creamy chocolate-y goodness that's good for you

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
creamy chocolate-y goodness that's good for you

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  franfit 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I like yogurt but hate the way it’s over-sweetened in commercial preparations, so I came up with this high-protein snack:

Chocolate-Coffee-Vanilla Greek Yogurt

one 500-gram tub lowfat Greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon Dutch process cocoa
    1 tablespoon (no-alcohol) vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon coffee extract
    1 tablespoon agave nectar

Mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours so the alcohol flavor in the coffee extract can dissipate.

With the products I have available, this works out to 1.03 calories per gram, so a 6-oz. (168-gram) serving, which makes a decent breakfast or substantial snack, comes in at 173 calories and about 17 grams of protein. A 2-oz. (56-gram) serving for a fast-day snack comes in at 58 calories and about 6 grams of protein. But please add up the total calories you get with the ingredients available to you.

If you like it sweeter, try honey instead of agave, for only a few more calories. Can’t find coffee extract? Try a tablespoon of strong espresso or a teaspoon of instant coffee powder, or a tablespoon of almond or coconut extract for a different flavor.

Tried this recipe with instant espresso powder instead of coffee extract. It tasted great, and no waiting for the alcohol flavor from the coffee extract to evaporate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.