Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,201 through 8,250 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi Up. I think that Daylight saving is the pits. The idea is that you should still eat at the same time and then have time to do things outside after dinner in the cool eg exercise etc. . However it is too hot to eat at the normal time and you end up eating late and then going to bed on a full stomach, I’d love to live in Queensland where they don’t have it.

Oh, and welcome to you Annie and Ldove! a timely reminder that I need to get back on toipic. Fast day tomorrow. I have much to repent. Back to the gym, I think. off to boil my eggs for FD tomorrow. cheers all. Gyps

I do agree PH, I hated it when QLD embraced daylight saving. In my job, one ended up forever getting up in the dark! and one never made decent use of the prolonged ‘afternoon’ daylight because it was still too hot. the farmers won out on that one. The milking cows were lined up lowing at the bales despite what the clock said. I guess it depends on your occupation and I can see how city folk would rather have a long afternoon when half their leisure time is taken up by travel to and from work venues. So nice to have no time table at all an no rush hour traffic. retirement has its perks!

Hi gyps. Looked up the Oaks accommodation. Looks good. I will look into it more tomorrow afternoon and see if there are specials through Qantas or Virgin frequent flyers. See what I can come up with. I like the idea of an apartment too regarding not having to buy all meals out and having somewhere to relax and have a whiskey or two. Thinking of coming for 3 nights..W/T/ F maybe. ??

Hi All!
    Had to meet up with plumber this morning at my sister’s apartment and then went grocery shopping. When I came out of the supermarket, someone had bashed into my car and drove off without leaving contact details….bummer! πŸ™ This is the second time this has happened in recent months and I’m extremely p@$%&d off!!!
    So, more family history….my mother’s family have lived in the same spot for five generations and her ancestors were once Irish speakers who couldn’t speak English! My mother took over the running of the the local post office from her parents and grandparents, so when I was growing up the post office was actually in my house! She raised six children and looked after her aunt who was bed-ridden for the last ten years of her life. She also took in her sister and her son, when that marriage broke up….a big scandal in rural Ireland in those days. She also used to put up her brother who was a priest on the foreign missions, but would come home for a year at a time and stay with us and bring home droves of other priests to be fed, at the drop of a hat. To say that I admire my mother is a vast understatement; to me she was the most incredibly organised and capable woman but alot of her generation were like that too. The older I get, the more humbled and privileged I feel to have been raised by such a wonderful person.
    Gyps – never a dull moment with you on this thread! Love all the photos….what a magnificent head of hair you have, I am so envious! So glad that you have booked your place for the reunion. I think the AD gang might just get thrown out of a few establishments if things keep hotting up the way they are!!!! Look out Sydney!! πŸ˜†
    SJ – your stories about you dad and school sound quite similar to mine; so next Wed I will share some of my memories as the daughter of the local school principal. I enjoyed both the teaching and the admin aspects of my job, but both together became too much; with budget and staffing cuts as well as new government policies every five minutes, it just wasn’t doable any more without adversely affecting my health.
    PH – what a long and productive working life you have had and such variety – well done you πŸ™‚ You are doing so well with 5:2 and I’m sure you will continue to have great success. Keep up the good work!
    Parley – fantastic success and now you can decide to do either 6:1 or 5:2, depending on the amount of treats or special occasions come up. Also, fasting has lots of other health benefits, so you will continue to reap those by sticking with this wol…well done!!
    CG – great advice, as ever! Your lamb shanks sound delish….enjoy πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Welcome, LDove – planning is key part of this wol (way of life) and you will find 5:2 is so flexible and that is why it is sustainable and successful.
    Doggy – hope the tonics you got at the pharmacy will help to speed up your recovery xx
    Up – what a lovely thing to treat yourself to new undies…it makes one feel really good and you can go around all day with a mysterious smile on your face that will keep others guessing as to why you’re so happy! πŸ™‚
    GG – thanks for co-ordinating the reunion; I’ll know pretty soon whether OH and I can make it, but we will stay with family In Sydney and I can keep in touch to join in the gang whenever suits πŸ™‚ I really hope I can make it work xxx

Well ladies looks like it’s a goer! I’m just keeping my eye out & hoping for good airfare deals down the track. Then there’s our trip to the USA to lock in our dates still. Have to discuss with OH before I lock it in. The Oaks looks like a good place too Gyps esp with your coupons.

Well think it’s time to hit the couch & have a hot choc. Feeling quite tired tonight even though haven’t done too much. Lovely to read all the posts and see your pics Gyps but not enough energy for replies!
    Here’s to another well disciplined FD tomorrow for all of us and some more losses to report on Friday. Welcome to our newbies & hope you’ll hang around despite all our banter. We also give lots of encouragement, advice and support when needed too. sj XXXX

Oh PH, I had to laugh when I looked back at your post where you used shorthand for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday……as we all know WTF also stands for another phrase in email/text shorthand….so I think we should officially call this reunion the ‘WTF tour’, as I’m sure there will be plenty such moments!!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Good morning team, what a bloody shame Fir about your car, I don’t understand human nature at times. And, well, that’s your young brain picking up the shorthand, it didn’t even twig with me ? but then I’m still waking up. One very sore puppy this morning, still wondering if the pool is a goer or not. Big drive yesterday and today will be day 4 in the pool, so, having my wake up milky coffee and will decide.
    Sounds like our reunion is starting to take shape, GG hasn’t yet booked our rooms as she’s a bit disgusted at the prices in comparison to Melb so looking at units too. I’m no help as I don’t know the area so the ball is her court but WE WILL BE THERE ? I have my air tickets so it’s all go!
    Fast day again team, I do have someone calling in later this morning so if I faulter, then my fast could be tomorrow. That’s the beauty of our 5:2 and how flexible it is.
    Beautiful weather today plus more to follow so will be on the ride on this arvo, my favourite chore in the garden and very rewarding when done. I have the r//v heater going now but come Sunday or Monday sounds like it will be a flick of a switch to the a/c when it really heats up….ans salad days team ?
    To our newbies, don’t stress with your fast, hold off eating for as late as possible, just have teas or coffees and water, then something light for lunch, maybe the egg mid arvo, then a stirfry or soup for dinner. If you can clear your mind of food and stay busy it does help ? as it’s still all very new and novel, I’m sure you will do well, and you will feel a fantastic sense of pride when you get into bed tonight.
    Remember, mountains are only there to block your view, not to stop you getting past them ? happy day team xxxxx

The WTF tour? Love it!

Yes, Daylight Saving is controversial. I used to drive from Brisbane to NSW for work and the days I had an 8 am staff meeting were torture. It meant the meeting started at 7 my time and I had to drive for an hour and a quarter to get there. Of course I had to leave home even earlier to allow for freeway issues. Driving home, I would be so tired.

Fit, such an interesting history and such a capable mother!

28 here today, my favourite temperature. I have a dog to walk and paintings to do, I had to switch my painting from yesterday to today but I survived the mammogram etc. The doc said that yesterday’s pap smear may be my last as they expect a new thing to be in which women will do at home. It doesn’t really worry me but I know plenty will be happy with that idea.

My daughter made some meatballs from a 5/2 book this morning to take to uni with her. Will report back if they are any good.

Hay Gyps, GG and I will come with you and if the coupon offer is still there YES PLEASE, off to the pool back later ??????

PS Happy to link people, pass on stuff!

Hi team. Oh Gypsy you are a card. Thanks for lighting the candle for me and doing the reiki thing. It’s sure to be a big help. I’ve not really a lot to say so will keep it short. I’m still in recovery mode so don’t think I should start fasting again yet. I do need to though as I’m up another kilo. Bummer.
    I too am looking forward to daylight saving. I’m of the opinion it should start a month earlier. We too have Kookaburrahs and Wattlebirds that start their day long before daylight. I love the birds though plus the other wildlife that’s around. Just not the snakes.
    XX Dawg

Morning All lovely morning here and FD has been postponed to Friday. Had a lazy breakfast on the patio in the sun (first for the spring/summer) and we’re going out for lunch to celebrate the sale of 2 of OH’s paintings. The gallery where they sold also has a nice cafe in the bush so very fitting that we lunch there I reckon (and deliver some new work for them). Of course I didn’t say no when he suggested it! Why should I 5:2 is so adaptable.
    Dawg please don’t worry about your weight right now. Getting back to 100% is far more important and it will fall off once you start again. Being so inactive it’s bound to happen and you can’t bloomin’ well do anything about it right now can you?! We’re all cheering for you Doggie to be up & about soon. In the meantime sit back & enjoy those books. {{ }}
    CG I hope you’re not doing too much – waking up sore again may be telling you so? May be time to back off a little & then gear up for the next spurt of activity. Take it in bursts & then have a break when you body tells you – as we know that nothing will hold you back so no use trying to tell you to stop!! Hope it went well.
    Well so the WTF tour has an official title now – very Irish if I may say so Fit, but also very aussie too!
    PH I worked in community health as part of a team for 9 years & loved it. I was a ring-in as employed by the asthma foundation but they gave me a free office in the building so I could provide local services. Worked well – great team of people!

Well better get some chores done before we head out. Have a great FD all. If you’re planned prepared & ready to persist & persevere….you’ll do fine!! suejen XXXX

Ah, Thank God it’s fast day! And I’ve been ever so good! Back to crunchies(modified for back issues and the only reason I am still upright), weights and 5 minutes on the exercise bike. It’s a start. And just had lemon and ginger tea infusion and some parboiled broccoli with diced, home grown tomato and shallots, sprinkles with a little chai oil and lemon juice. A bit early, but got the rumbles and can’t think straight then. and need to spare you all from my nonsense waffles and get serious! I gotta get fit for this WTF Tour!

Ha! Ha! Oh Fit, Priceless! (as all your posts tend to be) Sorry CG, I think it’s gonna stick! I did notice and had a private grin, too, PH. You’re a legend! I get a bit fuddled about all the acronyms we use today , But that classic does stand out! On the other hand, I think I confused “PC” with ‘personal care’ day and spoiled myself rotten!…sigh..

Can’t believe how slack I’ve been over the past month or so! and how quickly fitness goes down the tubes. My waist was starting to wobble again and the scales were creeping up (flashing 87k eek!). But I now have the missing link: That special incentive to get back on track. So excited! and have to answer individual posts (because I was in a scramble (bloody moon!) and missed much as the page rolled over. Fast day and I’m over the housework. So will get to individuals as the day rolls.

Main thing being, “yes!” to the coupon offer, CG, GG, Suejen and PH have so far expressed interest in. That makes 6 of us so far, so Further to it, if we are all thinking of gravitating to “Oaks” venue,(Ha! It has a sauna, and my visions are rarely wrong! Togas please girls!) then I saw a tab on the web page that mentioned group deals. Not sure how many constitute a group, but I can ring my travel club and find out what they can wangle. Think it works better having them as our advocate, my accidental ‘Platinum’ membership has loyalty cuts etc…bloody funny, really, since I never went anywhere on it in the 20 yrs I subscribed! Fancy not even noticing membership renewal fees for so long?

Gad, PH, I could sure use you in my life! My paperwork support system fell apart when I retired from having a top gun admin officer oiling the works! She trained me so well!(I was nurse co-ordinator for the cancer clinic) I soo remember the ‘old days’ of nursing pre ward clerks! Plus, so much of my career was in school nursing I relate to the world of teachers pretty well, (and farmers!)certainly the Irish! It’s so amazing how we have all gravitated and relate to our shared life experiences on this page. From strangers. And the personal histories you’ve all shared sooo fits with the tag “Determination”.From true grit origins. It is not the usual cautious forum anonymity, it is a real force. And I think the personal aspect is what we all need to just keep trying, for good health and life satisfaction.

(Yes, I know I’m waffling again!)Ill take a break and come back when I find the thread! Maybe ring the club and suss out the group situation so we know what to aim for. Worth a mention that my 5 day booking was a ‘red hot deal’ . not sure if that’s always the same or if other combinations of days equates to the same. What I did find was that if one gets quoted a deal on any given day, they can go away and think about it, but it’s locked in at the quoted price (a bit like ‘Good Guys’ appliance quotes when shopping for a bargain).. so maybe I can reserve a group price on 6 people for 5 days and go from there. ie, come back to you all with the details and figure out how to proceed from there? It may not work out for all, so an alternative is a show of hands for ‘definite 5 days’ or other variation. will also ask if those I gift vouchers to (That’s doable in their terms)can negotiate on their own behalf. See u all in a while.

And dawg, remind me I have had some thoughts on other health aspects may be affecting your recovery, Namely Iodine deficiency (Which is not necessarily detected by the standard thyroid function test. And truly plays havoc with your nervous and immune systems. (I’ll gt back to it). have a good FD all xx gyps

Hi team, well the aerobics went well, glad I did it, worked a bit of soreness out, guess I was seasing up a bit? Anyway done and dusted now, three days off too ? with the long weekend, not that THAT matters to me they are all the same. GG has booked our hotel but she will tell you more when she checks in, same hotel as a Gypsy so don’t know if a deal is workable Gyps? $512.50 each so we are super pleased with that ? twin beds so be interesting to see which one of us snores ?
    Fast day down the gurgled AGAIN Thursday fasts are definitely a thing of the past. In future will try either Wednesday or Friday’s, my gardener comes today, she is a friend from further up the road, she helps me when one pair of hands just are’t enough, plus heavy lifting etc, and really appreciates the money I pay her, so two way street to me cause I appreciate the help now that I have stopped treating myself as a draft horse!
    Salads are now a plenty in my fridge with this expected heat coming, so fasting tomorrow will be a breeze ? and you lot can gloat because yours will be finished ? . Suejen, I do heed your advise and am being cautious with what I do, and apart from the exercise it’s very social, which is nice when you live alone, but will rest up this arvo, coffee on the way then my Nanny nap to re coup!
    Gyps yes, I was a PC and thought that when I first suggest that as our Portion
    Control day ? then thought it really IS our Personal Care day anyway ? so it worked.
    Positive thinking team, YOU CAN DO IT, it’s only one day and the benefits outweigh the slight discomfort you may be feeling. Weigh in tomorrow and see how pleased you will be for such a small effort.Eating is a habit, not a necessity as often as we do it. Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION take over, give yourself a good stern talking too, so BRING IT ON ? xxxxxxxxxh

Yikes! I’m back and glad I did ring the travel club. So ladies, you will need to be timely to get bookings at the oaks for our dates. I’m informed the availability is closing fast. For a few reasons, the Royal opera is apparently on that weekend and it’s running into pre Easter week in town for the landed gentry (outback property folk who use the Oaks regularly for shopping and shows) . Worth knowing the prices are hiked all over town for that time, so You’ll probably get skinned outside of the coupon deal (I’m quietly grinning because I recall I was on the land and doing quite when I took the membership on…. so we’re in like flyn! and better late than never!).

So here’s the variations available to us. Firstly, You can all make your own single room (studio apartment) bookings by phone and pay your deposits by credit card. Depending on availability, you can all have the same deal as I have (with one of my coupons)That’s.

$759 for 5 nights.
    $570 for 3 nights.

And the best group deal available is for 4 people to share a two bedroom unit with 2 single beds in each room. (so If you had 8 people it would go to x 2 x2 room units, etc) And the price for that deal is $1,239. x 5 nites ($309.75 each)

…. and …. wait for it….that’s a pretty good deal, because the normal price quoted for that season is $715 per night! for the 2 room unit and you would pay $900 for the single x5 nites.

Now. The nitty gritty of how to make your own reservation is pretty simple. I just give you the name and phone number of the travel agent, and the specific lady who is handling our reservations, plus my name and member number. No need to post the coupons, I can present them all on arrival. which will be Wednesday for me. (book in time is 2pm) and they can be left at reception I the name of any later arrivals.

Only concern is posting those details on open forum. There are limited coupons. I’m happy to use 10 all up (want some left for next year up North!). So They will have to correspond with the number of people given details ( or it could get very messy If you do the math!) Just remember it’s one coupon per room, so if you decide to take the share option only one of you should get the details and do the booking, You think?). so logically it needs to be one person keeping track and handing out info.

Will I email the details to you now CG, since I know you and GG are definite takers, that’s 2 coupons taken, there are 8 left. So what if I email the details to you too, UP? And if definite takers request one on here or by Email to you, Can you send the details to them? I am so unreliable with my phone and email thingy (Need an admin officer!) If UP keeps the count and lets it be known on here re numbers and when (if) the 8 are taken then that’s it. Sound like a plan ? I cant think of a better system, but am open to other suggestions. Time is a factor.

So first in first served, girls, and you are very welcome. lettuce be landed! The WTF tour 1916 is open for business! xx Gyps

now where the hell did I put the record of those emails, really?..

CG, Not sure either now you’ve booked, but I will send you the details and you can ring my mob and see if they can intervene if you like. Gail and I are paying $379. each for a twin share. Happy for you to have the coupons. Just glad you are in somewhere!

Hi Gyps, GG will post tonight, I just phoned her,she’s still at work and her computer is on the blink lately but we are happy and thanks for the offer, another $133 savings would be lovely but as we are booked as she got this good deal from her travel agent, (better than I could find) so give them to others. Maybe if some are left, we will certainly use them next year when we come up to you because that COULD REALLY pull on the purse strings ? but we will come …..so be warned! ? xxxxx

Ok CG, glad you 2 are booked in, that makes 4 definites. And the Far North is no where near as expensive as the cities. Jeeze with me new Genny I could give you a good price for an off the grid experience! As long as there’s ice for our bourbon, we’ll be Jake, mate.

So glad I have an incentive to get back on track. have managed with 200cals today so far. Onwards!

UP I sent you an email with booking details to pass on. Hope that’s ok.

Just to clarify, everyone, The venue we have booked (GG,CG,Gyps, Gailo) is OAKS GOLDSBOROUGH APARTMENTS – 243 PYRMONT ST, DARLING HARBOUR.

There are 10 deal coupons still up for grabs. Stake your claim!

Afternoon Team.Hope you have all had a FAB FD.
    The good news is CG and I are booked in at the OAKS GOLDOBROUGH APARTMENTS As from today. I booked through FLIGHT CENTRE and we have a studio apartment with 2 beds self contained great kitchen and lounge room 1 comfy bedroom overlooking the city oven, microwave TV. for $1025 FOR BOTH OF US,,, $200 deposit . The final payment is January. This was their best price.I am sure a deal can be made with airfare included. YES …..the advice is good to book now as there are shows and the like happening on our dates of 16th -21st March 2016.Please think about booking soon so we can all have a FAB time.
    GYPS thanks so much for the coupon offer ….don’t think we can use them as I have paid the deposit.
    SO team please contact UP for our. emails. AND UP >>>>THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING OUT
    love on wings C U AT the weigh in………GO GAL XXXXXX

Weighted in today and lost 1.1kg in 2 fasting…mind you did do a 8 k walk with grandson in the pusher which may have helped. I’m very pumped and enjoy reading ideas on the forums, just hoping that I can be good on my non fasting days. We will see next thursday when I way in. I’m still trying to work out best way to tackle fasting days, as by 3 in the arvo I am a little ratty, i have been drinking a ton of water and herbal teas. I will try the carrot sticks next week if i’m feeling the same. Loving the love on the forums….great support and it keeps me motivated. thanks

Annie well done, now that’s the motivation you need, you may find tomorrow the scales are even less ? that happens quite often. The arvo can be long, keeping busy or a Nanny nap if possible really helps. You learn to handle what really is hunger against thirst or boredom. Celery stuffed with cottage cheese is another good snack to have with a milky coffee, but remember to count it into your daily intake. I often have a glass of Zero coke as its filling and zero cals. Mineral water is good too. Stick with it, we are always here to help you, check in daily and join our disjointed conversations too, your more than welcome ? have a lovely evening, oh, a Jarrah hot chocolate on fast days helps ease the urge for a sweet too, low cal also xxxxxxx

PS, Hey UP, On the recent subject of your under wear, thought you might like this little gem…

I’LL TAKE YOU DRIVING IN MY BRA….
    (From my Cross-eye-Jill collection)

The frustrations I feel when buying a bra
    Can be likened to those when choosing a car
    The picture you wish them both to present
    Is one that is streamlined with never a dent!

When you have one that suits, but its day is long past
    You take desperate measures to make the thing last
    But at last it gives in to metal fatigue
    The desired performance is out of its league

When, with all of your efforts your bra (car) you can’t mend
    You must bid fond farewell to a poor worn out friend
    With a last final sigh in retirement you park it
    Then gird up your courage and head for the market

If you’re one of the wealthy, the lucky elite
    You may save lots of hassles and sore blistered fee
    You simply trot off to a house of repute
    And get them to make you one that will suit

But if you’re one of my mob, who’s short of a quid
    You must take the best offer that suits your low bid
    If you cannot afford a custom built job
    Then be wary of persons whose aim is to rob!

Now…. No hardworking salesperson would i think to abuse
    But… I can’t help believing they’re trained to confuse!
    There are those who will leave you your digits to twiddle
    Whilst other persist in your pocket to piddle!

The old make you had was trusted and true
    They’ll say…”It’s superseded and simply won’t do!”
    They trot out the out the β€˜latest’ in all shapes and sizes
    And many a defect their prattle disguises…

These new sporty models I find I can’t cop
    When I’m freezing to death ’cos the thing has no top!
    When the pitch is just perfect when rounding the curves
    You can bet the new catches will get on your nerves

When the gap β€˜tween the points is too perfect to mention
    There’s bound to be problems to do with suspension!
    If things are too tight you’ll seize up the nipple
    And if it goes on too long your performance you’ll cripple

While you tear out your hair, on the verge of insanity!
    Some crafty sales person will work on your vanity
    You’ve consulted your purse and made the right choice
    When deftly they’ll lead you towards the β€˜Rolls Royce!’

Indeed, it’s a beauty! With padded interior
    It’s opulent size makes yours look inferior
    They have planted the seed of dissatisfaction
    But…. don’t be deceived or led to distraction…

I’ll tell you no lie, the Rolls may look finer
    But you’ll get better mileage from your β€˜Mini Minor!’
    There’ll be no surprises when, with your boyfriend you park
    And he checks your ignition out there in the dark!

So you’ve settled the deal and your money you’ve paid
    Just trust your own judgement and don’t be dismayed
    You’ve been through this before and know what you’re about
    As you head for the highway to try the thing out….

You’ll know the proof of the purchase lies out in the street
    If when cruising along a male driver you meet
    You’ll know you’ve bought a bargain this bright sunny morn
    The thing’s a success if that man blows his horn!

MCB
    … nearly the end of FD….. ta all for the distraction…xx gyps,

Hi All!
    So glad to see all the excitement mounting for the WTF Tour!! Let’s hope that apartment complex is sound-proofed, because I think it’s going to be needed!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚
    CG – so happy for you that you worked out the kinks during your aerobics session. You have come such a long way and you are able to enjoy so many more things now. It’s very wise to have someone to help with the heavy work in the garden and you get to have great company for the day too, so it’s win/win! πŸ™‚
    Gyps – well done on finding accommodation at a reasonable price for the WTF Tour and how generous of you to share the coupons….not surprising, now that I know you better πŸ™‚ :)….definitely a white witch! I hope they have a landing spot on the roof for your broomstick when you fly in. Oh…but I’m forgetting that you’re a modern witch who will be arriving in style in the famous gypsybelle!!
    UP – glad your tests went well and hope you enjoyed your painting….sounds so peaceful and therapeutic. Yes, my mum was one very capable lady, also warm-hearted, generous and with a smile that could light up a room. Feeling quite emotional looking at the brick wall that went up yesterday in my outdoor eating/storage area…the bricks come from her grandparents stables and outbuildings and I know she would be so proud to see them being given a new lease of life. Well done for helping everyone to keep in touch directly about arrangements for the reunion.
    GG – looks like the stage is set for a great reunion; little did you think a few months ago when you had the first get-together what would grow out of it!!!! Should be a blast πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Had unexpected visitor who came bearing scones…and also going for meal with two sisters-in-law later so think FD will wait until tomorrow. Have fun everyone whatever the day holds xxxx

Hi gyps. Will be looking into things tomorrow. Dog tired tonight after another successful fast day and very busy day to boot!,and off to the land of nod. Would love a coupon.

[deleted by request]

Hi CG ,GG or gyps. I do not have anybody’s contact emails, how do I get them or give you mine? Do I just post it on this forum? I seem to have started something with WTF did not know what that was before this. Loving that it was picked up to name the reunion.??????

Good morning team, we have the most beautiful morning here. One I wish I could clone ? planning to get on the ride on later, just one of those days to be out there. How’d you go with fasting and weigh in? I’m planning to fast today, so a great day for salads ☺️ so nice and easy. (Good day for a bourbon and zero too ?)
    PH, UP posted an email address we all replied to with our addresses, hopefully she will post it again and you can reply. She will send you all our address then ?
    We have a long week end now with the footy grand final, so heaps of tourists around, please stay safe, take your time if on the roads. Nothing is so urgent it is risking your life over.
    Have a wonderful day team, hopefully with family or doing something you love, I’ll check in later, and Gyps, thank you for the lovely communication ? xxxxxx

Had a lovely meal out the with sisters-in-law but will certainly need FD tomorrow!
    Seems I missed a load of posts earlier that crossed with mine because I had to suspend writing while I entertained my visitor.
    Doggy – hope you start to feel properly better soon but in the meantime, don’t stress about weight – you will tackle that all in good time. I think your new four Ps should be: patience, pleasure, pampering and Pepper (for company and entertainment)! Xxxxx
    SJ – I agree that the WTF tour is good blend of Irish and Aussie humour and traits….should be a blast! So happy for you and OH to celebrate the success of his paintings…..best of luck for the next one. Breakfast on patio sounds pretty idyllic too πŸ™‚
    Gyps – you have surpassed yourself with the bra poem; almost wet myself laughing (hope that’s not too much information for you gals!!) I have had many an experience of both cars and bras that I could identify with…..it’s a whole other set of problems when you have practically nothing to put in a bra! πŸ˜‰ You are so witty and gifted with words; one of your best yet!! Can’t wait to read what you write after the WTF tour! (That’s if it’s printable!) πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚
    Yes, PH, it’s all down to you that the reunion now has it’s own title!!! UP was facilitating information on all our contact details, so I’m sure she’ll respond to let you know how to get in on the act. XX

Best news first..lost another Kg. That is 5 in 5 weeks.. Absolutely stoked. The three fast days certainly made up for my breakouts. Now if I can control the breakouts I can get back to 5.2. ????

The next good news is that I have. Booked for the reunion..?????found available flights and was able to redeem points on frequent flyers so that means transport all sorted.✈️✈️✈️ Then looked up Oaks at darling harbour and booking.dot.com had a special on it today for $706 fully refundable or $603 non refundable..so rang the appartments direct and they matched the price..which they always do as it saves them commission. I am just staying 3 nights as that is all the budget can handle for a non share. However I have ordered 2 singles so that if I am not great mobility wise at the time can bring a friend/carer with me.

Should be lots of ?????????????happening at the Oaks in March..can’t wait..My flight on the Saturday does not leave Sydney till 4.30pm so will have at least half of sat to spend with you as well. YAHOoooooooooooo.???
    So gyps will not need any coupons but thanks heaps for the offer. It would be good if our studio appartments were reasonably close so not much walking between?
    LOVE THE POEM..also love the idea of an off the grid experience..when we first moved out to our acerage we lived in an unlined kit home that we got second hand and OH and a friend of ours erected it… No power for the first 4 months. It was the best time as it felt like we were camping. Just had a big wood barbecue for cooking and a water container on it for hot water and a genny for lights etc. Pull up bucket shower and fortunately our own good beds. Loved it.. And

Waiting to see how everyone went this week. Hope it was successful for everyone.

SJ thanks for posting update on everyone. Congrats to OH with painting sales and hope you enjoyed the celebration
    Fit..you mum does sound like one in a million. Reminds me of my grandmother..

Annie..congrats on your loss and well done with the long walk!! Fasting days do get better and I am amazed that I can now go till around 2pm without needing to eat. Then you have only a short time to spread your 500cals. When I first started I struggled as well then just made sure I ate my protien, two hard build eggs are great as you can easily carry them with you anywhere you go to have when you are hungry.
    Where are you Dove and Bev? Hope you are doing OK.

UP. Just reading back through posts and it appears we can contact you re emails etc. can you help me get direct contact, and if so what do I need to do???☎️☎️How did the meatballs go your daughter made? I too have thought of taking up painting now that I have retired . Will get to it someday when I have done all the other things I want to do. So many things to do..so little time..Thanks heaps.

Heaps of posts crossed I have been posting in spits and spurts.. Thanks for the info..

PH what good news and another one on board for our reunion, wow, it is really taking shape now ?….. Off to get some chores done before things heat up here …. Xxxxx

PH – delighted to hear that you will be able to make the reunion. Up is having some problems posting here so asked someone to give you her email address so you can email her and she will reply with the list of contacts for everyone – her address is uptightoutasight0@gmail.com – hope you are well enough to enjoy the reunion and well done on your loss xx
    Annie – fantastic results for you too. Do you have breakfast on your FDs? I used to split my 500 calories between breakfast and evening meal and that worked well for me in the beginning. I have changed now to not eating at all during the day until the evening and this works for me now, but I couldn’t have done that in the beginning because I was new to fasting and thought I would die if I didn’t eat for that length of time. Experiment and try to find the way that works for you….we all tweak as we go to keep mixing things up so that we keep our bodies guessing! Best of luck! πŸ™‚

Morning all onto another FD for me so had my morning coffee and onto keeping busy for the day. It’s a warm but cloudy day so will see how long the back holds out with some gardening. A bit of weeding but mostly trimming/tidying to do.
    PH great that you’ve booked in too. It’s looking good!
    Very short hello today as feeling a bit down so need to get outside & blow away the cobwebs – just the ongoing daughter saga. Gardening/being outside works wonders I find. Will talk to you all later. suejen XXXX

Morning all! Have been busy polishing the halo, Yesss, am back on topic! And down to 85kgs after a concentrated FD and at least some exercise.

The days seem to disappear with nothing achieved when one drifts into the retirement slump. Making a plan for the WTF tour has woken me to the need for daily commitment to some ‘extra’ effort if I am to get there in triumph! (as apposed to not living up to my image!) We all begin by putting our ‘preferred’ image ‘out there’ when meeting strangers. But you guys have brought me down to size (pardon the pun), and challenged me to put my money where my mouth is! (so enough of the puns already!) need to get serious! (Stop grinning , Zelda, you fool!)

Harrumph! Fit, (tearing my ‘abundant’ and now scraggy grey hair out to witchy tatters..) do stop inflating my ego or this forum will turn into an anthology of ‘me werks’! What happens on the trip stays on the trip (Hahhhh! haaa! ha!..Shuddup Zelda!)Of course I’m not going to blab the details WTF!

….’Twas on the eve of mayhem
    We arose to greet as one…
    What ere the fates decree
    We vow – It shall be DONE….
    ……………………………(Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of “WTF are we doing… really?!!!”)

So… (don’t take any notice of her!…).. back on topic…. After several months of only maintaining despite two fast days a week(whilst slackening off with the deliberate exercise) I have come to the conclusion that it is necessary to have movement in the plan for reduction.

At least after the first flush of success and when the dreaded plateau sets in stone. My initial loss of 10 kgs over 5ish months (From Jan 1st this year) plateaued to a 2ish kg zig zag that’s been ongoing since. As CG sez, it does seem that ones body decides that’s it’s at a happy weight and stops complying! But I agree also that maybe we get complacent and since we are happier, too, we lose focus on the goal. Or it shifts to enjoying more aspects of life than we could before. All good, but we must decide for ourselves if it is enough, and to kick start weight loss again, takes focus, and effort. (someone (?Suejen) posted a link to really good tips on plateau busting a few pages back. I’m planning to try all of them, starting with some exercise and a BTB fast today. Already into the fasting wafties, so will try to contain Zelda!

Fit, I do appreciate your posts, you never miss anyone and a kind word for all. I did reserve roof top parking for the broom! and…sigh.. life gets seriously funny in my brain when whatever “synaesthesia” off shoot I’ve got, turns sometimes the direst of situations, into a rhyming rhythm of words that makes my pen hand itch! Looove having a scientific tag for it, Ta, Up. so whether true or not, I’m sticking with it! Not funny, you mob, I had hell sometimes writing a straight nursing report in patient charts and even my shopping lists are a hazard. It’s definitely an affliction. Haaar, harr ha! and I feel so sorry for you lot entering into my association. All my friends end up with their reputations shot, and generally published in the name of charity. So proceed at your own risk. ….cackle… imagine what will come out of a reformed fat ladies convention….oh, dear, I do feel like a rum…best go lay an egg for the old boiler… later… I’ll find the bloody topic… promise…

PH, My email is gypsybell3@bigpond.com if all else fails we’ll sneak you in and I’ll bring a swag, just don’t miss the fun. YOU NEED THIS! xx gyps

OOps, many posts crossed. I see you’re all done and dusted PH. Great stuff! My coupons apply to carers, too, if anyone needs help in that direction. There’s still 10 available. Not to worry if we don’t use them this year, it will give us leeway to terrorize the north next time. All kinds of future group events could evolve. Including outback bus tours, coastal cruises, and don’t we pensioners get one free train ride to our state boarders? Think about invading a boarder town somewhere, sometime.?Coolangatter? Sometime.

First things first! But dreams are free… Budgets can be planned in advance. Holiday saving programs exists. The only missing element for most of us is motivation. And likeminded mates to have fun with. So we’ve solved the missing link. CG.GG and FB trialled the prototype. WTF, the inaugural tour is a goer! We can start planning as far ahead as we like, and find ways to make it happen, in any given numbers, but 1. You don’t have to be alone anymore.

I save 2 dollar coins in a small, plastic coke bottle. Full, it holds just over a thousand dollars. It may take years, but at one coin at a time you don’t miss it. There is much to be said for the cookie jar emergency kitty of small change. It builds to surprising amounts. Used to be my grandkids favourite xmas pressie to spend hours counting up their booty. Now it’s my turn. We don’t have to be rich to have a holiday, ladies. Once we break the ice friends tolerate each other’s snores, farts and foibles. and among us are pioneering innovaters of the fastest developing period in recorded history. We can find ways to have our cake and eat it, too! already have. Yay! 5:2!

Where is doitinparadise, anyway? and lotus and FB? How sad if they miss the tour in their own backyards.

Suejen, sorry you’re down. Need to find your Mojo. Never forget you have to show your kids how to be happy by example sometimes. And sometimes you have to take time out for being the patsy for all they dump in leiu of fixing. Hope you get to come with us. Congrats to Chris on the sale of his paintings.

Need to get up and (groan) exercise. Happy Friday all. xxGyps

Hi team, I have a request to all going to our reinion. I would like a list of your “dubbed” titles. I still don’t know if I was G.M Or P..M
    Lotuse I did dub “research office” due to all the fabulouse sites of interest she finds for us to read, so when you get a minute, please give me your “handle name” as well as your first name! I have a lovely surprise planned but need these bits of info ? please
    If no title has been designated please just give your 5:2 name, then christen name….then “team member”! I’m not open to guessing what it is, just a surprise I have planned! So even you who have not booked, but plan on comming, your help would be appreciated ?
    Happy day team xxxxxxx

Hear hear Gyps to sj, your life is yours to live sj, get out and enjoy, two paintings sold too, what a thrill, but not surprising, just glorious work
    Gyps totally agree regarding the money box, I went on a cruise a few years back, my first holiday in 40 years, so our plans are a welcome blessing to me, anyway, the lass I went with, saved all her $5 notes,n( in a coffee jar) even requested the them when getting change, it pretty much paid fir her holiday? So get to it team, if this reunion is out of the question, the next one is in Far north Qld, Gyps can you repost the name, so it gives you all time to save ? life is too bloody short not to realise your dreams, as my Mum used to say ” money is only a survival kit” so you have worked hard all your life and deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labour. Pensions don’t go far I know, but small gold coins in a jar soon add up….and you don’t miss them ?.. Xxxxx

Hello everyone. I’ve just speed read the posts as there is so much going on. I’m almost afraid to say this in case I’m hexed BUT I’m starting to feel better at last. Don’t know if it’s the tonic or Gypsy’s candles but I’m delighted. I’ll probably wait another few days before starting the 5:2 again though as Michael doesn’t approve of fasting if one is ill.
    It’s school holidays here in Tassie and what with the Grand Final tomorrow our small community is bursting at the seams. It’s usually very quiet and peaceful but not now. Everyone seems to have brought their dogs too and between Pepper and the other dogs it’s very noisy. Thank goodness they will probably all push off home again on Sunday.
    It sounds as though quite a few of you are going to be able to go to the get together in Sydney. I’d have joined you but will be overseas at that time.
    Enjoy your day team and GO THE HAWKS.
    XX Doggy

Hello, First week second fast was a stress, but it really made me think about how badly I have been eating. Weighed in this morning -1.1kg lost so over the moon, I know it can be put down to water weight but hey it is a loss. Now totally motivated to stick with it. LD

LD, that’s how we all started and it’s the beginning of your own motivation. No matter what is being lost it is a loss. Congratulations, it will start falling off you with each fast, and they do get easier, especially when you see results on the scales, you tend to try harder ? well done xxxx

I’m sitting out on the back deck, it’s cooler this side of the house, finished mowing, boys by my side, and watering the green house with the sprinkler system….AND, with a well earned cold one ? so much for fasting today, but will be conscious of my PC ? magic day team, get out and enjoy if you can xxxx Doggie glad all the “spells” worked xxxxx

Hello everyone, it is a beautiful blue and golden afternoon.

Congratulations to everyone with great results! Annie and Dove and PH!
    I am most of the way through a Fast Day and this one has been as easy as pie… but the last one was such hard work! It is a strange thing. I will see if it might have anything to do with what I ate the days before.

Doggie that is great news! May the wellness trend continue!

It is exciting to see the Reunion coming together. You will have such fun.
    I am having a stressful time ironing out troubles with my food project, so I am just concentrating day by day. However I can mostly keep up with posts, or have a skim through if I haven’t time to concentrate!

And I do have time to send lots of good wishes. Here they come!

GYPS sent you an email ……GO GALxx

PH so glad you have booked. Look so forward to our WTF meeting. GO GALxxx

PH if you email UP at uptightasightO@gmail.com she will send you my mobile no….. look forward to hearing from you….hugs GO GALxxx

Great minds think alike CG, chores done and dusted, exercised, including wts, vibration platform shakeup and 10 minute bike with High intensity bursts. Completed a 48hr FD period from Wed arve to now, 5 0’clock Friday! (under 800cals in that time) and my final walk was to the fridge! Tore into a leg of chicken with relish and just opened a bottle of Brown Brother’s Sav Blanc. Himself is well fed and happily off to the pub raffles to enjoy grand final hype with mates.

Feeling very deserving! Cheers!

So where were we? CG, did you mean: Conferred title, posting name and actual Christian name?

Hmm, Agreed, the Title issue does need clarification – can’t have the untagged representing our rabble in a public place! Thinking we should have those conference stick-on name tags, In case anyone gets lost on the tour(can’t think who?) or maybe finds the foreign wine gets the better of their sense of direction (if not all sense). Lemme see….Everyone should have a title.
    Dunno what mine is, you lot will have to divine that (tho I do recall some impudent person referring to me as “Matron” somewhere down the posts?)

However, Heh, heh, (reaching for second suck of the sav and cracking knuckles… ) I believe I can help with others…

Well, CG, you are still “Madam President” if that was getting hazy. (There are many offshoots from that, but, no slang, please! this is a serious matter!)

Suejen is “Madam secretary” Alias ‘The Muse’, of course.

GG is “The Treasure” Nothing to dig for there.

Lotus is “Reserch Officer” so let’s hope she does find us!

Fit, I believe, is the “Rainbow Consultant” (Doesn’t she always find the pot of gold in everyone?)

UP, of course is our “Culture Queen”, The globe trotting connoisseur who saves us all a passport. You think? well, if the bra fits, wear it! Proudly!

PH is fast becoming the “Merry Moticon” (must teach me how!) Her outstanding success in the battle of the bulge is a motivational badge in itself. (We salute her merry little larrikins!)

Dawg is definitely in chardge of “Animal Control” Her illustrious efforts are just peppered with triumph!

We need to work on the rest of the team (while I get another drink).

As a matter of interest, I’ve always considered my mate, Gailo, to be the female counterpart of the Godfather, so for tour identification she is dubbed “The Gawdmuther”. She is an off line devotee, so no penalties need apply. If we you require the 3 name categories for you secret project, CG (I sooo love secrets!) Then relevant from my end is:

Me: ‘Matron’ -(I think) – gypsybell – Marie
    My friend: let’s call her ‘Newby’ since it’s her initiation to group 5:2. So it’s: ‘Gawdmuther’ – Newby – Gailo.
    Hope that helps your nefarious secret to unfold, Madam Pres. My stars are beautiful in the Northern sky, May they shine down of on all your worlds. Cheers! Gyps

UP

Thank Gyps, ( I did start calling you our Matron, but if you don’t like it someone suggested White Witch the other day) although I still think Matron captures your knowledge and ability to not only care, but take charge ?….anyway ta for the list……that’s perfect. If any of our newbies come along, and you are welcome, we will soon find them a title. YUM YUM, are you coming to the reunion?? Or any member from our past?? Even just for a day or two for a carch up, or a meal and happy hour??? ? it would be lovely……xxxxxxx

The other thing I will need is a confirmed list of members who will be attending, wether your staying or just calling in….☺️ xxxxxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 8,201 through 8,250 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.