Am I doing this right?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Am I doing this right?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• What intrigued me about this 5.2 approach is looking at my calorie intake on a weekly basis. So I could indulge one day and adjust the next day giving me the permisssion to eat forbidden foods without the guilt.

I started Monday weighing 186.2 and dropped to 184.4 Tuesday, 181.2 Wednesday, 182.2 Thursday, 181.8 Friday with Saturday morning at 184. Monday and Wednesday are my fast days. I indulged the rest of the time but have tried to keep calories under control. Monday was 498, Tuesday was 1582, Wednesday was528, Thursday was 1884 and Friday 1909. So far a total of 6481 calories consumed. According to Loseit for me to lose 2 lbs a week I need to eat no more than 1247 calories a day or 8729 calories per week. Is this too high? Should I cut it by 2 days 500 and five days 1247.
    59 year old female
    BMI 28.8
    BMR 1442
    TDEE 1731 ( I do exercise but I went with the most inactive TDEE. Still seems high! Equal to 12,117 calories to maintain, subtract lose it calories suggestion of 8729 would leave a deficit of 3388 calories. Or just 1 pound a week.

Bottom line..how many calories do you all consume on a weekly basis and still lose weight?

I’m 68 and started 12 weeks ago with a BMI of 25.2. I’m now down 17+ pounds with a BMI of 22.3. I count calories meticulously on fast days which are 500 calories. I rarely count calories on non-fast days, but I try not to go overboard on what I eat and I avoid processed sugar completely. I do eat lots of fruit. I’ve been losing an average of about 1.5 pounds per week. I get very little exercise, mostly just walking. I have no idea what my total weekly calorie count is.

Keep in mind that calories are just an estimation on the recipes of processed foods. They are taken from huge national or international tables of calorie estimates. Individual foods probably vary by growing conditions, methods of processing, etc. while I do count calories on fast days, I regard them as a “best guess” scenario at best. I don’t make myself crazy over the numbers.

Maddy…

I haven’t gone into so much detail…do your two 500 days then your NFD’s I would keep about 200 calories below your TDEE which would be for you 1500 calories….occasionally go up a bit more if you really need to.

Your excerise has nothing really to do with weight loss..they say it’s 90% food and the 10% excerise helps with the toning and health.

It’s a way of life not a diet, changes you are making are for life…weigh in after your second fast day and make a note weekly..also measure your bust, waist, hips and I do tops of my legs make a note monthly…it’s surprising how you loose inches when the scales are not moving.

Join one of the threads which you like the sound of and suits you, they really help you keep motivated give you help and support…when you have your ups and downs.

I am maintaining now loosing 34 lbs and in size 12 clothes…my friend going on holiday asked me how I lost my weight …she has been on 5.2 for 4 months now going on holiday next week has lost 35 lbs, when back she has a bit more to go.

If you put the effort in..it gets much easier..

Good luck

Jean

Hi Maddy and welcome:

It depends on your TDEE. This post will answer most of your questions: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Im much the same as califdreamer so probably the wrong person to be giving advice. I don’t count calories at all. My fast days are water only so real easy to add up the calories. Non fast days I don’t count either. Im in maintenance so I only fast one day per week. BMI 22.1. Ive found that my tastes have changed. The healthier I eat the less I actually want sugary treats. Im assuming that’s what you mean by forbidden foods?

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am trying to learn how not to sabotage the diet by beating myself up for simply eating. Sweets are not my downfall. Wine, eating out and cooking. Typically I go for low carb but I am trying not to fall into that trap with this diet. So many times I am either being “good” with low carb choices or just flat off the wagon trying to get in as many carbs as I can before I am back to low carb.

Last night was fresh pasta with scallops, full on Greek salad, a good chunk of wine, blah, blah blah…I weighed 185 this AM from a starting weight 186.2. I am still down and plan on a lighter meal day today. Just hoping to make this sustainable and not derail myself off this WOL. I guess that is why I am so obsessed with calorie counts. I want to believe I can lose weight without going to dietary extremes.

Eating lots of vegetables/salads probably isn’t a dietary extreme? As long as you limit your processed foods you should be fine. Get your carbs from fruit and veg rather than grain based foods.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.