30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

This topic contains 3,401 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,651 through 2,700 (of 3,410 total)

• Georgia/USA/Day 9?NFD:

The scale has been good to me this week. Down about 2 lbs from last week. I’m treating myself better on my NFD’s. I tend to go over board sometimes. Happy Friday!

Day 9 |NFD|Toronto
    Did you hear the THUD last night? I did not fall but consciously jumped off the FD wagon..oh well today is another day.

Day 9/NFD/Carolina/USA

I am new to this forum/thread, so I hope you don’t mind me jumping in. I’ve been intrigued by this diet/WOL for a while now, and I’d like to harness the weight loss and health benefits of IF.

Today isn’t really my Day 9 (It’s more like my day 5, but wanted to fall in line with your thread). ๐Ÿ™‚ I did FDs this week on Monday and Thursday (both days were smoothies for bkfst and lunch and veggie soup for dinner). Going to try to be consistent, even with the holidays. My weight this morning was 180.4, for accountability, though I think my weight Monday was about 186 or so, after a week of eating horribly.

Wanted to ask a question…which day is better to capture my weight to know how much I’ve lost for the week?

Hoping for a successful weekend of NFDs and a successful NFD on Monday. ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 9 Surrey UK NFD Except I am in the West Midlands right now. Tried to sign in from my phone yesterday, but I am not sure that it did. Anyway, it will be a little sporadic until I get home on Monday, sorry about that!
    Visiting with friends and family, champagne on both the last two nights, it was all very nice, but looking forward to fasting again! I felt so good after the last lengthy fast.
    @B2tF I may not be able to sign in tomorrow or Sunday, but will do my best!

US SC Day 9 FD (I hope) Finally went to the doctor and have a sinus and double ear infection… so must be going around as it looks like a lot of us are under the weather at the moment. I’ve been fasting so far but may put it on hold till Monday when I’m hoping to feel a bit better after I pick up my antibiotics from the pharmacy later.

Hi Alexinme.. .welcome to our group. I don’t think it really matters what day you decide to weigh in. I personally weigh every day but use my Saturday weight as my weekly guide.

Have a good weekend all.

Hi Alexinme – welcome, as DebbieQ says it doesn’t really matter when you weigh as long as it is consistently on the same day. I now weigh every day as a matter of course but only record Saturday’s on my tracker. Maybe try after a fast day each week?

Day 10 NFD West Australia 1.10 am!!
    Yesterday had 600 calories so counting it as a ‘FD bit over’. Played some tennis in the evening, an unexpected bout of exercise. Waited up for DH to finish work ( farmer) and he has just come in so decided to log in early! Going to be a very hot one ( about 40C) forecast so hopefully won’t eat too much.

Day 9 USA HI NFD
    Today will be another 18;6 – that’s probably about it. Dealing with many work issues etc that are requiring my focus. The 18:6 seems easy and keeps me connected with this WOL. Also staying LCHF. Bullet proof coffee fuels enough energy till around noon.

Day 9: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Day off, and met up with our daughter and an old friend from where we used to live (near Reading, Berkshire) ate in a restaurant…..salmon followed by ice cream! Hope to fast tomorrow on the long delivery at work.
    Pissupoosa: thanks for your appreciation….big hug to you from me. xx

Day 9 WA USA NFD

Another snow day was called so no school today. Time for more Christmas preparations – Christmas cards and making some healthy treats. My brother & SIL want me to bring some when we celebrate in Canada.

Maui – when you do an 18:6, what hours are your eating window? Do you try to keep to your TDEE or to the 500 cal.? Just curious as I haven’t done that particular pattern as far as I know.

MissyMay & DebbieQ, hope you get feeling better quickly!

Happy birthday to Reid & LouBelle

I’ll join for a B2B Monday/Tuesday

Goldensun
    Coda
    BrightenBelle
    AnneMarilyn

Day 9 Italy – NFD
    Fairly healthy so far, but may end up over TDEE as I’m having wine with dinner. I’ll try again for the b2b pocket Fast
    Goldensun
    Coda
    BrightenBelle
    AnneMarilyn
    HollyLJ

Day 9. Sussex U.K.
    NFD.
    16:8 today under tdee.
    Loubelles and Reid – a very happy birthday to both of you for tomorrow.
    Ciren – good luck for your fast tomorrow. I will do another 16:8 and get under my tdee again.

2nd post

Anna– OMGosh! Homemade cupcakes with butter cream icing is my major weakness! You did good at only having one! I would’ve inhaled several, for sure. Luckily for me, DH does not have a sweet tooth, so we don’t keep any of those temptations in the house.

WellMe– B2B = back to back Fast Days. Sometimes as a group we pick a Monday + Tuesday to Fast together. Sometimes even adding Wednesday for a B2B2B. I have managed one solid b2b with support from this forum…haven’t made it to the 3rd day yet.

I believe it was Ciren (?) who 1st suggested writing down the list of Challengers names doing b2b & carry it in our pocket for a mental boost of support. Amazingly, it works!

And, so sorry to hear of all you wonderful people feeling poorly with sore throats, cough or just run-down tired. Hope we all bounce back to health very soon!!

Happy Birthday to Reid & LouBelles!!
    Hope you make it a NFD and really enjoy yourselves!

Alexinme– everyone has their own personal method for tracking weight.

Some weigh in daily & then average out their weight for the week. Others find daily weigh-ins to be too stressful as the number showing can impact their mood immediately. Some pick one specific day & use that every week like clock-work.

I personally like to step on the scale each morning after I stop in the bathroom. I usually have Mondays & Thursdays as Fast Days (but that switches up depending on what’s planned in my life.)
    Then every Friday morning counts as my official Weigh Day.

You’ll find what works best for you!

Day 9, Gozo, Malta, NFD

I think I kept to my TDEE. Good evening/ night everyone.

Day 9: Pacific NW USA, 450 cal FD

How many calories in a bowl of homemade bison chili? MFP optimistically had one option that said 1cup = 215 so last night I had seconds and counted it as 500 with the extra toppings. It was delicious but I wonder how much personal recipes can vary? Oh well, better not obsess too much.

Lily – I know, I quoted one of our Dr’s once who said fasting is for weight loss and other health benefits, exercise is not for weight loss but all the other health benefits. I remember one rough estimate said a 175 pound person would need to walk 35 miles to burn one lb. I was a runner at one point and even the year I trained and ran a marathon I was at the same weight before and after because I must have eaten to compensate. Also, they always told us to “carb load” which was before I found out how much wheat irritated my digestion. So I guess instead of fasting we could all take a year off and walk around the globe and high five as we passed each other!

Coda – well wishes to your Dad and also to MissyMay, LynzM, and DebbieQ that you all get better soon!

And Happy Birthday to LouBelles and Reid (hope I didn’t inadvertently switch the well wishes and birthdays!

Alexinme – Welcome! You already have the daily log in protocols down pat! I weight once a week on the same day after a FD. I literally have seen 3-4 pound fluctuations from one day to the next so no matter what the reading on the scale says it is just an estimate. A downward rather than upward trend over time is what matters. Have you started using the “Your Tracker” at the top of the page?

PS – happy finishing first week of December all you daily challengers! I will take 16 people off our roster, they probably forgot to tell me they were taking a break from daily posting when we finished November. So that makes us a strong group of 52 or so. We’ll say good-bye, hope to-hear-from-you-again, here, or on another thread to:

Action Hero
    Baygirl
    Cathyh46
    Grammaspice
    hamsandwich
    Itsmyturn
    Janine6
    judytoranto
    latchia
    Laura55555
    Mazzie10
    Mflood23
    Mumsy63
    richard67
    Time4me
    xamos

Australia Day 10 NFD

Could have been a better day me thinks. Started well but had an unexpected lunch opportunity with number 1 son but had an omelette so no problem there. It was later in the evening I think because the evening was not what I had planned so felt a little sorry for myself. Eating when I wasn’t hungry tut tut! First Christmas dinner tomorrow night so I reckon this is my feasting few days before my fasting few days next week.

Day 10 (30+10) Sunshine Coast Qld Aus: NFD: Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‰ Reid and LouBelles.
    Will endeavour to make better choices today.
    Coda, I used to receive the MFP blog but must have unsubscribed. I’m trying to do less time on my screens. They lead to my succumbing to The Time Thief.
    May we all escape the clutches of the Hunger Trolls today ๐Ÿค–๐Ÿ˜‰

second post. 7.10 am
    A bit more ‘compis mentis’ at this better hour!
    Happy birthday to Reid and Loubelles – may you both have a wonderful day.
    Best wishes to all those who are unwell or coping with adversity at this time. Thoughts of this group are with you.
    b2tf I love the idea of walking around the globe and high fiveing all the fellow travellers on this thread – I have an image of it in my head which I will carry with me๐Ÿ™ƒ

Day 4 – Washington, State NFD

FD on Tuesday & Thursday … down 2# (yeah!) Today NFD trying 16:8…is that considered b2B? Anyway, an event to attend tonight, will be home early & committed to no wine (driving) and using a small plate. Exercising tomorrow morning.

Thanks All for support!

Day 9….. Florida…. NFD

No pizza at work today…… Thank Goodness! But wouldn’t you know it…. 10 pizza coupons came in the mail today…. I think the spirits are trying to tell me something! I don’t want no darn pizza! Ugg!

Alexinme…… welcome! I weigh in daily, I never used to but well life changes and I adapt. My official weigh in day that I record is Tues. am, after a fast. Every Tues at 5:45am. There is no wrong way, everyone at least on this forum does it different. Do you…. with the weigh ins….

I was 10 min late for work today…. I walked into work and all the damn doors were open even the cupboard doors. Like a gang of thiefs standing in the lunch room laughing and freezing because it was only 37 degree outside this morning…. I had to laugh because they all know why I’m late and they all know I’m trying to break the habit…. So…… in retaliation, I hid every pencil in the place…. Now, I laugh as they all scramble to find something to write with….. Then today at lunch on of my co workers open the freezer in the break room and all the pens, markers, pencil and even crayons from the children’s room fell out….. They are all damn lucky, I’ve got a sense of humor…..
    That was my day in a nutshell…..
    cheers!

Adding my name to the Mon-Tues-maybe Wed b2b pocketeers

Goldensun
    Coda
    BrightenBelle
    AnneMarilyn
    HollyLJ
    back2thefuture

(WellMe – b2b refers to doing 2 or more consecutive FD’s, whether you decide 1/4 TDEE or liquid only. Example: 2 b2b FD’s would mean you finish eating after a NFD Sunday evening dinner, then you fast Monday and Tuesday and don’t have a regular meal again until Wednesday breakfast which is 60 hours after the evening meal you had on Sunday. Some of us have gone longer and waited to eat on Wednesday until evening. We called that a 72 hour b2b2b. We’re just trying different combinations, no hard and fast rules. Everyone tries to stay tuned in to what their body needs to do.)

Day 9 – 2nd post

Did not do a 16:8 day as planned but good news as did not go over TDEE I think…………no alcohol as I was designated driver – Great evening with old friends – plenty of laughter and great company.

Hope you had fab birthdays @ Loubelles and @reid

Sounds like a few have been poorly – virtual hugs coming your way – hope you all feel better soon @debbieq and @missymay and @lynzm

night

Day 9, NFD, Canada
    Snow storm here today which is very pretty, but kept me home all day with easy access to food. Snacking has put me over my Tdee. Can I fast on the weekend to make up for today, I ask myself. Yes,yes yes I can.

Just going out to hot tub in the snow with my treat for a cold day and want to share my HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE with you, here it is:

1 heaping tablespoon of Frys Cocoa powder 20 cals), whisked into
    2 cups of almond milk (30 cals /cup) plus
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and a splash of
    Vanilla Skinny Syrup(0 cals). Heat and serve – 40 cals per cup.

It is very filling and a nice legal treat for a cold fast day. Cheers!

Day 9 USA (Illinois)

NFD – busy but still found time to eat breakfast and my apple for lunch. Sensible supper too.

Pissupoosa – I have been bothered with sluggish bowels all my adult life. Someone on a previous challenge mentioned “an apple a day” and it really has worked for me! At times raisin bran cereal or prunes have been good, but they do have more sugar than the simple Jazz apple. It’s tangy enough without being too sweet.

2nd post –

In it toThin it – lI like your Hot Choc recipe. I’m heading up to BC to see family over Christmas. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for Vanilla Skinny Syrup. Thanks for sharing.

Working on staying warm on the end of a stormy snow day.

Day 9 USA NFD
    Have great fun on your birthdays, Reid and Lou Belles!

Day 9 – Canada – NFD.

Didn’t count calories today but I think I pretty much stayed within my limits.
    Busy day, in and out all day, but managed to get in a good walk in the cold brisk wind.

Day 10 UK NFD

just checking in. Good luck to everyone navigating the incredibly tough, or at least I am finding it so, remainder of December. X

Day 10. Sussex U.K.
    NFD. 16:8
    Weigh in today at 12st. 13lbs./ 181lbs. That’s 3 down since start of our challenge. Note to self, focus!
    In it to thin it – hot choc recipe saved. Lovely.
    Ciren – Hope the weather is kind to you on your round today.
    The posts on exercise and how it doesn’t always help you lose weight reminded me of two separate occasions some years ago. My OH and I walked the long distance path, the South Downs way. Around 100miles over 8 days. I thought the pounds would drop off. However because I thought I would need carbs, every time I saw another hill or slight incline coming up I would reach for a mars bar. This was together with full breakfasts at the b&b. Also lots of fish and chip suppers. You get the picture.Consequently I gained half a stone/ 7pounds by the end of the holiday.
    Contrasting with this episode, we visited Japan when number two son was there teaching English as a foreign language, in Tokyo. In three weeks I lost 10 pounds. They don’t really do puddings as we know them and there was a huge amount of pickles, fish and green tea. There is a moral here………I am just looking for it. Lol
    Good luck everyone this weekend.

Day 10, NFD, New Zealand. Bit messy with my tree today – Indian takeaways, wine, icecream. Oh well.

Adding my name to the Mon-Tues-maybe Wed b2b pocketeers
    Goldensun
    Coda
    BrightenBelle
    AnneMarilyn
    HollyLJ
    back2thefuture
    LEW

Day 10, Australia NFD

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I have had a really lovely day. Spoilt by my family. My girls, ages 9 and 11 wrote me the loveliest cards with the sweetest messages which really made my day, and my son (12 yrs) and husband were suitably male appreciative! Ha! They were all delightful, but it was so touching to read the heartfelt words and how much they wanted me to know they love and appreciate me. Which was certainly well received considering how tired and grumpy everyone is lately. ๐Ÿ˜† We are all ready for the holidays here.

Have done pretty well today food wise considering, had a light brunch and then thai for dinner with a small piece of carrot cake. Haven’t put it in mfp but should be under tdee. Have a lovely Christmas party tomorrow with friends and then I’ll be in with the pocket fasters for Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday.

Goldensun
    Coda
    BrightonBelle
    AnneMarilyn
    HollyLJ
    back2thefuture
    Lew
    LouBelles

I want to fit them in while I can. We are going on holidays next Saturday and going on a big road trip from Tasmania to Queensland. Am still working on hitting goal by then if possible, or just keeping on if that’s all that happens. ๐Ÿ˜†

Bert I loved your story about hiding the pencils! Gave me a good laugh! Thanks for that!

Reid, I hope you had a lovely birthday today?

Good luck everyone and have a great rest of your weekend.

Day 10 / Tweed Coast Australia / NFD

Enjoying this day after fast day. I’m feeling so much better! I increased my circadian thyroid dose (one that I set an alarm to take at 3 am) and it has made all the difference. It’s put a spring back in my step, lifted my mood, cleared my brain of the last of the fog and calmed my hunger dragons.

UK day 10 nfd hello everyone (11.7 1/2)

Just quick check in as am at hairdressers.

Day 10, Gozo Malta, NFD

Had a blueberry muffin I made this week 200 calories and white coffee for breakfast. I made milk chocolate muffins and I ate aa small piece which my son was having. I mean to stay within my TDEE today.

It’s the weekend again. Happy Saturday everyone. Enjoy and stay strong.

Day 10 Italy – NFD

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off shortly to a Children’s Museum EXPO “Winter Holidays Around the World.” Our fledgling museum uses various locations to set up expos, and this one is for this weekend. We are due for snow, though, so who knows how the “polar vortex” or “Siberian express” will effect attendance. oh well….

Good luck all you B2B fasters! I have a P.E.O. party and auction on Monday where we get to feast on a table of heavy appetizers and desserts. Oh, and wine. It’s a fun night with this great group of ladies, but I will do my best not to put down too many calories. A year ago I remember thinking I needed to lose some weight, and glad I’ve done it!

In It to Thin It – that hot chocolate sounds wonderful! I will have to look for vanilla skinny syrup too. I imagine Hershey’s cocoa powder would substitute for your Frys?

gotta run — onward and downward!

Day 10– Colorado, USA– NFD

Already have plans for going out to dinner tonight, so going very easy the rest of the day.
    Perhaps a light breakfast with DH & then skip lunch altogether.

I actually don’t even feel like eating breakfast right now, simply not hungry. Hmmm. Maybe I’ll slip in an easy 24 hour Fast (from dinner Friday night until dinner out tonight.)

Day 10 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

Day 11. FD Country West Australia
    12.20 am. Another late night/early morning for this farmer’s wife. Trying to get the harvest done. 40C today so too hot to really want anything much to eat but drank a lot of water and tea.Doing well until 6pm and then …..
    Went to a street fair in nearby town with lots of food stalls.I managed to limit myself to the veggie omelette then had rocky road and fresh cherries for dessert. Think I stayed under my TDEE or close to but will plug the numbers in tomorrow – simply too tired now.
    Temp cooler today Sunday – only 31C so should be able to do FD.
    Can you believe this – in 2 weeks it will be CHRISTMAS !!!!!โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ

Day 10: Gloucestershire, UK: Fast-day….so far…
    Birthday greetings to Reid and Loubelles.
    Alexinme: I weigh the morning after a fast day.
    Patti67: HA! It rained ALL DAY on my delivery…postie’s nightmare. I really needed my water-proof shorts today (waterproof leggings cut down!). It’s STILL raining here at 5pm.
    Good luck fellow fasters for today.

UK day 10 NFD will catch up on posts tomorrow x

Day 10 UK FD

Keep reporting in as FDs as I’m not eating! Due of coughing if I do! So 2 things good about being ill, one FDs are easier, two drink a gallon of hot water and lemon!

Mind you the meds might be taking me over the calories ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค” cough syrup? And the hot sweet tea that is comforting! โ˜•๏ธWell under calories for any though!

2nd post.

Thanks to all who mentioned get well to me. It’s nice when reading back the posts and finds someone has mentioned you and thought about what you have said. Must do this more myself as I never delete posts without reading them and I get so much from all of u.

But especially when u feel run down and Ill and sitting on the sofa feeeling sorry for yourself then it makes you feel so much better.

Thanks guys. X

P.s I won’t be joining the pocketeers this time (ha ha glad the name stuck) only because I’ve had illness imposed FDS for the last few days. Good luck all x I will be willing u on. X

Day 10/NFD/Carolina/USA

Weighed today: 179.8 which is 7.0 down for this week. I think Saturday weigh ins will be stable, as it’s not right after a FD and shouldn’t be too false of readings, but keeps me honest for Friday, so it doesn’t become a free for all with the weekend.

Did the stair master at the gym this morning for 40 minutes. Had my morning smoothie and cooking a delicious dinner tonight I’m excited about, so YAY!

Tomorrow will be my only planned dinner out for the week (had Chipotle last night). Looking forward to tomorrow’s dinner. ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 10 WA USA NFD?

I’m going for a 16:8 today. Though within my TDEE the last 2 days (following the 3 FDs) the scale is going in the wrong direction. I want to halt that if possible. I don’t want to be fasting every day. Still new on this journey and trying to figure the best way to maneuver. I’ll be ready for the B2B tomorrow evening.

LynzM, it sounds like you’ve been having a bad stretch health-wise. Hopefully you’re breaking through to a better place.

Alexinme, wow 7 lbs! Is this your first week? That’s amazing. When I just started, someone told me to expect 1 – 2 lbs a week on the 5:2 normally. I lost more than that my first while. I wish you well on your journey.

Day 10 USA HI NFD
    trying to make it a 16:8 today.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,651 through 2,700 (of 3,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.