Advice needed please

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I am a 55 year old male from Melbourne Australia who was diagnosed type 2 diabetic and commenced insulin at the time of my diagnosis in July 2013. In September last year I commenced the Eight week blood sugar diet and lost approximately 12 kilos and have been able to cease taking insulin and now take Byetta and diabetes 1000XR to control my diabetes . My latest hba1c result of 6.1 in mid February was my best result to date and my diabetes team are excited with my results.

My next goal is to lose another 15 kgs and hopefully be in a position to stop my prescribed medicines And I am unsure whether to go back to following the Blood sugar diet or to commence the 5.2 Fast Diet. Whilst my initial lifestyle changes reaped rewards I am aware of the limitations of following an 800/calorie plan long term and wondered if I may be better suited to the 5.2 over the long term/ future. I have also considered the 16.8 option but feel that 5.2 may be a better option for me given my current medication timeframes.

Any advise from others who have found themselves in a similar situation would be appreciated.

Thank you for any assistance

Regards and best wishes to all

Cameron

Hi,

First of all, well done on your results so far.

I don’t have personal experience of type 2 Diabetes but I’m sure that the BSD is supposed to be for 8 weeks only and it is then suggested that people move to 5:2 which is definitely more sustainable long term.

I’m also sure that those with experience of T2D will be along soon togive you the benefit of their experience.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.