Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 14,786 total)

• Good morning Team (I like that so much CG, that I’m adopting it )Have a great one all you fasters of the day. I’m finding it easier and easier in the mornings….a big thing for a breakfast lover like me! I’m going to have a mini wrap with salad for brunch….then a turkey kebab and stir fry for dinner…..I’ve gotten so used to just having the two meals on fast days now (with nothing between except water and green tea) that I’m able to make them a bit higher cal each….I still never go over about 470 cals though, to allow for measuring mistakes or a snack if I do need it….

Welcome to all our newbies….Nanna54 I’m sure you will find this a sustainable way of eating and life and keep those kg’s off this time!

Fastina…I would suggest trying to swap your fasting days around if you can (I’ve a couple of things coming up which I will do that with)….or maybe if you can go for a week of keeping your cals down to around 1000 a day? (depending on your TDEE of course)that way you could probably have a light meal and a higher cal one at your function?

And Kimie….well done on giving it another go….it DOES get better….I’m usually a very hungry person, but I find that my appetite has really changed and slowed down…..keeping busy is the best thing….if I get a bit desperate in the arvo….I just hop on here and read this forum, or play a game on computer….with a nice glass of plain mineral water….it helps

Linanaf….how great to have your sister on here and taking the 5:2 journey together. Welcome Shazza-B.

LETS DO IT DETERMINED AUSSIES! 🙂

Hi all, and yes Foxy , it is good to have my little sis here :)We don’t get to see one another too often. Fast day going great so far. I too used to be a morning breakfast eating person. I would dread going anywhere on an empty stomach for fear of feeling nauseous. Now even on non fast days I leave eating till late as possible. Breaky sometimes around 9.30 or 10am. I had my usual yummy salad with a slice of salmon ( my new fast day treat)and today also had a home brand chicken noodle soup, at a whopping 34 cals! (thank you little sis) Welcome aboard newbies 🙂 Hope you all have a great fast day 🙂

🙂

Hey Lindanaf and Foxy
    I am exactly the same. if I eat brekky, then it triggers my hunger and I keep on thinking about food.
    I am planning on water fast today. just had my cappuccino in the am and going strong, still not hungry. (4.30 pm)
    I may grab a cucumber and cherry tomato salad for dinner if I am hungry at meal time. But I like this much better and easier to manage.

Evening everyone and welcome to new members. And know we have a SISTER ACT!
    I did not fast today. I really am finding with work being so busy at this time my fast days are not going well. I would rather relax and enjoy my fast like I did last Thursday, so I will do them on my days off, I will still weigh in on Fridays.
    Fat blaster _love the chessecake recipe, you are doing so well I can hear the confidence and strength coming out when reading your posts >>>>> SO PROUD of you (XXXX).
    Enjoy your evening Girls and Boys……. GO GAL

Hello to All.
    I’m new to the forum. Just getting back on the 5-2 fast diet I lost about 35 lbs over 5 months when I was on this diet back in 2012-2013. I’m looking to lose it again as I found it back. This is my first fast day since starting back. Wish me luck.

Hi Simple Man, your more than welcome to join us, how disappointed you must be. It was a terrific loss, did you gain much of it back? I guess it’s the age old story of relaxing too much after being on any diet. We are here to help and support you, your AUSSIE DETERMINATION will kick in once you get to know the rest of the team, we are all pushing the long term haul because we know WE CAN DO IT….CG

Yes I gained it all back. Not really sure why I got off but as a stress eater I have put it back on. I too am getting back on the FD 5 2 as of today. For me it wasn’t that hard on my fast days as I tried to keep my meals simple. At first I started out on low cal low card low fat foods and after a while mostly just started watching the calories. Monday and Thursday were my fast days and I would usually do two 300 cal meals a day with no snacks between. Would limit my beverages to water , unsweet tea and a diet soda or 2 on my days. On the other 5 days I ate whatever kinda foods I wanted but did not over eat on those days. This is also how I plan on starting back.

Well that’s great, you know the secrets, the ” how to” so you’ll have no problems again. We are here to help you ” back on the horse” good luck….CG

Woo Hoo Guys I made it through my first FD!!! I only had a large apple around 2-ish and then steamed brown rice and vegies for tea…total of 491 calories for the day. Managed to keep my mind and hands busy.

Just wanted to welcome Simple Man and good luck with your FD. Thank you to everyone who welcomed me and all the support. Thanks again everyone. Kimi

Good morning team. How did you go with your fast yesterday. How about sharing your menu with us all, share some ideas. I had some turkey sliced with baby roma tomatoes and cucumber for lunch then an omelette with spinach, mushroom, and spring onion diced with 2 eggs, really hit the spot for dinner. Quite cold today in country Vic so good comfort food day. Soup for lunch, pork chop baked with heaps of veg’s for dinner. Have a great day. Normal eating day but be mindful of what you eat. Do you really need it or do you just want it. YOU CAN DO IT. Think of a better alternative. Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION be your guide……have a great day, be good to yourself…….CG

Goooood Morning All
    Welcome newbies and a re assurance that there is a lot of support available here. I can vouch for it 🙂

GO GAL…. I am so glad that I have started to believe in myself again. I think that the confidence that you hear is coming from a feeling that I am not alone. You and many others are there to support me and I CAN DO IT TOO…. Thanks one and all…
    Also, I am like you as I prefer to fast on days when I am not working as I find it much easier. I don’t know why 🙂 🙂 🙂

Fast Day yesterday was under 250 cals. Had a cup of skinny cappuccino in morning (no sugar) followed by green and herbal teas through out the day. Dinner was 110 grams of Lebanese cucumber and 90 grams of sliced tomatoes with lemon and salt. And a bottle of Lightly sparkling water here n there. All up was approx 250 cals. I kept my fast day cals so low intentionally to overcome the excess that I ate on weekend.

However, I have noticed that such low cal fast day makes it difficult to sleep. I was a bit uncomfortable all through the night and had a kind of tingling feeling in my legs. Pretty much something telling me that I was low on energy.

Well, its normal day today and time for another skinny cappuccino with 2 Teddy bear biscuits. This will help me regain some lost energy from yesterday.

Wow Countrygal, omelette with spinach, mushroom, and spring onion sounds yum. Looks like this will be my dinner for fast day tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas!!

It was yum FB and because I was light on cals I was able to finish my day with a skinny Cappuccino (Moccona) so slept like a baby.
    Foxy and GoGal, do you remember me trying a few weeks back just to get in the 80’s….well this morning 87(.9)…. Yahoooo, big goal now to drop the .9, so if that doesn’t give you all incentive I don’t know what will. 94.5 six weeks ago and now look!
    I know it’s not weigh in day but had to share it cause come Friday….as we all know…it could be a different story. Take care….CG
    Ps FB forgot to say I also had a few stems of asparagus in the omelette, very satisfying.

WooooHooooo Country Gal, I am doing a happy dance for your achievement. This is really a big incentive. Awesome work….. who knows that you may lose another 0.9 by Friday. You Rock!!!

FB I just updated my tracker AND I’ve lost 20cm over all, no wonder my clothes are feeling lose. Boy, now I just wanna keep going and going, I’ve also notice my energy level is at a high, my cupboards have never been so tidy, I can actually find things in my pantry again!….CG

This all wonderful news for you CG. I too am dancing around the house for you!!!!!
    Just sooooooooo happy for you!That is the best achievement in our threads history.
    You are an inspiration to each and every one of us…. LOTS OF HUGSxxxx…..GO GAL

Oh where is the LIKE button! Just so happy for you CG….what a great achievement, well done…. 🙂 🙂 You can kiss those nineties goodbye forever….and soon the eighties too if you want!

I broke my rule and weighed myself this morning…..78kg….was so hoping to be 77 by end of October, but will be happy come Friday if I am under 78….even though I’ve done two fasts since Friday last, only 300g has come off….this will be a slow and steady journey for me….which I admit, I’m having trouble getting my head around…..when I did WW I lost a kg or more a week….easily…but I was in my 20s so I suppose I can’t expect that anymore

Still my AUSSIE DETERMINATION is STRONG!

Love the sound of that omelette CG….do you use any fats to cook it in? Or just a non stick pan? I have heaps of spinach in garden atm so might make one for Thursday fast

I tried those Konjac noodles in my stir fry last night….they weren’t too bad after all!

Have a great day everyone! Kezza

Hi Foxy, just the slightest squart of olive oil spray, throw spinach blocks ( frozen x 2) in pan with 2-3 chopped spring onions, 3-4 asparagus spears, chopped, a few diced champignons which give the teeth something to chew, then lid on to steam as ice in spinach gives of the moisture. Just stir around after a few minutes, beat 2 eggs with a bit of water and pour over the veg, I put the smallest sprinkle of grated light cheese on top. When almost set, put under the grill….YUM! I have so many farm fresh eggs and have to use them up and this was one way so low cal! Good luck let me know girls how you go. Of course you can add diced bacon or ham too depending how many cals you have left…..CG

Thanks CG…..I will use spinach from my garden, wilted down and I’m so lucky to have my own four little girls who give me the most beautiful free range eggs! 🙂

Exactly, fresh is best, I don’t have any growing at the moment, my silver beet became a nice treat for all the sparrows living in my castwellon hedge, got sick of netting it, they still found a way in, so good old Logan Farm frozen does for the time being…all the best…CG

Hi all, great to read what’s happening with you. I had a successful fast day yesterday (bar 180kcal which I wont talk about which might have taken me just over the 500, although what I will say is that I didn’t go back for another one!) Feeling good this morning and hoping I can soon combine the fasting with some light exercise. Bye for now Reldz.

Whooooping 20 cms lost. This is a serious achievement Countrygal. really hope that you are able to loose that 0.9 by end of this week. All the best. And thanks heaps for the recipe. i think I will add a teaspoon of low fat ricotta for some creamy texture. Will let you know how I go…
    Foxy… “my own four little girls”. This is such a cute way to address them. I have never had any pets, and being a vegetarian by choice, I really appreciate that you take good care of these little precious creatures. Well done!!!!

Reldz, I am trying to combine exercise at least 3 to 4 times a week. however, for some reason or other I am only able to squeeze max of 2 days for exercise. i guess my 3.5 year old keeps me busy and that gets counted towards exercise too 😉

Hey Foxy…. I’m 78kgs now. Lets both challenge ourselves to be 70 kgs by the 15th of December… What say you?……. GO GAL

Hey Foxy n mum (GG)

Its 7 weeks to 15 December. Approx 1.15 kilos per week. DETERMINATION…DETERMINATION & DETERMINATION

I am already imagining people at Christmas / New Years not even recognizing new Foxy and GG.

Wow, this is getting interesting now. ALL THE BEST!!!

Thanks FB for doing the maths.Let’s all do the challenge and yes make it an interesting 7 weeks, 1.5kgs /week is high & possibly an unrealistic goal
    Maybe 75kgs is a more realistic goal.
    I got a bit carried away.. I’m doing a back to back fast need foooooood now!!
    SORRY ……GO GAL

Good luck girls, I wish you luck, but it’s a bit beyond me. I’ll be little by little by little I’m afraid. I don’t see how I can do anymore than I’m doing now and keep it sustainable. I’m keeping this easy for me not a self challenge and I’m happy with the way it’s going. If you make it next Xmas I’d be in it maybe. If I can loose another 7k’s by Xmas yahoo but doubt it….again good luck girls and be good to yourselves……..CG

MY dearest buddy… with the success that you are having You will be there before us well, certainly me……love ya GO GAL

Thanks for the vote of confidence dear girl, good luck with the double fast, can’ t be easy for you, take care mate…CG

Hi there, I recently purchased a couple of (older) books on ebay by Dr John Tickell, “The Great Australian Diet 2” and the Recipe Book. Thought it may have some good ideas for my non-fast days!! (Need all the help I can get) Here’s a great tip for those of us who love eggs!! I got my calorie info off MFPal so I assume it is near correct!! One large egg has approx. 74cal.. One large egg white has 17cal so we can assume the yolk is worth approx. 57Cal… So by just eating one quarter of the yolk (for flavour!!) you can cut your calorie intake by approx. 42cal PER EGG!!! That it just awesome!! now we can eats a 2 eggs (3/4 yolk removed) instead of 1 and still have less calories!! (64 cal) Please double check my arithmetic, been awhile!! Just thought I’d share Dr John’s hint. Gotta read more to get some more tips!!! 🙂

Hi Gogal….I am up for a challenge….I try and lose 3kg a month if I can….but I will join you for 75kg by 15 December ( I am actually hoping to be this by end of November if I can)…..I just don’t think I’d be able to lose 8kg in 7 weeks!

Thanks FB….you are a real sweetie! 75 kg will be a real landmark for me!

Ok, Countrygal, Foxy n Go Gal,
    I want to enter the challenge too.
    I was 80.2 kgs at my last weigh in on Saturday.
    But I want to aim for 5 kilos in 7 weeks until 15 December. So, my target will be 75 kgs too.
    Until 15 dec, in 7 weeks, works out to be approx 0.75 kg per week.
    With AUSSIE DETERMINATION…. I will.
    Let’s do it ……I WANT TO BUST THIS FAT…..

Good morning team, another fast day tomorrow. HAVE YOU PLANNED? Most of us are finding it quite easy now and come up with some great ideas which we can share. Weigh in Friday so we are all getting excited to see the news. Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kick in, it has proven to be a strength for us all. You know YOU CAN DO IT, you now know you can say NO to the wrong choices, make your scales your friend not the enemy, the choice is yours. Be good to yourself, it’s not a fast day today, I’m going out for lunch today and fish in bear batter is sounding good but will probable opt for the caesar salad instead and enjoy it just as much. Take care of yourselves team and good luck…..CG

Go Gal, good luck today with your back to back fast too, YOU CAN DO IT mate, let the AUSSIE DETERMINATION sustain you, CG

Good Morning All

Thanks CG for your motivating posts every morning. really helps me get going.

Fast day for me today as I am doing 4:3 again this week.
    Just had a skinny cappuccino for breakfast (well, not really a breakfast) and for lunch, homemade salad with 30 grams brown rice, 50 grams Lebanese cucumber, 40 grams tomatoes, 30 grams capsicum, 30 grams frozen corn with lemon , salt n pepper and a teaspoon f hot chili sauce to spice it up. All up 185 cals for a big enough bowl to fill me up at lunch time.
    I have noticed that by using kitchen scales, i can control the portions as guess work goes out of the window. Scales really help me feel confident about my calorie intake on fast days too. Surely, a good investment of $20 🙂

I think dinner will be either homemade pumpkin soup (no fat) or maybe a clear veggie soup with Konjac noodles. And a big cucumber with lemon and salt….

FB, thanks for the compliment on my mornings posts, it’s just a way of letting everyone know YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I agree about the kitchen scales, mine are on the kitchen bench 24/7 and it does become habit. Your day sounds really well planned out, all low cal but filling, that’s the key, don’t forget to add some protein, bit of chicken or an egg to your salads, it’s surprising the difference it makes and keeps you fuller for longer. Well done FB, have a great day…..CG

Good Morning Aussie Ds, it’s great to be part of such an active and supportive group – Go Aussie Spirit. Well I started on the 5:2 two weeks ago; probably timing was a bit off as in the first week I jetted off to Melbourne for a five-day weekend, including two days in a conference. I was disciplined, however, and although I fasted only one day during the trip I did make good food choices. Since then I’ve been doing 4:3 with fast days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Mondays and Fridays I have breakfast and dinner and on Wednesday I’m trying to just have dinner. Today is the second Wednesday I’ve tried this and so far, so good.
    It seems to me that fast days aren’t really presenting a problem for me, but on the day after a fast I find that I feel quite tired and yawn a lot (a bit embarrassing when talking with someone). Does anyone else feel the same? Otherwise I feel great and so far I’ve lost 1.5kg.

Hi Solegirl and welcome to our very supportive thread. I’m the opposite, my energy level seem to peek. I don’t have trouble sleeping as others do. I guess this new way of life effects us all differently. Someone will have an answer for you so hang in there girl, your doing well…..CG

Good morning Team! 🙂

FB…..that’s great you are joining the challenge, sounds like you will have no trouble achieving it! I like your fast menu for today, wholesome and simple….I will have to check out brown rice….thought it might have too many cals….my scales sit on the bench all the time too

CG…..I too find I have heaps of energy after a fast day, I get a lot done….yesterday I got up at 5:30am….cleaned bathroom and vacuumed bedroom and dusted before breakfast…..watered the gardens, took dog for hours walk, caught my chickens and washed all their feet, did two hours mosaicing…..planted seedlings….and in between did the washing and housework and cooked the meals! 🙂

I usually sleep very well too…..I get tired very suddenly after my fast dinner….but I do get cold at night…

Welcome Solegirl to our wonderful and supporting thread.

Have a great day everyone…..I’m having my little grandaughter for the morning,then working in arvo, so looking forward to action packed day .

Kokotango…..meant to say thank you for your egg tips….I’m going to have an omelette for my fast day tomorrow….I might make it with one whole egg and an egg white…that way I can cut down the cals a bit and have a salad with it

Hey CG, yes I will include maybe 20 or 30 grams of shredded tofu to my soup tonight. Thanks for reminding me about protein 🙂 You are a star.

Solegirl, you have done so well for first two weeks. Even when you were out and about, you still managed to lose 1.5 kgs. If you wish, then let us know more about your weight loss goals, like how much you want to loose and so on..that is:- if you want to share that, no pressure 😉

Foxy, OMG that is so much of work for a day. I love the part of catching chickens and washing their feet. I kinda chuckled at that.

Looks like you don’t need any exercise, you are working out a lot more by managing these chores. And yes, brown rice is a bit more in calories. This is why I used only 30 grams, but makes a very filling salad with lots of veggies.
    30 grams brown rice is 107 calories in itself, so key is to control on portion and; to be precise I make sure to put those kitchen scales at work.

Also, forgot to mention GO GAL…. ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR BACK TO BACK FAST. 🙂

Kokotango, thanks heaps for the tips. Will await more tips as you are doing the hard work of reading the book. It is so sweet of you to share these findings with all of us here.

HI BABA,FB that is . Just so proud of you!!!!!You must never doubt your strengh of mind ,love and friendship . I really cannot wait to hear how your Mum n sis react to this wonderful person you are. When is the holiday?
    This challenge I actually set for my self.Though I am concerned that my multi nodular goitre (Thyroid) may be the set back. I am not on any meds & have been up and down with my weight since turning 50. I was 78kgs 5mths ago until my cousin came to stay started cooking salted caramel ice cream and other baking treats that’s when 82 kgs hit. then it was so hard to fight against the thyroid and 7 days of treats. SO my AUSSIE DETERMINATION will get me there. Now back to my treadmill this time with the fan . its hot today. I wish I could see you!
    Thank the stars for 5:2. LOTS OF LOVE…….GO GAL

Awww… Thank you so much GO GAL, I had tears of happiness in my eyes by reading your post. You are so so sweet, actually, the way I always wanted mum to be. Thank you so much for being here. I so want to meet you as well. You make me feel loved and wanted with your posts.

I guess setting the targets will help to push ourselves further. If we meet the target, we will celebrate and if we dont…. well, we will still celebrate each other’s success and will hit the road to try again.

The holiday is in March 2015. I have full 4 months before I go. I really hope to be around 70 kilos by then. And now, i have come to realization that if I hit 70 kilos that will be awesome, however if I don’t…. I will still enjoy my holiday as its ME TIME and I wont let anyone ruin it.

Mum n sis will still see me fat at 70 kilos (if I achieve that) and taunt about my big butt, when we go for shopping. They have always been like that and I used to cry.

Will NOT cry this time as I am the one dealing with heart problems and going through so much…. I don’t deserve that and I am not going to stop myself from showing them with their weaknesses as I never tell them about it.
    This holiday will be a wake up call for them too.

I AM GOING TO ENJOYYYY MYSELF.

And hopefully hit my target of 70 kilos as I will be satisfied with myself. Fingers crossed 🙂

Are you on skype . CG and I are …. that’s how we keep in touch. She is MAGIC.
    Do you want to give it a try?……GO GAL

Yep, will make a skype account and will contact you , so exciting 🙂

fB one thing you must remember when you meet up with your negative family is your AUSSIE DETERMINATION, don’t take any s###, you have tried so hard and YOU CAN DO IT, you will have inner peace by the time you meet, confidence which they have never seen a new figure which is yours alone, God made you the way he wants you, not the way family wants you, if they come up with cruel comments, just tell them it’s because of your big heart so there is more to love and more to share. You’ll get there darlin’ girl, so chin up, feel proud of your commitment and achievements , don’t let anyone shatter your spirit, you are an individual, not a clone, just smile and feel pity for them and their cruel comments. Who knows they may not have any because you will have lost so much weight….take care kid….CG

Our dearest CG… what caring loving words . You can tell your heart is soooo big. If only the world had more priceless treasures like you…..GO GAL

Go gal….xxxxxx

Evening all.. I have fasted a total of 46hrs , believe it or not it was very easy & doable.
    My AUSSIE DETERMINATION is what has made it just awesome. I have not weighed myself since last Friday.I felt hungry last night at 10pm ,because I was reading the WOMENS WEEKLY food section & the Incredible Maggie Beer was there in all her glory ,so the mag was quickly put to the side. I brushed my teeth & felt better, nothing like tea tree toothpaste to ruin your taste buds!

Have just finished dinner, oven baked salmon with homemade basil and pinenut pesto with a medley of fresh asparagus , baby broc, snow peas. The treat was a glass of sav blanc with mostly ice cubes….. very watered down but sooo good!!!

This worked for me because I planned for it , having the right head space also helped and the encourgment of CG. Wanted to experiment with only having fliuds and nuts and an apple each day.
    Would I advise a back to back fast… ABSOLUTELY…plan for it though.
    I would consider fasting MOM-WED-FRI too, as I found I was not really hungry. When I did my 7min jog of a 43min walk I found I wanted fluid more than any thing else.
    Enjoy your fast day tomorrow. LET YOUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION WORK FOR YOU… because YOU CAN DO IT……..GO GAL

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.