Cumin turkey burgers recipe from book

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Cumin turkey burgers recipe from book

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Karenat23 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Delicious! But confusing! Recipe says 174 cals using 125gr Turkey Mince BUT food info label on Tesco turkey mince says 180 cals per 100 gr. therefore 125 gr would be 223gr. Can anyone suggest what i should count? Or just count somewhere in the middle of the two! Loving the recipe book though!

Karenat, Hi, you are ahead of me in that you have actually tried one of the recipes, good for you. I am an M&S Ready Meal man myself on fast days but… things will change.
    I am a bit confused by your posting regarding cals. I dont know about Tesco Turkey mince calorie count but have you taken into account the books recipe states that the recipe is for TWO burgers so you half the calorie count for the turkey mince recipe.
    Have you done that?.

Karen, I would use the calorie count from the actual turkey mince you have used; something like mince may have varying levels of fat used so you may have to adjust the recipe to your mince. The Calorie Counts are all for one person only.

Thanks for the replies, I think I’m reading the recipe right. Anyway I made some last night using whole pack of turkey mince and carefully measured into 12 burgers, 10 in the freezer and I’ve 2 this evening – I counted the mince as per the food info label but as I grill them noticed that fat dripped off the rack and wonder if the recipe could reflect that a lot of fat is lost from the meat during the cooking process? Would,like to know as if I’d followed the recipe calorie count I could have had more to eat today! Must admit I’m finding it reasonably easy on a fast day, I’ve lost 3lb in ten days (after 3 fast days) so will carry on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.