Am I losing weight to fast

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Am I losing weight to fast

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi I have just started the 5.2 on Monday I have done well with my eating on fast days sticking within my 500 window my none fast days I’m eating just under 1100 calories not purpose just full really my calories are 1200 on none fast days but I have already lost 6lbs in 4 days I’m worried if this is to much I would be very grateful for feedback thanks

Hi Shelly. We don’t know your dieting history or your stats but you always tend to have a good loss on the first week of any diet. That being said I don’t think your eating a lot of calories on non fast days. Not sure from your post if your eating just under 1100 or 1200. There’s a good calculator on here which you put your current weight and height in and how active you are and it gives you an idea of how many calories you should be eating.

Hi Choosiesusie, on non fast days is it advisable to stick your TDEE ? I am considering doing the fast diet again. I did it years ago in 2013 to loose a stone and found it great. I didn’t have have the benefit of the web site then or know anything about TDEE or BMR . Thanks

TDEE is the number of calories burnt in a day scaling BMR to level of activity. This is the number of calories you need daily to maintain your current weight and is about the amount you should eat on the days you’re not fasting. It depends on how active you are. Regular exercise burns up calories and is good for you

Copied from the ‘How it works” in the menu bar.

Many thanks Choosiesusie

A healthy and safe pace of weight loss is 1-2 pounds (0.45-0.9 kg) per week (1, 2, 3 ). More rapid weight loss is regarded as unhealthy and could result in a variety of health issues, such as gallstones, nutritional shortages, muscle loss, and a slowed metabolism (4, 6, 7, 8).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.