Any 4:3 Fast Diet Buddies out there?

This topic contains 131 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  coldpizza 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 32 posts - 101 through 132 (of 132 total)

• Thanks Fast– your words of encouragement will ring in my ears this weekend!! Let’s meet our goal!! Glad to have you on board with it- best of luck!!

Dear Ladies,
    Important beauty alert!

Don’t forget, that your skin need extra nurturing during period of losing weight. To avoid extra wrinkles, please use good night cream for your face, neck and hands at evening, and nice day cream, that protects from sun during the day. Keep extra bottle of body lotion or other cream in your office and use it often for your hands or face if needed.

Happy losing! 😀

Morning 🙂

Fast day today for me too. Got my lunch sorted. Its the low fat bolognese from one of the books so should be a lot more palatable than what I had on Monday! Maybe once I’ve been doing it a while I’ll give a no calories fast day a go 😉

I’m feeling a bit bloated tbh. Is that something that gets easier with time?

All the best for today x

Hello All

Coldpizza – Thank you for the Beauty Alert, I always need reminding! I have the creams but then forget to put them on! I will make an extra effort I dont want to go all wrinkly! 🙂

Heather – FD for me too but like Coldpizza I don’t have any food, its just personally easier for me to stick to coffee and water! I have never suffered with feeling bloated to be honest, could that be something you ate last night? Maybe a food allergy?

Clarkey yeah maybe its last nights dinner. Had pasta for first time in ages 😉 but I’m drinking plenty of water so that’s helping. Not having any food scares me lol but maybe in a few months I’ll try it!

Coldpizza
    I’ve been using miceller water recently to take makeup off and think its great! Thanks for the tip tho

Hi Heather – Yes Pasta will cause bloating for sure, so it is probably that. Not having any food is just better for me, I obviously cant control myself around food ha ha ha! If I eat I just get more hungry!

Hi Ladies

How are you all? Its been a long bank holiday weekend here in Barbados which has been lovely although back to work today.

Are we all set for Fasting tomorrow?

I have just signed up for this… might be interesting and its free!

http://shapeyourlifesummit.com/

Hi Clarkey24,
    Glad that you are back. I am trying to stay under TDEE today. Gosh it is harder than fasting, really!
    I am not sure if I will fast tomorrow or on Thursday, it will depend of how I am behaving today. 🙂

I will check your link.

Hey Coldpizza, nice to hear from you! So if you behave well today you will fast tomorrow or if you behave badly you will fast tomorrow? 🙂

LOL! I am trying to concentrate to eat under my TDEE during NF days, since this seems be my major problem. If I overeat today, I guess I have to fast tomorrow, but if I stay under my TDEE, I will fast on Thursday. I am switching from 5:2 to 4:3 and back depending on how I am eating in between. 😀

Oh I see. Its not easy at all is it! I’m just looking at ways to ditch sugar! I think I’m addicted.. Not good at all. Years of comfort eating!

Well I hope you do well today, I will have to check my TDEE

Hi Clark- Barbados sounds wonderful- my mom moved to st croix a few years ago and has talked about wanting to visit Barbados. I decided to stay with my ADF so today was my fast day. I discovered if I reduce my FD calories a little more (just shy of 400 cal) that I can eat whatever on feed days and still have weight loss. I don’t do well with restrictions. If I try to avoid sweets my cravings do vanish but I can only do that for six months to a year and then I begin binging. I’m trying something totally new and that I am not restricting myself from any food on my feed days. So far I am noticing that after one month of this I stopped wanting to eat high carbohydrate foods and I began to crave more of my normal diet… now it’s been 6 weeks and I feel a sign of relief on feed days instead of anxiety… I’m not losing control and eating like crazy anymore.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Clarkey,

Stayed within my TDEE yesterday. Fasting today. 🙂

Oh, sugar…I was drinking 5-6 cups of coffee per day and was believing that I am a coffee addict, but than my co-worker suggested to reduce my 2 tea spoons of sugar in coffee to one, than to 1/2 and eventually to none. To my surprise, I don’t crave coffee any more. One cup of black unsweetened coffee is enough for me now. It was addiction to sugar, not coffee. Now I am drinking coffee and tea without sugar. But it is hard to resist cookies, and candies. Still, with this diet, the mindset is different now, and I eat so much less sugary food. Wishing you to battle that addiction, and share your favorite strategies for the battle, maybe I could also use some of them. 🙂
    Are you fasting today?

Hello Coldpizza, I also went through it to eliminate sugar, now take much less coffee.
    I’m doing every day of fasting with 1000 calories at dinner, I found much easier so free only on Saturday and Sunday.
    Good fasting all!

Oh I so know what you mean, CP! I didn’t find sugar too hard to give up, though I ate lots more fruit at first including three oranges one evening! But that’s settled and I rarely crave sweets or sweet biscuits. However, light savoury carby biscuits…..oh dear. Especially cheesy salty ones like cheddars or the English equivalent of Salticracks. Got through half a pack at the weekend, thank goodness I was sharing them!

I too use 4:3 if I’ve gone a bit over, will be doing that later in the week after visitors. I’m not worrying much about my TDEE, particularly as none of the MM books or others like Varady or Fung mention it as being important, though perhaps it is on maintenance. But I do measure cals on non fast days now and then afterwards, ie I eat what I want then add it up retrospectively and have found that I rarely go above my TDEE, especially if I’m not eating refined starches, even though I’m having a lot of full fat dairy, cheese, cooking with butter and oil, eating nuts etc. In spite of being calorie dense, fats don’t add up the way carbs do because craving and hunger are more attached to the carb. And how many tablespoons of olive oil do you actually want, compared with slices of toast? Even though I eat cheese a lot ( apple and cheese is my favourite quick lunch), I don’t need anything more for at least four hours.

That’s interesting, Anaide. When I read your post I thought that you might lose the benefit of the intermittent bit, but effectively you are doing 23 hour fasts 5 days a week. Too much for me! But it’s one of Fung’s suggestions to do that.

Apricot,
    STOP talking about “light savoury carby biscuits” and “cheesy salty ones” !!!
    My mouth is watering, and machine with chips and sweets is singing the sirens’ song.
    So hard to resist, especially when fasting. 🙂

Anaide,
    I am glad that you find your own way to lose weight. Keep it up! 🙂

Yes interesting idea to fast all day and then have a satisfying dinner- my husband often does that just because he was too busy at work to stop and eat. I used to tell him it wasn’t good to skip meals– now I have a completely new attitude. I have found that fasting is definitely getting easier in the hunger pain arena– my body doesn’t react so much and I slide over the small discomforts faster.

Coping with sugar addiction- this helped me a lot–
    In Varady’s book she mentions mindful eating– I always read or watched tv while eating if I was alone (binging was worse if I was alone too). Now I focus on what I’m eating and the feeling of eating and it has changed how I eat. No more mindless munching. Fantastic to finally not want to stuff myself like a sausage all the time!

Hey Ladies, great to read the posts and see that it is not only me that is having (or had) to address their sugar intake. I feel a little overwhelmed at the moment, there is so much contradictory advice out there I don’t know which way to turn!

Anaide – interesting approach to fasting! May I ask, are you losing weight? I am presuming you are otherwise you wouldn’t stick with the approach. How long have you been fasting this way?

Hello Clarkey24, I’m from Brazil and I write with Google Translate.
      I adapted well to this form because I find it difficult to eat in a normal day and then back to fast. Before I was 16: 8 but in my work changed my lunch break at 11:00, I did not adapt to eat at this time there to 23: 1 was easy.

so I like because I have difficulty sleeping and few calories insomnia comes easier, and if there’s a commitment I have to eat lunch do not get worried.

last month eliminated more than 3 kg (7lb)

Wow Anaide! Congratulations on the great result last month.
    Sometimes, I could not complete my water fasts, and slide into 23:1 for my fast days. I found it is easier to skip breakfast for any working days, and have it only during weekend.

CaliBikini,
    I am so with you about binging while alone with TV close by. I never really binge when my husband around. I know that it is funny, but I find out that putting rope to tie my refrigerator and cabinet with food doors really helping me with mindless eating. This seconds that the doors are not opening is enough time for me to “wake up” and walk away. Too bad, that sometimes I forgot to tie my rope in time. 🙂

Clarkey,
    i agree, it is very comforting to find out that others have the same problems, and learn that others found the way to deal with it. It keep us motivated and give us promise of success. 🙂
    Happy fasting!

Good Morning from Barbados to all my fellow Monday fasters!

How are you all doing?

Are we going into today nice and strong? Right now, I feel quite positive! 🙂

Yey, I am also fasting today! Last week shows a little loss – 0.4 lb, but I will take it. How about you, guys?

Hiya, yes I am fasting today! so far so good! This is week 5 of diet and have to say I am feeling great! Not much movement on scales the last few weeks but got a shock when I measured myself! I’ve lost 1 1/2 inches of waist and same of hips!! WOW! 😉 xx

I have just broken my fast! I started the day feeling really strong and just broken it. I am really battling with myself lately, wondering what to do, what eating plan to follow etc….

I really want to lose this weight but sometimes I just have zero willpower! I dont want to be on a diet I was a lifestyle change, a complete overhaul, something I can sustain and maintain long term…

I hope you guys are doing well and going strong!

Clarkey,

I have the same problem lately – no willpower. Usually I gave up my fasts in evenings though. You can always start again the next day. 🙂
    By now i am still determined to complete the fast, but will report tomorrow if I will be able to.

Maybe try while fasting add only 1 hour to fast at the time. For example, Monday – fasting till 1 pm, Wednesday fasting till 2 pm, Friday fasting till 3 pm. You can divide 500 cal in two settings, – still it will be fasting.
    You will find the way that fits you. It just takes time.

Hey Coldpizza, good to hear from you! I like that idea of adding an hour each fast day, that’s a really good idea, thank you. And yes, using my 500 calories in the evening might prevent me from cheating!

You keep up the excellent work, don’t let me put you off!

Thank you again!

It is 4 pm here, I am still water fasting. 6pm -10 pm – my danger time. I hope I survive. Planning to go to Zumba class, and then steam room. 🙂

Clarkey,
    I used veg broth and miso soup yesterday (less than 80 cal) for the first time during fast day. It helped to survived the fast. I will buy more broth – to kill evening cravings during fast. Try it, it is only 15 cal per cup, but filling. And salt it the broth helps too. I also went to zumba class and steam room yesterday. Today I am eating under tDEE, and tomorrow will try fasting again. Summer is coming soon. I need to lose us much as possible till my girls and my mom come to visit in July. Stay strong! Happy losing! 🙂

Been doing 4:3 for 14weeks now. Lost 65lbs. 20-25lbs more and I will be there! Takes some real determination in the beginning but once the weight started coming off in sheets it was not hard to really dig in. I don’t recommend it for everyone but I had to take the weight off fast and using the guide here on the website I was able to make it work!

thecowboy56,
    Wow, it is such high number for 14 weeks! Your number is really impressive! Congratulations!
    I am on my 20th week, and lost only 18 lb, (need to lose 27 more). Much slower, but I am catching up. 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 101 through 132 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply.