Any other purists out there?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Any other purists out there?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all,

I’m a 39year-old female from Finland and I was wondering if there are others here who in addition to fasting want their food to be as pure and unprocessed as possible? Meaning little to no white sugar or wheat, absolutely no artificial sweeteners, dairy only in moderation but no pre-sugared yogurts, for example. Food made from scratch and mostly organic etc? (I know absolutely how limiting this sounds..). I have to say, I was eating like this also when my weight went up, but it might have been with a few more chocolate bars than were necessary (strangely, with 5:2 I no longer have those cravings).

My fasting has been ‘purist’ in other ways – on the fast days I only drink liquids. In the morning I squeeze lemon juice into 0,5l of water and add some high quality salt. I used to make a couple of green juices with my juicer in addition to this, but for the past few weeks my body seems to want only water in addition to this morning drink(?!). In my pre-flight attendant years I used to fast for 7-20 days on liquids only, so my body is very comfortable with this approach.

I started 5:2 in the beginning of July, and have thus far lost 11,5kg or 25 lbs, going from 85kg to 73,5kg this morning. I’m 176cm or 5’9 tall, so I’ve crossed back to the ‘normal’ weight range to my absolute joy. In my years as a flight attendant the weight kept creeping up and I was completely blind to it, actually thinking clothing is made with increasingly smaller measurements rather than seeing I was actually getting bigger inside them.

I have felt absolutely fantastic with so much energy and my body shape has been changing in surprising ways. I am overjoyed with the results and finding my old body back. I have not really started any regular exercising regime yet, but I have a barbell waiting for me to get my s**t together. I will start biking to work next week (10km/side) so that is something.

But yeah, I would love to know if there are others with similar ideas about nutrition and hear how you deal with your fast days 🙂

All the best to everyone embarked on this journey – I believe it is life-changing no matter what your actual approach!

Hi Sugarcube, I like to buy my food as unprocessed as possible and without unnecessary additives.
    I am so glad that 5:2 is working so well for you! Congratulations on getting back to normality!

Hi Cinque,

Thanks for your reply 🙂 Would you mind sharing what your experience with 5:2 has been like? Have you made any changes to your diet whatsoever other than to reduce calories on those two days? Are you doing this for weight loss or for other reasons?

I myself have to admit that weight loss was an important motivation, but I had some unfortunate life events mess up my hormones, too, which now seem to be back to normal.

Have a lovely day!

Hi again Sugar cube,
    I have had a good experience with 5:2.
    I have a chronic illness, CFS, and the forced sedentary life me led to put on weight over the years. I cut out foods with high and medium sugar a few years ago, and that was really good for me, but my weight plateaued with another 8 or so kg to lose. 5:2 is helping with that, but it is also making me feel better generally.
    I have always been interested in good food and was a vegetarian for thirty years and still eat mostly vegetarian. I like whole foods and making my meals from scratch (when I am well enough).
    Fast Day today for me!
    Best wishes to you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.