December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,192 total)

• Day 17 UK NFD

Day 17, Newcastle, UK

So yesterday I had a good think to myself. What am I doing differently that seems to have stalled my progress – apart from the occasional blips and festive meals out?

Ah ha! That was a worthwhile exercise. I had cut out bread, potatoes, rice, pasta and crackers. However, the last month or so I have eaten all of those items regularly – including garlic bread, butter on my potatoes – and large portions of dried fruit and nuts – with my cheese – and crackers. Ok – back to reality and the regular eating regime that worked for my body. Get to goal first, then reintroduce heavier carbs IN MODERATION.

@michelinme – I see dried fruit, nuts & cheese featured in your old regime too. Thanks for the veggie recipes tip.
    Thanks for your encouraging words @emma Taylor. I will order that book.
    Love my Skechers too @songbirdme. How was the Nutcracker production?
    @mjrbcd44 – still didn’t get round to experimenting with my airfryer….. Tomorrow for sure. I was delighted to read that sweet potatoes can be counted as one of your five a day – whereas normal potatoes can’t. Beer is still preferable to wine IMHO.
    Welcome @diverdog. The great thing about this WOL is being able to experiment and go with what works for you. It’s so motivating to hear of other’s success stories – thanks for sharing.
    @leggit – I think it’s a case of calorie counting every day unfortunately. At least until you can confidently guesstimate calories. And good choices too of course.

Well it seems I had a little whoosh, so feeling a bit brighter about it all today. Thanks for your encouraging quotes @at. Hope your night out was splendid.

Finally, here’s a brilliant quote I read on the 5:2 Facebook group that I follow for the inspirational stories and photos.

“It’s not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that counts. It’s what you eat between new Year and Christmas.”

Day 17…..Florida……NFD

Yesterday, turned into a NFD. I’m going to blame all of the muffins I made yesterday. Then I Only was able to get half of my stuff done, so I’m up early this morning….. mind you not to get my stuff done….

So, since I’m up, going to head to the early mass!

@leggit…….To try and avoid going hog wild and over eating on my NFD, I approach the day as a mock FD. I skip breakfast, then as lunch approaches, I consider my options. I know if I eat to heavy at lunch, I wont be hungry for dinner, so I try to go light then if I want snacks, I eat them….Then dinner which I normally chose to be something higher in calories then I could eat on a FD.
    This is not fool proof…… some days my dragon gets out then all hell breaks lose!

Well, I’m making this short and sweet since I’m heading out the door!

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?
    He knows where all the bad girls live!

Day 17, London, UK, FD

I’m out for dinner tomorrow night, so I thought I would throw a FD in today or maybe an 800-1000cal CD…………… not sure yet!!!

@strawberriesandcream, it pains me to say it, but I don’t think there will ever be a place in my life for bread, potatoes, rice, pasta or crackers!!! I think the moderation button, with regards to refined carbs, was omitted from my DNA!!! I’ve tried, I really have, but just 1 ‘whatever’ leads to 10 or entire packets are consumed. Now I’ve realised that I CAN survive without these triggers, I know it isn’t a treat or a reward when I have them, it’s just the start of that cycle of feasting – bloating – fasting – withdrawal – feasting….. etc, etc, etc. I still have them when my brain tricks me & I never say never, but there are alternatives, and those are the ones I’ll explore ………… once I finally reach my “GOAL!” Of course there is NO alternative to a robust and fruity red, but that’s life!!!!

Stay controlled people as we enter the last week before the Xmas madness begins!!!!!

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

We have a Christmas party at our pastor’s house this afternoon, and I know cookies and hot chocolate will be on the spread. Hopefully I can manage just a little taste of something!

Onward and downward.

Day 17- Colorado USA – FD

I know it’s Sunday, typically a NFD or me, but WOW this girl needs a solid RESET. Immediately.

Firstly, I am declaring this is not a complaint, but I’ve knocked out an exhausting round of 7 holiday parties, a Christmas Tea, an a cappella concert & Cookie Baking Bash. It’s the most festivities attended for the holidays I’ve ever done. And surprisingly, I enjoyed it all with old friends, new friends & some pretty cool coworkers. (Thankfully, very few Captain Awkward appearances!)

Each party I managed to keep my alcohol to just ONE glass of wine 🍷 or one beer 🍺 only. Most days have been just 2-Meals or 16:8. So no weight gain! YAY! In fact, still a touch below my starting weight.
    KnowIng I’d eventually find time to make it back here to report in to my Fellow Fasters kept me somewhat iin line. 😃 With 2 weeks still left in December, there’s time to make a bit more progress.

Now I have 3 pages to catch up on in the forum. Looks like an excellent opportunity to hop on the treadmill for a good Read + Hike. That should help shake out the soreness from yesterday’s Squats & Deadlifts.

Did catch a glimpse of articles posted by @flourbaby – very interesting & useful 4 strategies. Thank you for sharing it.
    http://fatburningman.com/4-simple-strategies-to-burn-fat-after-a-binge/

One part that really spoke to me was:
    “If you indulge regularly, it’s not really indulging anymore – it’s just poor decision-making and a lack of commitment to success. Make great decisions the majority of the time and you’ll be able to afford the occasional hiccup.”

Day 17 Wisconsin USA NFD
    Hello everyone.

FD went well yesterday. Didn’t eat until evening, when I had baked cod with breadcrumbs and grilled vegetables. I’m baking for the holidays, and happy to report that I have not sampled a cookie (yet).

Goal for today is to eat mindfully. No particular activity slated for today. Too busy with home projects to get to the gym. The weather has warmed to the low 30’s, so maybe a walk later.

@bert1802 congratulations – you are an inspiration.
    @daffodil2010 good luck today. I think it’s harder to stick to a plan when we are tired.
    @diverdog and @busymummam welcome. This is a very good place to be.
    @at congratulations on a successful fd.
    @michelinme would love to know more about the adapted yoga and meditation that you mentioned in your post.
    @happymargo good luck with your reset
    @flourbaby and @strawberriesandcream agreed about carbs, which I also love. One serving always leads to another.

I’m missing comments to so many people, but truly I appreciate each and every post. Thank you to everyone here and good luck today.

Take care, Markie

Second Post
    Every year I give my yoga class participants a written meditation of some kind. This year I put 4 brief meditations together. I thought I would share them here in case someone is interested. I find them helpful in centering and re-focusing myself, especially during this season that can be a little crazy sometimes.

Little Meditations
    Brief moments of meditation can bring a sense of calm. Here are some meditations you might like:

Match your inhales and exhales
    Take a comfortable breath in to the count of 3, 4 or 5. The number isn’t important, as long as it is comfortable for you. Match that number on your exhale. Repeat for about a minute.

Count your breaths
    As you inhale a comfortable breath, silently think 1, exhale 2, inhale 3, exhale 4 … all the way to 10. Repeat three times.

Relax your body
    Rest your attention on parts of your body, moving from head to toe. As you notice each part, focus your attention there and consciously relax that part of you. In about a minute, you can focus on your scalp, eyes, cheeks, mouth, jaw, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, belly and legs.

Practice positive breathing
    As you exhale, choose to release any stress and anxiety you may feel. As you breathe in, make a choice to inhale peace, calm and joy into your body. Repeat for about a minute.

Take care, Markie

Day 17 – UK – NFD

Can’t believe it’s day 17! I swear the days in December have only 12 hours in them!!

Anyway sitting here with a coffee for a catch up with the motivators in my life…. lots of good work going on even if it is December – well done!

I managed my B2B fast days as planned on Thursday/Friday and then yesterday I fasted until I went out with friends so pretty pleased with myself…. that even included making some cute Chocolate Christmas Pudding Truffles for the party this evening – I only had the smallest of portions to check for flavour. I really, really can’t get over how this WOL seems to be changing the ‘stuff’ which goes on between my ears (in the past it has been filled with all manner of species of dragons) – I just seem so much more determined than before. I particularly love the way that on a NFD I don’t feel guilty.

I have fasted today until now when I decided going to the party with nothing on my stomach would be a pretty poor decision. I don’t do very well off alcohol so I am normally happy to be ‘designated driver’ but the walking shoes have already been put in the car for the ‘wander’ home later this evening!

FD tomorrow and a likely need to re-hydrate!

Day 17, South Wales, NFD

Thanks @strawberriesandcream for that great quote from the 5:2 facebook page – I think it’s worth sharing again as we come up to the Christmas party season:

“It’s not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that counts. It’s what you eat between New Year and Christmas.”

@markie99 – thanks for the meditations, really useful!

@flourbaby and @strawberriesandcream – I agree entirely on the carb issue, especially high GI carbs, always a total diet-buster for me. My husband now calls chips (french fries for those of you across the Atlantic) “evil carbs”. While helping himself to my portion with glee….!

Day 16 & 17 – NFD

Taking my BFF to the airport today – bittersweet. No FDs this week.

Day 17 Belfast NFD

I stepped off the no alcohol wagon last night and thoroughly enjoyed a few gins and a Chinese meal. Feeling a little jaded this morning! Everything in moderation? That’s the theory anyway. Now shutting the drink cupboard until next Friday, when the family arrive home.

@flourbaby congrats on your dip below 11st. I’m there with you, hovering just 1 lb below. We can do this!
    @songbirdme hope you enjoyed the Nutcracker. It’s one of my favourite ballets. The story in your post was lovely.
    @wordman88 thank you for your inspiring story and a truly amazing weight loss. I wish you every success in the rest of your journey towards good health.
    @Belfast Sink good luck on that new job application👍
    Welcome @busymummam. From a retired primary teacher, enjoy your long earned holiday and the healthy journey you’ve started.
    Welcome too @diverdog – you’re doing really well!
    @dykask – when you get that lovely soft cuddly baby you never expect the teenager that emerges! They’re like a different breed!
    @Strawberriesandcream – she’s already name Rosa and it suits her. I think we’ll keep that. We get her next week. I’m really excited. The best Christmas present ever.
    @bert1802 -Wise words. Thank you
    @at have a good Christmas party.
    @songbirdme – I have lived in Skechers since I retired. They’re nearly too comfy.
    @michelinme – the food suggestions on this forum changed my whole perception of eating. Lots of good and lots of very ‘naughty but nice’ treats from around the world. There is a lot of simple but delicious bread eaten here, like soda and wheaten bread made with buttermilk. Fruit soda is particularly nice toasted. Will you share the recipe for your breakfast loaf? It sound delicious.
    Thank you so much @markie99 for those little meditations. I’m working hard on my mindfulness at the moment so your post was very timely.
    Don’t be too sad @metatauta. I’m sure you’ve lots of memories to cherish.

I salute all those bakers who abstain from their wares. That’s the reason I don’t bake lol!

Up to now this month I’ve maintained my weight. Now a big push to reduce it by a pound or two before next weekend.

Stay strong everyone. We can do this!

Day 17, Gozo Malta, nfd

I didn’t post yesterday. I’m 1.5 kilos more dice I went to Sicily. Yesterday I ate three quarters of a pizza in the evening. Today it was Chinese food for lunch.

Tomorrow I have a dinner outing in the evening with the Eucharist community where I’m a member. Otherwise I’m fasting.

Onwards and downwards have a great evening/night everyone.

Day 17 – SW WA USA – NFD

On coffee duty this morning at church as we have the children’s Christmas program. So need to scoot. Will plan to make thoughtful choices as I enjoy the people…

I agree @debster251 – all those bakers w/o eating their wares. It’s not my strength. I just saw a Keto walnut ball recipe come across Facebook. I want to explore that. I want to have a couple of “acceptable” goodies available.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Day 17 – Massachusetts – nfd

Thanks all for the info on how you avoid binges. I think I have officially rid myself of any goodies that are not healthy, it’s just my roommates bake and cook and it’s sometimes hard to deny myself. But you guys are right – my goals are more important to me than food, and that food will be there after I am at my goal weight. I think I will calorie count my nfds from now on.

Monday starts a week of exercising and fasting before Christmas! And now that all the holiday parties are over, it should be a lot easier for me to avoid temptation. I’m going to do my best friends!

Enjoy your Sundays!

Day 17 California FTD

I have decided that any day my weight is above the 50’s, I will fast until dinner time. FTD. This morning I was at 60, after the 4 slices of pizza last night. And of course various other things during the day. No wine though! I think doing that will make me think twice about overeating. (I was at 59.6 yesterday.)

@markie99, thank you for the meditation suggestions. Very useful this time of year.

@debster251, this is certainly a good time to step off the no alcohol wagon with all the celebrating going on. I think moderation is the key.

HappyMargo, you are certainly popular this time of year! It sounds like fun!

Day 17 McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Day 16 – NFD
    Day 15 – NFD
    I didn’t realize it has been several days without a post. I miss checking in to see what my friends are up too. Such an interesting group.
    Our neighborhood party was a great success, but oh my, they brought hostess gifts of candy🍬, wine🍾, Christmas cookies🍪 lots of cheese and crackers left over too 🧀….and of course I’ve been indulging in it all. 🙁

@debster251 – How fun, a new puppy
    @songbirdme – Glad your Spanakopita was a success!!
    @bert1802 – For some reason I didn’t imagine you as a Dead Head, isn’t that funny!! Congrats on the new low!!
    @mjrbcd44 – Have fun in Seattle!!
    @anna6 – Your Sicilian food descriptions make my mouth water.
    @flourbaby – Good job on dipping below 11st.
    @daffodil2010 – Congrats on meeting December goal with lots of time to spare.
    @quebecoise – Brrrr ❄️
    @cornish-jane – Excellent results, so glad you hung in there with us.
    @wordman81 – Thank you for sharing your story, inspirational.
    @at – Yoga in a yurt sounds fantastic. Thank you for your kind words about not berating yourself, as that’s what I’ve been doing for 2 days now. It doesn’t help a bit but it’s hard to shut off.
    @michelinme – Your progress is impressive, good job!!
    @markie99 – Thank you for the meditations, I will try them.

Saw my sister today for the first time since last December. She commented on my new body shape and how she couldn’t remember me looking this slim since my teens. Considering I am 52, I’ll take that as a complement 😀

BigViking, how great is that! Friends and relatives can have a mixed reaction, some are very happy and supportive some are jealous. Sounds like your sister is very happy for you.

Day 16 NFD
    Day 17 NFD

I’m going to make 18 & 19 FD’s I’ve never done a water fast for more than 35 hours so I’m going to give it a go. 20th is my birthday and I want to indulge in some delicious cake.

Day 17 North Wales NFD
    Day 16 NFD

Day 17 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Had a brilliant Winter Solstice Yoga day today – we practiced some grounding and strengthening asana (Yoga postures). Set sankalpas (personal resolves) in a cleansing Yoga Nidra, ate a delicious light vegan lunch, listened to the rain whilst in our cosy yurt, connected to the elements, smudged one another with dried sage, set new intentions, practiced trataka (candle gazing) and opened out hearts to the idea of our intentions coming true. What a wonderful energy! @awilson – it was a brilliant experience 🧘‍♀️

@songbirdme @Strawberriesandcream @debster251 – Thank you – I did have a lovely time at the Christmas party and eventually wore a LBD and felt good in it too!
    @diverdog – Welcome – Like you I started fasting for the health benefits and also managed to drop some 22kg and have now been maintaining for just over a year. I love this WOL – it is so forgiving of any indulgences.
    @busymummam – Welcome to the December challenge
    @markie99 – Thank you for sharing some brief meditations 🧘‍♀️
    @bigviking – the comment from your sister must have made you feel good about your achievements over the past year 👍

Not sure if tomorrow or Tuesday will be my FD……..will see how things pan out tomorrow!

“The hard part isn’t getting your body in shape. The hard part is getting your mind in shape”

Day 17 UK NFD

Out for long long non-stop day today, including Christmas lunch with the refugee group. I ate the vegetarian option for the first course – probably the healthiest but not healthy – and got away with just eating the icecream in the second course and resisted all the chocolates and sweet drinks. Straight into reading at the Nine Lessons & Carols service – complicated by recording for radio broadcast – and to the pub to catch up with an old friend over a couple of beers. I’m estimating today at around 2000 calories – over tdee but not awful.

Not sure why i took a healthy packed lunch with me bc there was no time & it didn’t make it out of my bag from 9am to 9pm! And I didn’t drink enough water, and didn’t have space to think, so if the refugee group is going to become a regular commitment I need to find a way to build in breathing spaces to make it sustainable.

Feeling pretty bloated after the beer – unsurprisingly! – but happy that it’s an occasional treat and a great way to hang out & catch up with this particular friend. Glad that tomorrow is FD tho 🙂

@bigviking thank you for that explanation – it was so helpful & clear, it’s gone straight in! I feel forewarned and forearmed 🙂

@markie99 the adapted yoga i do is called LIM yoga – as in, Less is More. It was developed by a canadian for people with parkinsons or dystonia, but works pretty well for people with all sorts of neuro/neuromuscular as well as other conditions. I have her book and DVD, mostly use the warm ups slowly followed by gentle physio stretching/ strengthening work. I’ve been using this for about 4.5 years now and have made slow and steady progress in strength and balance. The meditation varies – I began with an Oprah/Deepak Chopra free course about 5 years ago and have developed a daily practice, using a mix of contemplative prayer, buddhist meditation and mindfulness. I’ve become so much calmer, grounded and less anxious over the time, and if i miss a day or two I really feel it!

@debster251 the breakfast loaf was a really simple experiment, but smelled good – i don’t know how it tastes cos I gave it all to my daughter! But the recipe is:

200g porridge oats – half whizzed into flour with handblender
    2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    3 tablespoons seeds – mix of linseed, sunflower seed and mixed seeds
    2 tablespoons raisins
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ginger
    200g low fat greek yogurt
    Mix dry ingredients together then add in the yogurt & stir. Makes a slightly sticky dough. Once it’s coming together I gently knead it to make into a ball, only a couple of turns. Put on baking parchment on a baking tray. Flattened the ball, cut a big cross in the top, topped with another couple of tsps of seeds – just to look lovely.

Preheated oven to 160C (I have a fan oven, so 180C non-fan oven). Put the loaf in on low shelf for 40 minutes, keeping an eye on it after 30 mins just in case. I tested it by lifting and tapping the bottom, listening out for hollow sound.

Tips: Important to get it into the oven within 15 mins of mixing it, while the baking soda is still doing its thing. Last week’s loaf a bit took longer, and in fact I put it back in the oven after trying a slice because it wasn’t quite done – it’s quite a sticky dough so makes a dense loaf).

i think a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup would make it into a lovely sweet loaf, but I’m hoping this will be a tasty & healthy breakfast for my DD in her v busy week. I’ve made a slightly bigger version without the spices or raisins, and that’ll be my loaf for the week. I can really imagine trying this with different flours and spices to keep it interesting and tasty 🙂

Day 18 – Japan – FD 82.7kg

Been busy but I’m noticing the fasting more than normal.

Day 18, Germany, FD
    (day 17, NFD, don’t remember whether I posted yesterday…)
    I have difficulties with my miracle morning at the moment – just feel like sleeping, sleeping, sleeping…
    Nobody answered my question regarding alcohol free January, so I am asking again : is there a separate discussion forum every month for those not drinking? If yes, where do I find it? Thanks!
    Have a great FD all my fellow fasters today!

Day 14, 15, 16, 17 NFD/ Day 18/NFD/Melbourne Australia

@miraclelou Just sign onto the January Challenge when it opens at the end of December. Invite people to join you for dry January. There isn’t a separate forum. Those wishing to support each other to stay dry do so on this forum – eg pocket winos or dry Januarians if there’s such a word!

Day 18 -Ireland 🇮🇪 FD

It’s the 18th of December already!
    So, after a weekend of working, partying, drinking, snacking…..up 3 pounds. Hey ho. RESET and into my first FD of the week. Looking forward to it.

@markie99 thanks for the good wishes and you are right, when you are tired it seems good choices don’t get made.

So yesterday I snacked on crisps, pate, crackers, there was garlic bread, oh dear, just remembered a yummy ginger and Seville orange pudding 😱 Not to mention the wine 😨

Off to work now with oxo cubes, homemade lentil soup, and have already drank 1.5 litres of water. Will flush out those pounds.

Remember….. When a pleasure becomes a habit, it ceases to be a pleasure. …..
    So I will step away from the treats until next weekend.

Day 18 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD.
    Going to do B2B FD Mon & Tue then a steady build up to Christmas. Panto and a meal with two granddaughter’s and the wife on Wednesday. Thurs off to see It’s a Wonderful Life at the Tyneside Cinema with the wife,one of or favourite Christmas films. Never seen it on the big screen before.
    Forgot to post on Sunday. Feel like I’m treading water until January.

DAY 18 FRANCE NFD. had FD yesterday and slowly but surely another 100g are off so am still on target for the end of the month.

Xmas depending <LOL>

Day 18, UK, FD

76.7kg, which is the lowest Monday weigh-in fr the tracker n this journey! The w/e was reasonably controlled. And some of the gain might be water retention, affected by a couple of flights during the w/e. Now for a B2B before the Xmas excess starts. Would love to usher in a new low before Xmas!

Day 18 UK NFD

Not very happy with myself for giving in to temptation both with eating too much and spending too much and for not getting things done when I ought to. The long dark nights are not helping. Moaning won’t either. I need to get up and get active…

Day 18, Belfast, FD
    Day 17, 16, NFDs

I have such a sore neck – I know this is stress related, with Christmas looming. Yoga has finished for the Xmas hols so will try some gentle poses this evening when I get home.
    My mum usually delivers Christmas dinner with some help form us kids. But this year, she’s been in hospital and isnt 100% at all. I’m trying to delegate jobs, but with 17 people for dinner (big family, 6 of us kids…) I’m feeling her stress. Which is making me stressed. Hence the sore neck. @markie99 – I’ll try some of your short meditations…thnask for those.

Started a pocket list for today – hope I got everyone so far

***DAY 18 POCKET LIST***
    If you’d like to join just copy, paste and add your name

@dykask
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @bigviking
    @belfastsink

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!x

Day 18 UK NFD

Not posted for a while as struggling to keep to the routine. I’ve had another cold over the last week, making it two since we came back from holiday at the end of November. So been feeling very sorry for myself and craving comfort foods. I keep reading the posts on here to find support, and to keep me mindful even though I might not be doing as much as I should. I know I’ll be back on that wagon after Christmas 🎄.

I’ve stuck with no breakfast and a couple of fast days of around 650 cals each. After that I’m just trying to stay within TDEE. I’m in awe of those that are still losing weight at this time of year and all of you busy cooking for friends/families etc and resisting temptation are great.

Happy Monday everyone.

Day 18, Newcastle, FD

@flourbaby – did you see @michelenme’s bread recipe?!!! Looks FANTASTIC! Have you gone as far as working out the calories for the entire loaf @michelenme? Thanks for sharing 🙂
    Thank you for the meditations @markie99 – I’d forgotten how good it feels.
    @miraclelou – there are a number of us with holidays in January, and Dry January will definitely be part of my preparations – at least until the 26th. How about a joint Dry January/Holiday Prep pocket list?
    @metatauta – I hope you had the most wonderful time with your friend xx
    Looking forward to hearing how Rosa settles in @debster251. Nothing like a Collie cuddle!
    @bigviking – what a lovely sister to comment on your hard earned new figure. Bet you feel rightly chuffed.
    @emma Taylor – I ordered the book yesterday – along with two more veggie cookery books.
    Loved that last quote @at – so true.

“I” is the only difference between FIT and FAT.

Day 18 – Melbourne – NFD
    Well, it was a FD until around 3pm when the choc chip cookie stash called much louder than usual. I kept my dinner low cal, so I supposed it’s just turned into a low cal day. Tomorrow I can start again at planning a few small meals instead of one big one. I was trying to fast for too long, too early. Clearly I’m not ready yet.

Thanks again for the welcome messages!

It’s getting serious now! Managed to wrap almost all the kids presents and hide them under the bed. This year Christmas Eve will be spent assembling two bikes, a slide and a doll house. Such fun….

@belfastsink what’s a pocket list?

Day 18, London, UK, NFD

I’m planning to fast right through to tonight’s meal out to celebrate my friends B’day. I think it’ll make for a guilt free evening, providing I keep some control around the vino!!!

@michelinme, thanks for the recipe, @debster251 beat me to the recipe request, I’m collecting alternative recipes for when I’m at goal weight, and a dense loaf is right up my alley!!!!!

@strawberriesandcream, I’m all over that recipe!!!! putting it in my book of things to try……. eventually!!

@bigviking, did your sisters’ jaw actually drop??!!! I’m sure you got such a confidence boost. Looking in the mirror everyday sometimes doesn’t ‘show’ the complete picture, I’ve lost 3 dress sizes, but I only see it in photo’s, which I’m used to avoiding like the plague!!!!!

@belfastsink, try not to stress too much, you can only do so much, and if the others don’t step up……. So be it, also it’s no good for weight loss!!!!

Remember people………….…… XMAS IS ONLY 1 DAY!!!!!! Try not to – remortgage the house for presents, purchase enough food to sustain a small nation nor eat enough to actually cause physical pain!!!!!

Day 18 North Wales FD

Today will probably be my last FD until the new year. I am going away to family on Thursday until New Years Eve. I will do my best to stick to small portions.

Together we are stronger 💪💪💪. Onwards and Downwards.

Day 18 Wisconsin USA FD
    Not an awful NFD yesterday but not the best. I’ll just say glad I’ll be done baking soon.

Goals today are completing a successful FD and logging enough activity (teaching classes at the Y and 5 miles on the bike).

To everyone who mentioned the meditations, so glad you enjoyed them.

Good luck to everyone today. Take care, Markie

Day 18 UK FD

Weight up this morning, back to 79.5kg – still down 1.5kg this month but up from my low of 78.5 on Saturday! Unsuprising after yesterday’s Christmas lunch and pint & a half of bitter – not to mention the 2 litres of water I drank overnight! – but a useful motivation for today’s FD.

Strangely I’ve already noticed that my face looks slimmer and my stomach is less puffy/ distended, helping me to feel more energised and motivated to make a sustained effort to make this into a WOL. And I can’t believe how much better my head feels – I’ve lost the big downer I had in the first couple of weeks and can feel an emerging self-confidence that’s been missing for a while. Something fundamental has shifted, and I’ve no idea what’s happening but I’m going with it. I feel as tho I’ve been given the key to a different future – very strange!

@strawberriesandcream @flourbaby glad you like the recipe! I’d forgotten how much I really enjoy experimenting with food and creating things that work for me – another unexpected gift of this WOL.

Calories – with a tablespoon of honey (bc I think I would use it next time!) it works out as c1400 calories for a c450g loaf, or rougly 311cal/100g. I made a bigger plain savoury version for myself – without the raisins & spices – which worked out as 2000 calories for a 800g loaf, or 250cal/100g. It’s SO seedy that I’m sure the protein/carb balance has to be quite a bit higher than commercial breads. And it’s so filling that I don’t eat much of it on a NFD, but it’s nice to have it in my diet as I’m not eating pasta, potatoes etc.

***DAY 18 POCKET LIST***

@dykask
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @bigviking
    @belfastsink
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @michelinme

Day 18 second post

***DAY 18 POCKET LIST***

@dykask
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @bigviking
    @belfastsink
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @markie99
    @michelinme

Day 18 Wales FD

Hi everyone, returned home from holiday carrying an extra 5 pounds which could have been worse considering 17 holiday NFDs and wine everyday. Feeling sorry for myself today as I’ve woken with a heavy cold, not a happy bunny as l’d hoped the holiday would be rejuvenating!!!!! I had planned to get back to normal Monday and Thursday FDs this week. Today is easy so far as my throat is too sore to swallow and I just want to sleep. Hope you are all doing good in the party season, haven’t managed to catch up with posts but will log on daily again until Christmas to get my fuzzy head back in the fasting mindset.

Day 18 USA (Illinois) – FD

I need a good FD today. My NFD’s haven’t been the smartest with indulgences that I don’t normally eat. Also have my annual physical today. Will drink lots of water and miso soup. Maintenance is good except for those 6 NFD’s. Ha ha!

@steve-toon-taxi-driver – How wonderful you’ve gotten to see “Wonderful Life” in the theater! Our town does film festivals hosted by two of our local history teachers who research fascinating information about them where we watch ‘old’ movies on the big screen. It’s always so worthwhile.

@missybear and @saffy420 – so sorry you’re not feeling well. Colds can just be so annoying! Hope they move along quickly.

POCKET LIST – a list of fasters for a day that goes back about 18 months where a list was composed of fasters for the day and placed in your pocket for support. I believe it actually was meant to be the B2B fasters who were going to the next level and wanted additional support.

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – UK – FD

Thrilled that following my Prague visit the B2B FDs have done the business and I weighed in this morning another 2lbs down!

I should be on top of the world but unfortunately too much alcohol at last night’s party is taking its toll today – I feel dreadful.

My FD may not be too much of a trial as I currently can’t face anything to eat. I’m drinking lots of water to try to flush out the nausea! Silly old sod – don’t learn!

Day 18 – Cumbria UK – FD

Yesterday evening went a bit haywire when friends dropped by – nibbles and 🥂before going out for a pizza and 🍷 – need I say more……

Anyway a FD is called for today as I woke up still feeling full – will try and keep busy and drink plenty of water so I will add myself to the Pocket list started by @belfastsink – thank you for getting one going x

It seems to have been a bit quiet on the forum this week – hope everyone is looking after themselves during this busy festive season – a little bit of self love goes a long way

@michelinme – your breakfast loaf sounds heathy and yummy. As you say it could easily be adapted with various types of flour and spices, we make one using spelt flour which many gluten intolerant people can eat.
    @onahealthyhigh and @miraclelou – As a pocket wino I like the idea of a “Dry Januarians” sub group in our January challenge 😉
    @daffodil2010 – very wise words indeed “When a pleasure becomes a habit, it ceases to be a pleasure”
    @fatrabbit – don’t chastise yourself – stay strong and positive and remember how far you have come 🤗
    @belfastsink – look at this youtube link for yoga for neck and shoulder relief:-🧘‍♀️ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SedzswEwpPw
    @saffy420 – Hello nice to hear from you – sounds like you also need some self love – take care x
    @busymummam – hello a pocket list is a group of the people fasting on any given day across the globe, the idea is that you keep the list in your pocket for support during the day if you feel like you are wavering, hence our motto of “Together we are stronger” e.g when that cookie stash was calling your name you could mentally recall that pocket list to strengthen your resolve 🤗 Originally it was meant to be the B2B fasters who were going to the next level and wanted additional support.
    @flourbaby – love your reminder that Christmas is only 1 day and that we should try to leave all the consumerism out of it
    @molij – have a lovely break with your family
    @missybear – hope you feel better soon – I’m adding you to our pocket list for moral support – drink plenty of water – hot water with some lemon is good
    @songbirdme and @toddybear – I’m adding you to the pocket list to help you stay focused today🤗
    @happymargo – hope your FD yesterday was successful x
    @biddiev – hope all is good with you x
    @back2thefuture – Hoping your daughter’s recuperation is going as expected and that you are keeping well too x

I hope that some of our fellow previous challengers that we have not heard from for a while are all doing OK – if you are reading the posts we are thinking of you all @coda @brightonbelle @lynzm @okeydokey @lindasue @penz @liathanail @in-it-to-thin-it @pashaw @redrockgirl302 @snowflake56 @lilymartin and any one else I have missed out 🤗
    @steffieagle – hope your December maintenance month is going well
    @quebecoise – hope you have not frozen solid – last we heard you said it was -31 considering the windchill factor!!!!
    @bellyblast – if you are lurking in the background – hope your health issues are resolving and nothing too serious x

***DAY 18 POCKET LIST***

@dykask
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @bigviking
    @belfastsink
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @markie99
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @songbirdme
    @toddybear
    @at

TWO weeks left of this challenge…….REALLY!!!!
    ONE WEEK before the Christmas weekend so still time for one last push before the indulgences of the long weekend – we can do this!

Anyone out there willing to put their hand up to host the JANUARY CHALLENGE???? It is a rewarding role and certainly helps keep you motivated and focused……….

“Even if you can’t physically see the results in front of you, every single effort is changing your body from the inside. NEVER GET DISCOURAGED”

@songbirdme.
    I’ve never been to the Tyneside Cinema before but I know it does a lot of old movies all the way through the year which are still very popular. It shows modern stuff too Star Wars is on at the moment the latest edition. Off to the Theatre Royal first on Wednesday I’ve been doing that for 9 years with the granddaughters I don’t think Americans do panto do they ? We love it.

Day 18, Gozo Malta, cd

Awilson I’m back for a weeks holiday on the 28 December to Sicily. This time we’re traveling to Taormina and Messina by car and my youngest daughter, her husband and her almost two year old son plus our fifteen year old son will be traveling with us. So more good Sicilian food!

Today I ate some left over Chinese food and this evening I’m going out with the Eucharist community I attend.

Tomorrow will be a fast day.

Have a great evening/day everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 18 Belfast FD

The family are descending on Thursday for two days so doing lots of preparation now for their visit.
    I was back in school for their carol service today. It’s only the second time I’ve been back in two years I got lots of compliments about my weight loss. No regrets about retiring. Its hard to believe I was a part of that rat race two years ago.

@at – your yoga sounds blissful and yet another motivational quote. Thank you for the neck link. It’s just what I need.
    @bigviking – I bet you feel good with that compliment.
    @michelinme – thanks for the recipe. I’m going to try that tomorrow.
    @miraclelou/Onahealthyhigh- I’m thinking you’ll get a long list for Dry January! Me, for one…
    @belfastsink – don’t we put ourselves under so much stress over Christmas? Once it’s here though you’ll love it. A few Yoga stretches in the morning might help.
    @Strawberriesandcream – I was hoping for Rosa’s arrival before Christmas but we’re not sure if that’ll happen now. I’ll keep you updated.

@flourbaby – too true. We expect everything to be perfect for that day and jump through hoops to get there. You wake up on Boxing Day, and it’s all over till next time.
    @SteveToonTaxiDriver – you can’t beat a good panto!

Thank you for the pocket list Belfast Sink

***DAY 18 POCKET LIST***
    @dykask
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @bigviking
    @belfastsink
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @markie99
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @songbirdme
    @toddybear
    @at
    @debster251

Many of us are suffering the winter colds and coughs. Take care of yourselves during this busy time.

Remember @at’s quote:
    “Weight loss is like driving: If you ever veer off the road, just make a U-Turn and head back in the right direction”

Dear cyber friend @at I’m fine but not doing 5:2 or even 16:8 at the moment. My weight got down to 50.6 kg, way too low, way too thin. Have to get my weight up to 56 kg to look better and fit in my clothes again (no breasts, hips and butt, too much loose skin everywhere). I have to print out the files for the patients, about halfway through now and already filled 26000 sheets of paper. Stressful times and an emotional rollercoaster. We’re glad it will be over in March. I miss being on the thread but just have no time to react on the posts, but I’ll be back! Hugs xxx

Take care everyone!

Day 18 FD Las Vegas NV USA

Wow, it’s great to see so many people sharing for accountability! I’m on day one of my first B2B water fast. I ate last at 17:00 Sunday evening. My FD is usually a 35 hour water fast. I have done five days in a row with <600 calories a couple of times before.

I’ll be hitting the gym today to do a HIIT on the spin bike to deplete my glycogen stores to ramp up fat burning.

Wednesday is my birthday and I’m sure I’ll have a rather generous dinner with a liberal amount of wine so I want to get a head start with a great fast.

2nd post

@mjrbcd44 – I’m delighted to report that my air fryer is a resounding success. If I only ever use it to make sweet potato fries then it has been worth every penny. I feel fast days have just got a whole lot easier.

Thanks for your bread calorie info @michelinme.

Day 18 McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    I’m in dire need of a FD. Got rid of all the miscellaneous leftovers from the party and cleaned out the pantry and refrigerator of all dragon inducing foods. That’s a good start!!

@bigviking – Good feedback from someone who hasn’t seen you for awhile. I think we loose sight of how much progress is made.
    @michelinme – Sounds like you had a very full and satisfying day.
    @miraclelou – I’m considering joining you in the dry Januarians.
    @belfastsink – Wow 17 for dinner is a handful, glad you are asking your sibs to help out.
    @molij – Have fun and stay strong!!
    @toddybear – Good job loosing while on vacation, sorry about the sore head. 😨
    @saffy420 & @MissyBear- Hope you are feeling better soon. Sending you both (((((hugs)))))
    @anna6 – How fun!! What a great experience for the younger ones. That’s how wonderful family memories are made.
    @SteveToonTaxiDriver – What is a panto?

***DAY 18 POCKET LIST***
    @dykask
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @bigviking
    @belfastsink
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @markie99
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @songbirdme
    @toddybear
    @at
    @debster251
    @awilson

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.