6:1 + IF?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone, I am very interested in the 5:2 diet and have started 6:1 since a couple of weeks. I wonder if I can combine 6:1 with daily IF (8 hours feed, 16 hour fast), meaning I will skip my breakfast and have lunch directly and once a week keep a complete fast. Do you think this would have a similar benefit? Do you know of anyone who has done this? thanks!

If you are trying to lose weight you need to consume less calories than your body needs, it doesn’t matter how you do it.

I do something similar, but then I’m now maintaining my weight rather than actively trying to lose weight. When I was losing weight I combined 5:2 and 16:8, and ate no added sugar and minimal processed carb.

There has been a small study (reported on Trust me I’m a Doctor in the UK) which found that there are benefits to eating in a restricted feeding window, including reduced body fat.

The only way you’ll know is by trying. But bear in mind that it is still possible to overeat doing 16:8.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.