Any 4:3 Fast Diet Buddies out there?

This topic contains 131 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  coldpizza 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 132 total)

• Good Morning All, Coldpizza well done! You are an inspiration!

Bryn123 I am fasting today too so I am in work with coffee and water!

Hope you all have a great day!

That’s a really useful post, Simcoeluv, and encouraging too. I’ve broken my day’s fast a few times, but if you get to a late point in the evening then feel you must eat a bit more than the 500, you’ve still fasted for 24 hours so all is not lost. There will still be an effect, though smaller. In his BSD book, Dr Mosley suggests that for people who can’t manage 8 weeks on 800 cals pd they should do 5:2 or 4:3 using 800. It won’t be as effective as 500 or the 800x8weeks, but there will still be benefits. So if I feel compelled to eat something over the 500 I try not to just binge but choose something that takes me only to 600 or 700. Then I do 4:3 that week as a sort of insurance of diet. It at least keeps the mindset too.

Someone mentioned broth. I’ve had my best fast days with bone broth. It seems to satisfy the appetite. A well herbed chicken broth is very sustaining, adds sodium too.

Hi Apricot.
    I’m mostly ok but sometimes the urge to eat over my 500 cals is intense. I have better days when I make a pan of broth and have cup when the urge to stray hits me. I think when you’ve been a comfort eater its harder. Its all in the mind.

Yes it’s not always easy, is it? Sometimes I feel quite full on 500 cals, sometimes not.
    Must make more broth!

Most fast days I wake up very positive but today’s going to be a challenge. Must get the soup on the boil.

I do water fasts. For me it is easier not to eat, than stay within 500 cal. I fasted twice per week for three month, and now it is my first week when I am trying 3 fasts per week. I already did two, and today is my third fast.

You are not alone. We can do it! 🙂

Clarkey, Brin, I did not hear from you for a while. Where are you?

olá a todos! sou brasileira, 56 anos e com muito peso para perder, já diminui 20 kg com dieta Paleo – LOWCARB iniciada a 2 anos, fiquei um ano num plato.
    Pesquisando sobre jejum Intermitente encontrei esse site Maravilhoso!
    Adoro ler os posts colocados aqui, ajuda muito no processo.
    Comecei dia 30 de março, estou muito satisfeita com os resultados – 2 kg em 15 dias.
    Por eu não consumir açúcar e farinhas, fica bem fácil de fazer o jejum, não dá picos de insulina e portanto não tenho fome, faz muito tempo que fico sem cafe da manha e a primeira refeição era as 12:00 horas, então para fazer o jejum foi fácil!
    Desculpe por não escrever na língua Inglesa, uso o corretor para a leitura.
    Moro no sul do Brasil, aqui ainda bastante quente, o inverno não começou, tenho mais facilidade de perder peso nos períodos frios, os dias são menores e as atividades sociais diminuem bastante.
    Um abraço a todos!!!

Hi Anaide,
    Thanks to google translate I apparently can read Portuguese now! 😀

Congratulations with your success! Are you going to combine Paleo with IF?
    I know that I need to get rid of sugar and flour, but I still not ready to completely forget about them. I don’t put sugar anymore to my coffee or tea, and I used to 2 teaspoons in every cup (that is the start).
    Brasilia – country of sun, dances and great music!

Hi! Cold Pizza, thanks for the feedback!
    I will do IF with Paleo yes! Paleo or Lowcarb already part of me, it was hard but have overcome the addiction of carbohydrates, many months to no more no relapse.
    I am very enthusiastic about 5: 2 I think I’ll venture out at 4: 3.
    Brazil, wonderful land! marred by corruption, violence and political.

Anaide,
    Great, I need company for my Monday-Wednesday-Friday fasts. 🙂

I’m doing Monday, Wed and Friday too at the moment as I had plateaued, also I overdid the cals by about 150+ two Mondays running, so I thought I’d get some benefit from 4:3. Actually it seems easier than 5:2 as I’m getting into more of a rhythm with alternate days in the week and the weekend off! And two weeks of 4:3, though I’ve not been perfect, seem to have started the loss off again. I’m trying to eat within an 8 hour window as well, giving two 16 hour fasts by brunching at 2 pm on fast day and also the next day. Then evening meal at 7.30-8pm on fast day. Not too hard. The weekends I relax, though I don’t overdo the carbs and wine, have fruit, yogurt and cream for puds with no added sugar.

So happy to “buddy” with other 4:3s.

Caspersmum, try the cider vinegar drink. Jason Fung’s book discusses vinegars. I’ve made a nice drink with a piece of lemon, tablespoon of cider vinegar and iced water. Taken before a meal it seems to reduce hunger and it’s delicious.

I’d forgotten till now, but my parents used to do a monthly fast on a Sunday, with only lemon juice, cider vinegar and water. I thought it really odd as a child, now I know better. And Mum did live to over 100, with most of her wits!

Thanks Apricot, will give it a try.

Hello guys is there room for another member? I really need a weight loss buddy. I have been struggling with weight for a long time now but it is hard to do it alone. If anyone is interested i. Helping me you can email me text me at (330) 237-5917 thanks

Hi Emma,
    there is always a room for another member. I texted you. Let lose those pounds!

Emma,
    there is post for information for new people if you have any questions.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

I’m currently doing every other day fasting (400 cal) but thinking of switching to 4:3 MWF so weekends are free- tough to fast on those days. My only question is about exercise- those happen to be my workout days and so far it has not been a problem for me to exercise on fast day- any one else fast on exercise days? How’s it going for you?

Good Morning All

How are you all doing? fast days for us all today then. Black decaf coffee and water for me! Yum 🙂

Hope your all having a good day.

HI all im fasting today lost 4 pounds so far. I only managed to do 5 2 last week didnt complete 3 days of fasting. Keep me updated all.

Bryn123 – 4lbs is great! Well done you!

I havent weighed myself yet, need to go buy some new scales!

Time to report the last week loss.
    Last Monday morning – 151.6 lb.
    Water 36 hours fasts completed: Monday, Wednesday
    500 cal fast completed – Friday.
    Gym visits – 2.
    Thursday – major overeating.
    Today (Monday morning) weight 148.4
    Lost: 3 lb! 🙂

I am also fasting today.

Bryn, – Congratualtions on 4 lb!!! 🙂

I guess for people like me with eating urges between the fasts, it is better to do 4:3 to make up for overeating. But for people who could eat withing their TDEE during eating days, 5:2 works wonders. 😀

Clarkey, Great to hear from you! We can do it today!

Calibikini,
    I love to exercise on fast day – it keep me away from food. I did not have any problem. I do moderate exercise – here my typical gym visit: 1 hour zumba or ellipsoid, some weights, light swimming, and steam room visit. It always feels good!

Happy fasting today!

Coldpizza – Congratulations on your 3lb loss that’s fantastic! Well done on sticking with last week 3 fast days too!

Yes we can do it today for sure! That said, roll on tomorrow! Ha, ha, ha!

Hey,
    Anybody survived Monday fasting? 🙂

Yes I survived! You?

Yes. But I think that I am slightly overeating today. Starting Wednesday fast at 6-7 pm today.

Well, I had failed Wednesday fast. Fasting today. Anybody alive here? Anybody fasting today?

Coldpizza– I’m in!! Woke up hungry b/c I started my fast at 2:00 yesterday afternoon after some major pig out sessions involving ice cream and chips- my 2 downfalls. Staring at a long day ahead– helps to know someone else is out there working hard too!! Best of luck!!

Yey! I am not alone. CaliBikini, we can do it today! 😀

Coldpizza–You are not alone!– so happy to have a fellow faster today!!! Getting my first cup of tea now to hopefully head-off the hunger pains! Hoping for a great day for us both and any other fasters out there! I’m a little sleep deprived but some caffeine should do the trick!

Thanks Universe for coffee and tea during fasting days!!! 😀

I just had my first tea- Yerba Mate sweetened with stevia and I feel so much better. I just got a whiff of fried chicken and oh boy are my cravings for that Up high today! Probably one of my all-time favorite foods! I will stay strong and have visions of a flat tummy!

Couldn’t do a fast day without my coffee. A small part of my 500 cals is skimmed milk. It helps when Im craving.

I’m fasting today too, ColdPizza. Looking for distractions! I’ve done a Pilates session, had a swim, a series of phone calls and emails, I’m about to go to help a friend walk her dogs. Had planned to have only coffee or water, tea till this evening, but at 3.30 I had some beetroot and red pepper soup with a little yogurt in it. Very nice, too!

If I can I shall do back to back fasts today and tomorrow as I’ve missed my FD earlier in the week and yesterday because of social engagements. But I’ll see how I feel in the morning. Have made chicken bone broth which is very sustaining, especially if you cook an egg in it too.

I did not lose any pounds last week 🙁
    I am determine do better this time. Today is my first fast for this week.
    Somebody fasting today?

Hey Coldpizza! yes I am in for fasting! Sorry you have not heard from me since early last week I have been ill with a terrible eye infection! You say you haven’t lost any weight but have you done your measurements, there may be a loss there and its just not showing on the scales yet…

I seriously need to get more vitamins and minerals, feeling pretty run down and tired!

Hi Clarkey24,
    Sorry to hear about your illness. Happy that you are back and fasting!
    I did not lose weight last week because I completed only one 36 hour fast. I am glad that I did not gain any as well. Unfortunately, I never done my measurements, but my clothes is definitely feel more loose.

Good thing, that even without completing three planned fasts, I was more mindful what I was eating during non-fast days. The food this week was healthier and leaner.

Happy fasting today!

Hello everyone! fasting today and determined to make 4: 3, the weekend was a lot of people at home and lots of good food! I cook very well! I will try to take the weight gain!

Great to hear from you ANAIDE!
    We can do it! 🙂

I’m in for today- had a set back last week but this week I’m determined to make it happen. Let’s have a great FD today!! Good luck to you all!!

CaliBikini,
    Yes, We can do it together!
    Fasting, sipping my black coffee. 🙂

Hi guys,
    This is my third week doing the diet and I’m going to try to do 4:3 for first time, today, Wednesday and Friday… Think I’ve made a rookie error though by having breakfast this morning! Should’ve saved the calories for this evening!! I think I’ll be going to bed early 😉

Heather82,
    Glad to another 4:3 faster! We all learn thru try and adjust. Going to bed early is a very useful strategy for my fasting days as well. 🙂

Just been to the shops and got some food for the rest of the week so I can try a recipe or two from the books! Hopefully that’ll make wed and Fri easier, because my lunch today was gross lol x

I am doing no-calories fast: so my breakfast – a cup of black coffee, for lunch I had hot Orange & Spice Herb tea, I plan to spoil myself with couple of cups of Rooibos tea for dinner. 🙂

Wow!good on you! I don’t know if I could do that! Though I’m not as hungry as I thought I’d be this evening which is pretty cool 🙂 Peppermint tea for me

Heather,
    I find out that for me no-calories fasts are easier than 500 cal fasts. Maybe you could try it sometimes. 🙂
    HMM, peppermint tea sounds lovely…

Did we all survive our Fast Day yesterday?

I did, thankfully!

So we are all set for tomorrow too?

Clarkey,
    Congrats! Eating today under TDEE, and start another fast tomorrow! Hooray to us!

Yeah it’s time to eat– on fast days I always have a million things I want to eat and when I wake up on feed days I never know what to eat! I guess that’s a good problem to have.
    My mom comes in town in a week and a half and I would love to be 2 pounds thinner– is that possible? We shall see. The last time I saw her I was I was at one of my highest weights ever. I would love to surprise her and be 10 pounds smaller.
    The challenge is on–2 lbs in a week and a half! Anyone want to join me and try for this goal? Don’t know if it’s possible for me b/c I have my favorite aunt coming to visit this weekend and we always pig out together!! I will need strength!!

@cali – I’m with you! 2lbs in a 1 1/2 weeks is doable. I’ll aim for 2 as well. 🙂 Stay strong with your aunt. Find an active activity you can do together.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply.