4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,451 through 2,500 (of 2,659 total)

• US Day 3- FD

Did good today. Recalculated my TDEE and kept to my quater (425 calories). My phone now has FD and NFD as perdictive text… I’m going to take this as a good sign to continue!

Croatia, Day 2, NFD
    Weight: 77,6 Kg

Day 3: Pacific NW USA, Liquid only FD, hello fellow fasters (Ciren, Coda, Kay, Northern, asweet et al), I’m now at 28 hours and going to bed to burn some stored fat while I sleep to complete the 36 hrs!

Coda, I know what you mean. After my 60 hour liquid only fast on Sun/Mon it makes this 36 hours seem like a piece of cake. (Where did that saying come from?) Still, I had to stop myself from unconsciously putting a luscious ripe fig in my mouth and checking whether the roasted veg for tomorrow lunch were al dente by taking a bite. Not such sins but it did remind me how easy it is to consume without thinking.

Patti – hope your gathering was/is fun!

And …exhale – I just think many of us were ready and prepared to up our game even if by just a small step. This is such a magically diverse yet homogeneous group! I don’t know if that’s true on other threads on this 5:2 site but I know this group is just what I need. I have a sense from some of you that the going might get tougher ahead and I know where to go for help!!

Thanks Fuvvie, Anna, Northern and others for your caring words. My aunt’s funeral was today., I picture her vixen smile, twinkly eyes and generosity. My Mom is not sure she wants to be the last one standing, she’s the oldest in her family but has seen many go before her including my Dad. Oh my, this wheel of life.

Coda – that was an eye-opening quote, thanks and also for reminding us not to judge our efforts by the numbers on the scale.

Yes, Neo, you broke below the 78-79’s!

Have a bright day tomorrow everyone!

Italy Day 2 – NFD

I haven’t had breakfast and might try to fit in a sneaky water Fast in an attempt to make my 6 lb but i think deep down i might have to ask Fuvvie if i can borrow a couple of hers☺️. It sounds like Rocy65 also has her 6lb pretty much covered, really hope i can make it. Yesterday i caught myself snacking, It’s like i go into compensation mode for not having eaten the day before but managed to stop myself before i did too much damage. I’ve never really liked crisps but since i had cravings for them while i was pregnant they have become my downfall.
    DebbieQ please sign me up for the next challenge, i’m loving this group!!

Hi all August 20th day 2

So after being exceptional good all week no snacking a 36 hour fast at the beginning and a 60 hour fast to end the week I have been awarded with a loss of ………. zero ha ha all that effort and I stayed the same but you know what it doesn’t matter cus I know this is the way it goes for me. I don’t lose every week. It goes when my body feels it is ok to let go and I have to go with the flow. I was able to tick off a few mini goals in phase 2. I am lighter than when I started. I am over that mental barrier I had. I feel good and I am going to enjoy my breakfast and a bbq tonight – shame it is not bbq weather – who was it that wanted it to rain lol. Not to worry in this part of the country you get used to it – it’s not called the emerald isle for nothing. Wonder will my body let go of 4lbs by Tuesday? Ha ha. Have a great weekend everyone.
    Who would have thought it eh that i can accept no loss for all the effort and not want to reach for the nearest cream bun. This has been such a dawning for me to remain focused and in control. Thanks everyone for joining me on this journey x

Day 2 Sussex U.K.
    NFD
    Coda. I love your quote

Rocy65 congratulations, almost there.

Quebecoise. I, too, mirror your evening eating patterns sometimes and can’t understand why I do it. That was always when I would binge. One cracker with butter and cheese would turn into half a packet until I was so uncomfortable when I went to bed that I would have to sleep sitting up because of indigestion!
    I never want to feel that way again. Soooo yesterday family had donuts whilst out and brought one back for me. I put it in the bin when they weren’t looking. Lol. Have never ever done that before. Can’t bear to throw food away but then donuts are not food are they.
    Feast day today with extended family. Think the rain may hold off so the young ones can run around in garden which is large although the house is small.
    Good luck today everyone.

Great quote, Coda. I love that book. It contains such a wealth of knowledge.
    Please count me in for the next challenge, DebbieQ.
    The afternoon tea was as laden with carbs and tasty stuff as predicted, but managed to refrain. Had 2 cups of tea. One of the girls tried to get me to just have a little bight of the cheese cake, but I explained that that would tip me back into swollen legs and I just can’t have that food. One of the others agreed that if you are committed to something, you have the right to stick to it. So that was that.
    You are welcome, HollyLJ. What’s mine is yours, so to speak LOL.

Australia – Day 2

Our busy days have come to an end, thankfully! Tomorrow we are having a completely relaxing day hopefully! Everything went great, everyone had a great time. Considering the weather turned horribly and we had lots of hail! It felt so cold. My son had a great birthday which is the point. Everyone loved the chook shed and the fountain area. Dad brought me down some off cuts of daisy bushes and other things, so they got put in there too. Hubby’s BBQ was delicious, we are all full and sick of food tonight, lol.

Haven’t got time to respond to everyone, so a big hello πŸ™‚ I need a big sleep I think πŸ™‚

Dorset UK Day 2

2 lbs down from post holiday weigh in on Thursday! I love the scales after a FD! I am now the lowest weight Ive been for a long time and since starting on the 5:2.

Not eating till this afternoon and then Im having a relaxed food day with a low cal day tomorrow.

Then the last fluid fast day of this challenge, ahead of weigh in on Tuesday morning. Anyone going to join me?

Happy Saturday to all.

Kay

I’ll water Fast with you on Monday Kay65.

UK day 2 up early for a Zumba class then nice long walk on a very windy seafront , then back home for a lovely breakfast, good FD yesterday but no movement on the scales I seem to have spent all of this challenge losing the same 2 lbs ! So I’ll weigh in on Tuesday and then I’m going to try and lay off the scales, and just have 2 FDs ,enjoy the rest of the week and get in a good frame of mind for the September challenge Have a good weekend everyone x

Hi count me in for a liquid fast Monday.

US, Day 3…still upstate. 119.7… πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.

Dropped Son #2 off at college. 14 hours round trip over two days. Got a lot of knitting done.

Day 2: Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day.
    Another successful 36-hour water-only fast…maybe, I’m getting the hang of this. All it is, after all, is adding the night before and the night after a fast-day. The nights are easy, of course…the day, well, quite tough? You have to stay busy,busy.
    HannahWatto, Rocy65, NorthernDawn,Kay65, back2thefuture and Coda (the 60-hour queen!) and any others I’ve missed what a 36-hour team we ARE!
    Another on Monday, right?
    Kay65: count me in for that. Will you do 36 hours? Sunday evening to Tuesday breakfast?

Surrey UK Day 2

Had dinner with friends last night, and had some foods which I haven’t eaten for a while, i.e. potatoes, and also had too much wine, resulting in a very uncomfortable night! Couldn’t even enjoy my tea this morning. So definitely taking it easy today..watching the intake. I am glad I was feeling uncomfortable, because it shows that my body is adjusting to less food on the NFD’s
    CODA much as I would have loved to meet up, we ARE going to go through to Church Stretton on Saturday, so it won’t be possible, but I am sure the time will come where somewhere along the line some of us will manage it! My daughter told me exactly where Amblecote is, she also mentioned that buses from Kingswinford to Stourbridge are really frequent and said there are some really lovely little coffee shops in the town. It would have been very nice to meet! Do enjoy the time away though.
    I too am in for the long haul on this thread. It has been incredibly useful!

Gozo, Malta

Didn’t post yesterday as I did an upgrade on my iPad and it refused to connect to the Internet. My son did something on it late last night and hey this morning it contacted at last.

Love to read all the posts about you wonderful people. Ciren2 and Fuvvie and HannaWatto congratulations on your significant weight loss. Good for you and others who are doing so well.

Fuvvie my schoolfriend moved to Melbourne as she married a Gozitan who was born in Melbourne. I’ve never been to Australia though my husband and son would like to come there and my friend wants me to visit her. Currently I’m avoiding airplanes.

Coda I hope your dads ulcer gets better. But he has a very cheerful spirit, good for him and God bless him. I love your feast/fast quote. It’s so true. During lent I refrain from sweets except on Sundays as part of a fast and the first and last day of lent, i.e. Maudy Wednesday and Good Friday I fast on two meals and two coffees. Also it’s true that when clothes you wear start to be lose and you can fit into smaller sized clothes you are rewarded for all the effort you put in fasting not just the loss of weight on the scales.

Yesterday was successful fast day though I fast on 500 calories and today is a nfd for me. Tomorrow I hope to fast after lunch. We’re going out to lunch and my son prefers Chinese as I’ve just asked him. I’ll have to eat moderately.

It’s only two and a half days till Tuesday morning and then it’s the end of this challenge. Coda I hope you’ll remain in touch even though Debbie is taking over the September challenge. Debbie please count me in for September.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Coda, when we report our weight-losses next Tuesday for this challenge…when are we taking it from? I’ve lost track with these various phases and count-ups and downs. Sorry….confused.com!

Gozo, Malta

Silly mistake I fast Ash Wednesday not Maudy Wednesday. I mixed it up. Silly me.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 2 Cornwall UK. Am I correct in thinking Monday will day zero this will be my fast day so I’ll weigh in Tuesday am.

We had a really great day with family yesterday 18 of us ranging from 2yrs to my dear step mother who is 96! She has dementia, today was a good day which was lovely for her, the grand children and great grandchildren!!

Thankyou coda for that quote!! I’ve measured today and since starting 5.2 have lost 5 inches from my waist!

Nfd today and just as well – I’m an emotional eater – but I’m really cross with myself when a person from the past can loom and cause me stress and I am so stupid as to eat flapjacks!! Why does this happen! I just hope I haven’t blown my 6lb target and let my buddies down. Really annoyed with myself!!!

Low calorie day tomorrow and fast day on Monday.

Not done well on reading posts, but everyone seems to be doing well which is great! Sorry a bit of a low day!

Good luck every one.

Day 2 USA (San Diego, CA, traveling)

NFD today. Yesterday was good even though I had a croissant for breakfast, small flatbread pizza for lunch, and a couple grilled lamb chops out to dinner. Fabulous lentil soup with dinner too. Eating pretty healthy, but also adding wine for many calories!

Coda, shared your fast & feast quote with friends. Excellent. We all need balance in our lives. So good. Sorry for your frustration of all that fasting and no change on the scale. Bummer.

My bedtime snack is an issue for me too, and I am still trying to brush my teeth not long after supper so I won’t want to snack with food in my mouth. The toothpaste also gives me a mouth taste that doesn’t want to add anything on it.

Tomorrow will be my brother’s engagement party, and I will try not to feast TOO much! Next FD will be Monday as I travel on Day 0.

Looking forward to Debbie and our new September challenge.

Day 2, QuΓ©bec

A quick check in.
    Everything is just fine. Still hanging in.
    Courage everyone !

Bonne journΓ©e x

UK day 3 – looking forward to a FD tomorrow.

Day 2 – USA – NFD

My official weigh in day is Saturday so my final weigh in for this mini challenge is 152.8. I’m not sure when we started, but for the last 3 weeks I lost 3.8. If it’s only the 14 days then I lost 2.0. Either way I’m very pleased!

Had my long run this morning – 8 miles. It went fine. Fasting and running seems ok so far! Someone told me that what I eat 2 days before the long run is more important than the day before. I’m thinking I’ll try fasting mon and wed so as not to effect my Saturday runs. Next week is 9 miles!

NorthernDawn – it’s funny to hear you dreading winter. Here in Florida we look forward to winter!!! It’s still dreadfully hot and humid and will be until November probably.

Good luck on all the fasts Monday. I’ll be joining you, but eating my 500 cal dinner.

Day 2: Pacific NW USA, NFD, planning to eat 2 meals today. OH and I are visiting with my brother and mother. My little bro is tall with a football player’s physique but we both inherited the fat storage survival gene which means we easily save excess calories for the advancing famine – but the famine never comes. (Ha!) He and my Mom can’t imagine a meal without carbs. When I said I didn’t need any bread, crackers, cous-cous or potatoes they wondered what I could possibly eat. it’s quite a paradigm shift for them. I’m trying to be like Fuvvie, I’m determined to stick to my commitments!

Coda – I often don’t see the results on the scale for a big effort until the next week. Are your clothes fitting better, are your organs operating more efficiently, is fasting becoming easier, have you shifted weight from fat to muscle, have you added years to your life? Wish we had a way to measure those benefits too!

Kay – I will stick to only broths and liquids on Sunday and Monday to try to meet my overall goal which encompasses the team 5 pound goal.

I’m not quite sure what the dates were for the team goals but my stretch goal was to lose 10lbs from July 29 to Aug 23rd. I had my step-son’s wedding on the 13th as the interim and the start of work and end of this challenge on Aug 23rd as the end. I think I’m close!

Rocy – I know all about stress/emotional eating too. While battling poor doctor’s advise and before I got to my present fantastic doctor/PT and this internet team I ate as revenge. Of course that revenge only hurt me, Now, if I can catch myself before spiraling down that path I remember a saying I saw on a post-it note once, “the best revenge is to get thin and wear silk”. (I wore silk at my step-son’s wedding, still working on the thin part!)

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 1: Dear Rocy65, There is no way you could let this buddy down, even if you put on 6lb. You have been so very supportive and an absolute inspiration to me. I’ve loved knowing you are there, along with HollyLJ, in our mini group in the overarching Coda led group. We each do what we can and some days were up and some we’re down. But the overall trend is down. I’ve never, in a lifetime of struggling with weight, had the support I get here. I’ve belonged to just about every weight loss organisation Australia has to offer, all happy to take your money but you really are just a number. Here I feel listened to and safe, encouraged and love to read everyone else’s stories, struggles and triumphs. Yay 4 week challengersπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

Post script: B2tF, we must have been writing at much the same time. 10lb. What a goal. To quote my grandies, that’s awesome. commitment is what comes into play when motivation is AWOL. lol. Emotional eating has plagued me. I’m trying to get a handle on that. But I’m a bit fearful of eating in a feasting fashion now. Once I’ve reached my ultimate goal, I will try it on for size. Love the lose weight and wear silkπŸ˜‰.
    I’m fasting Monday so up for the 36 hour liquid fast to finish this leg of the challenge. Still 103.6 kgs this morning. Happy 5:2ing everyone.

Rocy65 – i agree 100% with Fuvvie. You haven’t let anybody down. I’m just sorry about the reason why flapjack got the better of you. As we learn that we have power over food and not the other way round, i too hope that we can apply the same rules to other aspects of our lives. Don’t let these negative people have power over you…you decide who is worth a flapjack and Who is notπŸ˜‹
    Buona notte

Extra post

Coda.
    Remember you once asked if we had secret goals ? Mine was to practice my English. I can say without any doubt that I reached that goal and I am very happy for that. Reading and writing some 10-15 minutes every day improved tremendously my English.

Thank you also for that great side benefit !

Day 2 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Quick check-in. Ate up to TDEE today, and allowed myself some dark chocolate. Scale this am says down 4 lbs, so have made my goal of 3 pounds this challenge. As long as it doesn’t go back up. πŸ˜‰

Congrats to you Lisahawk for making your goal! Yes, we northerners dream of Florida in the wintertime, and a good many of us come down to visit your balmy state.
    Good luck to my other 3 pound team mates! Good luck to everyone!

Australia Day 1 NFD well where did that time go! I can’t believe we are at the end of the challenge already! Ciren yes I’ll do the Monday 36 hour liquid fast challenge with you all. My brother’s rugby get-together went really well. All the food came together at the right time and it was fun to teach Melburnians about rugby union when they believe AFL is the only sport in the world πŸ™‚ Hey Anna we had pastizzi and they were delicious! πŸ™‚ Hey ETJ – we also had bbq – Baltimore pit beef which was delicious and the leftovers are creating a wonderful fragrance in the fridge πŸ™‚ DebbieQ please count me in for the next challenge too. Well done all!

US Day 2 NFD. Being good and staying below TDEE. Making notes already of those that have committed to the September challenge… 16 so far, including myself… fantastic! Coda, I know you’ll be away so I’m not sure… will you be doing the challenge? Hope you’re all having a great weekend!!

US Day 2- NFD

Exhausted today after shopping did ok until nighttime, but tomorrow is a new day. One more fast on Monday before challenge weigh in on Tuesday!

Australia – Day 1

Starting my back to back fasting as of last night. I am sorry, but I have decided not to partake in the next challenge. I will still be updating my blog, but this last challenge and the push to lose has gotten me a bit too obsessive – not helped by the fact that I haven’t really budged in weight for the past couple of weeks. I need to just continue on with my alternate fasting, as it is such a long, hard slog to lose a lot of weight and I still have many months a head of me to get to goal.
    I will still check up on you all and if you want to check up on me I’ll be in personal stories πŸ™‚ But I’m not going anywhere yet, at least until our final weigh in on Tuesday πŸ™‚ lol.

Croatia, Day 1, NFD
    Weight: 78.3 Kg

California, USA. day3/2. I guess I forgot to post yesterday. Just staying within my TDEE this weekend hoping to maintain.

DebbieQ – sign me up for the next challenge. I am leaving on vacation to Tennessee next week and will be home on 9/1. I will definetly need to get back on track. Thank you for stepping up to run the next challenge.

Stay strong everyone!

UK day 1 – FD today and while I haven’t lost anything when I weighed in this morning, it feels like there’s a pound just waiting to go!
    I’ve scanned back through the last couple of pages, and I can’t find the details of the next challenge…just a reference to DebbieQ taking names for it – can you outline again the what’s and when’s for me, please?

UK day 1 NFD for me, aww ETJ it won’t be the same without you and hearing about your rural life , hope all goes well for you, I too haven’t been losing during this challenge and I’m taking it back to basics in September and I’m not setting targets -the slow thing is best for me

Day 1: Non-Fasting Day, Cotswolds, UK:
    Fuvvie, HannahWatto and others, all ready for the 36-hour liquid-only fast tomorrow? We start this evening. Go for it!

US Day 1 NFD Hi Minois! The only thing I have right now is the dates… Sept 1 to 30. Reading through the posts lately, I thought that for this month it might be a good idea to focus on our NFD’s. I know for myself that I have mastered the FD’s and don’t have a problem sticking to my 1/4 cals but it seems that this past month I have struggled more with my NFD’s.

ETJ… I’m sorry you’re leaving us. I will miss your stories. I do know how you feel though when things become obsessive. I can get like that too. I had to quit wearing my fitbit for that reason ☺. I too plan to go back to basics and do my two fast days a week as I also have a long road ahead. Slow and steady wins the race.. lol. I wish you much success.

Day1 Sussex U.K.
    NFD for me.
    I am going to fast for the 36 hours from 6pm this evening. However not sure it will be only water. Have one or two health niggles at present and need some tablets. Just for a few days. don’t want to take them with only water.
    Despite entertaining, yesterday went well and I almost forgot to eat whilst sorting out everyone else. Lol.
    Came in below daily TDEE.
    Onwards and downwards everybody. Good luck. Nearly there. X

DebbieQ…I don’t know if I said, but, yes, I will be there for the next challenge.
    Patti67: good to have you with us tomorrow.

Gozo, Malta

HannahWatto so you tried the Maltese pastizzi, they are full of calories but they do taste so good that sometimes I eat them myself but only one or two. I’ve learned to mind what I’m eating since I started fasting and I’m enjoying food more.

Today we went to a new Chinese restaurant as the one we usually go to was closed. The food was good. I refrained from prawn crackers, starter and dessert though. This evening I’ll stay with just 200 calories or less to start fasting from now until Tuesday. Tuesday s weigh day and I do hope that I’ve lost another pound or 0.4 kilo to complete the 5 lbs loss for this challenge.

One and a half days to go before the 23 August. Keep strong! Have a great Sunday everyone.

Hi All Sun 21st day 1

Had a lovely bbq last night enjoyed with family and friends along with good food and a few drinks. We had the fire pit going and the evening turned out not too bad weather wise.

Rocy65 when someone or something gets to you and you feel the need to eat to relieve the stress try pillow punching or punching something similar – visualise the pillow being the face of person/something in question and punch away to relieve the adrenelin that has built up. It has the added benefit of not being food and there is some satifaction in doing it – also uses up calories. Then give them 2 fingers cus you will get thin and wear silk lol.

ETJ – so sorry you are leaving and I will off course drop by to say hello and hope you do likewise. Like most, I enjoyed hearing about life on the farm. Good luck on your journey.

Debbie – I will be back 9th Septempber so sign me up for Phase 3 and I will just jump in when I return. Thank you so much for taking over the big stick for September.

Q – excellent for attaining a goal not weight related – well done.

NorrieB – not to worry obviously wasn’t meant to be this time. Have a lovely day on Saturday.

Ciren and others – don’t worry at all about confusion in Phase 2, with part A added and counting up and down it did get a little confusing lol. So well done all for sticking with it. Phase 2 ran for 4 weeks then I added part A just to mix it up a little (seemed a good idea at the time) – most people just carried on when the first part ended. So if you took a weight loss at end of first part and now have another weight loss at the end of part A, feel free to post separate but maybe give a total weight loss for the whole of Phase 2?

Everyone – the buddy system was only something to help keep you focused, something to try and give it a go, a bit of fun, a bit of competition – it was not the be all and end all. We all loose at different rates and I as much as I tried, I did not get my buddy goal – but that is ok I tried and that is all anyone can do, I don’t feel I let anyone down and no one should feel that you have. I know now my body will let go when it feels ready, not necessarily when I want to post a loss at the end of a challenge lol. When I first joined little voices we used to set a goal each month and I would get so disheartened when I didn’t achieve it. I then stopped setting actual goal amounts I just stuck to the plan and ticked off my mini goals when I achieve them. So maybe the buddy system wasn’t the best idea or it may work but just not with specific amounts? You have to try different things, some will work for some but not for others and I guess we each must find our own level. This is a way of life – not a race and I have no doubt at all we will all reach our destination (especailly with the support given by others) but in our own time. Others will get to their goal quicker than others but again this is the way it is. Don’t depair – go with the flow and accept this is the way it is.

Sunday Day 1 Dorset UK
    NFD

Weight back up the 2lbs this morning, after hitting 10st 5.5 yesterday! But that was after a FD, so Im ok with that and I did have cake and cider yesterday πŸ˜‰

Today was meant to be a low cal day, but Im just going to have a normal NFD and the final fast of this challenge starts this evening, after dinner, ending with a weigh in on Tuesday morning to report on the 2 week bonus challenge/phase.
    So yes its fluid only for me too for 36 hours.

Im not sure about joining the September challenge at the moment as I might just have a normal 5:2 month and just see what I lose rather than setting myself a goal. Also Im away until 9th September. I’ll see how it goes.

Good luck everyone with the final push of the challenge πŸ™‚

Italy Day 1 – NFD

Going to keep going strong until a wedding on September 4th, then i plan to try and find a bit of stability to get me ready for the long run. I plan to try and do 2 water fasts, 1 treat Day and 4 NFD where i eat healthily and stay comfortably within my TDEE each week.

Day 1: Pacific NW USA, FD

Debbie – I will be in for the September challenge and look forward to what lies ahead! I will be continuing in order to strengthen my chances of staying consistent with the 5:2 plan. Although it’s basically up to me to do it or not do it I have found an added strength in having a place to share my ups and downs, get feed back, learn from the efforts of others, try different things, and in general learn about what works for me. I’m still “playing around” with different combinations of fasting routines and it’s been so fun to live and learn with this group.

Since I am still in the early days of establishing 5:2 as a WOL for the rest of my life (I never want to go back to my pre-AprilI way of ill health) I know this group of like-minded individuals with some mutual goals gives me an advantage that is not readily available anywhere else. So thank you Debbie for taking over the helm from Captain Coda as we “boldly go where no man or woman has gone before” (at least to a way of life I haven’t gone before)!!

Day 1 Cornwall UK
    Welling up reading your posts!
    Back2the future – what a great quote! thankyoux. I’ve been thinking today that this person isn’t worth my putting weight back on – I am strong and can be slim and wear silk! My daughter’s wedding is next year so silk it will be!
    I agree this WOL is what I want for the rest of my life – the changes I’ve felt and see since starting at the end of April have confirmed the health benefits.

Fuvvie and HollLJ what great buddies you are! Big thankyou hugsx for your post today and for all your support and encouragement!

Coda – Pillow punching sounds like a good plan! This morning I hit the static bike and had a really good HIT session, then an hour of Pilates to calm down and relax.
    I hope your Dad is progressing well, and will be out on the Golf links soon!
    I have loved having buddies for this challenge but I think I set my target to high maybe!

Debbie – thanks for taking over the reins for September. Good plan to focus on NFDays, lots of us seem to struggle with keeping under our TDEEs!

ETJ – we will miss you and your daily life stories! Please drop in and visit us and good luck.

Queb – your English is great!

So NFD today. I woke after a good night’s sleep and decided to be positive! HIT on bike went well.It was raining and windy so we didn’t think we’d get out on the bikes. But this afternoon, though still windy, we were able to. I find it really relaxing, we did about 8 miles and called into the supermarket for a few bits for supper. We’re having a seafood linguine, mine with Konjac noodles so no carbs! I will come in well under my TDEE. Tomorrow will be a fast day and weigh in on Tuesday morning. I will be pleased if I am still where I was on Friday but if not I know it will come off in the next week!
    I have decided to treat myself to a new set of scales ready for the next challenge. I know the inches have gone down round my waist, so hoping that visceral fat has been reduced! They have a fancy scales in Boots so I’m going go have my fat measured. I did this in April, before starting 5.2 so will compare then and now!

Thank you again for all your support every one. Good luck to all and to you 36 hr water fasters! I’ll be doing mine on Wed eve thro to Fri AM.

Surrey UK Day 1 Quick check in before going out again…sigh! Good fun though.
    Tomorrow will be a fast day, going to need it after this weekend, right at the end of our challenge too!
    DEBBIE I am also in for whatever you have in mind for us, and thanks!

Day 1 USA (San Diego -last day here)

NFD for me, brother’s engagement party this evening. I travel back to Illinois tomorrow so not sure if I will be able to post until late in the day or even on Tuesday. It’s a pretty long flight then land travel to home is over 2 hours. Day 0 will be my last FD. Can I count that one? I will! πŸ™‚

Got on future sister-in-law’s scale and am doing great! Down 3 lbs this challenge. I am sure the two 36-hour fasts really made a difference. So *4 pound sisters* how are we all doing? I hope to make it to 4 by the end of Monday!

36-hourers for starting this evening (if not already).
    I have six buddies (unless I’ve missed anyone…easy to do without actually taking notes)!
    Kay65, Patti67, HannahWatto, Fuvvie, Coda(?) and HollyLJ.
    Ok ladies…let’s GO!

Viewing 50 posts - 2,451 through 2,500 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.