Any 4:3 Fast Diet Buddies out there?

This topic contains 131 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  coldpizza 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 132 total)

• Hello

I am starting 4:3 fasting today and it would be great to be able to link up with anybody else who is doing this or looking to start?

I will be fasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Even if your’e doing 5:2 but fasting on 2 of the same days it would be great to hear from you!

I am fasting today. I also planning to fast Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week. You are not alone. We can do it. 🙂

Hey Coldpizza

Great to hear from you! Yes we CAN do it.

Are you doing water fast or 500 cal fast?

Water, I’m an all or nothing kind of girl! If I eat it makes me more hungry and then I just cheat and blah blah blah! What about you?

Hi all me and my husband started 5 2 last week we lost 4 pounds. Im thinking of doing 4 3 this week im fasting today and weds and thursday. Id be greatfull to get some help and support on here and how you are doing with your weight loss.

Clarkey24,
    Me too – only water and some coffee and tea without sugar or milk. I simply cannot stop on under 500 cal, but I can skip them. I started yesterday at 6 pm, so already completed 13 hours. 23 to go. 🙂

Bryn123,
    It is always good to have a company when fasting. The more the better.

Thanks, yeah be great to support eachother im living on chicken and brown rice on a fast day with loads of water seems to be filling me up. I weigh on a friday i will keep you all updated with my loss. Let me know how you all get on with your loss.

Coldpizza – Its good to know that total abstinence is better for you too! No temptation at all. I started yesterday at 8pm so 15 hours done for me so far and not eating until 8am tomorrow to make sure I complete a 36 hour fast.

Oh, although I’m a English, I live in Barbados so its just 11am here!

Bryn123 – Great to hear from you. So your in your second week, good for you! Keep up the hard work and yes supporting each other will be great.

Where in the World are you both?

Texas, it is 10 am here. So you are an hour ahead! 🙂

Im in south wales in the uk.yeah im in my 2nd week.

Its 4.30 pm over here. Wow barbados always wanted to go there. And texas. Was in new york back in january met up with a couple from texas in katz diner. Amazing food in america.

Love it! Texas and South Wales, UK! Fabulous!

Barbados is lovely but we need some rain! Ha, ha, ha!

Bryn123,
    You are way ahead of us on you fasting day. From around 4pm till 10 pm is the temptation danger time for me. That is the time, when I am home, and the refrigerator is humming the invitation song. And my mind telling me that I already suffered enough, and that my stomach feels empty, and I deserve a little bit of food. And many times I simply succumb to those temptations. 🙁

We need sun here haha. Coldpizza you can do it, im the same i just been cooking the kids tea and the smell is hard to resist and still have about 20 easter eggs here. I will let you know how i get on with my 2nd weigh. What part of englad are your from clakey 24 ? .

Sorry England that was meant to say. My phones playing up 😑

Yes when I am home is the same ‘danger zone’ for me too! That’s when I find it hard to stick to fasting! I am planning to keep myself busy this evening though, we will all feel fabulous tomorrow when we wake up knowing we did it!

I am from Manchester in the North/West.

Noon at Texas – LUNCH time. My sensitive hungry nose picking up the smell of freshly made french fries. BUT I am not caving in. My strategy for lunch time – go for a walk, and put freshly made black coffee in front of your nose to kill all other smells.
    Still here, still holding on. 🙂

I’m still here too and going strong! Headache now though…

Hi Clarkey:

One of the tips in this thread is that if extra water isn’t enough to prevent a headache on diet days, some added salt will probably take care of it. Any salty broth works fine: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Clarkey,
    Headache usually strong at the beginning of the diet, and after 5 -6 first fasts, they are going away or getting not so bad. Nice brisk 15 min walks helped me, additionally, warm bath at evenings. Sometimes few sips of strong black coffee also helps. I never tried broth, but heard that many people use that.

Sometimes helps to close your eyes, turn off lights and sit quietly for few minutes. Before the next fast try not to eat any sweets/carbs at least after lunch before the fast day.

Stay with us!

Thank you Simcoeluv and coldpizza, I have been drinking plenty of water so will try the other things you suggest. I’m sticking with this! 17 hours to go! Ha, ha, ha!

Clarkey24,
    More than half way thru! You go, girl!
    It will be 22 hours in 15 min for me. I am planning to go to zumba class today and later to take hot bath and go to bed around 9pm. So far strong. We definitely can do it! 🙂

Its bedtime over here in the uk. Good luck with rest of your day fasting. Clarky24 ive been to manchester a few times my husbands a massive man united fan. Speak to you all soon good luck 👍

Congratulations Bryn123! you did it! We are right behind you.

We did it! Now I could eat (hopefully smartly) till 6-7 pm.
    I looking forward to Wednesday fast.
    This diet is working if you are strong enough to complete your part. My scale was showing the lowest number so far. 😀

I also went to gym yesterday and noticed that during zumba class I was sweating more than normal. I wonder if exercising during fast makes body to work harder and hopefully to lose even more?

Thank you to everybody for your support. It is a BIG help and great motivation to not give up during the fast. ‘See’ you all on Wednesday!

Yes we did it! I struggled last night I have to say, my head hurt soooooo bad I didn’t know what to do with myself and in the end my husband had to go get me some headache tablets (which I never take!) and eventually I managed to get some sleep. Feel slimmer already though ha ha ha! I have a long way to go! but yes eating sensibly for today and another fast day tomorrow! I am not going to be able to access the chat again for today due to work 🙁 but I will be back on-line tomorrow.

Have a great day everybody!

Well done for yesterday girls. Im fasting tommorow to. Speak to you all tommorow for support. Xx

Clarkey24,
    Did you tried hot bath? Bath helps to get toxins out thru skin.
    Additionally, during strong headaches I put my head under the water level in the bath at the same time when water still runs to the tab (kind of dive in the bath while water still runs). I don’t know why but somehow the sounds of fallen water under the water level helps to loose the tension of the head. I also don’t like to take medications, but once in a while I have something close to migraine, and found out that this method helps me.

If your headache is only because of the fasting, it will surely will be easier and easier every time and completely go away after month or two of regular fasting.

We can do it again!

Hi clarkey and coldpizza. You fasting today girls im doing today and tommorow. Its dinner time here in the uk. Just had my brown rice and chicken it seems to be filling me up.

Hi Bryn123.
    Yes, I am fasting today. It is only 7:30 am here. The whole day ahead of me, will keep myself busy at work.

Hi Ladies

Sorry only just getting a chance to log on!

I am not fasting today…. beating myself up about it too! My headache didn’t go entirely yesterday so I was dubious as to whether it would be a good idea! I am thinking to fast again tomorrow or shall I leave it now and fast with you guys on Friday? I hope you don’t feel let down by me, I am totally behind both of you with your fasts. I just don’t know whether 3 fast days on my first week was a little ambitious? What do you think?

My first fast ever was about 25 years ago, me and my husband were fasting once per week for health reason (at that time no need for me to lose any weight). I remember how hard was it, but we did it for several months, and it was getting easier every time. This diet is not really new, it just got the new name this time. We still sometimes did fast especially after Thanksgivings, Christmas and other holidays overeating. I also sometimes fasted when I have strong bloating.

This January, I knew what to expect and was ready for that.
    I really recommend bath, steam room, or sauna – it helps a lot with getting toxins out of the body. Also try special breathing: deep inhale thru nose, hold it for 10 seconds, and exhale slowly thru mouth.

You right, you need to slow down a little bit. Your can try two or even once per week at the beginning. Wait when your headache is completely gone, and try again.

I will continue today (almost 17 hours already), and probably do Friday too. Hopefully to hear from you soon. Don’t give up!

He Coldpizza, I am not going to give up at all. I never suffer headaches and I just cannot tolerate them at all, it was awful. I meditate so am used to focusing on my breathing although with a headache I cant think of anything else! Ha, ha, ha! Which is the total opposite of what meditation and mindfulness teaches you.

Anyway, I am not giving up at all. Seen as I have changed this week up I think I am going to fast again tomorrow and start Monday/Wednesday next week? Are you both planning to do 2/3 days each week?

I need 30 more pounds to lose, and than maintenance. I am here for some time. 🙂

I have a lot more than that to go! So me too!

I’ve been thinking of trying the 4:3 diet. Done 5:2 and lost 30 lbs but still have more to lose. I’m a comfort eater so some days are difficult. Spent my life dieting and just got bigger and bigger. I’m much happier on the 5:2 compared with every other diet I’ve tried. I feel better prepared mentally and confident with the 5:2 but wonder if I would benefit from the 4:3. Any opinions ??

Hi caspersmum:

The old if it ain’t broke don’t fix it comes to mind.

If you read this post you will see the caloric benefit of doing 4:3 v. 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Personally, instead of 4:3 I would start doing water fasts on my diet days. These will cut more calories out of the diet without requiring an additional diet day and maybe provide a few other positive benefits.

Good Luck!

I was on 5:2 diet, and now trying fasting Mon-Wed-Fri. Today is my second fast. So I am not even know if I could do 4:3, but I willing to try.
    You can always try and see how it works for you. You are very welcome to join us, the more of us, the better the support. When are you planning to start?

Interesting article. I’m probably being to impatient which is why every diet I’ve tried has failed over the years. The water fast idea is interesting. It would remove the need to work out what to have for my 500 cals and make fast days simpler. Thanks for that.

I might just continue the 5:2 with water fast days as suggested by Simcoeluv. Might just make things easier.

Caspersmum,
    I am also doing water fasts (36 Hours). I was doing them from the beginning. For me it is easier to do than up to 500 cal. Good luck for you, whatever variation of the diet works for you personally is good. Happy fasting.

It is 3:30 pm in TX, close to my dangerous time (4-10 pm). My mind starting playing games with me, and telling that it is good enough… that I don’t need to fast till morning. GRRR!

Hi cold:

You have identified the time and the reason, which is the first step toward beating the urge to eat that often comes at that time of day on diet days.

Good Luck!

Hi simcoeluv,
    Share with me the second step, please 🙂

And if possible all additional steps that are there. I really need them all, and now! 🙂

Ah girls i caved today had a long hard day in work so cracked with a bottlw of wine. I have to do this ive gone from 168 pounds to 200 pounds got a lot to loose i will have to fast tommorow now. Wish me luck. X

I am still here! Stubborn today. Hopefully survive till tomorrow. 🙂

Hi cold:

It really is philosophical. Having done 5:2 for over three years I realize that if you want to do it (both complete the diet day or just do 5:2) you will, and if you don’t you won’t. Having been successful doing 5:2 for over three years, I know it works. So if I decide I do not want to do it today, I know it will work just as well if I do it tomorrow.

Beginners do not have that luxury. They have doubts. 5:2 is so different. Authority figures (and friends or co-workers) tell them it is a fad diet and even dangerous. They worry about hunger, starvation modes, plateaus, various side effects and even what to eat. They set goals that force them to either succeed or fail in specific timeframes and if they fail they are gone. They don’t realize it takes a really long time to lose a lot of weight, and taking all of that time to lose it, or more, is just fine. Science proves that just losing 5% of you weight provides material, positive health benefits.

One of the interesting trends with 5:2 is the number of people returning to it. I have never seen so many people return to a diet. Most go on a diet, lose weight, regain the weight and more and go on to the next best diet. But many that follow that path with 5:2 return to 5:2. They seem to return because they know it works because it has worked before. And they seem to understand that not only does it work, but that it is also a way to keep the weight off after they lose it. When they really want to lose weight, they come back to something they know will work.

Which brings us back to wanting to lose weight. It is a mental thing. When faced with 4 o’clock and I’ve done enough, do you really want to lose weight? If yes, you will finish the day or decide not today but tomorrow or the next day. Either is just fine, no ‘failure’ anywhere. If no, you will not finish the diet day, nor tomorrow’s either and eventually quit.

But if your answer is yes, you really want to lose weight, then I believe the best way to do it is with 5:2. Remember, you can take all the time you need. In this case, the need for speed is dangerous to your diet!

Good Luck!

Thank you Simcoeluv for your input. Great job for living it for three years!

I feel that I can do it today!
    Today I have a mood: “Why tomorrow if I can do it today!”
    It is almost 7:30 pm here, all I need is to take a walk with my dog, take a hot bath and go to bed. And tomorrow morning – Ta-Da ! – I’ve done it.

Ta-DA! I did it . Today morning my scale showed me the number i did not see for a long time! I know that today (eating day ) I will gain some back, but I am going to watch what I am eating.

Clarkey24 and Bryn123,
    Good luck with today fasting! You can do it!

I will try to finish my first 4:3 week with Friday fast. I am excited!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply.