Am i right for this?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fitnfast 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I am a big guy, I am fortunate that I can exercise but I need to lose 100 lbs. I am not that concerned about how long it takes but I am wondering if fasting is the right approach for someone like me who is technically obese. Cheers!

Hi Big and welcome:

There are quite a few people that report losing 100 pounds or more, but it will take time. The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week over time (initial water weight losses can be quite a bit more than that, and some that are really heavy to start with and are diligent in their efforts can lose a pound and a half to two pounds a week for awhile).

I recommend that you only start exercising after you have lost the first 20-30 pounds. Exercise will be easier then, you will know how the diet affects your body and you will know the diet works. If you start to exercise at the same time you start the diet, experience has shown that you might end both too soon.

Here is some information that might help you get started with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. I suggest to start you read the ‘Warnings’ and the TDEE links, and if you are keen on exercise, the Exercise link.

Good Luck!

simcoeluv…thanks for the feedback. As I indicated, I am lucky that I am healthy enough to exercise and be active to some degree. Although my BP and Cholesterol are not good. I do not want to demean anyone’s goals on this site but for me, the important aspect of trying this now is to improve my health. As you would expect, being 100 lbs overweight brings with it a few different health issues, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, high blood pressure. So my main goal is to improve these areas. I know that losing weight will likely benefit all of them. So I cannot think of this diet as a gimmick where I eat whatever I like on the non-fast days. After all, the main reason I am in this position is poor eating habits, too much meat, too much fat, too much sugar, etc. So I plan to try this for a while and to improve my diet on the non-fast days as best I can. Thanks.

Fat and meat aren’t the problem; carbs (especially refined) and sugars are. Fat and protein are healthy, fill you up faster and better. Fat got a bad rap in the past decades and it was undeserved. Breads, pasta, even some fruits and vegetables are what raise insulin levels and store fat. Fasting and lowering your carb intake will not only shift those 100 lbs but correct your blood work also.

Good luck!
    http://Www.intensivedietarymanagement.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.