5 stone to lose and can't wait!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
5 stone to lose and can't wait!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jennyh 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there. I’m doing my first fast day today and am really looking forward to seeing results. My step mum and my best friend have had great results doing 5:2 and so hopefully I will too. I have been overweight for a long time now and I really want to get back to the old me again. I can’t wait to buy clothes that I like rather than clothes that fit me and would never normally buy. I can’t wait to be able to play a game of tennis with my son without being self-conscious.

I have a friend’s wedding next year on the 4th July and I would love to be 10 and a half stone for it. So today is the start of my personal challenge, but better than that it is the start of a new life and me! If anyone has any motivational hints and tips they want to pass on along the way then please do. I would love to hear you! Wish me luck!

Hi daisy!

And best of luck!!!!

You have made the right decision! I love 5:2 …it is not the ‘quickest’ method of weight loss – but it is slow and steady!

Like you I have quite a few stone to lose (a little more than you do…but I am getting there…maybe hit the first stone with 5:2 this week – having lost weight on different diets before)

My main tip is…make the plan work for you. I don’t take tea/coffee on a fast day…apart from the first cup…I am not yet ready to give up my morning cuppa!…I find it works for me to restrict carbs on a fast day and to completely cut out refined carbs on those days….and I find spices help me to get the most flavour and enjoyment from every precious morsel on a fast day.

I have been doing a LOT of knitting recently too! It is something to focus my mind on, on fast days!….and I love fruit teas during the day.

Write down EVERYTHING you eat/drink. There are a number of apps for phones/tablets that help with this.

Stay focussed….and maybe start a journal….you CAN do this!

Best of luck again!

Hiya & best of luck with your new lifestyle 😉

I was a bit over (no idea by how much cos I didn’t take any start measurements) 15 stone in August 2012 and am currently hovering just over the 11 stone mark with 1 more stone to go to my personal goal (10 stone). The Wii insists I should be aiming for 9st 3lb but it can bog off! 😉

The first year was the main ‘loss’ year for me, I dropped 3 stone and 2 dress sizes in the first year and have dropped 1 more stone (almost) and 1 more dress size (in most shops) this year. It is slow and steady but it’s easy and it’s sustainable.

My best tips are to drink water like it’s going out of fashion, don’t let the hunger genie out of his bottle by eating too early (as he really doesn’t want to go back in) on fast AND non-fast days and reapeat to yourself often “I can have that tomorrow” – whenever temptation strikes.

Best of luck Daisy! …..hope you’re doing well

Good tips there…thanks Buttonboots. I’m going to take up knitting, great stress reliever.

Well done TracyJ….it’s great motivation to hear of other’s success and thanks for the tips.

I have 6st to lose… been lugging it around for too long. I have gone through a huge amount of stress over the past 8 years but thankfully this has eased off and I feel confident that I can focus on taking care of myself…..exercise, plan what to eat and watch the scales go down. I am 54, 5’8″, 17st 8, wear a size 18 and am completely healthy…..apart from being obese.

On the fast day, I start well….not eating until at least 2pm but then blow it by not being organised and eating the first thing I see while I prepare food for myself. In future, I’m going to make veggie smoothies…100ml coconut milk, good handful spinach, handful blueberries, scoop protein powder, 1 tblsp chia seeds, 1 tblsp
    flaxseeds…..if too thick, add some water. It tastes lovely

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.