Amazing April – 2024 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 255 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Merryapple 2 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 256 total)

• Day 5 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 228 lbs. Good FD500 with my meal last night. Saturday is my great-aunt’s 90th birthday, which is what my grandfather and grandmother would be in May and July had they lived to today. I know she’ll be polite with all the guests, but I love it when she shares stories of back in the day — I heard lots of funny little bits about my ancestors haha

Next FD is planned for Sunday, probably a WFD. Off to work!

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was good until the evening…🍷…..but still I was down this morning so it has to be my fasting until lunchtime then only having protein rich foods. ??
    Another 18:6 today, just had tuna for lunch……

But tonight is in the spirit of @penz and is a planned pizza and red wine night.

Storm Kathleen on the way, will it EVER end?

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 160.2

That’s so tantalizingly close to dipping into the 150s, but given how much Easter candy I ate for a few days, I have no reasonable expectations of getting there so quickly! 😂 Today is the first of my four challenge days in a row–as with all of us–and I’m trying to figure out an eating plan that will feel reasonable and so encourage the commitment I’m looking for. Because of what’s going on over the next week, I’m cooking tonight instead of us going out, and know what’s for supper, but haven’t figured out lunch yet.

I had so much FUN yesterday morning. I got my church work done in record time and was at the quilt shop by 10:15 and the top I’d pieced was quilted with batting and backing by 12:45. I had just enough time when I got home to cut the binding and sew it on, and then started hand stitching it down when I got home from lessons; that’ll take another couple evenings to finish. Now to file an extension on our income tax return because there’s zero possibility I can get the bookkeeping done in time, and then I only have one other major project looming. I can feel the relaxation approaching… 😂🤣😂

@ccco When I first suggested we use RESOLVE as our motto, I posted lots of long “essays” on my logic. For example, when we have babies, we don’t “hope” we’ll change their diapers, feed them, and hold them with love, right? That last is easy to do, the middle isn’t tough, but the first isn’t the most pleasant…and yet we do all three, right? Because it’s what we’ve committed to doing. Thus, we’ve RESOLVED to do that, in the same way that we don’t “hope” we’ll take off our makeup before we go to bed. I don’t even know if I’m making any sense, but there’s some food for thought for you as you struggle to find the RESOLVE not to eat the snacks you have for your grandchildren.

@merryapple Your walk up Mt. Eden sounds lovely…

@funshipfreddie I never have had a “fancy cigarette” but have recently heard some dramatic proof that the medical version can accomplish wonders for Essential Tremor, something that I have…therefore, I may yet have some, although the medical version has no, um, “recreational” effect. 😂

@flourbaby Oh, YAY!!!!!!! That must have been a beautiful sight!

@jaifaim I hope you’re feeling better?

@northgeorgia I hope you get to hear at least one great story from your great-aunt!

@daffodil2010 I love how casually you mention your weight was down; I remember the days when you were so frustrated at how the scale never shifted; well done!

I just went down the rabbit hole of reading posts from August 2022. There were LOTS of people then who have since left off posting, and there were lots of encouraging posts that left me hugely motivated. So my eating plan for today: lunch out at a bet fewer than 400 calories; supper of 12oz red wine (you notice what I start with, LOL!), lamb chops, homemade cole slaw, “crunchy potatoes” that are reasonably low calorie, and some sort of berry dessert…perhaps mini pavlovas like we did on Easter. And that’s it. It’s not anything resembling a CD, except that not having anything BUT that will challenge my RESOLVE. Except: I A.M. U.P. T.O. T.H.E. C.H.A.L.L.E.N.G.E. RESOLVE.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Second post

Just had to report that when I went to get dressed an hour ago, I stepped on the scale one last time in case there was any change–and it said 158.4.

‼️⁉️‼️⁉️

So I stepped off and back on and got the same number.

I was dumbfounded! Then I washed my hair and checked again, and it was 159.6. I figured my hair held a couple ounces of water…maybe…but I sure liked those two options, and whatever was real, it was BELOW 160, so it was enough to motivate me even more than my RESOLVE is accomplishing to eat according to plan today. 😇

second post

Yay @stitchincarol… that counts!!!

Day 6 (just a bit early) – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

It’s 10:35 and I’m headed to bed. I have to be out the door at 7:40 tomorrow morning, so I won’t be posting then, and thought I’d give a report now.

I ate a bit too much of the dessert I planned on (as in, I had two mini pavlovas [but only the cream and fruit of one]), and had more than the 12oz of wine I’d planned on, so my head is already pounding, a typical response to more than 12oz of wine…but I don’t feel stuffed, and every other bit of the day went as planned, and I never once nibbled, so that was a success.

I’m gone all day tomorrow, and then leave on Sunday after church for a town 3 hours from here and won’t be home again until Tuesday around 8:30, so who knows when I’ll take a moment to post. While I’m “radio silent,” I’ll continue to work on RESOLVE!

Third post

Thanks, @northgeorgia!

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – Congrats on getting below that 160! 🥳️ I’ve also heard about the amazing medicinal properties of wacky baccy. It’s legal here now, even for recreational use, as it is in many places. So long as you only possess small quantities & don’t deal in it. How did you finish up in August ’22? I had a look out of curiosity – it was my first month in Port Elizabeth – & the memories of being mentally battered/exhausted came flooding back 🥴️ It is odd to see those names from the past, e.g. @mariaelena & @linda.b & you can’t help wondering if they threw in the towel, are just going it alone or if they maybe found a different weight loss/maintenance plan.

@jaifaim – thanks! The mosaic numbers will look good when I eventually get around to putting them up. I like the colourful ones too. There’s a place not too far away – Mosaic 4 Africa Studio – where they do workshops & sell everything mosaic-related. So I might have a bash at being creative. I hope you’re feeling 100% today.

I was trying to figure out how to space the holes accurately when I put up my house numbers. They’re too thick to poke a pencil through the holes & mark the wall. I found a brilliant but simple trick on YouTube. I know I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, & maybe most people already know this trick, but, duh?! I wish I’d known this years ago 😅 The “my smokin’ hot wife” remark is a bit cringeworthy though 😬
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceYVBTN8xYo&t=7s

Dr Mosley’s weekly column:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13275153/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-five-tips-leading-happy-life.html

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤 🌈

Day 6 Auckland NFD 74.6kg

@jaifaim There are 2 cups of flour in the recipe but you can vary this successfully.

VOGEL STYLE BREAD
    Developed from Jim Lahey’s no knead white bread by Jacqueline then by me

The shaggy dough is very wet – too sticky to knead so don’t!!
    If you use a fast rising yeast (instant yeast) it takes about two hours to rise.

Baking tin: Two small loaf tins
    Cook time: 40–45 minutes total
    Servings: 2 x 850gm loaf
    Oven: 220°C

½ cup barley
    ½ cup kibbled wheat
    ½ cup kibbled rye
    2 tabs quinoa
    2 tabs flax seed
    3 cups water
    Microwave on high for 5 minutes in a generous sized container and bring to the boil.
    Let sit for 15+ minutes so the water is absorbed.
    Alternatively soak grains overnight to allow absorption.

Place the following dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
    Vary as you like eg less flour, more oats, buckwheat or rye flour etc
    2 cups strong flour
    ½ cup wholemeal flour
    ¾ cup whole or rolled oats or both
    ¼ cup buckwheat
    ¼ cup rice flour
    ½ cup sunflower seeds
    ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
    1 tab chia seeds
    2 tabs sesame seeds
    1 tab gluten (optional)
    1 tab skim milk powder
    2 tsp instant yeast
    1½ tsp salt

2 cups cold water
    1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Add water and vinegar to the soaked kibble grain mixture, which cools it. Add wet ingredients to dry to form a shaggy dough and mix well rolling the spoon over to incorporate air.

Cover and rise for 1–2 hours
    When the dough has risen, gently fold it over on itself once or twice.
    Tip into large greased loaf tin or split between two smaller ones. Don’t overfill.
    Rest for 30 mins until oven has heated up to 220°C.
    Spray top with water for a crusty top.
    Cook for 35 minutes. Remove from tin and return loaf to oven upside down.
    Cook for a further 10 mins on fan bake to finish the outside.
    Cool completely on a rack. It can be a wee bit soggy if too warm.

Fruit and nut variation
    Use the basic mixture and add following
    Soak 1 cup of dried apricots, currants and raisins in a few tablespoons of water (or fruit tea)
    Add ¼ tsp each of mixed spice, cinnamon and nutmeg with soaked fruit plus 1 tab brown sugar to the dough

Day 6 2nd post

@stitchincarol Well done on dipping below 160. Keep up that RESOLVE!!
    And you too @daffodil 2010!!
    @funshipfreddie Your house number is going to sparkle on your white gate like diamonds. I hope you have a big number!! You were a cheap date back then…
    Thanks for posting that 8 year old Pure White and Deadly article @flourbaby. It’s particularly scary when science is hijacked by ambition, politics and sloppy research…
    Great to hear about your whoosh – over a kg!!
    Cheers to your weekend going well @brightonbelle.
    @penz, @lilymartin and everyone else lurking I hope all is good with you.

STEELY RESOLVE!

Day 6-No. VA USA-FD 800

Hello to all fellow fasters. Doing a FD 800 today. Weight continues to go down slowly; I am now down 13# since January. Still more to go, of course!

Wow, @merryapple, that is an impressive bread. I love to make bread. But I would probably eat most of that in one sitting, if I could toast it up. Did I mention I also love toast? One of the things I remember most about a visit to Madrid years ago was that our hotel room was apparently above the kitchen, and every morning, we awoke to the fragrance of…TOAST.

@funshipfreddie, I totally back your efforts on your house and I hope you will be able to post a picture of the sparkly numbers when you are done. Here in the USA, “homeowner’s associations” are so restrictive and bossy and drunk with power…I dislike the idea that they know the best and only way for you to preserve the value of your property.

Have a good day, all.

Day 6 U.K. NFD

Yesterday wasn’t as disciplined as I’d hoped , will try an get back on track today , off for a long walk now and I’ll catch up on hosting duties tomorrow. Have a great day all

Day 6 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. Throat got really sore last night and is way again this morning, although I seem to be able to swallow with less pain. Insane allergies! Finally seeing a downward weight trend after resuming fasting this week. If I could just get well, I can really get back into the swing of things.

Anyway, since I took a Benedryl last night to hopefully reduce swelling in the throat alongside the Mucinex and Tylenol, it rather knocked me out somewhat until 11 a.m. today. So, it was an unintentional ZBC. I’m hoping to do a real fast tomorrow, but if my throat gets worse, I’ll be back at the doctor and I may be on round two of something.

Day 7 NZ NFD 74.7kg

Daylight saving is today – Fall back… So I’m up early…
    I’ve been eating well and am looking forward to a woosh to take me into the 73s… but I am fitter and my calf muscles are stronger and I know muscle weighs 2.5x heavier than fat so maybe just maybe I’m there already. However this could be a fine example of Sophistry…🤣 and/or wishful thinking 🤔
    Well done @excelsior12309 1 more lb and that’s a stone done and dusted!!!
    The bread is so easy to make once you’ve assembled all the ingredients. I seem to always give away the second loaf to someone!! It’s so full of non flour ingredients it should be good for this lower CHO WoL.
    @leoniraats I see on the sheet you’re doing really well too!!
    @northgeorgia Have you tried gargling things like salt water to ease your throat discomfort. It’s not a bad thing for your tonsils to be swollen. They are ‘train stations’ in the lymph system and swell up when they’re working hard to protect you. The chemo patients get really sore throats. If you google ‘chemo sore throat’ you might get some ideas to help with your symptoms.
    @funshipfreddie We wait with baited breath for the next instalment of gategate which has extended to numbergate.
    If you’re wondering how to space your solid letters and numbers you can lay them out on a photocopy machine… and look carefully at the negative space (the background) to see if they are optically balanced. You never notice when the spacing is correct, only when it’s out of whack…
    @jaifaim Since I’m up ‘early’ I think I’ll pump up my tyres and go for a bike ride!!
    @flourbaby I look forward to your bread comments as a professed lover of all things floury!!😜

Onwards and downwards on this healthy WoL

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@northgeorgia – sore throats are the worst?! I hope it’s eased off; I’ll leave you off the list just in case you’re not up to a FD today.

@merryapple – the numbers can’t go on my yard gate. They’re way too big. That sounds like a clever trick with the photocopier. But it’s just two numbers – a ‘6’ & ‘2’. I’m thinking of putting them just above & to the left of my dining room window. With the 2 lower than the 6. Something tells me that positioning them in a quirky manner, rather than just next to each other, will irritate Judy even more 😜

@excelsior12309 – We only have a chairman & two trustees. And now I’ve met with & spoken to them, I’ve found them to be really nice. They’re actually too easy-going, & have been happy to let Judge Judy call the shots. No-one’s bothered to stand up to her. Until now 😈

@at – you’ve been very quiet so far this month, but it looks like you’re on a fasting mission this week. Go for it! 💪 🎯

Happy S🌞nday!

Pocket List – Day 7 🥚
    @at
    @funshipfreddie

Day 7 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. I took another Benadryl/Tylenol/Mucinex “cocktail” last night since I had a full stomach. The soreness on one side of my throat has all but disappeared, so finally — some good news! Planning on a WFD today, but will of course play it by ear.

This week, if it plays out right, should reset me to mid-March levels. Lots of lunch interruptions at work this month, but even with those, if I stay the course, I may get reset by the end of the month to late February levels, where I was in the mid to low 220s.

I really want to beat my record low weight by the end of this year, which means losing 23 lbs. from today by the end of the year. Under 3 lbs a month — very doable, and exciting! Got to get well and find my mojo 🙂

Pocket List – Day 7 🥚
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 7 – NFD – South Africa 🇿🇦

Hey everyone! Hoping you all have a very relaxing Sunday.

Thank you to everyone who has been encouraging and thank you for the kind messages around the 72 hour fast and my weight-loss. It’s not easy and often, I in particular, am hard on myself. I always assume I’ve gained weight due to some fault of mine. Then I go back to journals, food, water and exercise trackers and realize I must be holding something back and not weight per se. The 72 hour fast helped prove that to myself. Sometimes it’s water retention. I struggle to drink so much water more often than not which is also my problem.I always feel full whether I eat or not. Now it’s just to obviously work an reducing the water retention and aim for the 2kgs weight-loss in April. I’ve been through a lot emotionally and hopefully from next week things will go better and I will be less exhausted and can train a bit again. PS I’ve been depleted and exhausted before the fast so it’s not that. I don’t drink any alcohol, I’m always below my calories. Hopefully the 5:2 method will help too as I am always ING fasting using the 16:8 method. Good luck for the week ahead everyone!

Day 7 – Ireland – NFD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Late and very quick check in from me… have been focussed this weekend… hope it stands to me this week…
    Wild wild weather here this weekend but also some glorious and much needed sunshine and surprising heat… managed a good beach walk and a pretty long cycle and avoided all housework and a lot of the usual weekend foods… 🤗
    @merryapple I spotted you got your bike out… I hope you enjoyed the spin… thanks so much for posting the bread recipe which I have only skimmed (looks yum and full of goodness) but will read all weekend posts in the morning.
    Night all! Here’s to a great new week everyone!💪

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 8 NZ FD 74.3kg 🏃🏼‍♀️

It was daylight saving on Saturday. I went to bed late because I watched 1984’s Wonder Woman on TV. The first 5 mins were great with the Amazons but after that 👎 Then I woke up early… I walked up Mt Eden to wake up because I need to use my brain today ☹️ It’s a lovely autumn day here.
    @funshipfreddie Ooh Glitter numbers on the window!!
    Next advice to take or leave!! Find the vertical centre line of the glass and space your numbers evenly either side despite whether they are above or below each other. If you’re hanging art works, standard museum practice is to find the horizontal centre of a work (no matter how big or small it is) then hang the work using that that center line at 1500mm from the floor with a low ceiling or 1600mm with a high ceiling.
    @jaifaim I especially like that avoiding housework to get into the great outdoors!!! My bike ride was to have coffee at a fantastic restaurant which runs a deli. Luckily all the pies had sold out otherwise I would have been sorely tempted!! They have access to a lot of wild food from the Deep South.
    @leoniraats Congratulations on your success so far despite any difficulties in your life. Because this is both a journey until we get to maintenance and a WoL we are all trying to establish good habits so we can have a good relationship with food, be healthy and look Absolutely Fabulous!!!
    My remark about be kind to yourself is to help with staying positive. There is no failure on this forum. It’s all about us helping and supporting one another to work out how to loose and then maintain weight loss. As well as more than a wee bit of chatter!! In other words, Keep that mojo rolling!!!

Onwards and downwards one and all!!

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.0 kg

Yesterday’s FD was a bit of a struggle, I think due to the cool & blustery weather. I tried to stay busy, but just wasn’t in the mood for doing much. So I went walking around the complex to stay away from food & to reach my 8000 steps. I was closely followed by Boo Boo, to the amusement of some of my neighbours. I’m sure she thinks she’s a dog sometimes. This morning it’s pouring with rain, & she’s gazing forlornly out of the patio window 😿

@leoniraats – what’s ‘ING’ fasting? I haven’t heard of that. I’m sure switching to 5:2 will feel easy after completing your 72 hour fast. I think most of us find the NFDs trickier than the FD’s.

@merryapple – no, I’m not putting the numbers ON the window?! That would just look weird, & even I’m not that rebellious 😅 I’m going to drill through the bricks & fix them to the wall, above the window. If the rain ever stops. Hanging pictures is a big pain. It took me about 3 or 4 days to hang my pictures after I moved in last year, because I’m a bit OCD about them looking right & all being equidistant from each other & the ceiling. So I just hung 3 per day until they were all up. Something I’d never trust anyone else to do for me, even if they worked in a museum! 😳

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 🎯 🏋

Pocket List – Day 8 🍌
    @merry🍎

Day 8-No.VA USA-FD800

Today is eclipse day; we will only get a partial eclipse here, but I am ready with special “glasses” for the afternoon event. Hope it isn’t too cloudy.

We did a lot of yard work yesterday, around the little koi pond we have. It is a pretty spot which would be a lot prettier if my corgi didn’t make it her business to knock all the rocks around the margins all over, looking for little lizards. The pond is home to a few koi and lots of bull frogs and tadpoles. And waterlilies.

I am officially down one stone, since January, as @merryapple said I would be, a few days ago, if I lost another pound! Now only one more stone to go….!

Pocket list, day 8
    @merryapple
    @excelsior12309

Day 8 UK f800

Much more of a relaxed weekend than I intended, but not all bad , got a few long walks in but far too many 🍺🥂 but hey that’s life , only day 8 3 weeks to turn things around , I do love these reset Mondays

Impressive recipe @merry🍎- I’m limiting bread to the occasional slice – I could quite happily eat a loaf otherwise 🍞

That sounds an achievable plan @northgeorgia but concentrate on getting back to full health first

Very good @excelsior12309 You’re very inspiring

I can just picture Boo Boo following you round @funshipfreddie 🐈

OK let’s do this 💪💪
    Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 🎯 🏋

Pocket List – Day 8 🍌
    @merry🍎
    @brightonbelle
    @excelsior12309

Day 8 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 227 lbs. Not a major drop since yesterday, but still nice. This is an incredible 8-9 lb drop in a week! My throat is feeling about 75% better, and my coughing fits are diminishing, so that’s good news. I plan a FD500 today but have to travel a bit, so I will have my “emergency kit” from work just in case any nausea appears. I decided 225 lbs will be my goal this month, but I expect I may dip lower. I’m on my way back to 210-land.

Pocket List – Day 8 🍌
    @merry🍎
    @brightonbelle
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 8 FD.

Pocket List – Day 8 🍌
    @merry🍎
    @brightonbelle
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Feeling a bit tired today. Work is giving me a headache, the same person has rang in sick again and I have to pitch in to assist…that’s the 3rd time already this year with her…I hope she is ok but I also feel put out that I have to take up the slack 😔

I see some great results this weekend with @northgeorgia and @stitchincarol, well done.

I was down at the start of the weekend but bobbed back up this morning.

Have a good Monday. Enjoy the eclipse those of you who can see it. Not much of a chance for anything here, skies are dark and rainy, so even a glimpse of the partial eclipse out west is highly unlikely.

Day 8 – Ireland – FD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Happy Monday everyone!

I had to force myself up and out of my bed this morning.. and went to the office as, like you, @merryapple getting up and out walking sometimes sorts out my fuzzy brain… was glad I did… even if I was drenched three times in all 😂 yes @daffodil2010 no chance of spotting any hint of an eclipse with this weather… shur you can’t even see the sun let alone see it being eclipsed by anything other than many many clouds… boo hoo! But can’t wait to hear the reports from the US!!

@northgeorgia you can do this… I’m also planning to get back to lowest and hopefully a little lower than that weight – ideally this month but if not… this year will do. Then that is where I will stay. But as @brightonbelle says… good to concentrate on getting back to good health before cutting out too much.
    @merryapple your bread sounds just divine… I would have to swap out a number of the ingredients but it’s definitely doable – the question is – would it be risky business to have such a delectable treat in my house… 🤔
    Bravo @excelsior12309 ⬇️ a stone!!! Bravissimo 👏

@funshipfreddie and @brightonbelle thanks for the resolve you sent.. I caught it and haven’t had a bad day at all.. had thought my restrained weekend and big cycle would affect my numbers in a positive way (Ie a negative way 😂) but no.. the usual frustrating Monday increase.. 🙃

@leoniraats I hope this WOL will work to make you feel a little better but it’s good just to know that you have support here. 👍

@stitchincarol I hope the travels are going well – we miss your chatter when you are away.

Was too busy all day to pop myself on the list but I was there 💪

Bye for now 👋

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting other

Day 9 NZ NFD 74.2kg

The 73s are beckoning if I stay the course…🤐
    We have rain heading our way but the South Island has a dreaded ‘atmospheric river’ heading towards it from the NW. Years ago Billy did a work about a Severe Tropical Cyclone that developed in the Pacific Ocean when he was travelling on a freighter as a guest of the captain with produce going from NZ to Japan. I researched and wrote an essay on the weather, satellites, sea states, the butterfly effect etc… Aristotle, YES ARISTOTLE, described the hydrological cycle correctly where water evaporates from the sea to sky to become rain clouds 🌧️ 350 odd years BC which is what we are having to deal with now with these terrifying floods…
    @jaifaim It was either a very wet day or a long walk to the office to get soaked three times!! I love the title of the book in @flourbaby’s article about sugar – Pure White and Deadly.
    @daffodil2010 That’s so frustrating for you… I hope she acknowledges you…
    @northgeorgia💪💪💪 ⛑️
    @excelsior12309 Yeah on being a whole stone lighter!!! This sounds so archaic doesn’t it!!
    When I first worked in Oakland a Dr prescribed Panadol using grains. I burst out laughing when I read it and said Who still uses medieval apothecary measures? He was standing right next to me and wasn’t amused!!!
    Your garden pond sounds lovely with bullfrogs and fish! I thought the cats would be more interested in lizards than a corgi!
    @brightonbelle It sounds like you had a great weekend!!
    @leoniraats Hang in here🙂
    @ccco Hope your FD went well for you.
    @funshipfreddie Maybe you should buy Madame Judy some eclipse glasses for when she next passes by 🤣🤣
    Cheers to everyone out there @lilymartin, @stitchincarol, @penz, @at

Steely Resolve!!

Day 8 – second post.

Sabotage.

As expected, and as I hope to disappear before it happened, after the meeting my coworkers insisted we get lunch together. I didn’t see anything on the menu that would be both under 500 calories and satisfying so I gave in. The good thing is I won’t have such a big supper and I will fast again on Wednesday.

USA. Day 8. FD

Thank you, Merryapple. Today’s FD went well and I am trying very hard to defeat my night time stress eating.

I hope all of you who could see and witness it, enjoyed today’s eclipse. It was quite fascinating to watch.

I hope everyone had a lovely day! 🤗

Day 9 – Ireland – FD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

The week is becoming a little tricky FD wise so I’m going to aim for another today as yesterday was a good day but made some lovely light veg soup which will do me today along with some nice protein at lunch.
    Feeling better than recently thankfully.. really think the weather is affecting so many of us… a very very long wet winter….

So glad someone got to see the eclipse @ccco and well done to you in resisting the treats.. that is no mean feat ⭐️

@northgeorgia these things happen… we go again…
    @merryapple not a super long walk but there and back and I forced myself out at lunch in the rain… nearly forced myself out again last night but thought enough is enough… will it every stop 💦🙃. What an interesting life Billy lived 💕 and your essay sound so interesting… you must have had the most amazing times together 💕 Yes “plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose” as they say in French… some things never change… 🥲

Have a great day everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 9 ⛴️
    @jaifaim

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Weather for ducks again today ☔️ I don’t think I’ll be getting my 8000 steps in today. But we need the rain; we keep getting messages from the municipality to ‘use water sparingly’.

@ccco – you got to see the eclipse! Lucky you, it was on the news the whole evening. It’s a very eerie experience. I was lucky enough to be working on Holland America’s Volendam in 2016, during the 30 day SE Asia & Solar Eclipse cruise. The captain was able to position the ship so we were in the ideal location to witness the spectacle, off the coast of Indonesia.

@excelsior12309 – I hope you got to see it too. 14 lb down since January! 💪🎯

@merryapple – 🤣 I think Judge Judy’s sunglasses will do the trick 😎 I tried to put up the numbers yesterday, but my old drill bits were useless against the brick, so I’ll have to get new ones.

@stitchincarol – ditto what @jaifaim said – we do miss your chatter. I hope the trip went well..

A sleep disorder ‘even doctors don’t know about’ :-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13284211/Wake-tired-hours-rest-sleep-disorder-doctors-dont-know-about.html

A neighbour/line-dancing buddy is making brunch later. He tells me I’m ‘too skinny’, so I’m quite happy for him to keep feeding me 😅 And his liver pâté is incredible. Luckily, his place is only a 2 minute walk from mine, so I won’t look like a drowned rat when I get there.

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons”. ~ Jim Rohn

Day 9 – FD – South Africa 🇿🇦 78.6kgs

Glad you hear you are feeling better @jaifaim. Sounds like you have the perfect plan for your FD today. Good luck, I hope today works out the way you planned.
    @funshipfredfie Enjoy your lunch. Good luck with those steps today.
    @merryapple I saw your weight-loss progress when I logged my weight this morning. WOW well done!

Have a good day everyone.

Pocket list Day 9 🍑
    @jaifaim
    @leoniraats

Day 9, London, UK, FD

Morning all.

It’s a quick one from me today and I think it’ll be sporadic posting this week. For good reason ………….🏡🏡🏠🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼!

No chicken counting here, but fingers crossed!

Must dash, I should be working but I need to sort out solicitors & surveys and, oh yes, actually do some work today!!🤣🤣

Hope everyone is KOKO, the scales once more are NOT playing ball, but I’m still just trusting the process!

I’ll catch up and chatter when I have a minute!

Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. My mom said of my co-workers, “they just don’t understand how hard it is to fast.” I don’t know if she meant that in reference to trying to sip water in a restaurant while others are eating food, commitment to fasting in general, or both, but it was nice to hear the support.

Ho hum. Today is a luncheon, but tomorrow should be a good day to fast.

2nd Post – Day 9

@flourbaby – exciting! Good luck! 🍀🌈🪙🤞🤞🏡

Pocket list Day 9 🍑
    @jaifaim
    @leoniraats
    @flourbaby

Day 9 UK f800

Thanks for sweeping up the list @funshipfreddie

Will be absent tomorrow as just arranging a quick visit to see DH parents, they are both declining rapidly but DHs dad had a fall last night and is currently in A &E but it doesn’t sound good and whilst we can’t do much we really need to visit , catch up Friday

Pocket list Day 9 🍑
    @jaifaim
    @leoniraats
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

USA. Day 9. FD

Another fsst day! Hope this one goes well!

Pocket list Day 9 🍑
    @jaifaim
    @leoniraats
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi, all. I have two minutes before the next session to say I’m missing chatting with you all. I ate decently yesterday (but keep in mind we were fed well, lol) and am water fasting today, so tomorrow’s weight should be decent. Talk to you then!

Day 10 NZ NFD 74.4kg 🏃🏼‍♀️

Our guava tree is loaded with fruit. I stand there popping them into my mouth thinking all this Vit C and antioxidants have got to be good for me!!
    I have just come back from Mount Eden. Several friends have asked if I would set up a walking group… Who needs to pay gym fees?!! I do need to remember to do planks for core strengthening. Funny how you forget to do exercise!!!
    @brightonbelle Oh dear. Take care and I hope everyone is kept comfortable and well cared for.
    @flourbaby Best of British with your house!!! 🤞🇬🇧
    @ccco You’ll get there… 💪
    🇺🇸 I see Mr Trump has posted a “bizarre solar eclipse campaign ad with his head plunging the US into darkness”
    There’s nothing like harnessing the powers of nature!!! 😅
    @funshipfreddie I would love for someone to call me too thin and take it upon themselves to feed me 😄
    @leoniraats Thank you! My losses are slowing down now I’m closer to my goal weight of 70kg. Although if I listen to @funshipfreddie and want someone to feed me up I’ll need to readjust and aim for 65kg!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@merryapple – that brunch was so good! Last night all I could manage was soup & some cheese/crackers. And I only managed 3000 steps, so I’m on a mission to catch up today. The line-dancing is always a good start to racking up the day’s steps though. Guava – I’d never even heard of it until I came to South Africa. I do like guava juice, but when I see the guava chopped up in a fruit salad I always think it looks like little lumps of raw flesh 😳 I just watched Trump’s new campaign ad 🤣 Yep, that head is definitely big enough to conceal the sun 😜

@brightonbelle – hoping all goes well with your dad 🤗

Gotta run. Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 10 – Ireland – CD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hello all
    @brightonbelle I’m so sorry to hear that your father in law is not well – I’m hoping that he is comfortable and being looked after.
    @flourbaby all the best with the plans and what fabulous news 🏡 🙏
    @merryapple well done on another great walk – a group sounds great 😊 Would the people who suggested join you? It’s great to have the option of walking with others… you may go further or faster with the distraction of chatter or not.. but it’s a great way to catch up with friends and get that exercise in… I’m trying to remember strength work.. you are right it drops off without you even realising 🤔
    Danced , walked and cycled yesterday… just short ones but good to be out in the …. Sun!

@northgeorgia great to hear that your mum is supporting you – that’s great now to have people around you who understand the changes you are making for a healthier you 💕💪
    Good to see you @stitchincarol and @ccco!
    @leoniraats keep the faith.

Yesterday was more FD800 but inching down again I think… feeling like a yo-yo between 155 -158 these days… just need to yo-yo three lbs lower and I’ll be happier.. still where would I be if I wasn’t keeping an eye in things? Hmmm let’s all think about that for a second…
    Right off I go into the rain again…

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 10 – NFD – South Africa 🇿🇦 – 79.6kgs 🙈

@jaifaim I am going through the exact same thing. The whole yo yo thing mine is just between 78 and 80 and I still need to achieve the weight loss of 2kgs within 20 days. Wish I could weigh the same as @merryapple at this point, 74 so close to that. When I weighed 70 I complained about not weighing 60 anymore. Now I would give my front teeth for that 70. Lol I’m with you it’s any woman’s dream to be called so skinny and to be fed by someone.
    @funshipfreddie I’m sure you will make up for your steps. So far I lost 10 days of exercise, not reaching close to my 8000 steps goal and can’t even manage my 3L water on fast days. My fatigue and headaches just gets the better of me.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕 “copied from @jaifaim

Day 10 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. I’ve been shunning soft drinks all week, obviously on FDs, but now on NFDs, and I think it is really helping. I notice I eat less and reach for more fruit and less candy or baked goods. I really want a soft drink to be as occasional or even less occasional as a slice of cake 🙂

Planning on a FD500 OMAD today.

Pocket list – day 10
    @northgeorgia

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD or whatever 😂 – 160.4

Oh, how much to try to report?? That’s always the challenge, huh? I’m proudest of how decently I ate while we were gone…I think it’s reasonable to say I ate “normally” and while I still haven’t figured out just what “normally” should look like for me at this age, this had to be a close approximation. 😇 And the area where the conference was took many steps to arrive there from the hotel area (all one building, but huge), so I even got to 5K steps each day; not bad for spending most of it sitting and listening. LOL!

Weight-wise, last Friday I dipped into the 150s, but on Wednesday morning, I was a pound heavier than I am today, so perhaps that means I’ve actually lost a pound. It’s so hard to tell with a body that fluctuates so wildly all the time, but I’m tentatively hopeful.

We fly to Indianapolis tomorrow (couldn’t bear the idea of that long drive there and back), arriving in time for supper with our daughter, son-in-law and three granddaughters, including one-month-old Mae, so I’m not going to WF tomorrow. But WF until we get there and call it OMAD? Eat normally today or really minimize the calories to make up for the lack of a WF tomorrow? Dunno, too many other things racing through my head. But that 160.4 is motivational…

Finished the binding last night, and got our tax extension filed, so I now have until October to get taxes filed…but I plan to accomplish them in June, or sooner if I can. Oh, and got the theme set for my Ascension Hymn Fest so now I need to choose music for it. I mention it because it’s the equivalent of a 75-minute organ recital for me, so it’s no small undertaking and the planning of it is the most challenging part, and the most relief-producing when that’s accomplished, LOL!

@merryapple Thanks for the bread recipe. I would adore it, I’m sure; DH and sons would not…despite my best efforts over the years, they all lean toward Wonder Bread. 🙁 But I may make it anyway, making it GF for the elder son to also enjoy. We’ll see, but thanks!

@excelsior I’m totally dazzled at the weight you continue dropping.

@brightonbelle So sorry to hear about your father-in-law’s fall. ❤️

Okay, I’ve managed to read all posts, and am smiling at all the various news. We did manage to see the eclipse on Monday also, just at the beginning; that’s always a fun thing to witness. In Indiana, it was a full eclipse (I think) and it actually got dark, and we got lots of pictures from them.

My cleaning lady comes today, which seems like the hugest inconsequential detail I could spend time on…but it’ll sure be lovely to come home to a clean house on Monday, and it’s certainly a cluttered mess now, so I’m pulling on my big girl panties and tidying this morning.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Second post

@flourbaby Did your words and emojis mean you’re maybe buying a house???

USA. Day 10 WFD

Down 4.8 lbs. Finally, the scale moved. In honor of that success, today is a WFD! Hopefully, I am on a role!

Pocket list – day 10
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

I can see others here are also yo yoing with our weights! It is so easy to have some success and then relax our efforts. Also, I need to stop rewarding myself every time I achieve something. That always winds up going sideways! That’s my new goal…stop rewarding myself until I reach my goal, then I can celebrate!

Have a successful day, everyone! 😊

Day 11 NZ FD 74.5kg 🏃🏼‍♀️

I’ve joined Imgur so I could see your absolutely beautiful quilt @stitchincarol! And can see you peeking over the top!!
    Here’s my darling Mr Mac. Fingers crossed it works!
    https://imgur.com/a/Wd4BHTG
    There is a new black cat with white mittens in the garden just now drinking out of Mr Mac’s bowl. I keep it going because the birds use it for their morning wash…
    @ccco That’s wonderful to hear!! Every little bit counts!!
    @stitchincarol No!!!! Wonder bread🙁Billy made a pop art work about Wonder bread in the mid 1960s😀The name says it all!! I wonder if it’s bread?!! You can see what kind of bread I like😅
    Enjoy meeting Miss Mae!! And your family. And great to hear your mojo is😇
    @northgeorgia Your dentist will be pleased too!! Well done on your decision making.
    @leoniraats Just stay the course and it will happen… That’s what I’ve learned. Consistency is the key and your body does the rest😅 Do you fill in the tracker? At the beginning of each month I am down from the previous month but I’m often up during the month. You have already done a fabulous job to get into the 70s. Just keep it going and like I say be kind to yourself – this is a WoL🙂
    @jaifaim The walking group is mostly for the pre work walkers up Mt Eden. The weekend would be doggie walks. We have a 12 yo Westie called Cherie and 2 yo Paisley the Scottie in our group. My good friend is talking about getting a bike so we can go bike riding together much to my delight.
    I seem to recall you get yourself into your ideal zone then go away on hols to the food capitals of the world – Belgium choccies and French fare🤣 Perhaps your next destination should be ??Bulgaria🫨😂
    After that comment my pledge is do a 2 minute wall sit and plank and 60 sit-ups plus my rotator cuff shoulder exs today☹️ I have already been up Mt Eden…
    @funshipfreddie We have two Guava trees in our wee community garden. One is dark red and small, the other is a couple of bites and fleshier, not as tasty and ripens later. I shall think of you when I cannibalise them 😅 I tend to cook these.
    Your brunch maker sounds great! I’m sure he appreciates someone who enjoys eating what he cooks.
    Perhaps you could put a couple of pirouettes into the line dancing to increase your step count🤣
    All the best for the day everyone!!

Pocket List🍒
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @leoniraats

Day 10 -No. VA USA-NFD

A late post today. Thanks for the encouragement from all of you!
    @stitchincarol your quilt is a work of art! How talented you are.
    @merryapple, I just had to say, “Awww…” when I saw the picture of Mr. Mac. What a dog!
    My experience of guavas has been with guava juice, in cold drinks; and perhaps as a jam or jelly. I don’t think I cared for my few attempts at “raw” guavas. But I like them prepared, or cooked, perhaps. So I am in the “ambivalent about guava” camp.
    @brightonbelle, best wishes for your FIL. Sounds serious.
    Good vibes to fellow fasters!

USA Day 10. FD

Thank you, Merryapple! Seeing that success on the scale motivated me to have a successful day fasting today. I am hoping for another one tomorrow! Also, Mr. Mac is adorable! 😍

Stitchincsrol, I love the giraffes and what a beautiful quilt! 👍

jaifaim and LeoniRaats, I am in same boat with going up and down. I have to stop treating myself every time I succeed at something. LOL. Hence, the yoyo!

Hope everyone is having a great evening/night, except Merryapple,l who has already moved on to Day 11. To you, I say have a great day!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.