3rd week and scales are yo-yoing :-(

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
3rd week and scales are yo-yoing :-(

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I’m on my 3rd week of the 5:2 and whilst the fast days are not a problem – I seem to have got through the ‘hunger’ pangs (I find sparkling water and green decaf tea works) my scales are yo-yoing like crazy! From my usual weigh in day I managed to drop 4lbs, but by this morning that had all gone back on.

Can you suggest what I can do please, not overindulging on no fast days, but as I’m at the start of this I’d like to be able to get it right quickly so I can loose my weight – I have 28 lbs to loose!

Beanie – it’s your third week – chill! Some people get no loss at all for weeks, some actually put a bit on. If you think you’re doing it right and you’re happy with the lifestyle chuck the scales in a cupboard and forget about them for at least a month.

And maybe read the several other threads covering this exact same topic too. It’s all been discussed before – to death!

Hi Beanie – don’t keep weighing yourself. Honestly you are doing yourself no favours! Measure yourself and weigh in once a month and that will give you a much better reading of how you are progressing.

Best of luck 🙂

Beanie,
    Weigh yourself once a week, at the same time and in the same clothes. At the same time, measure bust,waist,hips, upper arms, thighs and then try on your clothes too.
    You may well find that the weight stays the same for a while, but that you are shrinking.The tape measure will note the shrinkage but only where you measure, so clothes are invaluable for seeing where it is going from.

The average weight loss is 1 lb a week. If you want to increase that then you need to do more exercise, which will build muscle.Muscle increase will weigh more on the scales, but you will also burn more calories simply from having more muscle, and you will look more toned and slimmer.

You don’t have to become a gym rat, but a pedometer that counts every step that you take can really help you to slim and tone and build more muscle. The goal is 10,000 steps each and every day, which is a challenge when most folk only manage 3-4000.

Give that a bash and see where you are in a week.It is early days, but the weight went on over time and will also take time to come off.It is a marathon and not a sprint.

Oh thank you! I hadn’t thought about the other measurements as well, but will do that. As for the marathon – I’m doing the Great North Run in September so surely the training for that will help! Thanks all for your comments 🙂

Hi Beanie

i’ll second everything already said, just keep going, you will loose again!!

🙂

Hi and welcome:

Your body weight can vary by two or three pounds (or more), either way, each day. If you must weight daily, keep a trend line.

Here is what I experienced: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

I agree with TracyJ read all the past comments on the topic by checking out the contents list and save yourself angst– This is not a speedy weight loss programme it is a healthy way of eating –for us old diet hands we have long ago learnt quick weight loss means quick weight gain back, so take Tracy’s
    advice and spend time learning from the wealth of experience here. Carla lost 35lb and there’s a fab photo (black trousers) but it took her time
    all the best.
    you already have some great advice here

Beanie, most people here have commented on the weighing and measuring. Everybody needs to find their own way how to deal with the scales. I am weighing daily but I only put a weight into my chart once it is lower than the one before. I completely ignore the fluctuations or I would go insane.

Nevertheless, are you logging ALL your food on your feed days? It is very easy to underestimate one’s intake! I am using Myfitnesspal app. It allows me to log every item I put into my mouth and it even has a scanner. I have realised very early on that I completely underestimated certain foods, such as the innocent looking little cookie…

It is also easy to underestimate portion sizes. I am not weighing my food all the time, but some foods I do. I have done this now for over three months and by now I got a good feeling for how much I eat. Nevertheless, I still log all of my food in Myfitnesspal.

Good luck
    Stef.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.