December 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
December 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,190 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  Maayyaa 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,192 total)

• Second post

Forgot about commenting on your lovely posts, too busy thinking only of me and it’s not the season for that!

@happymargo I really enjoyed reading your stress post (but not the fact that you are stressed, lol)! I think we all have periods of time where there is just too much going on and we don’t want to cut back for fear of losing progress but we need to so that we take care of ourselves. Seeing examples of how other people cope is really motivating and emphasizes we are doing this for the long term!
    @metatauta – sorry about your friend but it sounds like she’s doing great despite it all. I hope you have a great time hosting her.
    @cornish-jane You’ve really lost a lot of weight – congrats!
    @michelinme sounds like you got a great plan going. I’m glad you are feeling better.
    @bert1802 I’m also glad you are feeling better! Your posts always crack me up, i’m looking forward to more of them!

For all those getting snow, I hope you enjoy it! We may get snow this weekend too!

I just joined (anyone else from the USA?:)
    I’m trying the first FD on Monday – just not sure what to eat to keep me from feeling starved. Help, please?! Not sure what the pocket list is…thanks so much!

Day 8 – SW WA USA – FD

Going to throw in a fast day today in amidst the celebrating. We did have a wonderful celebration & feasting with the adult class last night. Some wonderful dishes and award winning, in my opinion, presentations of tasty cakes… I stayed on liquid for most of the day.

This is crunch time at my teaching job right now, so behind on posts. Just read a few and it’s off to work – have my last formal observation today & an ELL pre-referral mtg with another mtg to prepare for, for Monday before I finish today.

Glad we’re together because it makes us stronger!

Day 8, NFD, US

Had a OMAD yesterday, but that one meal was half a pitcher of beer and half a pizza!

Some good posts to catch up on. I was feeling your despair @happymargo, but really you should be so proud of yourself for still dropping pounds despite everything. Great news!

Day 8 – Colorado USA – NFD (3rd post)

@betz28 – Welcome aboard.
    If you go back thru pages 8 & 9 of this thread you’ll see where several people have sent personal welcomes to you already & also offered some good advice, as well as a link to loads of information from @simcoeluv for newbies. Go take a peak! You’ll find it very helpful.

You’ll also notice that we start our posts with:
    the Day of the month – your location – and if it’s a Fast Day or NonFast Day
    (look at the start of my post to make it clear)

You’ll easily see that not only are there plenty of USA posters, but a really cool international group.

2nd post,

@happymargo, your post came a little after I posted ………” To those struggling, it might be worth sticking to basic 5:2, leave the B2B2Bs and LFDs for another day!!!!” …………….. we all know just how GREAT we are at fooling ourselves (No, really, I’m just big-boned!!!; ………………..a size 12 in THIS shop is really a size 14 in the rest of the universe, no wonder I can’t get it over my left calf!!!! ……………………………That cake says 6 portions, but I KNOW it’s only 3!!!!)
    But, for you there have been some REAL pat on the back moments, remember to be gentle with yourself…………. After all – the wallflower is slowly blooming; …………………you ARE the queen of the steep incline treadmill!!!!!; ………………….you’re dealing with Crohn’s Disease!!!!!!!; ……………………..you’ve JUST had surgery, yes SURGERY!!!; …………you’re cranky (no offence) OH is FINALLY, FINALLY on-board!!…………….. and you still manage to support and advise and encourage us all during these challenges………………………. You know you’re an inspiration to lots of us who’ve only had to contend with falling face first (or is that just me??) into a pack of biscuits, right; RIGHT??????

Remember Fun = a very Happy Margo!!! Be kind to yourself!!!

Here you go @betz28
    Hope this link helps you!

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

@flourbaby – haha! LOL! I always ❤️ your posts! You have such a tway with words. Funny, brassy yet sweet and down-to-earth… like one of my sisters or best girlfriends telling me “what’s what!”

Thank you for your “gentle” reminders! Seriously, so much appreciated from all you terrific people!

Day 8 FD Oregon USA

This month has started off really rough after feeling so good at the end of November.
    I am feeling heavy-hearted all the time. Not sure of all the why’s…but I know that it doesn’t help my eating (or drinking) patterns.

Always encouraged too by the long-timers and seeing the ups and downs– as @happymargo said @bert, @fatrabbit, @onahealthyhigh, @at, @songbirdme, @bigviking (and MANY others) are my heroes!

Adding myself to the pocket list today–I need you all ( A LOT)

today’s pocket list:

@miraclelou
    @maayyaa
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802
    @blissfulforever
    @michelinme
    @leggit
    @metatauta
    @mjrbcd44

May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less.

Hi @strawberriesand cream. I’m still not drinking, even tho we are still in Paris and my OH is drinking lots of red wine, and for some unknown reason, cocktails, which he doesn’t usually touch. Anyway, I’ve discovered Heineken 00 which is a really nice fake beer, and it makes things much easier. I’ve just retired so at least I don’t have to go to work Christmas parties, and my other ones are at lunchtime so easier to control. FDays are not happening, but I’m trying to wait until about 4 before I eat, and keeping my fingers crossed.
    Saw a neat saying in Paris yesterday – ‘A calm sea never made a good sailor’. Very true. As if I know anything about sailing….

Day 8 California NFD

Down only 300 grams after my FD yesterday. But at least it’s in the right direction. 59.8 kg, or 131.8 lbs this morning. I need to be mindful of my eating this weekend and not undo all the work so far. Dinner with friends on Sunday so I need to make good choices. I like feeling thin!

Day 8, Germany, FD
    I survived this day!!! I even managed to do my FD despite the big lack of sleep.
    Made some bad food choices though (leftover bread of my kids was my “meal” today…)
    @happymargo it sounds very sound to go back to basic 5:2 … isn t that the great thing about this way of life? That we may have certain things the next day! I know exacly what you mean, I also have many nos, no sugar for example and no snacking in between meals. But since I started 5:2 I don’t beat myself up so much anymore if I break one of my nos on a NFD.
    Remember: We have this wonderful RESET button
    Love to everyone and a good weekend!!!

Day 8 – Ireland -NFD
    Successful B2B last two days so relaxed today. Broke fast at 11.30 with some scrambled eggs and a couple of those brown scones. Haven’t had a chance to read the posts so will catch up with them over the weekend.
    Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 8, Quebec, CD

Sorry I doidn’t post yesterday I caught a bad bronchitis virus and was extremely busy coughing. I read in the newspaper that this virus is presently more widespread than flue Around here. One morning I got up feeling like if a truck had ran on my body, sooooooo tired and feeling bad. I slept a lot for 2 days then I started coughing and the cough goes on. I have 2 kinds of pumps and should rest a lot because my body is batteling with this intruder. The good news is that I’m not very hungry !

@strawberriesandcream
    Yes partner, I’m still in here with you. This morning I was down at 134,6 and very happy about that.
    In fact when I was offered a glass of wine yesterday I spontaniously had a little tought at our deal and it helped me refrain. Thank you my dear

I saw a super interesting short video on the CNN app. In the health section. It’s a doctor giving ideas to help change habits ( for instance eating ice cream every night ). Tricks could be to eat with our left hand if wére used with our right hand. But he explains so much better than me. I recommend you go watch this. ( i hope that the link works…. if not, I guess you could search for “How to hit your brain’s kill switch ” either on CNN or Google. Extremely instructive for me.

How to hit your brain’s ‘kill switch’
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/health/how-to-stop-study/index.html

Day 8 – Iceland – CD

@quebecoise – Thank you for the link to this interesting video. I am trying to change my old, old habit of eating chocolate every day and only allowing it once a week instead, need every possible trick to keep at it 😀

1.5kg down since last Friday. So far this WOL seems almost too good to be true, but I am not celebrating just yet, there is still plenty left and the big bad plateau is very probably waiting for me just around the corner…

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 8 North Wales NFD

Good control day. No snow here so far. Thank goodness. Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 7 Sarasota, Florida FD Successful FD today and a good lap swim.
    Day 8 Accidental CD today. We were going to the movies (with buttered popcorn) but the plan fell through. With fish, vegetables, and salad for dinner I’m in the 600 calorie range. I’ll take it!

Day 8 – USA – NFD

Yesterday’s FD turned into a CD due to a change in plans (too many of those lately!!) but today’s NFD has gone well.

Activity has been ok, but haven’t biked as planned for two days now. I did teach three classes today. The Gentle Yoga class that I teach is a mat yoga class that is somewhat less energetic than a conventional hatha yoga class, but still challenging. I also taught two senior yoga classes that focus on breathing, flexibility, strength and balance and allows participants to use a chair for parts of the class.

Although the scale has not gone down in a couple of days, it hasn’t gone up either. I will keep on keeping on. Hope that everyone had a successful day 8. Later tonight I hope to read through the many posts I have missed.

Take care, Markie

Day 8 Beutiful Mexico
    FD
    Made it through my second fast day for the week, really hoping the scales reward me! The day wasn’t too bad until the afternoon when I started looking at dessert recipes on Pinterest, Now that was torture! Should probably find other things to do…
    I have been reading the posts and there were a few of you who said you were feeling sad and depressed. I too have had days where I felt quite down So many things can trigger those feelings but I’m wondering if those emotions are surfacing more because we can’t stuff our feelings down with food?
    Food for thought.. sorry for the terrible pun! As others have said, be kind to yourself.
    Cheers

Day 9 – Japan – NFD 81.1 kg

The FD yesterday was easy. However I haven’t worked out yet today and it is getting late. I’ve been working on a program too much. I actually have it working, but it isn’t that well behaved yet. Playing with cryptocurrency. (A pretty hot market place right now.) I’ve actually written three miners, but I’m only running one of them now. The game keeps changing.

Day 9/16:8 CD/Melbourne Australia

Looking forward to a nice cuppa, feet up and catching up on posts.

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD
    December Goal: 137lbs
    Current weight: 136lbs ☺️

WOW. It’s all I can say. Don’t know what I am doing right this week, but this mornings official weigh in after a less than 900 calorie CD has me another pound down. I have broken December goal already (albeit the goal was a modest 2lb loss taking into account party season).

BUT, the best bit for me was updating my weight loss app and seeing that my BMI has moved to 24.9 and in the NORMAL range at last!!! 💃💃💃

I was so happy that time I moved from obese to overweight on the BMI scale, but this new reading has made me very VERY happy. Also, last night I was digging out swimwear for my spa trip and realised I only had two sizes. UK size 16 and size 10 …..size 16 was swimming on me (pardon the pun). With trepidation I tried on my size 10’s (bought years ago after Dukan Diet weight loss)….and they fit!!!!!

Next thing I am trying on loads of size 10’s in my wardrobe that have been hanging forlornly the past few years. While some dresses and tops are still quite snug, lots of smart trousers and skinny jeans now fit again 💃💃💃

Such a happy feeling today. Off I go to work until mid afternoon, will just have a boiled egg and ham for break……but then there are plans tonight for wine, roast beef, maybe cheese and onion crisps with Guinness……and tomorrow off to the spa with the girls. Undoubtedly Tuesday weight will be up a few pounds, but don’t care, this WOL will help me shift it by next weekend!!

If I could bottle this feeling and spray it around….☺️

Sorry for looooong post and blathering on about me, me, me
    Thanks all who commented on recent posts @debster251, @awilson, @Metautata, @ strawberriesandcream, and sorry if I have forgotten any.

Love ya’ll 🤗

Day 9 UK NFD

Yesterday was better controlled than recent days especially considering I had more free time so I am pleased with that. I didn’t make any videos because my hands were so painful by the time I had let all the rabbits out that I really didn’t want to stay outside on the one day I didn’t have to. It was much nicer watching the snow through the window. Today I have to be out there in it. It would be better if it was drier but it isn’t cold enough. It is too damp for comfort just above freezing. But at least the bowls haven’t frozen yet. Swings and roundabouts.. But the rabbits had fun. There wasn’t a patch in their runs last night that hadn’t been trampled or dug or eaten. Little footprints everywhere! Even the really old ones were scampering about like mad. More snow is forecast tomorrow so they will have another opportunity.

Congrats on reaching a healthy BMI Daffodil :))

@metatuta I lived in Wisconsin for six years.

Day 9, UK, NFD
    78.3kg this morning. Same weight as Monday, so 3 FDs and 2 NFDs cancel each other out in my world. Looking at the calories expended this week, I am not sure this makes sense. However, I sense a different approach to maintenance is required soon , or I’ll see the dreaded 80s again.

Day 9 Ireland NFD
    Morning all! Had a nice half-hour catching up with all your posts, accompanied by beautiful music. Thanks @at and @songbirdme.
    Congrats to my compatriot Daffodil! Hope to join you on that healthy platform in the next few months.
    Interesting video Québécoise. Will try eating dark chocolate with my left hand!
    Hold tough BigViking. The scales rarely want to be our friend and fat cells love to hold onto water as long as possible ( and keep us confused!). Trust in the process and that whoosh will come!!

Day 9, London, UK, NFD.

@penz, sounds like a balanced and nutritious meal to me, it’s just missing the slice of cake to finish!!!!!

@daffodil2010, sometimes those numbers on the scale, that we focus on, aren’t the most important ones!!! Congrats on the healthy BMI, maybe I’ll focus on BMI and measurements for 2018!!!

This weekend will be my lesson in staying controlled, I’m great at controlling dragons at work, but I have to be soooooo mindful on my days off; with 2weeks off at Xmas I need to get my strategy in place NOW!!!! I’m out for a meal this evening, and I’m thinking of sidelining my ‘no booze ‘til the 22nd’ rule, just for 1 evening (practice??) I hate the idea that I can’t have a good night without it even though I’ve done so many dry month challenges. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

Stay strong everyone, drown some dragons today!!!

Day 9 BelfastNFD

Confession time – yesterday was a sugar fest, a real EFS which I really didn’t need. 😢 So, @happymargo I’m with you on going back to the basic 5:2. I’ve been using B2Bs as a means to redress my overindulgence at weekends, so from this morning, I’m back to counting calories on NFDs and Monday and Thursday as FDs. Just like when I started. 👍
    And of course, kill that sugar dragon.🗡🐉 that’s clearly why I’m a tortoise!
    @cornish-jane well done on despatching those pounds. That plateau will soon shift.
    @metatauta -your story about your friend is such a sad one. I hope you enjoy every moment of her visit.
    Glad you’ve got your priorities right @big Viking! Wine over mince pies.. no contest!
    @EmmaTaylor I’m sooo impressed at your resolve on holiday. Go you!
    @quebecoise – get well soon. Thanks for the timely link. I’ve bookmarked it to remind myself.

Hoping to catch myself on and have 2 sensible weeks before the Christmas weekend. No booze has passed my lips so far this month, so Dry till the 22nd and no sugar till then too. There, I’ve said it.

Remember @fatrabbit’s comment

Thin feels better than anything tastes

Stronger than yesterday!

Hard decision @flourbaby!

Day 9 UK NFD

Had another good FD yesterday and felt much ‘happier’ than whilst on my last one.

I usually weigh in on Monday but this coming week we are off on a little jolly to see the Christmas lights and market in Prague for 4 days…. flying from Leeds so fingers crossed we actually take off as snow is forecast. I’m sure our friends in snowier climates will be laughing out loud at how poorly we in the UK manage (don’t) a little snow flurry! Anyway… off my tale… I weighed this morning and another 2lbs off – 8lbs in 4 weeks – yipee!

Now for the challenge…. can I weigh in Monday week having maintained? It is likely to be the gluhwein that will be the downfall…. but never been to Prague before so not going to miss out! I think I would be a very unkind visitor to look to slay any gluhwein dragons!

Good luck everyone on your pre-Christmas challenges!

Day 9……Florida……FD

I’m going to try this again…… I have totally fallen through the darn whole in the wagon again…… I seriously thought we had fixed that!
    I feeling much better these days…… so I’m going to try for a successful FD!

A big welcome @betz28……. there are many of us for the States. If you look at the daily heading that will give you an idea of where everyone is, but to be honest….. the miles or oceans between us have never stopped us from being a successful group!

@happymargo……. I’m having a rough go of it this week too! I’m glad to hear you are putting your foot down and putting yourself first! When we take care of ourselves, we can help those better and easier! Plus, you soooo deserve to be first!

@cornish Jane…….. I welcome you to read some of my old posts, my struggles and successes….. As @happy Margo stated….. I’ve lost plenty of panties through this WOL. If I. Honest, her reminder of where I was and where I am now has helped me climb back up on the wagon!

Okay, well I must work today….So I’m off!

Wanna know why Santa’s so jolly?

He knows where all the bad girls live!

Day 9 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    First time I’ve failed on a fast day for a while😭 damn those mince pies.

Day 9 – USA – FD
    NFD went well yesterday and I’m very ready for a simple FD today. Scale went down about a pound, so very happy about that.

Goals for today are to complete a successful FD, practice one hour of yoga and finally log that elusive 5-mile bike ride at the Y.

I have been able to spend some time reading posts at last and more than ever appreciate the awesome people who post here.
    @metatauta you are well out of the cold weather now that you are in beautiful Tennessee. Hope your visit with your friend goes well.
    @happymargo I really enjoyed reading your stress post, although sadly I missed the unedited version :). Good for you for making things simpler with fewer “no’s”.
    Weekends are always a little more difficult in terms of sticking to our goals, I think, but holiday weekends are a little more challenging. We can do it though. Good luck to everyone today.

Take care, Markie

Day 9 – Massachusetts – nfd

It has started to snow here. Going to get myself to the gym before I lose all motivation! Happy Saturday all and have a good Fast!

Just keep swimming 🏊‍♀️

Day 9 – Colorado USA – NFD

@emma Taylor – that’s amazing that you’re staying dry for December. Impressive resolve!
    I’ve managed to stick with the Dry Winos “Dry till Fri” mantra. No alcohol till Friday & even then, quite lightly. I’ve knocked out 2 parties dry by being the driver. But I have 2 more this week that I know will involve red wine (planned for.)
    Keep on going, we’re rooting for you! I bet in January you’ll have loads of company!

@quebecoise – oh my! That cough sounds awful. Take care & hope you heal up quickly.
    Thank you for the link. Interesting video on shaking up a routine to break bad habits. Useful info!

@markie99 – your yoga classes sound like a perfect mix of “breathing, flexibility, strength and balance” that we could all use. I’d sign up for that!

@dykask – glad to hear the good news about your job! Plus, it’s smart to have those other sidelines of income. 3 miners in crypto currency…Right now they’ll be earning more than minimum wage!
    (I like to think of each dollar I’ve worked hard for as a little green soldier. Try to put each green soldier to work for me rather than spend it too frivolously.)

@daffodil2010 – Nice! December goal already attained, with a new BMI to boot! Fantastic. You’ll wear those smaller swimsuits with confidence!

@debster251 – I’m with you, Monday & Thursday work great for my 2 days also. I just need to “commit to the fast day” and track calories for TDEE on NFD….Done deal. And good luck on your continued Dry Wino resolve!

@toddybear – fantastic weight loss! Go & enjoy Prague. Please be sure to report back with details.

@bigviking & @steve TTD – all this mince pie talk! I’ve never had one but now I’m super curious to try!

Day 9, Sicily, Italy, nfd

Eating delicious food and enjoying my stay in Sicily also met some Sicilian friends.

Have A great weekend everyone

Day 9- Colorado USA- NFD

Just read an interesting article called “if wishes were potato chips.”

https://www.dietdoctor.com/wishes-potato-chips

In it the author battles with using food & snack breaks to avoid difficult tasks or to beat boredom (oh my, how I might have done that once or twice. Maybe.)

She also reminds the reader :
    “Many times I have wished my struggle with obesity belonged to someone else, but this burden was given to me, and, if I’m going to manage the challenge, wishing won’t make it so.“ If we want to change, we need to act differently.

Day 9 country West Australia definitely NOT a FD
    Day 8 NFD
    I am not saying much on the grounds I might incriminate myself.
    Suffice to say that I have worked out that B2B2B FDs for the next 28 days MIGHT get me back on track.

Day 9 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed will yesterday being under TDEE despite indulging a little on items I don’t normally eat. I’m happy with that.

@markie99 & @metatauta — re: Lake Delton. I live very near the Pecatonica River that often floods into neighboring farm fields. Right after Lake Delton drained, someone put up a sign at one of those fields “Found: Lake Delton” -made our whole family laugh! @fatrabbit — I had no idea you ever lived in the states, much less Wisconsin. How terrific!

@happymargo – I think anyone can go to Silver Sneakers classes, but they generally are during the day when we retired folks are free. They utilize low impact exercise, we never get on the floor, and each teacher does his/her own adaptations of the regime. Between Illinois and Utah, I bet I have been to at least 6 different teachers’ classes, and each one has been great!

@daffodil2010 – yeah for your closet finds! Aren’t you glad now you kept those items?

@toddybear – I’m right with you on that gluhwein. Indulge and enjoy! I love it too and make it myself here, although I do miss the authentic Germans doing it.

Onward and downward.

Day 9 UK NFD

Weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost a 1lb/0.5kg making 3lb in the first 8 days. Now THAT’s motivation! 79.5kg/12st7lb so just edged into the 70s, which is worth celebrating.

FD yesterday got really tough in the later evening. My body clock’s out of whack with illness and stuff, so I was still wide awake Hungry (with capital H) at 2.30am having had c700 calories in the day. Eventually let myself have a chopped up apple and drank yet more water – I’m getting through at least 2 litres of fizzy water per 24 hours, plus all the hot drinks.

The film was just brilliant and very timely, thank you @quebecoise! (My Scottish-born father grew up in Montreal so I’ve always felt a connection, would love to visit one day.) I shared it with an online womens’ group and they loved it too 🙂 Get well soon

@mjmj I was thinking exactly that about food & emotions yesterday, as I had another down day while fasting and prepping healthy/ier Christmas food. We probably hide all manner of things under a snack, a chocolate bar, blow out or glass of something. When there’s less food and we’re eating mindfully there’s nowhere to hide the tough stuff. And it’s a tricky time of year too. So many memories and thoughts and regrets coming up while I stirred the Christmas cake… It’s a challenging process, this WOL.

Christmas cake is in the oven so finding it hard to break my fast today – my oven is a combi microwave/grill too and I use it for everything. Going to try for a well controlled day around 1200 calories because tomorrow is a bit difficult to predict – lunching with refugee group where it’s really important to be part of the group. Will take some food with me and try to eat before I get there, and have a small portion of main course.

@daffodil2010 Congratulations on your new BMI, that’s an epic achievement! It’s inspiring to read about it – esp as I have only a size 16 and size 10 swimming costume too, and neither of them currently fit me

Best wishes to everyone fasting today x

Day 9 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, 497 cals. I made “everything bagels” low-carb and was able to eat one afterwards without any butter or cream cheese on it. 220 calories and delicious! If anyone is interested in the recipe, it’s on “KetoConnect – Everything Bagels” on YouTube. @daffodil2010, Break me off a piece of that happy bar! Hooray for you! @bigviking, do not despair, a whoosh is coming! You are being vigilant! @fatrabbit, it is indeed a small world and I so appreciate you sharing your life on this forum. Sorry you were not able to stay in the States, but I’m sure you are where you were meant to be. @irishtrier, thanks for the motivation on your post even though it was not addressed to me in particular…it was very encouraging! @debster251, congrats on no booze for Dec.; as you may know, I am not officially on the list, but have been so impressed with the “Nowinos” that I have abstained 6 days out of 8 and I have to say, it’s not hard if you keep yourself busy. Being home all day is certainly a challenge, but the recent preparations for Christmas – decorating, etc. have been a happy distraction, and then my friend coming in next week will be another one. @toddybear, 8 lbs. in 4 weeks is a fantastic dispatch of pounds! Glad for you! What is gluhwein? @happymargo, I see we troll the same sites – I love DietDoctor, as well as Ruled.me, KetoConnect, Anna’s Kitchen, and a host of other LCHF/Keto friendly sites. Sorry for the long post, but had a lot to chat about today!

Day 9 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, 497 cals. @daffodil2010, break me off a piece of that happy bar! Hooray for you! @bigviking, don’t despair, a whoosh is coming; you are being vigilant since coming back from vakay. @fatrabbit, what a small world; thanks for sharing about your time in the States. @irishtrier, your comments were very motivating, thank you! @debster251, congrats on no booze for 9 days so far! @toddybear, what a great dispatch of lbs. in such a short time! @happymargo, love DietDoctor as well as other LCHF/Keto sites. Just made an “everything bagel” via KetoConnect.

Day 9 North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Good control day so far, but I am afraid the wine beckons. @michelinme I too drink loads of fizzy water. It has been my saviour on many a fast day.
    @steve toon taxi driver. You didn’t fail. Start again another day. I am not giving you all permission to fail this month, but Christmas is a special time of year. We can always go for this way of life with gusto on the 27th. I intend to enjoy my time with family. If I eat too much so be it I have the rest of the year to lose the few pounds I will gain over Christmas by being a bit silly. 😂😂😂

Stay strong if you can 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪 💋💋💋💋

Day 9 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Day 8 – NFD
    We leave very early tomorrow morning for San Francisco and my nieces wedding. I’m very excited, my niece is the last one to get married among my nieces and nephews. I wish I were slimmer but it is what it is. I will be quite presentable and I plan on forgetting all about it and enjoy the moment. We are having a reception lunch at Greens restaurant which is vegetarian, as is the groom. The restaurant is an institution, I bought their cookbook in 1987. I’m looking forward to finally eating there. Then cocktails at the Top of The Mark in the evening which will include family and friends. It’s the cocktail dress that most concerns me, I’m really going to need the assistance of the “Spanx team” and keep my tummy sucked in.
    I wont be checking in until I get home, then I will need to survey the situation. 😐

All the dry til Friday group, you are awesome. Stay strong 💪
    @happymargo – You made me laugh with your list of “No’s”, sounds like something I would do. Also thanks for the link, “I’ve never regretted something that I didn’t eat.” Wise words.
    @bigviking – I’d call that controlled eating. 😀
    @quebecoise – Hope you feel better soon!! Thank you for the video link on habits, interesting.
    @daffodil2010 – Wow is right, what a success story you are, and an inspiration!! Your post just bubbles with happiness and pride, as it should.
    @toddybear – Have fun in Prague, I’ve always wanted to go to a Christmas market, it should be beautiful.🌲🎅
    @steve toon taxi driver – Bummer those sneaky mince pies……time to push the RESET 🛑

Day 9 California NFD

@daffodil2010, Congrats on moving into a normal BMI! That’s a big thing. And losing a couple pounds this time of year is like a double success. You deserve a celebration, like a day at the spa, a pedicure or at least a new pair of skinny jeans. You must have outgrown a few pairs by now.

I gained back the 300 grams that I lost yesterday. We are meeting friends for dinner tonight at an Italian restaurant (they do have some good choices) so I think I will fast until dinner. We have a 6:30 dinner time because of the long drive.

Hope everyone is having a good day and not paying attention to all those “visions of sugarplums” that seem to be everywhere!

Day 9, Germany, NFD
    Just about to walk to a birthday party and hopefully won’t overdo with booze as much as on my birthday last Tuesday 🙈
    We’ll have Raclette which is usually fine with me…
    Weighed in this morning despite wanting to wait until the 1st of January. Was satisfied though, no crazy thinking about it today…
    Take care everybody!

Day 9, Québec, NFD

Thank’s all of you who wished me well for my bronchitis. Two days of pumps improoved the situation and I will survive ! Lol

@strawberriesandcream
    Still going down…. 134,4 this morning ! Yeeepi !
    How’s it going on your side of the planet ?

@michelineme
    I’m sure you would enjoy Montreal. Always fascinating to walk through our parent’s steps. You would also enjoy Québec City where I live. It is known as one of the nicest places in the world in Christmass time. I wish I could post pictures. If you want to have a look just google “Quebec City Christmas Time Photos” !

@fatrabbit
    Please continue your nice stories about your rabbits. I enjoy reading them so much. I see them hopping, so cute !

As someone wrote (sorry I forgot your name ) I am eating dark chocolate with my left hand.

Have a nice we. X

Day 9 NFD Oregon USA

Hello all! Happy Saturday here. 😊

Very happy to report that I had my most successful FD yet yesterday. Work combined with evening event meant I was busy and able to stick to 425 calories. Was rewarded with a new low number this morning. So sharing in the happy vibes with you @daffodil2010–though I’m not to that healthy BMI yet.

@Quebecoise-thank you for that great video link. Loved in and planning on sharing it on my business page (building an lifestyle company for aging with optimism).

@michelinme–you and I are at the exact same weight, so I’m with you on new “decades” ( Of course I think I will stick to measuring in lbs. as I get to enjoy new decades much quicker) 😄😄
    @toddybear–would love to see Prague during the holidays–enjoy!

And actually all you Londoner’s or UK that travel there–a friend has been sharing all of her photos from her London trip there this week and it is stunning in the holiday lights!

@awilson–enjoy your time in SF and your niece’s wedding.

@songbirdme–was at a holiday choir event for my son last night at a Grotto, inside their chapel. Oh it was such beautiful music and acoustics. 🎄❤️️

@debster251 and @happymargo–Mondays and Thursdays seem perfect for me as well. Was happy that I was able to shift to Friday this week with a party on Thursday. That is the beauty of this WOL if you just commit to do 5:2. I am looking ahead to the holidays with Christmas and New Years on Mondays, commitments in the weeks ahead and just pre-planning my FD’s. Sticking to them will be KEY for me. 🍷🍺 (Because I like these too much).

Thanks all for putting up with my mopeyness this week. I talked to a friend today who reminded me that where I focus my attention needs to be done with intention.
    I choose to be grateful.

🎁 May your holidays be blessed and your pounds be less. ⛄️

@mjrbcd44 — singing in acoustics like that can be stunning! I did a summer choir tour in Europe right out of high school and got to sing a solo in a Belgian cathedral. The sound just LIVES in those places! How cool your son got to have a concert there!

Day 9 – SW WA USA – NFD

Hopefully a controlled NFD. Heading to another Christmas event soon.

@daffodil2010 – Congrats on getting into a healthy BMI and even a tad below goal for December. I’m impressed.

Still have posts to catch up on. I’m a little behind these days with work responsibilities. Even spent a couple of waters at school this morning; but I’m ready for a Monday morning mtg.

Enjoy this holiday season! Together we are stronger!

Day 10,Germany, NFD
    Just got back from the party and caught up with some postings before I will go to bed in a few minutes. My day 10 hasn’t actually started, since I haven’t slept so far… Party was really nice, Raclette and alcohol in control 👍💪. And am looking forward to go to sleep with a good feeling in my stomach and my head!
    @daffodil2010 really enjoyed reading your happy post! I could really feel your gratitude and joy in your words! Thank you for sharing! Many congratulations!!!
    So when I get up again, I will have a nice controlled NFD 😊

Day10 NZ NFD Very busy at work and play so haven’t read the posts for a couple of days. @onaheathyhigh I’m with you and just made a nice cuppa and enjoying it whiled catching up.

@quebecoise get well soon

@anna6 sounds idyllic.

Had a bad day,funny isn’t it that after a fast day I rarely feel hungry but if I do start eating the bread, chippies with wine etc I really fall off the track and need a fast day to get me back on track again. My staff Christmas do was last night and today I feel awful because I have just been eating bread and comfort food. Why I just don’t know. I guess I’m tired and I don’t make good choices. Great party though. Played footgolf and then had dinner and socialised and danced.
    Fast day tomorrow and make a really concerted effort to read the posts every day, they really are motivating.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,192 total)

You must be logged in to reply.