28 Day February 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
28 Day February 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,265 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by  TripleT 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 2,266 total)

• Day 26 – USA – NFD

Probably went over TDEE yesterday, especially with carbs out to dinner at Red Lobster. Their cheesy biscuits are wonderful and always were a favorite of my late mother’s. I hadn’t been there since the last time we ate together right before she passed away in ’09, so I feel like it was a worthy treat.

Today will be church and likely exercise this afternoon. I hope the Oscar’s tonight aren’t too political. That drives me nuts, but those actors just want to get their opinions heard.

I like the discussion of ACV and various recipes. Yes, I will give it a go.

Onward and downward!

Day 26 Sunday– Colorado USA — NFD

Went out to dinner with OH & some friends last night. Ate less than half my meal, just listened to my body & stopped when comfortably full/ satisfied. Was having too much fun just getting caught up on their latest news.

Today is typically NFD, but made some wonderful soup yesterday in Instant Pot. Will easily enjoy that with a slice of brie cheese. Then have a light dinner. OH will have pasta, but I’m sticking to spiralized zucchini noodles.

You guys are pretty convincing … I’m starting to consider jumping into the hula hooping for March too. May check some of the neighbor kids to see if I can borrow one for a test spin first! πŸ˜€

Day 26, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 142.6, Starting weight on 2/5 – 152, Goal Weight 145.

Still going strong. Wishing all a healthy, happy day !

Hiya @ciren2 and @reid – hand-holding very much welcome for tomorrow’s FD!
    Back-to-basics is a good mantra for this week @coda, and I will be weighing and logging everything. Ultimately my motivation comes from feeling and seeing the results of my efforts so I will try to keep that in mind for the month to come.

Day 26 – London – NFD
    Returned from a week away so no fast days, scales have been quite kind considering the amount of food consumed but looking forward to a fast day tomorrow.

Happy Sunday all.

Day 26 USA NFD

Haven’t had time to add comments as of late, but have tried to keep up with the group. You are all doing amazing work!

I will be joining the March group and hope to have more time to chime in from time to time but have committed to a daily check-in.

Stay strong!

Day 26, NFD, Rocky Mountains, US

Hi All,

Yesterday NFD (don’t remember if I checked in), today also a NFD, it is carnival weekend after all. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    Going to brunch with friends.

Looking forward to our March challenge!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Ciao!!! 😊😊😊

Day 27 FD AUS

Day 26,Canada,NFD

@fatrabbit wow, what delicious treats your sanctuary animals receive, they must feel very lucky to have fallen into your protective care.

@reid,@AndExhale,@Ciren-I need to join your small group as well. Just weighed this morning and find I am 3 lbs up from the start of February. Frustrating . . .but I am still here, and wanting to do better for myself. I have undone all my fasts this month by eating over tdee on NFDs. I am stuffed from yesterday, but know better than to attempt a FD on a Sunday. Will Fast tomorrow, Monday.

Day 25 – NFD – Toronto
    Day 26 (today!) – NFD – Toronto

Managed to eat below TDEE on Friday and Saturday – cooked up a storm for the upcoming week yesterday (a cabbage/carrot/coconut dish, a south indian fish stew, brown rice and steel cut oats). I feel a virus trying to make itself at home in my sinuses and am fighting that little beast. Am seeing a long lost friend today and we are going out for tacos (yum!) and then my hubby and I have a tradition of charcuterie, cheese and crackers and wine on oscar nights… even though I’ve barely watched any of the nominated films this year… I love the magic of movies and love this tradition. Will focus on keeping it light during the day today to save my calories for the fun in store later today !

DAY 25 – Cardiff UK – NFD
    DAY 26 – Cardiff UK – NFD

Starting weight : 173.3lb

Today’s weight : 166.2lb (7.1 lb) Feb target 8.3lb

Weekend has been worse than usual as had a fish and chip treat Friday, which I didn’t enjoy as much as I thought I would, and Chinese takeaway last night (daughter home from uni).

So, whilst today is a NFD, it will be very controlled and tomorrow usual Monday liquid only FD. I’m confident that despite my transgressions I will still achieve Feb goal and looking forward now to March.

@fuvvie thinking of you.

Day 26 — USA — NFD
    Easier to stay in control of eating since my head cold crushes my big appetite; soup and smoothies to get me back well again. So, staying in control this weekend.

and..Exhale: We’ve all been there when we beat ourselves up; (hec, I quit halfway through the month of my first attempt at 5:2 last year, so I give you credit for hanging in there). One thing I know for sure (to quote Oprah) from this monthly challenge, is that when I beat myself up for overeating or when my pants are so tight that they are incredibly uncomfortable (I’ve actually yelled out loud at myself in front of the mirror before) makes me want to just eat more and give up. When I am easier on and PATIENT with myself — and look at the good things standing in front of that mirror, I am more apt to not overeat; eat mindfully, give my body healthy foods that it deserves without judgement. No more bullying myself. Now easier said than done, right? Maybe I should write that on a sticky note ON my mirror. πŸ™‚

Day 26 Canada nfd

Day 26 – Cumbria UK – NFD (16:8)

Another drizzly day here – I was doing registration for a fell race today – luckily we were inside in the warmth for that part – so glad I was not marshalling on top of a fell somewhere today!!!

Anyway back home now watching the Rugby – who would have thought that Italy would be ahead of England at halftime! But there’s little questioning that Italy’s half-time advantage is anything less than deserved! A renewed England for the second half squashed any idea of an upset……

Another 16:8 day so hopefully this whole weekend I will have been mindful in my eating even though a couple of glasses of wine each night was consumed!!

@happymargo – absolutely right you are going to get there! Just keep checking in daily and remember that we can hold hands on a FD across the globe. That vacation in 5 weeks will be your inspiration for March and of course we will all be here supporting you on FDs and NFDs to help you get to your goal. Go on and join us for the hula hoop challenge – I last did this as child – can I still do it I ask myself?????
    @-Rachel- great weight loss for your first month on this WOL – great to have you with us again for the March Challenge!
    @bert1802 – Those great variations on the scales is why I chose to weigh once a week after my 2nd FD, I have found that to be more consistent and by the way long may you keep “pulling your pants up all day long”
    @monkeydo, @elektron, @lindasue and @pashaw – great weight loss for this year so far!
    @lany36 – hope that willpower of yours is not still hiding away – I’m doing a FD tomorrow too so we can hand hold across the globe and stay strong together!
    @fatrabbit – so difficult when cooking not to be tempted – I keep a big glass of water handy when cooking and keep drinking it to help stop temptations and more often than not it works!!!!!
    @jarbia – great what a good night’s sleep does for our morale. And I can vouch for yoga as @debster251 suggested – I do 2 classes a week but often do a short relaxation session before bed.
    @and… exhale – stay strong, we all have ups and down and remember we are all here to offer support and hold your hand as required! Have you tried 16:8 days with only 2 meals using smaller plates/bowls from the rest of the family on your NFDs to help control calories without measuring/counting evreything – that’s what I do and it seems to work for me.
    @bert1802 – hugs re your mum, so hard to see these changes in our mums – the most important thing you can do is to keep her safe and that is exactly what you and your sister are doing. I may try that ACV and lemon juice water drink…….

Small group of Pockeeters forming here – I have made a note of all those who said they were doing a FD on Monday Day 27 – let’s all hold hands firmly tomorrow and do this!
    @lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @and… exhale
    @curlytot (2nd day of B2B)
    @flourbaby (2nd day of B2B)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh ( has already started a FD in Australia)
    @In it to thin it
    @pashaw
    @at
    Anyone else wants to join??? Together we are stronger and remember “We strive for progress not perfection”

Day 26|CD|Toronto
    @coda and friends: Back-to-basics is a good mantra for me as well, with an ongoing focus on the actual 5:2 program. Last night I revisited my copy of “the Fast Life” with a focus on Chapter Two: The FastDiet in Practice. I am a KISS (Keep It Simple STUPID) guy by nature and I need to get back to what works, Back-to-Basics in 5:2 will be my March mantra. Encouragement on here is a great help.

Add me to the group please!
    @lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @and..exhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @Inittothin
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251 (b2b)

Day 26 : Cheshire, UK : NFD/CD

@onahealthyhigh – thank you for the link to Gut Health. I’m seriously considering Kefir but, in the meantime, the suggestion of which foods to eat for prebiotics and probiotics is most helpful.

@fuvvie – I’m so sorry for your loss and having to make such a difficult decision. As others have said, you gave Alan such a loving, caring home for the last year of his life, I hope that gives you some comfort.

@fatrabbit – I too am making sure that what I cook is delicious as a substitute for not eating my β€˜old-style’ treats such as refined carbs and sugar. I’m really making sure that I enjoy what I eat and surprisingly they are healthy and low carb.

@monkeydo – thank you, I’m thinking of trying your ACV recipe.

Please add me to the list of pocketeers.

@lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @Andexhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @Inittothinit
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251
    @goldensun

@lynzm – a massive thank you for leading this challenge. I’m considering leading a monthly challenge this year too. πŸ™‚

Good luck everyone in the final stretch of the February challenge. Hope to see you in the March challenge.

xoxo

In it to thin it:
    I’ve got you on my list…and look at all the others too. Let’s DO it!

Day 26 : Cheshire, UK : NFD/CD

@onahealthyhigh – thank you for the link to Gut Health. I’m seriously considering Kefir but, in the meantime, the suggestion of which foods to eat for prebiotics and probiotics is most helpful.

@fuvvie – I’m so sorry for your loss and having to make such a difficult decision. As others have said, you gave Alan such a loving, caring home for the last year of his life, I hope that gives you some comfort.

@fatrabbit – I too am making sure that what I cook is delicious as a substitute for not eating my β€˜old-style’ treats such as refined carbs and sugar. I’m really making sure that I enjoy what I eat and surprisingly they are healthy and low carb.

@monkeydo – thank you, I’m thinking of trying your ACV recipe.

Please add me to the list of pocketeers.

@lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @Andexhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @Inittothinit
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251
    @goldensun

@lynzm – a massive thank you for leading this challenge. I’m considering leading a challenge sometime this year. πŸ™‚

Good luck everyone on the last leg of this challenge. I hope to see you all in the March challenge πŸ™‚

xoxo

Day 26 NFD U.K.

Haven’t logged in for a bit, but doing ok. Please add me to the list for FD tomorrow @at we can go out on a high! Will definitely be looking out for March 31 day challenge πŸ˜€.

Day 26 -Montreal- NFD

Just about to break yesterday’s fast (38h) and the scales are showing 82.0 kilos so a nice round number of 4 kilos gone and never to be seen again!
    My schedule changed at work so I’ll be working & fasting on Tuesday so will finish the month with an extra FD. I’m looking forward to March and continuing this new WOL that suits me so well.
    Now I have two days off to enjoy and will do my very best to be mindful.
    The finishing line is in our sights, let’s stay focused!!!

Day 26 | NFD | Bucks UK

Tomorrow will definitely be a FD for me as I’m not too sure that I will get to do another one this week…

Day 26 (again)– Colorado USA — NFD

AT, AnneMarilyn, Strawberries & others!– Thank you for the advice & bucking up!

Unfortunately, I had hit a dull patch, but I am practicing using kinder, gentler words with myself (as I would for a friend in the dumps!) I know I can make it back to success again.

At times, I wanted to quit this February Challenge altogether b/c of my back sliding. BUT I told myself even if I couldn’t finish each FD properly, the very least I could do was check in here as I had agreed to. So glad that I did, as I do feel re-motivated & re-energized by everyone else’s determination.

Going forward I have 3 things to strive for:
    1– Be kind to myself & remember “PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION.”

2– As Coda & August remind me, when in doubt go “BACK TO BASICS.”

3– Before putting food in my mouth, ask myself “WILL THIS BRING ME CLOSER TO MY GOALS?’

Day 26 – SW WA USA – FD

Decided to make today a FD because friends from church had other plans instead of brunch together. So an unexpected FD it is. Going to see about getting a little closer to my February goal.

Ciren2, Reid, And…exhale & Init to Thin it, I’ll join in on the hand holding on tomorrow’s FD as well. Together we’re stronger!

And—exhale – just a thought, maybe shortening the eating window to 16:8, for example, on a NFD might help with the control piece. I’m finding it’s helping me. Earlier in February I was simply stuffing myself on NFDs. When I starting more 16:8, my body responded well. Scale is again moving down, instead of undoing FDs on NFDs.

Mimigogirl – good for you with sticking to your plan even in the “hostile” work setting.

Metatauta – you asked about 16:8. As I referred to above, I find it easier to stick to reasonable intake if I shorten the eating window. I have continuing to log my food intake but not calories. I’m pretty sure I’ve stayed below my TDEE. I just eat until comfortably satiated on the 16:8s. On my FDs I’m more particular about sticking to 500 cal or less. Dr. Jason Jung mentioned that some eat 2 meals on a 16:8 and others 3. You can see what works for you.

Day 26 Portugal FD

Had to do a FD today after weighing myself this am. No weight loss in February at all, perhaps a slight gain! Disheartening. So continuing tomorrow with another FD before weigh in on Tuesday.
    Looking forward to march.

@at – count me in for FD tomorrow, please! We’ll make it south thru No. Carolina where we stop & go to an excellent Mexican restaurant we’ve discovered on our past trips – but I can do a big salad w/salsa! No marguerita’s, tho – can always imbibe, if need be, on a NFD! Thanks!

Day 27, Dunsborough West Australia, NFD
    Flying back to Perth today and OH doesn’t want to do a FD today, so will make it tomorrow for my drive home day. That’ll work well because I won’t have to even think about packing lunch etc. The only thing I’m a bit concerned about is that I’ll weigh in artificially low on my weigh-in day following the FD. Any thoughts on that anyone?

Just want to mention to be careful with the ACV and boiling water. The boiling water will kill the mother and the benefits will be lost. Keep it tepid only. Same principle as for kefir. These goodies have live beneficial bacteria. I’m not sure what the highest temp is… but if I leave this page to look it up then I’ll lose the post. Still stuck with my phone as the only access to the cyber world. I hope my new modem will be at home when I get there.

Happy fasting everyone.

Day 26 – USA – NFD
    Third post – @annemarilyn, thank you for clearing up my question about 16:8 vs. FDs.

Day 26 / Sweden / NFD

I’ll be fasting tomorrow along with a large part of this group. Good luck to all.
    Cheerio!

Count me in for FD Day 27.
    I’ve been a bit slack lately, feeling disorganised.
    But great to have pocketeers to keep me company tomorrow.

A thought to leave you with as I retire and one to keep in mind if tempted.

I am tomorrow what I eat today.

Cheerio x

Day 25 UK FD
    Day 26 UK NFD

Hi all, had a busy weekend and just caught up on all posts. Thanks for all who mentioned me leading this challenge but it really is a joint effort. I couldn’t do it without all you guys helping too. Good luck to AT, I won’t pretend it’s not time consuming especially for the first couple of weeks but you also gain so such also.

I’m going to sign up for March challenge with renewed energy I hope, Feb has been hard but the scales although not showing a lot of difference are still going down rather than up. Squats everyday – Thighs getting bigger so I am presuming I am losing fat but also gaining muscle.

Count me in for tomorrow for our final pocketeer group for Feb. Good luck all us! That makes 17 x

Day 26 Ireland NFD

2nd post

@granny2ten – the march challenge is up already on the Forum – click on Forum at the top of the page then click on Recent Post and scroll down until you see 31 Day March 2017 Challenge and click on that to open then you can sign in to join – looking forward to having you join our growing band for march.
    @mimigogirl – I always weigh the day after my 2nd FD of the week and if you always weigh after your 2nd FD of the week it keeps it consistent….Safe travels home.

Goodness me our list of pocketeers for tomorrow has grown:-
    @lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @Andexhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @Inittothinit
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251
    @goldensun
    @granny2ten
    @missj2002
    @annemarilyn ?(2nd day b2b)
    @erika45 (2nd day b2b)
    @scs
    @orpheusx
    @mariaw
    @lynzm
    Anyone else fasting?
    Across the globe we will be keeping each other motivated and positive to see the FD through – Perhaps our motto for tomorrow’s FD could be “We Believed We Could So We Did”

Pocketeers – added myself
    @lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @Andexhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @Inittothinit
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251
    @goldensun
    @granny2ten
    @missj2002
    @erika45 (2nd day b2b)
    @scs
    @orpheusx
    @mariaw
    @ LynzM

Day 27 – Tokyo, Japan – FD 79.7kg

I see the pocket group, but I’ll be wrapping up my fast as many of you are in the thick of a fast. It is impressive the number of people doing b2b fasts too. You can add me if that doesn’t bother you, but I’m 1/3 through my fast right now. This fast might be a bit harder, I woke up a bit hungry and have been feeling more hunger than is normal for me in the morning. It isn’t so serious that I feel I need to pay attention to it, but it is irritating.

I’m a bit surprised but my weight stayed under 80kg during my NFDs. That was a goal and I’ll take it for now. Longer term I think my weight might increase some as my fat goes down from here because I’m trying to build more muscle. On the other hand I’m still at a BMI of 26 so I’m not thin. Basically I’m currently at the same weight I was when I went to college almost 3 decades ago. I haven’t figured out what weight I want to maintain, only that I want my body fat under 15%.

@erikaa67 – Whenever I get a cold I also try to use it to extend a fast. When I’m not feeling that great, food isn’t really much comfort. Losing the fat though is a long-term comfort.

Day 27 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia FD

It has been raining for a couple of hours and is wonderful. I will get into the housework shortly. The temptation is to sit and read or get on with my 2000 piece jigsaw. It is all a lake reflecting a cloudy stormy sky, some forest on the slopes of fairly barren mountains….very difficult due to half the puzzle being the storm clouds and same colours reflected in the lake.
    Does anyone else enjoy jigsaws? I am going through a phase of doing a series of them.

Coda, the book I am reading at the moment is Cooking for Picasso. It took me a bit to get into it, but I’m quite enjoying it.

Maintaining my fast along with all the pocketeers.

DAY 27 – UK – FD

Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 23 FD
    Day 24 NFD
    Day 25 NFD – my birthday so enjoyed a nice family dinner with pavalova a cream to finish!
    Day 26 NFD
    Day 27 FD

Hope to finish the month with a decrease on the scales. Will post final weight tomorrow

Day 27 Tas Aus FD 65.6kgs

I am looking forward to just weighing again after fd’s, often just 2nd fd’s for the week. But it has been very interesting to keep a track of,though sometimes a bit depressing.

Fasting today and tomorrow so will add myself to the list. @coda it seems like we are thinking the same way. I’m doing these two fd’s at 500 cal if needed and just getting them done in the simple first way I tried. This month had been hard but I’m going to keep it simple and doable. We can all do this!!

Pocketeers
    @lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @andexhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @inittothinit
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251
    @goldensun
    @granny2ten
    @missj2002
    @erika45 (2nd day b2b)
    @scs
    @orpheusx
    @mariaw
    @lynzm
    @loubelles

Is so nice to be part of a group that is doing this all together!

A japanese proverb has it, β€œeight parts of a full stomach sustain the man; the other two sustain the doctor” Love this:)

Australia Day 27 NFD – apologies for missing the last few days. All have been NFDs. I weighed in on Saturday and had put on 200gms so weight is now 93.2

Pocketeers
    @lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @andexhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @inittothinit
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251
    @goldensun
    @granny2ten
    @missj2002
    @erika45 (2nd day b2b)
    @scs
    @orpheusx
    @mariaw
    @lynzm
    @loubelles
    @dysk – finishing up with us
    @laddie10 — (1st day B2B will be monday/tuesday)

Let’s do this!

Day 27 Melbourne FD

I’m joining you guys!
    Pocketeers
    @lany36
    @fuvvie
    @coda
    @ciren2
    @andexhale
    @curlytot (2nd day b2b)
    @flourbaby (2nd day b2b)
    @reid
    @onahealthyhigh
    @inittothinit
    @pashaw
    @at
    @debster251
    @goldensun
    @granny2ten
    @missj2002
    @erika45 (2nd day b2b)
    @scs
    @orpheusx
    @mariaw
    @lynzm
    @loubelles
    @dysk – finishing up with us
    @laddie10 β€” (1st day B2B will be monday/tuesday)
    @biddiev (nearly 2pm and feeling way better being in your pockets – I’ve got you in mine)

This day will bring us closer to our goals! Strength to All πŸ™‹

Day 29 Oman NFD
    I don’t think this month will turn out great in terms of weight loss. I’ll weigh in 1st March after 2nd FD tomorrow. But the reality is that I’m up and down the same 2 kg since late Jan. Oh well I will keep going in March and see if I can break thru.
    Unlike others I find the FDs hard..even after 2.5 months. They are simple..no obsessing over food etc. But I find it difficult not to eat! I do enjoy my food.

I did manage to stick to 2 fast days per week all month. And I do 16:8 on 3 days. But I went over tdee some days for sure.

One very nice thing happened on a very difficult FD in Feb…2 people told me I lost weight! The first time that happened in a long time… apart from OH who is v supportive.

So I want to keep going…i know that perseverance will pay off (along with menu planning, hiit, slow eating etc).

Good luck and good wishes to all. I love following the thread, hearing all your stories.

Hey @missymoomoo I think all this fasting has got to you. Day 29 for Feb?? 😲

Sorry! Day 27 i meant. I’m trying to extend my fast from yesterday until lunch today…..but maybe I should eat!!

Day 27 – Perth AUS – FD

Day 27 – Switzerland – FD

Feeling very supported to be fasting as part of such a group. I will write all your names onto a piece of paper and keep it in my pocket. Strength and fortitude to everyone in the Feb challenge, FD or not.

Thank you @erikaa67 for your wise words on bullying ourselves – they are going on a sticky note on my PC screen! Thank you @at and @annemarilyn for encouraging me to do 16:8 on NFDs – if it works for you I’ll give it a go.

Day 27 FD NZ
    Such a well needed FD today, had a single meal of 376cals. It was a simple 3 small apricots, small apple and a big plate of cauli rice followed by two small apricots.
    It’s hard to believe that it all comes to less than 400cals but I’ve input everything into MFP before eating as I always do on a FD and it’s right.
    I had an hour run this morning which burnt more than 500cals.
    When I consistently do so well on my FDs it shows I am clearly not on top of the NFDs given how slow the weight is shifting.
    I’ll weigh tomorrow morning and see what Feb has achieved weight wise.
    My intention to monitor and control NFDs needs to be the March goal again, I did well in the first two weeks but last week was definitely not controlled on the NFDs.
    I’m just glad I’ve adapted to 3 FDs this month or I think I’d be going up instead of down…tomorrow will tell for sure.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 2,266 total)

You must be logged in to reply.