Courgette and Potato bake

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Courgette and Potato bake

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  snorks 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• ~760 calories all up, but you won’t want to eat all of it. Eating half of it (380) is a REALLY good sized meal. You could even quarter it and still have plenty to eat.

675 g courgettes
    450 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
    1 onion, finely sliced
    3 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 large red capsicum (bell pepper), seeded and cubed
    400 g can of chopped tomatoes
    150 mL hot water
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    salt and ground black pepper

– Preheat oven to 190 deg C. Scrape courgettes lightly under running water, then slice into thin rounds. Put them in a large baking dish and add the chopped potatoes, onion, garlic, red capsicum + tomatoes. Mix well, then stir in the olive oil, hot water and dried oregano.
    – Spread the mixture evenly, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, then stir in parsley and a little more water.
    – Return to the oven and cook for 1 hour, increasing the temperature to 200 deg C for the final 10 – 15 minutes so the potatoes brown.

Variations:
    The original recipe called for 2 tbsp Olive Oil, but I halved it for lower calories. Hey, it might even work if you remove it completely.
    If it’s not your fast day, you can make it tastier by sprinkling bread crumbs and/or cheese on top in the last 10 minutes 🙂

Forgot to put that courgette = zucchini

Actually…would anyone be able to check the calorie calculations? It seems a massive amount of food for that much calorie O_o

I calculate it to be 735 for the whole dish, using a medium onion – but I don’t know where you are from. Here in NZ we use a 15ml tablespoon so the difference could be an Aussie 20ml tablespoon for the oil.

It wasn’t an Australian recipe. Aussie dieters – don’t use a whole tablespoon! Pretty sure Australia is the only place with the 20mL tbsps.

High five fellow Kiwi!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.