Apps that add calories from exercise

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Apps that add calories from exercise

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi can anyone answer this for me. I use an app that adds additional calories to my calorie allowance (it’s actually specifically for the 5:2diet!) so if I do a 5km wal it adds on to my daily allowance the 200 odd calories that I’ve burned off for example. Would you eat these calories or just stick to the 500?
    Thank you!
    Sarah

Hi.

I’d definitely stick to the 500 – or 600 in my case. 5:2 doesn’t exist in isolation from what you are doing with the rest of your life and its benefits, in terms of weight loss alone, are enhanced by also doing exercise. If you are happy that you are at whatever weight you want to be and don’t want to go lower then you could eat a bit more depending on the exercise you’ve done, but I see exercise as part of the overall approach and don’t allow myself any extra calories to offset my daily walks.

In the end it’s entirely up to you and what makes you feel comfortable whilst sustaining doing 5:2 in the long term. My approach has worked for me for just over 8 years now, but I realise it won’t work for everyone. Hope this helps and best of luck with it.

A glance at MyFitnessPal reveals it to be the most excellent calorie-counting app overall.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.