4:3 or 5:2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mommypenney 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all,

I started 5:2 about 3 months ago and I’ve lost a dismal 5lbs (although I have lost 11 inches). Inches is indeed better than weight but I really want to shift some of the pounds.

After posting on this forum (another page) I’m trying very hard to find my mojo and realise that as much as I want the weight off right now it’s not going to happen. After all this isn’t a faddy diet but a way of life.

My question is does anybody do 4:3 instead of 5:2 to give yourself extra breathing space on your NFD’s? I don’t count my TDEE (I work it out frequently and change it on MFP but then I ignore it thinking I must be within it – maybe that’s my problem right there!).

I know some are strict in the week and more forgiving at the weekend but I’d like to hear from people to see what they do and is it successful? Especially from anyone who may have been in the position I’m in right now.

Hi mommy:

The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you need to operate each day (your TDEE). As you have lost weight, you are doing that. If you want to lose weight faster, you need to eat even less than you have been eating. You realize that as well as shown by your question – doing 4:3 adds one more diet day each week.

So adding one more diet day will help, as long as you don’t start eating even more on your non diet days. This post will explain the ‘numbers’: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

Thanks Simcoeluv.

I’ll take a look at the link now. I suppose the frustrating thing is that some of us don’t have to count and it works but some of us do and I was hoping the 5:2 (excluding FD’s) would allow me to eat how I want without counting but I think once I manage my expectations better things will improve.

Thanks for replying. I see that you reply to a lot of questions and your support is really appreciated. You’re like the 5:2 Yoda!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.