Carbs the night before a fast day

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Planning
Carbs the night before a fast day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  etherial 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I can’t remember where I read on here to avoid a carb rich meal the evening before fasting… Can anyone clarify?

I’m doing an 8 mile run tomorrow morning, don’t know if this is of any relevance!

Was gonna cook a plate of pasta for me and the boyf tonight, so just wondering! 🙂

LittleWing, Hi, I am no diet expert but have been a “faster” since the end of Jan this year and have lost up to 16Lb. I keep things simple and have had carb rich food pre – fast day without any noticable effect. As a 65 yr old man I also work out (30-40mins cardio) on a fast day with no ill effects.
    Have your pasta, I am only sorry I am of an age where an eight mile run is in my distant past.
    No disrespect to other posters of whom most are more up to speed than me regarding the effects of certain foods on the body and of the numerous medical conditions that some suffer. I believe that for what ever reason, some times we seem to put challenges in our way when there is no need. If you are doing a run then it stands to reason I think that Pasta will be a neccessary fuel.
    From the outset I think Michael and Mimi have tried to keep things simple, and with some medical exceptions I think that is the right way to go.
    I mean no offence to any other posters with their experiences and knowledge.
    Enjoy your run.

Ahh bless you! I appreciate other peoples points of views whether they regard themselves experts or not so Thanks for your response 🙂 yeah this is my 4th week and I haven’t restricted myself on non fast days and have so far lost half a stone so must be doing something right!

Your right, I think the whole point of this diet is NOT to over complicate… So lucky OH has pasta on the menu tonight (and meals from my lovely shiny new fast diet recipe book for Monday and Tuesday).

Well done on your incredible weight loss 🙂

If pasta is a concern, why not buy the shitaki noodles? They taste like pasta once you soak off the odd smell. You only boil them for a minute and they take on any flavor you choose. They are carb, fat, and gluten-free.

Instead of starchy spaghetti, lasagna or fetticini noodles, I use these wonderful alternatives. They only have 5 calories a serving, so you can eat as much as you want on fast days.

I even cook them on non-fasting days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.