December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,192 total)

• Day 12 California NFD

Yesterday was a successful FD, just a smidge under 500 calories. My scale rewarded me with a 59.6 reading, a 400 gram loss. Now that I’m close to my goal weight, that’s a lot. Now just to get through a NFD without trying to eat everything in the world. So far, it’s going well.

@daffodil2010, brainwashing at the spa, huh? I think that could be ok. 😁 It sounds like you had a wonderful time. At this time of year it would be twice as nice.

@quebecoise, congrats on the weight loss!

Day 12 – SW WA USA – NFD

Working on a controlled NFD. Didn’t have anything until lunch & keeping it moderate. Another holiday event this evening – will focus on nuts and fruit and minimize the sweets.

Behind on posts again. Love getting a few in at least.

@daffodil2010 – would love to be transported to your spa. Sounds lovely!

Back to work I go.

Together we are stronger – even in the holidays as @maayyaa is proving 🙂

Day 12 Wisconsin USA FD

Posting late today but happy to say so far a successful FD. Enjoyed a banana and a very small bowl of soup earlier today, and having a serving of grilled salmon and vegetables in a little while and then my kitchen will be “closed”.

Activities included a 5 mile bike ride (rolling hills) at the gym and also participated in a tai chi class (I’m learning tai chi but definitely a beginner).

Our printer developed a sudden fatal illness (“printhead has failed” said the message) and so an unplanned activity today included going out to purchase a new printer. Which was not in stock. Which will be delivered Friday (I hope because I need that printer for work related and holiday related things). On the plus side, better it happened this week than next.

Getting recipes together and finalizing my shopping list for Christmas baking today. It’s hard to think about baking and at the same time think about not eating cookies, but my husband and family look forward to certain things at Christmas and baked items are part of that. I will have to use this group to the fullest to try to stay on track. At least I don’t bake until quite close to the holiday itself, so that is a help.

@michelinme thanks for your post. It was so great to read about your insight and success. I am sometimes derailed by a sudden change in plans (someone hands me a box of crackers, for example) and then my plans to not eat crackers change into eating crackers, lol. I will remember your post the next time that happens.

Hope that everyone has had a good and successful day, whatever our goals. Take care, Markie

Days 12 & 13 – Perth, Western Australia – NFDs

Day 12 Sarasota, Florida NFD More lab testing today. No results yet. On Friday I will have been sick for a month. This is not a minor thing. Hope to get effective treatment before Holiday vacation. 🎄

Day 13 country West Australia CD
    Had a good FD yesterday until supper with friends when a few pastries mysteriously disappeared – down my throat! But not as bad as it could have been.
    Out to morning tea this morning and dinner tonight so hoping for a well controlled Day.
    Good luck all as we hurtle towards Christmas with all the festivities on the way.

Day 12 – Massachusetts – FD

So yesterday’s NFD ended with the sugar dragon forcing me eating too many cookies again. I am trying something new where I post at the end of my day instead of the start. This way, if I mess up I have to put it in the message same day and you all will immediately know my shame. I am hoping this will help deter me. Anyone else notice a difference for when they post?

Today’s FD is going well so far, <500 calories. Plan on making tomorrow a FD as well for a B2B. Thursday is my work holiday party so I am planning on splurging then.

@toddybear – I loved Prague when I visited! So beautiful! All that history is amazing! Did you go to the Castle District? As an American, castles that are actually old are still a novelty.

@onahealthyhigh — the Spanakopita was a huge hit at our PEO party! The way I chose to fix it was quite labor intensive — took me about 90 minutes to fix 36 little triangle bundles. I had no idea that many Greeks were in Melbourne. Interesting the things I learn around here!

Day 13, Norway, CD

@daffodil2010 – oh what a wonderful feeling that must be, to fit in a beautiful dress and feel just that – BEAUTIFUL. That’s my goal too 
    @debster251 – thanks for the reminder , it’s so true, and I really try to say just that to myself. Today I hadn’t gained anything, even though yesterday wasn’t an FD, but more like a CD rather than NFD, even though I had 2 cookies and 2 “chocolate balls” – but I don’t think that was overdoing it…its December 

I will do another CD today, I’m feeling a bit “under the weather” (?)…stuffed nose and headaches, and too much work going on in the house. I used my crock-pot last night, to fix todays lunch. Just various vegetables and some lean beef. Will eat the leftovers for dinner.

“I didn’t come this far, only to come this far.” 

Day 13, Sicily, nfd

The catamaran has a technical fault and didn’t part to Malta yesterday and it’s supposed to make a trip next Saturday. As we are with our Jeep we cannot go by airplane. So our holiday is extended until Saturday.

We tried a different pizza from a different restaurant yesterday and it was very good too.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. Onwards and downwards

Day 13 FD Brisbane, Australia
    Today is not my usual FD but I am going out to lunch tomorrow (my usual FD) with the lovely ladies I worked with during the last six weeks. I love that there are no hard and fast rules in this WOL. If I want to change up my FD, I can. In fact I may do another FD on Friday, because I can…and because I am making a birthday dinner for my lovely DIL and I expect to indulge a little.
    I have a a number of people comment on my weight loss recently, which is lovely, BUT I have also had some comment along the lines of “You have lost enough now, you don’t need to lose any more” . I have not even reached a healthy BMI. This is my body and if I choose to lose a few more kilos, I will. I get to choose when I am happy with my weight, not anyone else. Rant over!
    @strawberriesandcream your OH’s comment about the red/white Christmas made me laugh out loud 😀
    @mogaman hoping you get an answer to your illness and that you get back to full health soon.
    @daffodil2010 Your spa weekend sounded amazing, I am sure you looked like a million dollars in your RL dress.
    @at Melbourne is our favourite Aussie city, apart from Brisbane of course. Have you been before?
    @stevetoontaxidriver What is a Geordie?
    @flourbaby Your posts always make me giggle.
    @quebecoise -16C just blows my mind. If we get down to 15C on a winters day we think we are freezing ❄️❄️❄️
    Stay strong everyone…you’ve got this.

If I have posted the same thing a number I times I apologise. When I press submit I can’t find my post. This is a test post!

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B2B

Good FD yesterday, slightly over 500 calories …….. but I was like a lost soul in the evening with nothing to do (I mentioned before that DH has started a new work pattern from 2pm to midnight), so I was sitting around on the iPad googling and lurking people from my past 😨
    Ex boyfriends and the like 😱 Interesting exercise to keep my mind off snacks. Not something I should be doing though 😉. Glad to see that they are all doing super well in their careers and none have lost their hair 😆

So, firm resolve today that when I get home from work it’s into my walking gear and out for a brisk walk before dinner. I will write a list of things to do (loads of things to do!!) and tackle them each evening.

@anna6 I know it’s inconvenient but how lovely to have to extend your stay in lovely Sicily. We visited Sicily last year on the motorbike, beautiful island.

@debster251 ha ha about my insoles melting the ice 😆 Seriously, they WORKED!!
    My feet stayed warm all day and this was at the low setting. Have to recharge them in the evening, but that’s a minor inconvenience as long as I dont forget !

Thank you to all who commented on my spa visit and beautiful dress. I loved the time so much that I have “suggested” to DH that we go there for our wedding anniversary in the Spring 😊

Day 13 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD.

Day 13 UK NFD

No course to go to tonight so I will call tomorrow a fast day instead this week although given the big drop on the scales this morning it might be a bit redundant. I lost over a pound overnight despite eating right at tdee yesterday. I am down to 142.4lbs, BMI 21.3. I wasn’t expecting that! I was probably carrying some water weight from poor food last week that whooshed away 🙂

The snow melted a lot overnight. I am a bit sad, it was very beautiful. But it made everything harder and there is lots of repair work the volunteers need to be able to get started on tomorrow so it is just as well. It is going to rain for most of today so I shall leave the rabbits in so they don’t get soaked and cold and do the house cleaning that I should have done on Monday. Joy!

Day 13, UK, FD
    77.8 kg rhis morning. B2B coming up 😀

Day 13, Belgium, NFD

Day 12, NFD

Yesterday and today a bit of a disaster. Although I’ve done my FDs normally but these NFD are office lunches, dinners etc…

Today being the worse combination of having had very little sleep and restaurant meals planned…

Going to look into my planning to add a few extra FDs next week!

I hope you’re all well, this week is a little to hectic to find time to read all the posts, sorry about that!

Day 13, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

So yesterdays’ FD wasn’t exactly successful, people keep delivering goodies to the office & I’m not superwoman!!! They will be distributed to everyone on the 22nd but in the meantime the odd tin of biscuits or chocolates finds its way into the kitchen!!!!!! I suppose I’m lucky they haven’t opened any of the booze ………….. yet!!!!!!!!

I’m determined to complete this weeks’ B2B2B and bank a few extra FDs for Xmas. I know that’s not how this WOL is supposed to work, but I can’t face the January 1st shame, so banking now and planning to take my bathroom scales with me EVERYWHERE over the hols!!!!

@bigviking, I’m also a member of the clean plate club, it’s such a difficult habit to break. As children we get praised for clearing our plates, so when I don’t, I can’t help but feel bad!! I now know that it makes no difference to the worlds starving children, it’s either the bin or my hips, there is ALWAYS tomorrow and if, by chance, somewhere in my future I really am desperate for that last potato………………….I’ll just have to deal with it then & there!!!! Also, did you think the waiter was a bit cheeky for highlighting your clean plate??????

Stay strong & keep the faith everyone, we CAN do this!!!!

Day 13, Whitley Bay, FD (2nd of B2B with Day 12)

Sending best wishes to you @mogaman x
    @quebecoise – really pleased to hear you are doing so well. Not really sure what’s going on with me as after yesterday’s FD I am 3lbs up on my last weigh in of last week. 138.5lbs – BMI heading back to 23. However, a meal out on Sunday followed by another on Monday has obviously had some effect – just hope it’s temporary. It just serves to make me more determined.
    Yes @steve toon taxi driver – we are indeed near neighbours. Bit of a miserable grey day today now that all the pretty snow as melted.

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.” – Confucius

Day 13 – Japan – NFD 81.8kg

Thanks for the advice about maybe needing more salt in my diet.
    I’ve actually been on quite a low salt diet due to my kidney function. I had a Wilm’s tumour (kidney cancer) as a baby and my right kidney was removed at that time to take away the cancer. My remaining kidney took a battering from the chemo and radiotherapy and so I had to have a kidney transplant (donated from my Dad) in 2011.
    I don’t add salt to my cooking but do have the occasional crisps, marmite and such.
    The headache was a bit out of the ordinary for me but it has eased a lot now.

Day 13, Anglesey, NFD
    Yesterday I stuck to my fasting and felt quite good on it (apart from my headache).
    Today I was annoyed to see my weight increase again (66.4kg) but I’m thinking it might be water retention as I did a HIIT workout on Monday evening and my muscles are a little sore today.
    I’ve had peanut butter with my breakfast and having humous with my lunch to add in some extra protein. I’ve also got an Alpro strawberry milkshake to give me a boost.

I’ve not been feeling too bad about Christmas what with my miscarriage earlier in the year. But opening a few Christmas cards and seeing everyone wishing you “a fabulous fun filled Christmas” and such isn’t helping my soul! I had a colleague just before asking if I was ready to Christmas, what I was buying and things. I ended up saying “just counting down the days now” and walked away feeling rather deflated.
    I feel I shouldn’t be this miserable and that I’m in fact turning into Scrooge.
    I’ve gone through loss before with my Grandparents and a couple uncles, but this feels all the more consuming.

I’ve got another workout planned for tonight and I have leftovers of my bulgar wheat, roasted veg and tuna meal from last night (bulgar wheat seems to go a long way!). I’m allowing myself the occasional treat but on the whole I’m trying to be healthy and making conscious decisions about what I eat and do.

I’m currently attempting to buy a Garmin Forerunner 35 to give me a little more motivation with my fitness.
    Ordered from Curry’s on black Friday – got lost in the post and then they refunded me as they have no further stock.
    Ordered from another supplier – refunded as they aren’t available.
    Tried a third vendor and as of yet no cancelled order so I’m keeping my fingers crossed! 😀

Day 13, South Wales, FD

Adding in an extra LFD as my scales are stubbornly stuck 3lb up on my start weight.

Day 13….Florida….FD

Another FD planned for today….. I really want to sat yesterday NFD was successful but they set out the Christmas candy dishes filled with candy…The dragon saw that and well, he destroyed his cage trying to get to it. Good thing is I think he ate all the plain chocolate ones, so providing that don’t refill them, all that is left is the ones with filled chocolates (nuts, pnbutter and other stuff), and for some odd reason my stay away from them. Actually, he kind of turns his nose up at them…..I’m going to try and rebuild his cage today!

@fatrabbit…… last night, I thought about you as I filled my wild rabbit food pile. Since we garden and I use repellent to keep them out of my veggies. I make a pile of odds and end for them to eat, so that they don’t get therepellent on their fur… but it was windy and cold out there…..I can only imagine how you feel keep your baby’s cared for.

@daffodil……..my OH works late a couple times a week….I find these are the nights, I can do little projects,binge watch my shows and etc. I always make a list in y planner for these days!

Okay well….. I’m off….drank my coffee quick this morning…..

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?
    He knows where all the bad girls live!

Day 13 Akron OH both FD
    I usually have a café mocha Keurig cup in the mornings on my FD and then eat dinner when I get home. This week, I decided to try to wean myself off the sugar rush in the morning and see how I do. First day was a little uncomfortable but not by much, and I was too busy yesterday to eat or drink anything (except water) until dinner time, today isn’t too bad either so that’s good.

@rosettafaery my heart goes out to you. Warm virtual hugs from Ohio. I wish I could give you a physical hug. I miscarried my first child and the sense of loss and guilt was all consuming and almost overpowering, 15 years later I still remember how inadequate I felt. There are no words to express how badly I want to support you; I appreciate your can do spirit.

@aljomisaza I am right there with you on your rant. Same thing happened to me when I was trying to reach my goal weight, so many comments about how I needed to stop losing weight and start eating because if I turned sideways I would disappear. My BMI is healthy and my doctor was not concerned that I was underweight and those other comments were so annoying; especially when you are trying to stay motivated. Just shrug them off and keep doing your thing. Some people mean well, but others are just plain jealous that you’re doing what they can’t.

well I ma off to earn my keep; keep fighting the good fight and do not give up, fasting may not win every battle but it is winning the war

Day 13 UK NFD

Yesterday was NFD and I went over my TDEE for the first time since beginning this WOL on 1 December. I’d made a baked apple with 2 tsp homemade mincemeat and low fat Greek yogurt, and even tho I worked out I was almost at my limit I still ate it, blocking out the signals that I was pretty full and didn’t need it. Today I’m still at 79.5kg so no loss from Monday’s FD – or it’s gone back up.

I’m going to make some vegetable soup or stew for tomorrow’s FD and plan both my day and my meals for the rest of this week. Planning seems to be the framework that holds me up – without it I flounder and with it I’m much more stable, happier and secure. Perhaps that’ll work to keep me on track over the next few days.

I guess I’m learning that everything counts, it all adds up and the only way forwards is … forwards! Changing eating patterns needs to be conscious and sustained – I need to challenge the feeling that i’m just doing this For Now and can relax back into a variation on the patterns that got me here. It feels like a mixture of self-control, conscious eating and planning. So much to learn, on so many levels!

Clearly evenings are going to be the difficult end of the day and it’s so easy to eat more when tired – the signals aren’t so clear and the willpower gets weary. Even – or especially – on a NFD when I’m not so vigilant and feel the need to kick back a bit for balance. That’s going to need some planning for! I’ll be really glad of tips for what’s worked for other people in these hungry NFD evenings when it’s tempting to eat more.

Day 13 UK NFD

That’s 2 days running when my post has disappeared after I went back to edit a typo – I won’t be doing that again!!!

Ate over my TDEE yesterday for the first time with a baked apple dessert at the end of a conscious and careful NFD. Need to work out strategy for hungry evenings – esp on NFD when my eye is a little off the ball, my willpower is weary and I’m thinking it’s OK to kick back because it’s a NFD. So easy to slip back into the patterns that got me here. Planning ahead would be really helpful.

Anyone got tips for hungry evenings on NFD? I think I’m better with FDs and telling myself I can have it tomorrow, reminding myself why I’m doing this etc. That seems to be sufficiently motivating. It’s NFD and getting my head into this as a WOL (which I keep typing as WOLF!)

second post

@bert1802 It is so nice to read how you live with those wild rabbits. It is great how you accept them and work around their desire to munch your garden. So often people set themselves against the world instead of finding a way to live in it. I bet you get quite a bit of pleasure from watching them too. Humans don’t really want a sterile bland human only world. We need to all be more accommodating to the creatures we live beside.

@michelinme I find it is helpful on NFDs that are threatening to go overboard to remind myself that if I eat that extra thing I am tempted to talk myself into I will still be wanting more and won’t feel anymore satisfied than I do not having had it. The psychological hunger only ever wants more and more until physical discomfort intervenes and that isn’t what anyone really wants but is what we are most likely to get when we overeat, as well as self disgust and irritation.

Day 13 Wisconsin USA NFD

FD yesterday as planned and although the scale just doesn’t want to move, I feel great. Had a nice non-scale experience when someone told me I look as if I’ve lost weight.

Plan for today is to eat mindfully. No holiday events planned for the near future, and not baking for another few days, so no immediate pitfalls ahead.

Activity today: teach two senior yoga classes and log 5 miles on the bike at the gym. I volunteer at our library once a week on Wednesdays (help patrons with computer issues) so today will be a good long day away from home and my kitchen.

@rosettafaery I don’t really know you, so I hope you don’t mind if I share my thoughts. There is no roadmap or time limit for grief, so not surprising that at this time of year our thoughts go to things we have lost as well as things we are thankful to have. My heart goes out to you on your loss.

Good luck to everyone today. Take care, Markie

Day 13 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Probably had too many “not good for me” items at our Christmas party last night, including several glasses of a nice Merlot, but like @maayyaa said “it’s December.” We will make up for those calories as time passes.

@anna6 – enjoy your extended vacation. You have a great attitude about the inconvenience!

Tonight I have to do a 12 hour fast before my annual physical blood test. So funny how I used to dread not eating for 12 hours. How our WOL has changed me. Yeah for that.

Onward and downward.

Day 13 – SW WA USA – NFD

So happy for how yesterday was controlled. As @fatrabbit mentioned about our “hunger”, we feel so much better when we don’t overindulge.
    More Christmas functions today. This time a breakfast party at one school & an after school one at the other school. Again will work on being thoughtful in my eating, with the memory of how enjoyable yesterday was when moderate decisions were made.

@aljomisaza – I saw 2 short posts back to back from you; including your test one.

@rosettafaery – my heart goes out to you as you grieve the loss of your baby. I agree with @Markee that it knows no timeline. Holidays often intensify grief. Sending (((hugs))) & prayers too.

@michelinme – FYI, I saw 2 Day 13 posts of yours; a longer one and then the shorter one.

@songbirdme It is interesting how a 12 hour fast is no big deal now on this WOE

Have a great day! We’re doing this together!

Day 13 NFD Oregon USA

Set back last night when a late night dragon appeared urging me to eat PopTarts!
    One probably wonders why I own PopTarts, and I pass the buck to my teenage son but truth be told I grew up eating the things for breakfast everyday and the frosted cinnamon ones are something of a comfort food? Usually I can stay away but last night I gave in due to some emotional triggers. Anyways…back to it today.

I have my second FD scheduled tomorrow and not weighing until Friday AM. Just hoping to maintain the loss I had earlier in the month, but we shall see.

@markie99 it sounds like you have such an incredibly good exercise regime-definitely is my New Year’s goal to get back to the active lifestyle I used to have. My work life has taken me off track from it, and I know I feel so much better when I am active.

@Michelinme–I struggle with the exact same thing FD’s are much easier the NFD’s for me. I know drinking tea helps me at night to stop wanting other things sometimes, but it is definitely a struggle.

All my best to everyone as we are almost half way through the month. This forum has been such a gift to me.

May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less.

Day 13,Germany, FD
    Day 12, NFD
    Doing all right, started out with LFD today but just had some fruit as well. I need to go to bed earlier! Sleep is so important for my well being and helps me a lot in staying clear with my food!
    Good FDs and NFDs to all of you!

@michelinme @mjrbcd44 thanks for your warm words of understanding!

Day 13 – 🇬🇧- FD

My word it is party season – just about survived two Xmas parties ate & drank for Britain!!!! Whoops 😬 so back on FD – no way it will cancel it out but makes me feel better about my vices!!! Especially as there are more parties into next week……

Day 13, Québec, NFD

@fatrabbit
    I so agree with you that we need to be more accomodating to the creatures we live beside. That is what I try to do. Thank you for those words of wisdom.

I also agree when you say that The psychological hunger only ever wants more and more until physical discomfort intervenes and that isn’t what anyone really wants but is what we are most likely to get when we overeat, as well as self disgust and irritation.

It happended to me the other noght after a great FD … All of a sudden I had an attack and started putting all kinds of not healty foods in my body. Oh I need sugar Oh I need salt. OH I need fries. OH now I need sugar to balance the sugar …. And so on ….

I now know that this means that it’s time for me to go to bed.

@michelinme
    A few tricks that sometimes work dor me for the humgry evenings…
    Brush my teeth; drink water; change my environment ( for instance if I normally ear chips sitting in front of TV I will turn off TV, get up, walk around and dring water ); i recently discoverde that eating 3-4 kalamata olives does a great job for me.
    Good luck.

@strawberriesandcream
    Don’t get discouraged. I noticed that the pounds gained fast tend to go away faster than those gained over a long period.
    Stay strong I am with you holding your hand.

This morning is weighed 133,4. I feel I’m on a good strech and I intend to go on !

Have a nice day everyone.

Fernande x

Day 13 McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    Day 12 – San Francisco – NFD
    Day 11 – San Francisco – Wedding
    Day 10 – San Francisco – NFD
    Got home late last night. My nieces wedding was so much fun. Our family is expanding and I love her new husband and his family. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see the joy and new beginnings.
    Well the food was fantastic and the wine/champagne flowed and I enjoyed all of it. 🥂 🎉 🎊 Up about a pound this morning so not too terrible. I’m definitely in the mood for a good FD though.
    It will take me some time to catch up on posts, but I will.

Day 13 Sarasota, Florida NFD Still waiting for test results. I’m not digesting my food properly. Friday I will have been sick for a month. Meanwhile, still trying to up my fruit and vegetable game. Good tidings to all!

Day 13 North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Day13 Belfast EFS day🤭😱
    Now there’s being kind to yourself and being self indulgent! Had a great FD Monday, but have blown it completely since then. No excuses. I just ate too much rubbish and am feeling bloated and horrible. BIG reset tomorrow.

@rosettafaery – I’m sorry to hear of your miscarriage – I can’t imagine what it’s like to lose a child. Christmas is one of those bitter sweet times when the loss of our loved ones becomes very raw. Thinking of you. Xo
    @toddybear Prague is one of my all time favourite cities, and one I promised myself to go back to for the Christmas markets. Lucky you!
    @michelinme – I’m impressed with your cracker control! Well done you!
    @quebecoise – well done you! Great weight loss, 👍
    @at Melbourne was my favourite city in Oz. Lucky you! But yes, four seasons in one day so pack accordingly!
    Thank you @strawberries for the Confucius saying. Yes, rising every time I fall seems to be a regular event at the moment.

So I’m zipping the lips and rolling up the sleeves for a big FD tomorrow. 🤐
    Onwards we go!

2nd post….

@fatrabbit……we love all our wild things that live in our yard. We have a turtle, we call George and big old frogs. But I want to tell you about this baby bunny, who fell in our pool. When we found her she was almost gone…. My Oh fished her out, I ran and got a towel. my Oh rub her, talked her and worked on her until she was breathing and strong enough to go off to find her family.
    The very next year, she had babies….. she brought each one of those babies to our door and waited for us to come out. We talked to her and her babies for a little while, she steered her babies away from the edge of the pool…. we still see her often, and she says clear away from the pool. And now we check quite often for babies in our pool…..
    I wish people would be more aware of other things that live around them….I’m a big advocate of rebuilding old building rather than building new….I would never build something new!

@bert1802 — terrific story of your rabbit! Yes, creatures are so fun to experience! That rabbit has quite a memory.

Day14 NZ FD Had our choir pot-luck Christmas dinner last night. Lots of fun. Lots of acts and songs. A really fun evening. Didn’t overindulge which is good.

Day 13 – Massachusetts – FD

The second FD of a B2B! Went surprisingly smooth. Scales didn’t move this morning when I checked but I feel great so I’m just going to keep going.

Holiday party tomorrow and then going out to see the new Star Wars movie! Hopefully I will be inspired by you all and retain some of my control…

Day 14/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Day 13 California NFD

I’m really late posting today. The Southern Hemisphere is already on Day 14! This morning’s weight was 59.9, just under the line. I did a fair amount of snaking today, but nothing really unhealthy. Tomorrow’s my regular FD so that should negate any damage I did today.

@bert1802, what a sweet story about the little bunnies. My OH used to fish mice out of the pool at our old house. He couldn’t stand to see them drown. We’ve had occasional raccoons where we live now.

@fatrabbit, I agree with your statement that psychological hunger is never satisfied and only keeps wanting more. I need to keep reminding myself of that.

A pair of size 4 jeans that I ordered arrived yesterday and fit perfectly. Yeah, they probably ran a little big but they haven’t been washed yet. I think the US size 4 is more like a size 8 or 10 in much of the rest of the world. They think if they make small sizes larger, people will buy more of them. I think they’re right. 😁

Betz28
    Day 3
    Massachusetts

I’m new to posting (haven’t had time to read up on it), but it feels like a wonderful, supportive community. This is only day, but I had a major achievement tonight…and I have to share. I went out to dinner and didn’t have wine. I cannot remember the last time I id that!! I had fasted on day 1, been perfect yesterday – dropped a pound – and just knew that one glass would lead to another followed by overeating.Even if I don’t lose weight tomorrow, I’d be thrilled not to have gained.

I enjoy everyone’s posta…particularlythe helpful hints you all pass along. Thank you!

Day 14, FD, Norway

Lol @flourbaby – i love reading these post where «something went wrong» like «I’m not superwoman», makes it all doable. We can’t be strict all the time, especially during December  I’m trying another FD today…also here in my office there will be tons of cookies, so it will be harder than usual, and I’m dreading the coming headache 

@quebecoise – good advice!! It’s the TV-time for me too, that makes me snack. We are in the middle of redecorating livingroom an kitchen, so for the moment NO WALLS…and no cookingtop… and no time for sitting in front of the tv.

@bert1802 – the rabbit in the pool-story made tears to my eyes…at the office  How beautiful, and such luck you found her in time!!

@betz28 – welcome to the posting-club 

*Pocket list of fasters today – feel free to add your name if you are fasting today:*

@pamie
    @maayyaa

Day 14, UK, FD
    2nd day of B2B. 76.0 kg this morning.

Day 14 UK FD

Can’t believe the month is half over already! It is going so fast.

I held onto that low from yesterday despite having three bowls of sweet potato curry last night. I might end up under ten stone at this rate, never thought that was in any way possible! I have a heavy days work to do and then plan on leftover curry and a salad for dinner, if I don’t go mad with the fruit that should squeak in under 800 calories. I need to drink more today. I think the fruit craving is partly thirst.

@bert1802 So lovely about saving the little rabbit 🙂 And fixing things rather than replacing is another thing we have in common. I always look for a way to repair and reuse. The rabbit hutches have now nearly all had replacement runs, rooves and floors instead of being replaced and the sheds are shored up with layers of plywood and covered in tarpaulin and insulation and are far stronger now than when they were first purchased. I am particularly proud of the tarp inside the barn roof that collects the leaks and funnels.it into a gutter to send it outside. That one has saved a fortune as it is an asbestos roof and would cost the earth to remove and replace. It now has two huge chunks of pine tree sitting on it though. Not sure what if anything to do about that as it will crack and leak even more if it gets walked on. We might just have to remove the parts hanging off the roof and leave the rest up there. The structure itself is strong as it was built from bricks and steel struts and enormous beams more like a warehouse than a barn really.

DAY 14, in France NFD

yesterday was FD and I was rigid with it, not even a nibble on my kids advent calendar choccy!

Its half way through and I have reached the half way point of my target for this months challenge so feeling awesome today at 79.4kg

Aim is not too overeat today, want to still feel this good tomorrow and day after

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.