6 Weeks in and stopped losing weight… help!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
6 Weeks in and stopped losing weight… help!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Westozzybloke 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I’m a big guy- 21st 3lbs at the start of the diet.

In the first week I lost 7lb
    second week 4lb
    by week 4 I’d lost 14lb-great!
    Since then- nothing, week 6 and for the second week in a row I’ve lost no weight, maybe even put a pound on- I’m stuck on 20st 2lb.

I’ve lost an inch or so on my belly, nothing on the waist.

I do either 2 or 3 days fasting/week- I don’t cheat, I count calories- and overcharge myself for the things I consume.

I seem to have adapted to the regime very quickly, and while I’m hungry on my fast days I seem less bothered by it- although I do wake up hungry the next day, and no I don’t pig out on the days after.

I’m getting a little dismayed, I’ll keep going for a month or so more, but if nothing happens, of course if the weight starts to go again then I’ll keep it up.

I want to lose 70lbs in total- I’ve given myself 18 months to do it, I’ve thought this through.

I guess I don’t get Fasting (particularly if you’re as big as I am) and not losing weight.

Any encouragement, or similar experiences?

Thanks for reading.

I had pretty much the same start as you and then increased weight from week 7 to 9. Nothing particular about diet or exercise those weeks to explain it. Now back on track loosing 1-2lb a week and soon to reach my first goal (a BMI of 25)

Stick to your first decision and I am sure you will get back on track. You lost 13lb on 6 weeks – a very fine average indeed .

I believe exercise is important and like others in this forum has found that cycling 1 hour four days a week is helpful. Brad Pilon (author of Eat-Stop-Eat) claim that science has shown resistance training (weight lifting) to be most effective in reducing weight. In fact he advocate always to combine fasting and training.

Don’t panic goonalan! Just stay in the 5:2 zone, sometimes it does seem as if we have lost no weight yet notice some changes in body shape.
    Keep posting as I am sure I will be reading about a great weight loss from you in the next few weeks.

Goonalan, things may be “going on inside” that you are not aware of! From what I’ve read on other posts on this subject, you may find that even if you don’t lose weight according to your scales for a little while, the tape measure may show you different results. My DH had about 5 weeks when he didn’t appear to lose any weight, but he lost 4 cms from round his tummy in that time. Please don’t lose heart, you will come out the other end.

Thanks for the replies, spent a while going through other posts on the forum after I posted this- should have done that first, my bad.

I’ll keep with it and report back.

Thanks again for the wise words, much appreciated.

I´m a male 47, started 5 2 April, lost weight 12 kilos 78kg=> 65kg), 10cm thinner on belly bottom level. That all happened untill the end of June. After that, no weight lose anymore, allthought I´ve kept following the program as before, and eaten same way on non-fasting days. Well, maybe 1,5 cm more off from belly, but no weight lose anymore.

I exercise a lot (as I did before starting 5 2), Im 175cm. Is it that I´vereached the limit` for my body type with this diet?

Im actually reached my goal on weight lose and getting the belly level just that little less than half of my body lenght - quite happy! But it seems that I cannot go on to so calledmaintenance diet, 6:1, otherwise I would start gaining weight and fat again?

At 65kg and with a BMI of about 21, I would guess that you are more than ready to start a maintenance plan. What makes you think you can’t do this? Maintaining your current weight is what maintenance is about. There are different ways of maintaining, 6:1 is only one of them. You could just fast twice a month or once a month. You just need to find the plan that’s right for you 🙂

Well I had 2 weeks holiday in early July, with just one fast day during that (other days typical holiday food &alcohol). I gained 4kg back (and since that holiday 5:2 as before, reaching my before-holiday weight not untill the end of August, since that no weight lose). That´s why I think that if I would start dieting 6:1 or twice a monthor any lighter versions of fasting diet, I would starting to gain weight again.

Any other people sharing my experience of limitwith 5:2?

You sound pretty in shape.
    Google marks daily apple for a more holistic approach to maintaining your body.
    Incorporates exercise, diet and if.

It sounds to me you are not so much about weight loss as making your body look/ feel better. I’m probably in a similar space.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.