Cursor control problems using an iPad

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Site stuff Bugs and errors
Cursor control problems using an iPad

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeanius 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, fastdiet – there’s something very odd going on with the cursor control when I try to input text using  a stylus and the onscreen keyboard  of my iPad2.  If I touch the screen to move the cursor way from the latest word typed, perhaps to edit a phrase or correct a typing error, then the whole thing seems to freeze.  To release it, I have to touch the key that moves the keyboard offscreen and then touch the screen again to place the cursor wherever I need to amend the text – the keyboard reappears, I type in the amendment and then the cursor is fixed at that point again.  Every time I want to move around the text in any way, I have to repeat the keyboard-disappearance-and-touch-the-screen-to-place-the-cursor trick.

Also, as I type, the text appears in a different font to the usual site-style, although it does revert to the usual site-style once I actually post my comment onto the forum.  (This font difference might be as per the website design, of course, but it seems rather odd.)  It has taken me nearly an hour to type this message, so difficult is this cursor problem.  My iPad functions perfectly everywhere else so I assume the bug must be hiding in this forum somewhere, the little devil!

HI Jeanius – how very aggravating for you and thank you for posting given how long it makes it take to do so. We will check this out and get it sorted as soon as we can. Great to see you back on the site and apologies for the hitch. Michael

Yes, how aggravating! It hasn’t been fixed yet but just wanted to let you know that I’m working on it and this isn’t getting ignored.

I think it’s working now. But please please let me know if not – you can email me at tech@thefastdiet.co.uk if it’s easier!

Many thanks, fast diet. Yes, all seems well now. Great job! (Nice numerical search results available now, too.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.