About those stomachs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  atcgirl 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I know we all come from different places and some people are just trying to take off baby weight or lose 20 pounds that have accumulated over the years.

That’s not me. I am clinically morbidly obese and have been for probably half my 69 years. Nevertheless, I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for 4 months and have lost enough weight to really see the difference. It’s come off many parts of my body but I still have a pendulous belly and a distinct spare tire around my hips.

I know the conventional knowledge is that that’s the fat that persists and usually needs to be surgically removed. That won’t be an option for me. So I wonder, are there people who have managed to burn off all of the belly fat?

I just want to know it’s possible or adjust my expectations to be realistic.

I started september last year at 10 stone 2 (am 5’4″). Am now 9 stone 0. My belly measurement has finally started to budge, having been 36″ until a few weeks ago and now it’s 35″. I anticipate if I lost another stone it would probably only go down another inch and I’d look even more pregnant than I do already!

I’m very much a ‘skinny fat’ person. I am a healthy weight but the measurement around my belly is 4″ larger than is deemed healthy (half my height). I used to be super fit and in the military but a fibromyalgia diagnosis now means I’m mostly fat and have very little muscle – most of this fat has settled around my spare tyre which has been VERY hard to budge.

I’m skinny all over but I started ADF in October to get rid of a burgeoning beer belly. My profile is now slim but I can still grab a handful of exceedingly stubborn fat. My already skinny limbs are getting skinnier but the last remnants of belly fat persist! I really should give up beer but that’s never gonna happen.

I do wonder that about wine, but that’s never gonna happen either!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.