5.2 Diet Women Meal Plans: What to eat for 500 calories fast days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
5.2 Diet Women Meal Plans: What to eat for 500 calories fast days

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Charlotta 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Are you doing the 5:2 diet? The 500 calorie fast days are obviously the hardest part of the diet – how on earth are you supposed to survive on just 500 calories all day? It can be done.

The point of the 5:2 diet is that you give your body 2 fast days and 5 days where you eat normally, albeit slightly healthier. The diet is fast becoming the nation’s favourite weight-loss option and the fast days needn’t be as scary as they sound.

We’re not saying they’re not going to be hard but if you plan your day throughly you can make sure they’re as easy as they possibly can be.

We’ve collected (website http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/538311/5-2-diet-meal-plans-what-to-eat-for-500-calorie-fast-days) together calorie-counted recipes and ideas for breakfast (under 100 calories), lunch (under 200 calories), dinner (under 200-300-400)and snacks (under 100 calories) so you can piece together a 500 calorie meal plan that suits you. Some people like to have one big meal, while others need to eat more frequently. Our meal planners below will show you how it’s done, then its over you. Pick from our breakfasts under 100 calories, lunches under 200 calories and dinners under 200, 300 and 400 calories to make the most out of your 500 calories.

I found this on the website http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/538311/5-2-diet-meal-plans-what-to-eat-for-500-calorie-fast-days

I am finding it difficult finding information on your recipes. I found this website above, if it’s suitable to the 5.2 Diet Plan in your book. Love to buy your book if that’s available in Australia. Can I get access to recipes please to make it easy.

Finally found an Australian Bookstore that stocks you books and free delivery. For fellow Australians here is the website

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/promotions/featured/the-fast-diet/c/the-fast-diet?gclid=CjwKEAjwv9-gBRD5ofn2jd2N0UUSJACcdils62MCW7NXwaFn5r8SjEiUyrToQhsWzSqOK-V69YgMjhoCwcvw_wcB

Thank you so much for finding the recipe website!! I’d been doing a lot of looking and getting a little frustrated. Was using this as an excuse not to begin. But here I am – day 1, so here goes!!

Thanks Kreuzfree. I really appreciate you sharing this recipe site x

Food on fasts days – the goodtoknow website looks great to work out a plan within the 500 calories. Also everyone can use website is for women and men.

I consulted my doctor yesterday – taking medication for chronic health conditions — The Fast Diet advise everyone under a doctor’s care to consult her before starting the diet. This is especially true for people who are taking medication to control their conditions. So please do talk to your about any major changes in your diet or exercise routine!

My doctors response yesterday – not everyone can fast but follow an healthy food and exercise program to lose the weight. When I found the website at least I can start my The Fast Diet Plan. I wish to buy the 5.2 Fast Diet books.

For headaches you are dehydrated. Drink a salt drink and keep drinking plenty of water. Normally you get a lot more water in your food and also the salt in your food keeps your fluids up.

If you haven’t already found it, read the FAQ above for how to do this diet. Its 500 calories for women on fast days. TDEE or little less on non-fast days. You can use my fitness pal (I haven’t found that) if you want to track your calories. Also find it helpful to eat on non-fast days in an eating window of about 8 hours. This gives you a 16 hours fast overnight which has healthy benefits.

I haven’t watch this yet – also watch the catalyst program called gut reaction about the health benefits of fibre. Especially important if you have many other chronic health conditions!!. You can find it on You Tube and also eat fast and live longer the main program by MMosley.

Food on fasts days, it easier not to eat breakfast until i’m hungry. which is usually lunch and then an early dinner and that’s it for me. I find black tea to be good.

Most of the weight you lose in the early phases is water. The losses will slow down but do not be discouraged. you may just need to tweak things a little as you go along.

Hi kreuzfree, Thank you so much for posting the link to the Good to know website, its a life saver. I was beginning to get quite despondent on my fast days and just looking at the recipes has cheered me up and given me a few ideas for tonight’s 2nd meal. Thanks for sharing.

Silverlady46 I agree with you, it’s a great website. Thank-you kreuzfree
    I also got a similar type of thing for my kindle.

For an ignoramus, what is miso soup?
    Thanks

What is miso soup?
    Miso paste is created from a mixture of soybeans, sea salt and rice koji and then fermented. The fermentation process creates enzyme-rich compounds that are effective in detoxifying. It has been used for centuries in Asian cultures as a form of probiotics, to strengthen the immune system, and to provide beneficial B12.

CHICKEN MISO SOUP
    http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/511753/chicken-miso-soup

*Miso Soup Benefits*
    Miso is a Japanese product made from fermented soybeans, wheat, rice or barley. It is commonly used as a flavoring agent for soups, sauces or pickling applications in Japanese culture. When making miso, soy is commonly used with other items added into the mixture. Yeast is then added to begin the fermentation process, creating a buttery textured paste. Miso is an essential ingredient for the classic and delicious Japanese recipe miso soup.

*Miso Soup Nutrition*
    Miso contains several essential vitamins and minerals, as well as poly and monounsaturated fats. It also has a high level of protein, dietary fiber, carbohydrates, omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. You can consume as much as 7.78 gm of carbohydrates, 3.36 gm of fat, 6.02 gm of protein, 1.9 gm dietary fiber, 998 mg sodium and 367 mg potassium from one serving of miso. The soup is also high in manganese, zinc, iron, calcium, copper and vitamin C. Because miso soup is high in sodium it should be consumed in moderation.

*Miso Soup Benefits*
    The nutrition in miso soup is the key to the overall health benefit of consuming this dish.
    -Minerals. There are several benefits to consuming miso soup as part of your regular diet. Miso is high in zinc which can help to heal wounds and boost the immune system. The high amounts of copper and manganese in this ingredient can also help to protect the body from oxidative damage from free radicals while improving overall energy levels.
    -Antioxidants. Miso also contains high amounts of antioxidants which will further boost the immune system and limit damage. Miso contains vitamin K which assists with blood clotting to prevent excessive bleeding during injury.
    -Amino Acids. The combination of ingredients in miso soup is high in amino acids that allow this meal to act as a complete protein.
    -B Vitamins. The vegetables in this soup are a good source of B vitamins with miso providing an excellent source of vitamin B12 in particular.
    -Dietary Fiber. Miso is also high in dietary fiber that can improve overall digestive health. It helps to stimulate digestive fluid production in the stomach, replaces essential probiotics and strengthens the quality of lymph fluid and blood for better overall bodily function.
    -Essential Bacteria. Miso is fermented, which means this product contains essential bacteria that can improve the digestive system. Fermented products, particularly those made of soy like miso, have been found to lower women’s risk of breast cancer. It can also help to control estrogen levels in a woman’s body.
    -Others. Wakame seaweed, an additional ingredient commonly found in miso soup is known for helping to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. The combination of miso and wakame is found to be helpful in battling disorders caused by nicotine consumption.

*Miso Soup Recipes*

1. Japanese Miso Soup

Ingredients:
    3 cups dashi stock
    6 ounces firm silken tofu or soft tofu if desired
    2 ½-3 tablespoons of miso based on personal preference
    2 teaspoons of dry wakame
    1 green onion

Instructions:
    If you are not preparing dashi stock from scratch, combine 1 ¼ teaspoons dashi powder or a dashi packet to 3 cups of water to create the stock in a medium saucepan. Bring the stock to a boil and then allow the dashi to simmer for 5 minutes before straining the stock.Dissolve the miso into the stock, adding as much or as little as you desire based on your flavor preference. Add the wakame and tofu. Note that the tofu may dilute the flavor of the miso so it may be necessary to increase the amount within the soup. Do not allow the soup to return to a boil as this can reduce the flavor. Serve the soup warm, garnishing with sliced green onion.

2. Miso Soup with Noodles

Ingredients:
    2-3 ounces firm tofu chopped into cubes
    2 ounces dry soba noodles
    1 handful of spinach or watercress with the stems trimmed
    2-4 tablespoons miso paste to taste
    1 handful cilantro
    2 sliced green onions with the tops removed
    1 pinch of red pepper flake

Instructions:
    Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions in salted water. Drain the noodles and run them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Shake off the excess water. Meanwhile, bring 4 cups of water to a simmer before removing from the heat. Pour some water in a bowl to dissolve the miso pate so it thins and will not clump. Stir this into the pot of water and adjust the amount of miso to suit your taste. Add the tofu and remove the water from the heat, allowing the soup to sit for around one minute. Place the noodles in 2-3 bowls and pour the miso broth on top. Add green onion, watercress, spinach, red pepper flake and cilantro to each serving as desired and consume.

*Miso Soup Nutrition*
    Miso contains several essential vitamins and minerals, as well as poly and monounsaturated fats. It also has a high level of protein, dietary fiber, carbohydrates, omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. You can consume as much as 7.78 gm of carbohydrates, 3.36 gm of fat, 6.02 gm of protein, 1.9 gm dietary fiber, 998 mg sodium and 367 mg potassium from one serving of miso. The soup is also high in manganese, zinc, iron, calcium, copper and vitamin C. Because miso soup is high in sodium it should be consumed in moderation.

kreuzfree

I think I’ll pass on the Miso soup. It doesn’t appeal to me at all. 🙁
    Thanks for going to all that trouble to post the details. I do appreciate it.

I’m finding it quite challenging finding ‘pre-calculated calorie’ recipes that meet my needs. I follow the FODMAP eating plan and I can’t tolerate a lot of the ingredients in the 5:2 recipe book, eg foods containing high fructose, gluten, lactose. Have had to cut a lot of foods out of my diet because of my IBS. I have a couple of favorite recipes that I have managed to modify, but if I am to do this long term, I need some variety, and constantly modifying recipes, weighting and calculating, is very time consuming. Is there anyone who is in the same boat as I am, and do you have any suggestions or recipes that you would be happy to share?

TropicalNorth, try finding Paleo diet recipes. A lot of them have eliminated FODMAPs. You will still have to calculate the calories yourself (most of the time), but the work converting recipes will have already been done. The Against All Grain blog has a lot of excellent recipes. I generally copy and paste recipes into the calorie counter at CalorieCount.about.com, and adjust as necessary so their system picks it up. I hope that helps!

Hi everyone. I’m thinking very much about beginning this way of eating from the beginning of January. Am now at my heaviest weight and don’t want to be this size when I reach 30 (in 15 months time). Would be fantastic to lose 3 stone, minimum, in that time. I’ve lost weight before with slimming world very easily (4 stone) but was 16 at the time and it just seemed to fall off. It hasn’t worked when I’ve tried it numerous times since to shift my uni weight. The uni weight has now turned into weight from job stress!!
    Need to nip it in the bud!
    I think I will be ok with the intermittent fasting when I’m in the swing of things. I’m just wondering whether women who are taller/weigh more can be advised to begin on 600 calorie days? And then drop to 500 later?? Just to aid the weight loss journey and thinking about calorie needs in accordance with size??

Any advice appreciated!
    Thanks x

Hi Nic and welcome:

You can do whatever you want to do.

My question is why do you want to eat more calories? If your goal is to lose weight, why wouldn’t you want to eat fewer calories?

Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I joined today and checked out the site above, thanks! I think for me the key is going to be planning the lowcal days in advance so I have goodies at home. As for the low cal recipes, I´m thinking for the first month to just stick to some very simple stuff like grilled chicken breast with spinach and chick peas and such for meals without really doing any adventurous cooking. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.