Active fulll time mum – more cals on fast day?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Active fulll time mum – more cals on fast day?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  diverdog 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello everyone! This is my first time posting. I started the 5:2 around 4 or 5 weeks ago and I’m seeing some great weight loss, although I stayed the same this past week which has been a bit annoying but I guess it happens from time to time! I am a full time mum to two young boys aged 3 months and 5. I’m on my feet for most of the day and do a lot of housework, walking for tharound school run, generally keeping active. Today was a fast day and I ate 600 calls…could this be the reason my weight loss has stopped? I do try to stick to 500 but the last few fast days have been more like 600. I’ve definitely burned more than 100 calls today running around like a loon! I might try a 0 cal day and see how I get on but I worry about my energy levels since I have young children to look after. Any advice? Thanks!

Hi RHD,
    You will still lose weight if you are eating 600 calories on a fast day, and normal healthy eating on the other days.
    The best thing you can do is keep it sustainable, even if that means 600 calories every fast day.
    Just keep at it! Look at it over months, not over weeks.
    Cheers to you!

Don’t get sucked into the “I’m active so I can eat more calories mindset”. More and more research shows that activity while very important for health does almost nothing for fat loss. If you are eating at or below TDEE on NFD’s you will lose fat on 600 calorie fast days but it’s best to shoot for <500.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.