A quick dive into fasting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TrueMirror 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• The other day I started my fast. I had researching a little about fasting and landed on the FMD (Fasting Mimmicking) which seemed pretty interesting. The idea behind that is to eat 2 avocados a day to keep your body in a ketogenic state till the 5 days are up. (I figured I’d ask you guys, right?) so it caught my attention being that I have never fasted before and the idea of eating SOME food vs. no food was more appealing. Now my personality is to just jump into things so I tried it the next day. (Bad idea?) I think I was doing everything right. I mean what can you screw up? Day one was not too bad, just hungry. Day 2 rolled around and I was wiped out. Not just hungry which wasn’t the worst of the ailments. I had zero energy. (Is this normal?) Like none. By the end of day two my body was in shut down energy reserve mode cause i just felt sore and perpetually like I just finished a work out. Haha.
    Ok now here’s where it gets good. Day 3 comes around and honestly I feel a little better with energy. But a few hours in I start vomitting. I hate to report but I ended up breaking the fast halfway through that day.

Ok, so. Not really an interesting story. Some more side effects is that as I reasonably slowly got my self back into food, I literally could not stop eating. Like my body was full but I had a feeling like I just needed to keep eating….. Weirdest thing. Cause I thought my stomach would be smaller. So is this normal? (Especially the puking part) I thought maybe you guys had some answered. Honestly I want to try it again maybe in a month or two.

Let me explain my body type lastly.
    5’8″. Male. 145 pounds. I’m pretty into fitness so I workout quite a bit but I only do the intense body weight stuff. One arm push-ups and junk like that. Also a boxer. So I guess you would say I’m more “ripped” than “jacked” if that makes any sense. Basically all I’m trying to say is that I don’t have any visible fat on me so I don’t know if that bad for fasting or not. I also try to eat as clean as possible and ultra low-sugar intake. Let me know!

So what is it that youre trying to achieve by fasting?

Hi, ketogenic state means, you run mostly on fat instead of sugar, if you have no fat to run, you have luck of energy, I think this may be the reason why you feel out of energy. Usually you get into ketogenic state, if you are out of carbs completely not out of food completely, people on Atkins diet try to reach ketosis to lose weight. This diet is about fasting just few days a week and not consecutive days. Some are doing 5:2, some every other day, they eat zero to 500 cal during the fasting day. More than one fasting day in row is difficult to manage for unprepared person. Vomiting is not normal and you should have more energy rather than being out of it.

There are people doing detox via fasting for a week or month. But it takes some preparation, start with vegetable, fruits and then complete fasting. If you start fasting for 5 consecutive days from normal food you could hurt yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.