!! I’ve had a 3lb whoosh over the last 2 days, questioning whether the poor food choices will come back to not only bite but set up home on my a*se or whether it’s this…………………..

http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

http://fatburningman.com/4-simple-strategies-to-burn-fat-after-a-binge/

What were you doing before 5:2??? Probably, like me having lots of days that you thought were normal, some were, some weren’t, some were unconsciously below TDEE, others were so far over TDEE you would have to do a B2B2B2B2B2B to compensate!!! So now, I don’t beat myself up about hurling myself off of the wagon & getting cosy with my trigger foods (Mmmhhh bread!!) because at least now I’m actually doing something to counteract ‘those’ days, and in fact, ‘those’ days are becoming less and less and less……………………… the brain retraining goes on!!!! I’m shocked to discover, I’m NOT perfect (!) so there WILL be red wine, cake, biscuits etc in my life, it is for living after-all; this WOL isn’t a quick fix and I’m learning everyday, my most recent lesson is not to just say these words, but to DO IT………………’be gentle and kind to yourself, you’re worth the effort’.

So I think being kind & gentle with oneself includes what we choose to eat & drink, perhaps I’ll try thinking “Is this going to help keep Alzheimer’s or dementia or heart disease from my door that bit longer????”

Clearly I’ve a few things on my mind (LOL) I’ll try to catch-up on posts later!!! Stay strong everyone!!!!

Day 14 UK FD

Huge thank you to @fatrabbit for your insights on psychological hunger, and @quebecoise for tips on tackling the evening munchies. I put them into practice and had a much better evening.

In fact I was chuffed as bunnies with myself yesterday evening when I realised that my mindful eating had totalled around 1300 calories, accidentally balancing out the extra calories from the evening before. And I felt so much better for not eating extra.

I think I might need to be careful to make this sustainable, and not give my head too many rules to climb around. Otherwise I’ll either blow out and get depressed or get anxious about eating fullstop. It’s feels so easy to set myself up for unhealthy psychological issues around food. I’m still surprised to discover how some of the issues and insights are similar to stopping smoking, and can have similar positive repercussions around confidence, empowerment, ability to make changes and helpful choices.

My food is again laid out on a shelf of the fridge ready, all just needs heating up rather than cooking. The last of the old stew with the last of the tofu, some cooked rice & peas and a hard boiled egg. I will see how I go with just drinking during the day,including hot vegemite, herbal tea and plenty of fizzy water. I can add some crunchy carrot sticks with a bean dip later on if i feel the need of it, and perhaps a crunchy apple in sticks too. Thank you for the idea of evening porridge – that’s brilliant for warming up. Also going to make a spicy red lentil and veg stew later on too, some to eat over the next couple of days and some to freeze for FD next week.

Looking forward to a more productive day today, keeping busier than before.

***DAY 14 POCKET LIST***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink
    @michelinme

Day 14 Akron OH FD. That makes 4 in a row.

Stepped on the scale this morning, I am firmly in the middle of my maintenance range 154.8 thankful for that and looking forward to the day. First holiday party of the year is tomorrow evening, I do not plan to go overboard – I did plenty of that last week; and felt terrible. My plan is to follow a high fat, low sugar, low carb diet till the end of the year.
    For the first time in years, I am looking forward to ringing in the new year happy about my weight.

Day 14 FD Oregon USA

Great posts from so many of you!
    @strawberriesandcream I am so excited to hear about your efforts with the air fryer!
    @flourbaby your words about being gentle with yourself really resonated with me this morning. I have a tough time with that and wondering why???
    Do I have some unconscious voice telling me I am not worth it? It has left me to ponder.. 🤔
    @basyjames, @fatrabbit, @daffodil2010,@maayyaa and others who are reaching “all time lows” this month-just awesome and incredible! Keep up the great work.
    I am looking forward to a fun girls weekend in Seattle this weekend. My friends for 40+years and an annual cookie exchange started when we were in 7th grade with our Moms. Sadly we only have two Moms left of seven, but still one of my dearest life gifts these friends. ❤️
    But first… FD today and my son’s awesome holiday choir concert after work.

🎄May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less. ⛄

Day 14 Wisconsin USA FD

A good NFD yesterday, and scale moved a tiny bit in the right direction this morning. Completed activity as planned, so feel pretty good about how things are going.

@mjrbcd44 thanks for your comment. I’ve always been pretty active and when I retired from a busy job in Nursing a few years ago I knew I had to keep my activity up if I had any chance to stay fit. I joined the Y a few days after I retired and that led to yoga and my job there and the classes I teach. I couldn’t be happier about my strength and flexibility and balance, although of course there is always room to improve. I enjoy biking and where I live a gym is the only option at this time of year, so I’m happy to be able to get my miles in there.

Today my plan is for a successful FD. I’ve already logged my 5 mile ride at the gym (rolling hills seemed very tough today, and I only did them for half the ride). Hoping to walk at the mall later today. Not my favorite place, but it gets me out of the house (kitchen) and I do have a little shopping to complete.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but we are taking a trip to Costa Rica in mid-January. I know I can’t meet my main goal of losing a stone by then, but I’m hoping this challenge helps with a few pounds at least. I would like to feel a little more comfortable about my weight by mid-January.

Good luck to everyone today. So happy I can be a part of this group.

Remember, we get fit in the gym and lose weight in the kitchen!

Take care, Markie

Day 14 second post.

Dear Lord all that writing and I forgot to add myself to the pocket list. 😉😉

**DAY 14 POCKET LIST***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink
    @michelinme
    @mjrbcd44

Day 16/16:8 CD/Melbourne Australia

Have a great day all whether fasting or not.

Day 14 – SW WA USA – FD

Day 14 USA (Illinois) NFD

Sunny and cold here today. I put on my long down coat to go in for my fasting blood test this morning. I’ll be curious to see how my numbers look at my doctor’s annual physical on Monday.

Due to stopping eating about 6:30 p.m. I only ate about 800 calories yesterday. That’s about as controlled a day as I can claim!

@flourbaby – thanks for the link to the “whoosh effect” article. I’ve seen a little about that article here, but finally read it today. Fascinating data. It makes me wonder about why I’m not losing any more weight despite keeping well under TDEE nearly every day but only doing 1 FD a week. I think my body may be waiting for a whoosh! Guess I will just have to see.

Sure wish I could find an article about how many days in a year we consider “celebration” days that routinely include feasting. I am quite certain that is one major reason Americans are overweight compared to the world’s population. We celebrate many birthdays, holidays, end-of-work-week, graduations, and more. We often seek out reasons to celebrate! Yesterday was national “Hot Cocoa Day!” No, I didn’t make a cup, but might today! One of my favorite ski slope bar warm-up beverages is hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps we call a “Peppermint Patty.” Then there is hot apple cider with apple schnapps and a cinnamon stick – “Hot Apple Pie.”

Sorry- Southern hemisphere chums who are sweltering while we freeze up north!

Onward and downward.

Day 14 Belfast FD

Well, my life is about to change forever. Today we signed up to adopt a dog from the Dogs Trust. We just have to get our garden inspected then we bring our puppy home. She is a collie cross and I’m really looking forward to having a new little girl in our house. Even OH is excited and that’s saying something.
    @bert1802 what a beautiful bunny story. When I was a child, my grandpa had a pond. One morning, when we were staying there, we woke to find a hedgehog in the water struggling to get out. We fished him out with out fishing nets and he got hiccups. That hiccuping hedgehog image always comes to mind when hedgehogs are mentioned. Happy memories! And as far as recycling, my OH is KING!. He fixes and does up everything at the drop of a hat. We’ve just finished revamping my granny’s sideboard and table. I love the idea of of re-using and re-inventing. Our resources are finite after all

Welcome @betz to this international and very supportive forum.
    @Strawberriesandcream I think Santa’s come early!
    @mjrbcd44 I was just about to blow a fast day and I read your post. So thank you! I’m adding myself to the list.

**DAY 14 POCKET LIST***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink
    @michelinme
    @mjrbcd44
    @debster251

Off to my art class now. The final one before Christmas…. where did the time go?

Day 14 – Massachusetts – NFD

Today is the work holiday party! Looking forward to it. The scales showed some drop in weight this morning. But I am not even halfway to my December goal. We shall see what the next week brings. I am noticing the changes, which feels great.

@betz28 – hello fellow Massachusettsan! (Massachusite?)

Good luck to all fasters today! Just keep going!

Second post

Adding myself to the pocket list:

**DAY 14 POCKET LIST***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink
    @michelinme
    @mjrbcd44
    @debster251
    @markie99

Day 14 McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    I fell face first in a bowl of mac and cheese yesterday, destroying my FD. 😡 It’s harder than I thought to put the genie back in the bottle. 🧞‍♀️
    Tomorrow we host a neighborhood dinner. I’m making cupcakes for the kids (yeah right)!! Our neighbors are all wine connoisseurs so the wine will flow. 🥂 🍷This season is difficult on the waistline but such a joy in so many other ways.

@mjrbcd44 @debster251 @at @Strawberriesandcream – Thank you the good wishes.
    @bert1802 – I love your 9 lives analogy
    @bert1802 – Your advocacy for your son and the resulting benefit to many is such a beautiful story.
    @rosettafaery – The description of your Christmas decorating created such a warm homey image in my mind.
    @emma Taylor – What willpower you have, drinking water in Paris.
    @fatrabbit – Love the image your post brings up.
    @songbirdme – I haven’t worked with phyllo dough for awhile but I remember it drys out quickly so cover with a damp dishcloth will help.
    @lynned – Hang in there and don’t beat yourself up!! Time to press the RESET 🛑
    @daffodil2010 – So glad you had a relaxing time at the spa, sounds fabulous.

Day 14, Sicily, nfd

Daffodil 2010 I agree with you wholeheartedly Sicily is truly a beautiful island. Thanks songbirdme. I’m enjoying my stay and we’re scheduled to go back to Malta and then Gozo Saturday morning. Then on the 28th December we come back to Sicily for another week with my youngest daughter her husband and toddler son and our son too until 5 January.

Good morning/night everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 14 – Started in Prague and ended in UK! FD

I had breakfast in beautiful Prague and then fasted for the rest of the day… unusual for me as the last day of any holiday is usually filled with treats ‘before I start again tomorrow’ – so this is a real first. I would like to think I can make it back to pre-Prague weight by Monday but the weekend will bring another Christmas Party…. who knows!

@betz28 – Welcome – you’re right everyone is so supportive and as a newbie myself I’ve found it has made such a difference.

@rosettafaery – good luck with your Garmin. I love mine and it’s been a huge motivator – a second or two off a time here or there and a few extra steps to reach another goal.

@leggit – yes! Did the Castle District – we loved it! Prague surprised me as I’m not really a city lover but would be very happy to return…. maybe the Czech pilsner and the gluhwein had some influence… but let’s hope not too influential on the scales on Monday!!!!

I’m off to bed now as I’m hungry! A little worried about my ambitions for a successful B2B!

@awilson – I read about the damp tea towel too, but my hint was to put it over plastic wrap on the pile of phyllo. Where the plastic wrap had not covered, the towel stuck and ruined one piece of dough. No big deal, but I learned! The recipe went over very well!

Day 14 North Wales FD

Adding myself to the pocket list:

**DAY 14 POCKET LIST***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink
    @michelinme
    @mjrbcd44
    @debster251
    @markie99
    @molij

Still day 14

@Markee99 – I bet you’re looking forward to the Costa Rica trip. I was able to spend a week there a couple of summers ago. A lovely country & friendly people. It seems like the Switzerland of Central America; especially after time in Nicaragua.

Adding to the list

**DAY 14 POCKET LIST***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink
    @michelinme
    @mjrbcd44
    @debster251
    @markie99
    @annemarilyn

Together we are stronger!

Day 15 FD Brisbane, Australia

This is the first time I have done three FD’s in one week. I am finding my FD’s easier all the time. Maybe because of this busy time of year I don’t have time to think about being hungry.
    Had a lovely ladies lunch yesterday, chose a vege frittata and salad…yum!
    Thanks for taking the time to share your lives everyone…it’s nice to know we are not alone in our food/weight struggles. It doesn’t matter where our home is in the world we all face similar issues. I do love hearing everyone’s success stories!

Stay strong everyone…you’ve got this.

Day 14 California FD

I managed to hold my weight from yesterday and today is a FD. So I’m looking forward to some good progress when I get on the scale tomorrow morning.

**DAY 14 POCKET LIST***

@pamie
    @maayyaa
    @bigviking
    @fatrabbit
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @rosettafaery
    @belfastsink
    @michelinme
    @mjrbcd44
    @debster251
    @markie99
    @annemarilyn
    @califdreamer

Together we are stronger!

Day 12 – 14 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Busy last few days – lots of social events and some volunteering – trying to stay controlled with the food, especially nibbles and 🍷🥂- Weight stable around 54kg but planning a FD tomorrow 😇

Enjoyed 2 great yoga classes, an aerobic class and a 6km hike so far this week – going for another walk tomorrow – weather looks promising – cold but sunny hopefully!

@happymargo @mjrbcd44 – Thank you – it is so true that we have to believe in our ability to conquer our demons! We know that this WOL works and that it is so forgiving of any over indulgence – Pressing that RESET button puts us back in control…..
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – Thanks for that link 🤣
    @basyjames – you can do this! RESET
    @daffodil2010 – what a fab feeling when that special dress slips on like a glove 👗
    @mogaman – Sorry to hear about your problems – hope they get to the bottom of it soon 🤗
    @anna6 – what a shame that you had to stay in Sicily for a few more days 😉Lucky you – enjoy!
    @aljomisaza @debster251 – I grew up in Melbourne – love it! married an Australian and did the usual of that time of taking a year out to travel through Europe but never went back……….been living in the UK since 1982 but go back to Australia regularly to catch up with family and friends ☺️
    @rosettafaery – ((((HUGS)))) I also lost my first baby 30 years ago – you never forget and neither should you – you just learn to accept “You can do the impossible because you have been through the unimaginable”
    @bert1802 – your descriptions of the food dragon are always so vivid and I love how you always wrestle him into submission!
    @awilson – sounds like a fab wedding
    @betz28 – big welcome to the 5:2 WOL – we are a great International supportive group – all at different stages of our journey…looking forward to getting to know you
    @biddiev – 🤭 Thank you
    @flourbaby – Thank you for sharing – great Day 14 post 🤗

As I finish off my post I suddenly realised that we still have 10 days before it will be Christmas Eve – plenty of time to make some changes…….Go for it……..

“If life was easy where would all the adventures be”

Day 13 – USA – NFD
    Day 14 – USA – NFD

Day 14, Québec, FD

@strawberriesandcream pleased to know that I helped you. Let’s hold on. We can do this.

For those who might be interested, i have to say that the temperature here is now -19. And, hold on … It is -31 considering the windchill factor ! my dog, Mister Pixel, didn’t want to go outside to go pee, even if were going out with him. We had to catch him in the house, put on his winter coat and take him outside in our arms. He ran back to the house as soon as he could ! Poor little thing.

Bye bye for now.
    Fern x

Day 14 Sarasota, Florida CD I didn’t get enough to eat today- it was a CD by accident. We opted to have our dinner consist of bar bites with friends at a new neighborhood restaurant. By the time I realized it wasn’t enough, there was nothing much in the house and too late to do anything about it. So I had a piece of dark chocolate and I’m calling it a day. I’m looking forward to either oatmeal or bacon and eggs for breakfast! My weight is way down so I’ll eat what I want. Strange, all the FD’s I’ve done and this is the first time I’m going to bed hungry!

Day 15, Norway, NFD

@flourbaby – loved your post this morning, I really needed it today!… “What were you doing before 5:2???”. Cause when I woke up this morning, looked all over the house for the scales, finally found it (my OH has “clean-up-mania”), just to find out I gained 400grams after an “unsuccessful”-FD yesterday. I’ve thought about how annoyed I am about yesterday not turning into the perfect successful FD it should have. My FD’s that are successful contain of no kcals until dinnertime at home, then I eat my 500kcals, and usually no worries for the rest of the day. Since I had such a headache during my FD on Monday I thought I would try to eat some lunch yesterday instead of saving up for dinner. The headache stayed away, but I really felt like eating food when I got home…so I did…. But nothing else… For lunch I had veggies (tomatoes/cucumber) and fishcake (I know….) and for dinner I had “fish&macaroni-stew-thing”…. Ate too much of that, it’s not so bad in kcal (130kcal pr 100gr) but it’s the quantity  So before I started my post I was going to whine about how unsuccessful this was etc.,,,but then I came across your post, and it is SO true. How can I sit here and feel bad about yesterday, there were no sweets or snacks or anything yesterday…I’m going to shake that bad feeling off, enjoy my weekend and look forward to a normal successful FD like I usually have, one meal a day, and that’s when I get home from work.

Thank you all posters 🙂 I’m gonna check out the links about the woosh 🙂

Second post:

LOVED LOVED LOVED the article about the Whoosh-effect!!

Thank you!! :):):)

Day 15 – Japan – FD 83.7kg

Day 15, UK, NFD

75.2 kg. Two weeks into the month and I am 0.4kg up on the start point, but this is a lot better than a week ago. Considering this is after the reintroducction of alcohol (quite a lot…) and moving from AFD to 4:3 ( i.e. losing one FD in a fortnight), it looks like my maintenance weight might settle down soon.

I’m aiming for a much more controlled w/e on the booze front and then moving to only 2 FDs next week. With any luck that’ll do the trick and I too will get to experience the joys of 5:2 (and it’ll only have taken 9 months to get here).

Have a good Friday and w/e everybody!

Day 15 UK FD

Woken with a massive headache…. perhaps dehydrated after FD and flying yesterday…

Feel the need for a pocket list today so here’s a start…

**DAY 15 POCKETLIST**
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    **If you want to join just copy, paste and add your name**
    @toddybear

Have a good day everyone!

Day 15, Sicily, nfd

At thanks I’m enjoying my stay but I’m eating larger meals and sampling all the good food and desserts I encounter. I’m enjoying cannoli con ricotta and crema pasticiera, pizza (there is a pizzeria recently opened near were we’re staying with 87 different kinds of pizza and two different crusts plus any combination you wish to try. The pizza is amazingly good), beautiful sweet almond biscuits and cookies etc. I haven’t done one fast day since we came and though I’m not eating cookies as much I’d like to I’m sure I’ve gained weight. I’ll just do fast days next Monday through Wednesday like I used to when I’m back home.

I hope you’re all doing well today and enjoying the pre Christmas spirit. Stay strong, onwards and downwards.

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

After B2B2B I am happily at 9stone 9.5……135.5lbs, 61.5 kilos 🤗 Beaten Dec goal!
    I am a bit nerdy, love goals…..so I have set myself a new goal to get me past Christmas and New Year and set me up for my trip to Peru. I aim to get down to 59.5 kilos or 132 lbs,
    Or 9 stone 4.2 lbs by weigh in Wednesday morning 4th Jan 2018. Yes, it IS doable 😆

Focus focus.

Now that I am nearing ultimate goal I am also looking at other ways to take stock. That old waist to height measurement thingie, well I never really took much notice of it before, although I have been seeing my waist decrease from 42″ to 34.5″ since I started this WOL.

I am a classic Apple shape…waist bigger than hips…and this is not healthy. I looked up what it should be and so you need to divide your height in two and keep your waist under that. At 5’2″ my height is 62″ so my waist needs to be at most 31″ 😳
    So I gave a way to go!!! I do a daily plank but HATE them.
    Any tips?

@debster251 so excited for you and the imminent arrival of your girl pupper. Wonderful ☺️
    @quebecoise my that is COLD. Ireland would come to a stop in that temperature 😉

Happy Friday all. I have my work drinks tonight, not sure how that will go, will take it handy as have to work tomorrow anyway.

Day 15 – Cumbria UK – FD

Good morning from a cold cumbria – been up early to catch some of the 2nd day 3rd Ashes Test – very entertaining cricket 🏏

Looking forward to my regular Friday morning walking group – walking from Grasemere today – wonder how adventurous we will be in the 2hrs we have…….. expecting it to be rather cold with the wind chill factor today but weather man says some sunshine is expected 🌤 but also the odd ❄️or it might just be more 🌧 don’t really care will wrap up warm and in my waterproofs anyway 😉

@anna6 – I too love Sicilian food – a good cannoli is to die for……envious! They never taste as good outside of Sicily I think!!!
    @quebecoise – way too cold for me – I remember a skiing holiday in Lake Louise where the temp dropped to -35 and every part of my face was covered – it’s the only place I skied wearing full face coverage and we had lots of stops in cafes to warm up….
    @daffodil2010 – great job – so happy for you x
    @toddybear – I’ll join you in a FD today – remember to drink plenty – I keep a 500ml bottle of water with me on FD and try to drink at least 4 of these plus plenty of hot teas to keep me warm and hydrated.Together We can do this!
    @dykask – I’m adding you to the list for support

**DAY 15 POCKETLIST**
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @toddybear
    @dykask
    @at

Day 15, Cornwall UK, NFD

Weighed in at 90.5kg today – 1.6kg down on last week! I work in both kgs and pounds in my head and this takes me under 200lbs, which is a milestone for me. Next milestone in 85kg when I can shake off that ‘obese’ label. I lost no weight the week before and was beginning to doubt that this would work, and how long it would take, etc etc. And nearly talked myself out of continuing. I stayed reading this forum, and thanks to all those who encouraged me when I felt down about it.

I think I have had the ‘Whoosh’ that you all talk about! I’ve only been doing 5:2 just over 5 months and the weight loss has been fairly steady so this has been my first big challenge. @maayyaa – you have to stick to it, as I am sure you will get the loss if you keep going.

@daffodil2010 and @fatrabbit (and others!) – your stories of weight loss, good health and maintaining it all are amazing and keep me going!

@awilson – kind of you to say I have strong willpower but if I was that kind of person, I wouldn’t have got into this mess in the first place! But, I don’t consider it a mess now. All the support here makes me realise we are all just trying our best, messing up some of ( most of?) the time, but that’s being human.
    I can’t temember who said they couldn’t consider life without alcohol, but try reading Alcohol Explained. Once you know how alcohol works, and how your own body tries it’s very best to counteract alcohol, it puts you off it. Amazing.
    Best of luck everyone today. I gave my first FD for ages yesterday and I feel a hundred times better today.

Day 15 UK NFD

My fast day yesterday didn’t happen, but I am not worried. I feel good and positive and my body is finding its equilibrium point, wherever that is going to be. I am four pounds less than a week ago anyway. Another fast was a bit greedy in an upsidedown insideout sort of way!

Great news about breaking through the 200lb mark @cornish-jane. I remember that point well, it felt like a real breakthrough. My son is trying to get through it at the moment too, and he will, in fact I must get him to weigh himself today.

Day 15 Belfast
    The weight is stubbornly stuck at a pound above my lowest. I’m thinking that if I maintain this month, I’ll be doing well. We’ll see.
    @quebecoise – that’s seriously cold!
    @mogaman – is’t it funny that when we are prepared for a fast day, the hunger is controllable and when it happens by accident, it seems so much worse! Well done on your low weight.
    @daffodil2010 my height is 66” so I’m actually just at half for my height/waist ratio. And my BMI is 24.1. However, as an apple myself, I still feel my waist is too big at 33. I haven’t done daily planks since @at’s challenge. I’ve got lazy recently so after this post, here goes…. and as I’ve said before, your ability to shed those pounds is awesome!
    @cornish-jane – well done on your milestone. This WOL does work. Don’t forget all the other health benefits that go with it too. You’re doing amazingly well. Good luck on that 85 watershed. 👍

Stronger than yesterday!

Day 15, Belfast, NFD

Well, yesterday’s FD turned into a not-too-bad NFD. I noticed a job advertisement (deadline today) so I had to get my skates on and get the application form completed. Lots of pondering over writing up my work experience and adding Fluffy Mc Fluff (not keen on filling in application forms lol), so a bit more food/brain fuel was required. But I kept it pretty sensible, I’m still hovering around 11st 7lbs which is great for me (5ft 9). I’d like to come out the other side of the Christmas holidays at this weight.

Out with the work mates for a couple of Xmas beers after work, so will also try and be a bit more mindful over the weekend.

@debster251 ooh, a lovely collie cross. My sister has a big black collie and he’s a beauty. We’ve two springer spaniels – they are great but defo big eejits 😉

Good luck everyone today x

Day 15, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Because of Tuesdays’ FD turned NFD, I’ll be fasting today which might prove tricky, Pilates has been cancelled and I NEED to be busy on a FD. I weighed in at my ATL (All Time Low) this morning, FINALLY dipping under 11st, so that SHOULD be enough motivation!!! Determined, determined, determined!!!!! I think last weeks’ low willpower, binging and days above TDEE and above 500 cals was my subconscious attempt to eradicate all treats that had crept into the house………… the good stuff is gone (LOL) and luckily I didn’t make a start on the booze……………Pheww!!!!!

Does it seem like week 2 is proving more successful than week 1? Maybe the 1st week of a new challenge, having completed one, is the time we relax a bit too much, take our foot off the gas, so to speak? For myself, looking over my chart and MFP, my first week tends to be full of bad choices & bouncy-bouncy scales; then the 2nd week I knuckle down and pull my finger out!!!

@quebecoise, what a beautiful name you have, “Fernande”………… I thought I would mention it, again, I truly, truly believe I would just be a slightly podgy icicle in temperatures like that ….…….. wind-chill factor -31!!! I imagine it’s eerily silent and you see no other living creature at those temperatures…………….. a bit like how I imagine Armageddon!!!!

@at, it’s taken me ½ hour to read your post, every time I got to the word cricket, I promptly fell asleep!!!! LOL!!! My dad was an avid fan, but I just don’t get it!!!!!!

@cornish-jane, I’m doing a happy dance with you!!!!!

Now is the time to reinforce our battlements and be ready for WHATEVER the food/ drink demons decide to fire our way over the next 2 weeks, I’m practicing picturing each of you standing between me and that box of chocolates!!!

2nd post

So true What you say At. Cannolli only taste the best in Sicily.
    I love them but I limit myself to one per day here and not everyday.

Day 15 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.

Day 15….Florida…… FD

Happy Friday….. I got on the scales this morning and I find myself at my lowest weight in 20/30 years…..130.6lbs…… I really need to start considering which weight I feel most comfortable at, and try maintaining that weight. I’ve maintained a constant 132 for so long, and I was not really trying to lose more weight but Christmas parties start up next week, so I wanted to try and some good FD is in attempts to tame my dragon. So afraid, it will come out and I won’t be able to catch him….
    I sure in the hell don’t want that green and purple polka dotted one eye claw footed beast running around without his leach on for two long!

@dafodil……. I read on article a couple months ago on body shapes. I discovered Im a pear with no butt.. I have hips and thighs…… always have…. when I was younger, I used to call the thunder thighs because I swear when I walked you could hear the thunder rolling! My biggest accomplishment in my 5:2 world was finally having thigh gap. Although, I did agree with some of the article, I began to question if we can be really healthy regardless of our body type…. or size. I watched a YouTube clip of a overweight 40 year old and a perfect 40…. the doctor did a bunch of tests and found the overweight 40 year well overweight in the medical books was medically healthier than her counter part with the perfect 40 year old. I mean the perfect shaped women was medically very sick, where as the apple shaped was very healthy! Maybe our shape doesn’t matter as much when we care for ourselves.

Okay…well it’s time……

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?

He knows where all the bad girls live!

@flourbaby and @cornish-jane Well done on your milestones!

Day 15, South Wales, FD (again…!)

Lovely, inspiring posts – thanks all, you’re keeping me on-track. Still above my start weight for this month, but 2lb down from the start of the week. I’m piling on the FDs now in the hope of losing a few more pounds before the Christmas holidays. I always find it much harder to fast with kids around all day…

**DAY 15 POCKETLIST**
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @toddybear
    @dykask
    @flourbaby
    @lynned
    @at
    @bert1802

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.