28 Day February 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
28 Day February 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,265 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by  TripleT 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 2,266 total)

• Day 25: NFD in Gloucestershire, UK:
    Yesterday…a FD success…another gold star in the food diary.

SongBirdMe: Apple cider vinegar was an acquired taste for me too…but it keeps the blood glucose down so persevere. I have a couple of spoonfuls (approx.) a day in a glass of water before a carbohydraty meal.
    Just glug it back in one go…it works ok that way.

Fuvvie: I’m SO sorry about your poor little dog Andy having to be put to sleep. As a great dog-lover myself, who lost a dear Jack Russell 18 months ago, aged 15…I know how very heart wrenching it is. You did the kindest thing….remember that….and love Molly lots. Hugs to you xx

Day 24, London, UK, NFD and Birthday too!!! Managed to reach Feb goal-1.4lbs so -20lbs since 1st Nov ’16…yeah me!!!

Day 25, London, UK, NFD

@coda and @goldensun, many thanks for your birthday wishes, had a fab night out, unfortunately went for the 7 course tasting menu with wine (well, why wouldn’t I???) Definitely stretched my tummy to pre-5:2 proportions……………hence, a terrible night’s sleep with severe leg cramps, back on track today being mindful. I seem to keep having to learn this SAME lesson the hard way. Overindulgence, force feeding (I really was about to POP!!) = discomfort, pain, restlessness……….plus a little bit of guilt!!! I may heed this lesson more than others because NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING, gets in the way of my sleep, it’s my favourite pastime (well, since eating has been relegated to the bottom of the list!!)

@strawberriesandcream, having fallen off that particular wagon many times, I GET you. I’ve put red wine in the same box as chocolate, bread, biscuits, cake and crisps because if it’s in the house I’ll consume it, so I don’t allow any of the above in the house, that’s not to say that at times I don’t chuck myself off of one of the many wagons I’m on!!!………….Just that I get up, dust myself down and hoist myself back up there!!! Once I’ve completed my brain re-training which comes with this WOL, I’m sure anything will be welcome in my home without sending me into a gluttonous frenzy!!! Sending good vibes your way!!!!!

@fuvvie, so sorry for your loss, good to think Andy’s last year was his best year, because he had you………hugs.

Good luck everybody, Roll on March!!

Day 25, NFD, USA
    I’m down a pound, so only one lb to go before this challenge ends then I hit my Feb goal. Excited to resume in March because this does work and is very doable.

DAY25 – UK – NFD

Well another fast day over and another sleepless night!!! I have been out all day so have only skimmed posts, and will go back to re-read, but a BIG thankyou to all who offered advice. I will study responses and see if any apply. I was supposed to drive to-day (out with a girlfriend) but no sleep two nights in a row we decided best not to – thank goodness – as I kept nodding off in the car.
    Bad day so far, 4 biscuits, big lunch, 1 chocolate, handful of nuts – and steak dinner still to come. If I sleep it will be worth every mouthful!! Will not keep within my tdee to-day, but still think I may lose a lb. this month!!. Thanks all – and good luck xx

Day 25 Oman NFD
    FD tomorrow and another on Tuesday. Hopefully I’ll be down on the scales Wed morning.

@fuvvie so sorry about your doggie. It’s heartbreaking.

Day 25 Ireland NFD
    There are so many fabulous people on here. I am amazed at how supportive everyone is of eachother, I am inspired. I just started on this WOL at the beginning of Feb. And while I havent lost any weight, my clothes are certainly looser. So I’ve realised that I need to stop obsessing over the scales, because ultimately my goal is to look and feel better…so success! I am incredibly grateful to everyone for sharing their stories and providing us with a glimpse into each others lives. Keep moving forward, hugs and kisses to all XXX
    PS particular sympathies to @fuvvie, I have been there and felt your pain. X

2nd post

I eventually broke my fast at lunchtime with the most delicious bowl of carrot and coriander soup but I did not have any of the bread that came with it! We went to our favourite local cafe and I also took away a piece of Polenta and red berry cake to have with a cup of tea during the afternoon, whilst I watched the Rugby. Cannot believe that Scotland beat Wales, first time in 10 years!! Now watching Ireland v France – always expect the unexpected with the French team……..

3lbs @bert1802 – get you – bet you still did a little dance…….

@ciren2 – it does feel good to complete a successful FD – that handholding does work!

@flourbaby – a very happy birthday to you – sounds like you had a fabulous time – I do love tasting menu!

Day 25 Saturday — Colorado USA — NFD

Weight is up. 🙁
    Drats! Just when I had my goal weight in the cross-hairs!

Since getting green light for activity from surgeon & PT, I’ve returned to work (12 hour shifts of rather physical work.) And also recently began heavy strength training 3x/week & running 4x/week. Both seem to make me quite hungry.

Trying to sort out how best to handle this while also getting back on the FD wagon. Not giving up 5:2 as it’s been the most successful I’ve been at dropping pounds, just needing to work it back into my life/ schedule.

I know I can get there. In meantime, I’ll keep logging in here & reading all the helpful posts!

Day 25, Gozo, Malta, NFD

I’m 0.7 kilos above my target weight but within a healthy BMI.

Have a great weekend everyone

Fuvvie, Just catching up with some posts and want to tell you I am so sorry for your loss. They say that grief is the price we pay for loving deeply. Rest comforted in the knowledge that you gave your heart and soul to one of God’s favorite creations and He is grateful to you for that. May beautiful memories sustain you and your family.

Day 25 – SW WA USA – NFD

Going for 16:8 again. Not sure I’ll make my February goal but I’ll give it my best shot.

Deirdre54321 – yes, this is a wonderfully supportive group. I’m glad your clothes are fitting better even though weight isn’t moving. I am finding that losing on 5:2 is bringing me to smaller sizes more quickly than in previous weight-loss journeys.

HappyMargo – do you think that the gain may be you’re building more muscle with your increased workouts?

Anna6 – wonderful that you’re within a healthy BMI range.

Day 25 – Montreal – FD

My last meal was at midnight last night at work so plan to fast till breakfast tomorrow afternoon (40 hours ish).
    I’m intrigued by the apple cider vinegar too, and will start taking 2 tbsp’s before carb heavy meals. I have a big bottle of organic acv with the mother that I found at Costco.

This is my last FD of my first month living this WOL. The scales show a 2.7 kilo loss so far, and I’m looking forward to the months ahead. I do need to be more careful on my NFD’s as I don’t want to start calorie counting, unless really necessary.

Everybody’s feedback, thoughts, struggles and successes are so motivating to read.
    Thank you for sharing.

Just a quick post….

I’m so sorry Fuvvie, about your little guy. Your in my prayers!

SCS…… I am a design consultant for remodels and new builds, to be more specific for floors, kitchens and baths.

Deirdre…….. in Nov. I started my journey. I’ve had some interesting experiences, but by far this one is the most interesting and odd thing that happens majority of the time.
    I can have a really bad week, my weight can be all over the board. I gain 3or 4lbs in one week. Loss 2 lbs after fasting, then again gain. Now, the odd thing is when my weight is all over, I keep dropping clothes sizes…… Earlier this month, I gained 4lbs but went down 2 pant sizes. This week, I lost 3 lbs but the next size is still to tight to wear….. Go figure?!?
    It such a wonderful annoyance to be pulling my pants up all day long.
    Ive said it a 100 times and I’ll say it for the rest of my life. Scales are lying, theiven pains in the arse. It is the only object in our homes that we keep even though they cheat us, lie to us and steal from us.
    This WOL shows us success more from the way we feel and how our clothes feel.

Day 26 NFD Aus

@fuvvie so sorry
    @bert too true.

Day 25 | NFD | Bucks UK

Day 25 (again)– Colorado USA — NFD

Not sure what happened… I followed 5:2 fantastically thru November & December. Enjoyed the results and even slipped back into my skinny jeans.

But sadly I seem to have gone thru some mid-winter January/February slump. Luckily, I have gotten back to my exercise routine, which I enjoy tremendously. It’s the food & fasting portion I’ve had a bit of struggle with.

And we’ve all heard these before:
    — “Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.”
    — “You can’t out-run a bad diet”
    — “80% of results come from your diet, not exercise.”

So now, I’m looking forward to March!! I’ll be using that month to recharge & re-commit to 5:2 WOL. Fresh start again! 😀

In 5 weeks, I’ll be vacationing with family on a sunny island. I want to feel confident in my bikini & energetic enough to enjoy beach running & ocean swimming.

Thank you all for inspiring me to not quit and keep striving toward my goals!

Day 26 Sydney NFD
    81.5kg today
    I’m down 8.4kgs since last year – with most of that weight loss achieved on this 5:2 diet – some fell off when I quit drinking- partly because of the alcohol calories and partly because of less eating that accompanied the glass of wine. I’m now half way to my goal of 73kg!

@fuvvie. Im so sorry for the loss of a trusty companion. Our lives are so intertwined with faithful friends. Andy had a great and loving home. Just enjoy those happy memories.
    @jarbia don’t know if you do yoga. Check out http://www.supersleepyoga.com/.
    @deirdre 54321!ive lost a couple off pounds this month, but no inches. I envy your loose clothes, so rejoice in those baggy trousers along with @bert. What the scales say is only a number.
    Thank you Bert for that timely reminder of the real evidence of the success of this WOL. Go you!
    Congrats@ Erikaa67 @ bert1802 @anna6 Well done you all!
    @at France is always such a strong team, and worried that Ireland would come a cropper. Tight game! Scotland were the deserved winners in theirs.It’s been a long time coming. It still quite an open contest. Looking forward to its outcome whoever you support!
    @flourbaby, I think belated happy birthday!
    @’HappyMargo you’re coming to grips with a big change in your immediate routine. Small steps and you’ll get there.

Day 26 Melbourne NFD

@fuvvie – hugs – it’s hard to lose a friend.

@allsmiles – yes I strongly identify with what you say. I have completed 4 months and am in this for the long haul, but it feels as though a little spark has gone out of life, so far. (I’m optimistic that it will return one day, even if it takes a year or two.) I have been a cook (at a winery) and OH has been a restauranteur and the ‘shared enjoyment’ of lovely (fresh/generally healthy) food has been a Huge part of our 27 years together, whether we cooked it or eating out. At this point, although I miss it, I’m being dogged about it only being a small piece of the puzzle and that we can get back there, one day, albeit in some different format. I’m a bit sad that OH has the same loss inflicted on her, so to speak, but health is important and I’m hoping she’ll jump on board one day.

@lilymartin – I meant to say that I grow garlic, ginger, turmeric, galangal, lemongrass and cardamom, with varying success. Only my second year and I only got a good harvest of garlic, cardamom and lemongrass. I think the others got too much hot sun. Not sure what even happened to galangal as I only remembered that as I wrote it! The ginger came up again and I think I will be able to harvest some. That and the turmeric are the ones I most want to make work, so I will continue experimenting.

@bert1802 – yes, nicely put 😄

@flourbaby – go girl! Lovely birthday present to yourself 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

@monkeydo – well done you, it’s so inspiring to hear of the losses!

@fuvvie – so sorry you have lost your dear furry companion. Losing our friends like that is so difficult. I know you will have great memories of him that will give you joy.

@debster – I know you will enjoy your further travels. One of my trivia questions was how many visitors does NYC get in a year? The answer was 55 million! Amazing to think it could add a million people each week. We did Vermont/New Hampshire the first fall after I retired. Terrific colors although it is really hard to pinpoint just when it is at peak.

@ciren2 – thanks for the advice about Apple Cider Vinegar. I suppose I will give it more tries!

Day 26 – Perth AUS – NFD – Weigh in day

D1 weight: 74.0kg / 163.1 pounds
    D26 weight: 68.0kg / 149.9 pounds
    Feb target: 68.0kg

I got to my revised target after all 🙂 This is the lightest I have been in five years, and it doesn’t feel draining at all (unlike “diets” that hold back food etc). Sadly, most of my work wear consists of elastic waist-band pants and skirts, and I’ve found that the elastic won’t stretch back! Goes to show how long I’ve been fat I guess 😛

Thanks @lynzm for taking the reins on what has become an amazing monthly challenge for me. I’ve learnt A LOT from everyone here and the results speak for themselves. I honestly believe I couldn’t have done it without this forum. The last five years of fatty-Elektron wasting money on “diets guaranteed to work!” and crash diet/exercise programs are proof of that. Now to push on through, hit my dream goal and put this into practice long term.

*MASSIVE GROUP HUG* <3

Day 26 NFD sunny hot country West Australia
    FD went OK yesterday. Jumped on the scales today and … they are down the 500 gms they were up yesterday!!
    With this WOL I enjoy the fact that I am generally eating a lot less and feel full so much sooner. Out for a bring and share lunch today so will see how that goes.
    Went to see my beautiful elderly mum yesterday in Aged Care . She has dementia and couldn’t stay at home anymore. As a country woman she was a fabulous cook. I stayed whilst she had dinner and it broke my heart to see her eating very uninteresting looking mince with boiled veggies. At least mum retains her sense of humour. She looked at me and said ‘ Well you wouldn’t need to follow a recipe to make this!’
    I really think we don’t look after our elderly very well. Considering its potentially where we all might end up, you’d think we could do better.
    @fuvvie, sorry about Andy

Day 26 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 79 kg

Surprised that my weight stayed flat through a NFD.

@fuvvie – Sorry for your sad day.

Day 26 Oman FD

Day 26 NFD NZ
    Arrgh! What happened to my NFD resolve to manage my intake consciously and with a degree of willpower???
    Speaking of which…has anyone seen my willpower lying around somewhere? I seem to have lost it, I haven’t really looked for it today, that would take effort and I’m pretty sure I’ve lost the motivation for that too. Sooo, if anyone happens to trip over any of my personal responsibility and determination I’d be super grateful if you could just give it a shove back in my direction.
    I’m hoping it’s all just having a little rest in my bed and I’ll find it again overnight cos I’m really going to need it back for my FD tomorrow.

Day 26 UK FD

Got a bit carried away both with a wheel of brie and the potatoes that I cooked for my mum yesterday. I did them with parsnips and kale and chilis, lemon juice and various seeds – chia and flax and mustard and they were so nice I stood by the cooker and stuffed myself:( I made the mistake of just thinking I could have a little bit before putting the animals away again. I also made a pot full of cauliflower with samphire and coconut. That was nice too but it was the other one that got me. I absolutely am not finding myself feeling that what I am cooking is dull. I am feeling more inspired to cook well and am enjoying planning delicious meals almost as a substitute for eating. I wouldn’t have dipped into the pan on a fast day, I can cook mainly for the others quite easily and have just a small bowl myself. But NFD Saturdays are difficult as the Sanctuary is open and we have visitors and volunteers here and it can be hard to find the time to sit down to eat. Hence my attack on the brie, which just maade me hungrier and led to the pan raiding. FDs are easier as I can eat after every one has gone. I need to really watch myself next time.

Fuvvie so sorry to hear that you had to make that decision. It is such a difficult one to have to make but it is often a necessary part of caring for an animal. Take comfort from the fact that you were able to give him a good last year of life that he wouldn’t have otherwise had. As I always remind myself a rescue isn’t over until the animal dies in a place where their needs are fully met. Death is as much a part of life as everything else is. It isn’t quite the same when I lose animals because the relationship isn’t as concentrated as with someone’s pet but it is still the worst part of running a sanctuary. I dread having to make that decision.

Well done on reaching your target Ellektron:))

I am so bad at remembering who I wanted to reply to! Maybe I’ll do better at that next month:~ This group has been so helpful. Many thanks to Lynzm for leading it and to everyone for participating:) I have been reading all the posts and learning lots.

Day 26 Belfast NFD
    Not a very controlled day yesterday. Scales up 😟 Back to the drawing board.

DAY 26 – UK – FD

Took an over-the-counter sleep aid last night, as I just HAD to get a night’s sleep.
    Worked like a dream. The most wonderful thing in the world for me must be to put my head on the pillow at 11pm – and the next thing you know it’s 730 a.m.!!! It was magic. I limit myself to one a week when I get desperate as I don’t want it to become habit forming. Put on 1 lb. after my NFD yesterday – but expected that as I was ott.
    Still on my revised target to stay same weight as end of Jan – and I may even be a lb. down….I will be pleased with that – as it’s so easy to throw in the towel and reverse all the good work if you have had a bad few weeks. (My usual behaviour) This WOL puts a stop to that.
    @debster251 Yoga seems a good idea! I will check out classes next week. Thanks for that.

Days 24-26 – Switzerland – NFD

Totally lost the plot, can’t get my head straight at all. I’ve been trying to get control of my NFDs, but haven’t been putting in the FDs over the last week and a bit. Stepped on the scale today to find I’m now almost 96kg, which is 4kg up from beginning of challenge. I’ve not been pigging out either. I just felt very tired of thinking about food all the time and wanted to eat ‘normally’ for a change.

It’s a bit chicken-or-egg : is trying to get my weight down by adopting what is an effective yet radical WOE affecting my self-esteem? Or is it my admittedly rather shaky self-esteem that has contributed to unhealthy eating, and is now sabotaging my efforts to take control?

I had so much determination at the beginning of the month, really felt I could keep going. But really don’t feel like that now, would much rather go back to bed and not talk to anyone for a while. When I’m feeling positive, this WOE is as easy as breathing. So I feel very judgemental of myself when I can’t get it together.

Day 26, Newcastle UK, NFD

Good NFD yesterday – everything going to plan. Another today before my b2b FDs tomorrow and Tuesday and final Feb challenge weigh-in on Wednesday morning.

@lilymartin & @ BiddieV – thank you, appreciate your support.
    @bluenijamum – we watched The Secret of Food last night. Very interesting. I always find myself asking – how the heck did anyone find this stuff out in the first place.
    @fatrabbit – I had a shot at pretend hula hooping yesterday and got a very strange look from OH!
    @orpheusx – yes – instant gratification is a huge problem and has robbed the younger generations of so much learning and experience in life. So many feel entitled without having to put in the work. Very worrying.
    @goldensun – felt your virtual hug – and right back at ya!
    @fuvvie – so sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose a pet and even more so when it’s unexpected. I had to make the heartbraking decision to have my 5 year old collie put to sleep 3 years ago when he bit my OH in the face after being traumatised by next door’s ‘summer fireworks party’. Unfortunately he’d recently bitten an old lady (she admitted it was her fault) – but he’d had his chance and I had no choice. It broke my heart and I miss him so much. Our golden retriever sensed my sadness and really helped me through my grief. I hope Molly can help you.
    @bert1802 – Wow – inspiration indeed! Well done.
    @august2024 – fortunately I’ve always had a healthy suspicion about fast food outlets. I’m a strong believer in you get what you pay for and it makes me mad that these organisations and their marketing machines are willing to wreck lives in their pursuit of money.
    @flourbaby – Brain retraining – yes, that’s what we are doing in breaking habits and creating new habits. Believe it or not I used to fall for my brain telling me that I couldn’t possibly leave the new built in wine wrack empty as it didn’t look right. And what a waste of those wine glasses if I didn’t use them. Amazing but true. Now I’ve got the wine rack stuffed with other items and my wine glasses feel just as good in my hand with sparkling water.
    @jarbia – for years I have suffered from insomnia off and on. I recently started wearing an eyemask again – remembering that it had worked for me years ago. It is working again, so maybe worth a try if you haven’t already.
    @deirdre 54321 & @happymargo – the ability to draw a line under relapses and move forward without beating ourselves up is one of the biggest tools we have in our quest for health. Yes we learn from mistakes but there is nothing to be gained by going over and over in our minds. Every day is a new opportunity.
    @monkeydo – it’s very liberating to discover just how much good food we can eat when not allowing alcohol to steal our precious calories. It’s so inspiring to hear about your excellent results to date.

Happy Sunday everyone. I’m off to do some voluntary garden clearance for a couple of hours. Fresh air, exercise and good company with like minded residents.

Ooooh great theread! Just finishe my first week of 5:2 – looking forward to the march challenge and joining in with you wonderful lot!

Day 26, Gozo,Malta, NFD

It’s spontaneous Carnival this weekend and tomorrow and Tuesday here in Malta and Gozo, especially in my home town of Nadur.

I’m 1.2 kilos above target weight this morning.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 26 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia NFD:

I am overwhelmed and grateful for your condolences and compassion for Andy and our family. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and prayers. Molly was just lying on the verandah today with her head through the railing, just like Andy did. She must be very confused about why he is no longer around. I have read the rainbow bridge, Coda. Our vet sent it to us 2 years ago when our little poodle Cosette died from cancer in her mouth. She was 12 and a half at the time. My mother-in-law missed her terribly which is part of the reason why we took on the older dog. That poem made me cry when I first read it. It is a lovely thought.

I’ve been busy digging out great slabs of rock that have been damaging the mower blades. They are mostly too heavy for me to lift by myself. I’m waiting for OH to come home next Friday to help me transport them to the front garden to form the border.

Early night tonight. I hope to manage a proper FD tomorrow. Night all.

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

@at: are you fasting tomorrow? Can we hold hands?

@and…exhale:
    I’m so sorry you are struggling at the moment. I know from my own recent experiences, that it only takes a couple of failed fast-days to let the self-loathing and sense of defeat set in. Weight-gain is like a blow to the stomach as nothing else.
    However, don’t ever give up…if you need to give yourself a break, do so, but set a date when you will do a successful fast-day. Try relaxation CDs…they helped me to get a grip after six weeks off the wagon. Once you get one success, you can build on it from there. Good luck…we’re all here for you xx

Day 23 Dunsborough Western Australia FD
    @LynmZ my apologies for conflicting information. Day 23 was a FD.

Day 26 NFD
    Great joy… I had to adjust my bra straps this morning and my bra isn’t quite as full – in other words I’ve stopped spilling out of it. Now for the backside to take a similar reduction… that would be nice. I’ll get the tape measure out on Wednesday and compare 1/2 with 1/3.

I’m in Melbourne atm and as we all know it’s much more difficult to make good food choices when away from home. I’ve taken my lunch to work each day, and taken a bit of a ribbing as a result. And when the boss bought ice creams for afternoon tea today I just sat a bit apart and didn’t partake.

Happy fasting to you all xx

I may not lose a lot this week and I hope against hope that I haven’t put on. I until Wed tho.

2nd post

Thanks for the kind words @ciren2 – had a look at the 8-wk blood sugar diet, decided I’m not that desperate, and have resolved to get back to 4:3 straight away – proper logged NFD today and FD tomorrow.

I have printed myself a calendar for the next two months to mark my progress.

It’s not fun, it’s not easy (except when it is!) but this WOE works for me and I just need to keep reminding myself. Will sign up for March.

Day 26 – Brittany, France – NFD

After yesterday’s FD I weighed in at 67.3 kg this morning. That’s a loss of 1 kg this February; my aim was to lose 2 kg, which I knew was ambitious. So although I’m a bit disappointed, at least I’ve managed to lose a bit. 1 kg down, 7 to go!

Sorry for not logging in.
    Day 24, UK, NFD.
    Day 25, UK, NFD.
    Day 26, UK, FD.

Thanks @coda re drawing a line.

@fuvvie, just catching up after a few days and want to add my condolences for your loss.
    Have a good Sunday all, I’ve been well over TDEE the last two days so going to see if I can do a few B2Bs before the end of February challenge.

Day 26 Tas Australia NFD 64.6kgs

Sorry for your loss @fuvvie xx

2nd post
    Apple Cider Vinegar recipe
    I cut up fresh ginger and put it in a thermos with a bit of ACV and boiling water.
    keeps me going all afternoon.
    the ginger lifts the ACV taste.

Day 26, London, UK, FD

Thanks all for your B’day wishes, although I’ve gained 1.4lbs since Friday am, I’m still at my Feb target. I’m planning my 2nd b2b for today and tomorrow, leaving me 1 FD for the rest of the week.

I really hope I see you supportive, motivating guys over in the March challenge!!!!

Day26 Maine NFD

Good morning all – haven’t the time to read posts – we’re just about to hit the road…hoping to get 7-8 hours in today to PA. A little over TDEE yesterday – cleaning out fridge – I should have just tipped it toward my mouth! Trying 16/8 today – this is the tricky part – have our favorite restaurants along the way w/favorite plates selected. Challenging, but happy to report that favorite summer skirt fit & packed!! That should keep me motivated – fingers crossed!

Will catch up in hotel tonight. Make it a great day, everybody!

Day 26…..Florida….NFD

What a rough week, it’s nice to get up and know I have no where to go and nothing to do outside the comforts of my own home. The hubby and I started a little challenge this morning, to see who could stay in their night clothes the longest. I know I’m going to win because we’re having company tonight for dinner and he won’t want to be seen unusually dressed. Me…. the way I look at it, there lucky I got clothes on at all…… lol

Last night after reading the post on ACV, I did some reasearch. Apparently, some have had some success with it but they combined it with sensible eating habits. Did you all hear the key words in that sentence? Sensible Eating?
    The two things about this that I found were interesting was that it reduces belly bloat and removes toxins from the body.
    I may do some more research and if it seems do able, I may give it a go.
    Here’s the receipe if anyone is interested
    8oz distilled water, 1Tbsp of ACV and 1tbsp of pure lemon.

Quick update……

My mom is home with my sister. We did find out several years ago she was diagnosed with COPD, but according to her doctor refused all attempts to get it under control. So, the lack of oxygen is causing confusion the doctor says she’ll never recover from. As it stands now, services are being set up in her home until placement can be found. Unfortunately, she is in denial about the whole situation, and when I go home mid March, if the situation doesn’t improve and she hasn’t killed my sister. My signature will be the final one on the paperwork and the decision will be final.
    The thing that bothers me the most is having to override her feelings and thought on placement if is what is best for her. I know very well, this not what she will want but it maybe her only choice.

Now on to my wait and see portion off my life…… After several mishaps with the new girl at work and Wed. Being her two week deadline. I believe the owners have come to a decision. I was told Sat., that when I return to work Tues., I will be expected to air my thoughts on her performance down to every detail. What struck me as odd, was when he said ” down to every detail”. My first thought is oh my they know me all to well. I hate speaking ill of people and apparently me saying she drives me crazy is not enough detail for them.

Well, I’ve kept you all a little longer in this post then I expected, so I’m off!
    Oh before I forget, during Mass yesterday the father spoke of peace. So, I’m going to end all my post in March with Peace be with you!

Cherrio!
    Peace be with you!

And…exhale: Join me fasting tomorrow? We can hold hands and be stronger xx

Day 24– Canada – NFD
    Day 25 – NFD
    Day 26 – NFD

@ Ciren2 and @ And…….exhale: Can I join hands with you tomorrow? Seems we are having similar struggles…… But we’re still here.

Reid:
    Holding hands with you tomorrow.
    We ARE still here and that’s what makes us strong. Hugs xx

Hi all day 26 UK nfd

And….exhale when you started 5:2 did you do your fast days with 500 cals? Why not go back to basics. I know as time went on maybe you got stronger and reduced fast days to 1/4 tdee, then progressed to water or liquids only. Sometimes when we go off the road a bit we have to do what we did at the start until we find our way again. We need to ease up a little – that is what I am going to do for the last 2 days of February’s challenge, while they may be fast days I plan to have my full quota if I need them to be successful. I don’t want to set my self a more difficult few days than I have to.

It has been pleasure sharing February’s challenge with you all. Some fantastic support and I look forward to sharing another month with you all, God willing x

2nd post

The universe seems to be throwing temptation in my path today :(( The veg man arrived with not just veg but a van full of cakes, hot cross buns, biscuits etc as well as cartons of tasty looking soup. I had to be very firm with him as he started the oh go on wheedling thing. I took the soup and one tray of hot cross buns for mum and sister but refused the rest because I don’t want to be tempted and I don’t want my son eating piles of it either and m&s don’t need it. The animals got an entire box of raspberries that were just a little to far gone to risk humans eating – I really hope I didn’t just make them all sick. The guinea pigs got lots of peppers and melon too and there are a couple of boxes of pears and one of apples and some enormous pineapples to distribute once the raspberries have been eaten. All this food is making me so hungry as is the smell of the soup. So I am feeling very very grumpy. Everyone except me is eating yummy stuff. But I was very good. Unlike yesterday.

Day 26 – USA – NFD

Loss since I started posting on this thread: .6 lbs. Loss since starting IF on January 7 – 4.8 lbs. Learning new things, slow and steady; as long as my pants feel loose and numbers go down, I’m happy! Been reading about 16:8 and have a question: do you eat your TDEE every day of the week in the window of the 8 hours or do you only do that 5 days a week and then do the 500 calories 2 days a week, but within the 8 hour window?

Viewing 50 posts - 2,001 through 2,050 (of 2,266 total)

You must be logged in to reply.