Any views on this?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  -coffeebrain- 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I usually fast on Mondays and Wednesdays

Monday this week I did my usual thing but then had a bit of a hiccup and went out for dinner :-S – pie chips and veg – oops!

Not to be deterred I fasted today (tues)

I am intending to fast tomorrow too – which will mean I have done by 2 days but that they are consecutive (not advisable) and that I’ve sort of done 2.5 including monday…

I can’t fast thurs/fri this week (obviously that’s the easiest solution)

Any views anyone? I might just see how I feel and if I feel ill/faint then give it up for this week!

Hi hcc:

No problem with anything you say.

Consecutive diet days are fine – even clinically proven effective: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3017674/ This study was the basis of the Two Day diet – the book was reviewed by DR M on this site. They are just not recommended (especially or newbies) because they can be hard until you get used to them.

Good Luck!

Hi hcc28, as you say it’s a hiccup, you dealt with it the best you could at short notice. Just do your normal fastday today and call it a week. Start fresh next week.

Also FYI – if you ‘have to’ go out to dinner on a fastday again then try to steer your fellow diner towards a place that calorie counts their menu for you. Weatherspoons and a few other chains do this. That way you can go somewhere pretty normal for everyone else and just be ‘careful’ about what you order for yourself (bearing in mind that drinks also have calories in them) 😉

Hi, I plan on fasting two consecutive days on 5:2. Actually the only studies (so far) done on 5:2 have been Harvie’s studies which are two consecutive fasting days. She wrote the book The 2 Day Diet and The 2 Day Diet Quick & Easy. Although I’m following her advice to fast two consecutive days, I’m also following Dr. Mosley’s advice to eat what I want the other five. But I will eat mindfully.

I’ve been reading about the benefits of fasting two consecutive days, and I also like the idea of getting them out of the way and over with for the rest of the week!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.