2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

This topic contains 484 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 495 total)

• Day 17 UK FD

Yesterday was a solid CD. Evening hunger added a rare bowl of oats,apple and almond milk with a sprinkling of raisins. I think eating early doesn’t suit me so well.

Feeling better after 9.5 hrs sleep tho still weary. This morning I weighed in 1lb up on the month – progress compared to Monday but a way to go!!

After years of scribbling on scrap paper I’ve started writing my day’s food/calories in a notebook. The one I picked up has my weekly weighings and trackers from 2017-19 so I’m hoping that will motivate me. Goodness I did so well, going from 181-144 in just over a year and maintaining for another year. But this is where I’m working from now – and I know it works.

I’ve got my first zoom chair yoga class at lunchtime, meeting 2-4pm and Lent course this evening which feels busy enough to keep my brain from food. Planning for marmite tea, Quorn chicken and slaw and/or butternut squash, spinach and sweet potato Dal and berries. Total 500 calories,finish eating by 6pm.

Happy St Patrick’s Day @daffodil2010 @jaifaim and all who are celebrating. My mother’s family are Irish – she’s full of tales of relatives, visits to Ireland and her Irish grandmother. Between her and my Scottish father I’m definitely a Celt!

Second post

@ihatelettuce what wonderful news! I’m so glad for you and Mrs IHL. Thank you for sharing

Day 17 Lisbon, Portugal 16:8

Good Morning!

I’m following the plan quietly and so far I lost 3.3kg.
    I’m quite happy with the process and I’m feeling pretty good.

good day to all

Nuno

Day 17. USA/DC. TDEE today (hope I got those initials right)
    Still staying the course in maintenance – am only go up and down less than a pound a week. So I figure I am okay. Have not had a FD in awhile – think I may need to revisit that. FDs really have helped me pay attention, so may get back on 1 day/week.
    Happy St. Patrickโ€™s Day to all. Hard to believe it is already mid-March.
    Stay well

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD or FD800

Odd how, when I really commit to controlling my calories, as I’m doing, eating 800 calories can feel as if I’ve REALLY gone overboard! Last night’s supper was one left over roasted chicken thigh (no skin), Brussels sprouts with a little leftover bacon chopped and tossed in, and spinach sautรฉed in one tablespoon of butter between DH and me. I couldn’t even finish the Brussels sprouts, and felt horribly guilty for eating too much. Then I put it all into MFP and discovered that, even with the club crackers and ham I had for lunch, I was still right at 800!

Nonetheless, I’ve been using a great deal of will power over the last two days, and recognize this cycle: for the last 8 months, every time I lose some weight, I relax my vigilance, overeat, and gain back what I’ve lost. This time, I am determined to stay the course! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ’ช Tonight’s supper of corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and Aldi-brand beer bread spread with garlic confit will likely take me far over 800 calories, but I will NOT go over 1200. WILL not. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿคž

For all the corned beef discussions, here’s the most recent article–and probably most accurate article–I’ve read on both its history and how best to prepare it: https://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/print/how-to-make-corned-beef-st-patricks-day-simmering-brisket-meat-the-food-lab.html J. Kenjie Lopez-Alt, the author, has lots of humor in this particular article, Lucky Charms as a truly Irish food being the one that made me laugh out loud. Enjoy!

@michelinme Reading your comment about a broken night’s sleep made me mention to my husband that, every time in the past I’ve not slept well, I’ve assumed it was the alcohol that interfered, but since I haven’t had a single drop during Lent (well, I was late starting, but it’s still been weeks now), I’m realizing my poor sleep is often related to nothing more than my body and its…what? Sufficient relaxed state? Whatever, but you sure have company in the poor sleep department, for whatever comfort that gives. ๐Ÿ˜˜

@penz You’re not a bad host; you’re a busy woman, doing your best with many life obligations and no more hours than the rest of us! ๐Ÿ’–

@i-hate-lettuce I’m still smiling with joy at your terrific news!

Oh, @snowflake56, I had to google “ginger jars” but now am in serious awe; those must be absolutely gorgeous sitting out as you’ve described!

@toady Here, grab my hand and I’ll pull you on the wagon beside me. Good to have you back!

@northgeorgia I can thoroughly empathize with how frustrated you must be with your body. Hang in there; you’ll find the combination that puts you back onto a steady downward track!

@nuno 3.3kg is a terrific accomplishment, Congratulations!

@nellen Good to hear from you, and so pleased for you that you’re maintaining so well!

Busy day today, so am sure I’ll manage to hit 10K steps by tonight; yesterday was only 8K, but I still got to 1837 calories burned according to my Fitbit, so it’s clear to me that, if I want to burn lots of calories, I MUST get my steps up. Seems obvious when I type it out, LOL! Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 17 – Lake district UK – nfd

Good afternoon everyone

Well after the superb news yesterday we decided on a nice long early stroll, what a great way to celebrate such good news.

We ambled up through 4 Lane Ends, past Hazelslack Farm (who has a tremendous
    number of lambs out) along Dollywood Lane, lots of birdsong this morning. Through the woods and to the old county boundary of Westmorland and Lancashire at Leighton Beck Bridge.
    Up through the meadows with even younger lambs, along the top edge of Gatebarrow, watching squirrels and jays in the copses. From the top of the hill dropping down to Hawes Water where we stopped for a drink and a biscuit. Beautiful sunshine, along the bridleways to Silverdale moss, past the old limekiln and waterfall and then picked up the road back past Hazekslack farm again then home.

A fabulous wander, some 7 miles and gave us quiet time to celebrate and digest yesterdays news.

This afternoon, feet up in the sunshine with a book, simple pleasures appreciated even more than ever!

USA. Day 17. NFD

Since today is St. Patrick’s Day, there will be no fasting today! :)โ˜˜๏ธ
    Snowflake56, you are the only person I’ve known so far who eats boiled tongue. My father, who is from Ireland, ate boiled tongue. My mother wasn’t too fond of it but she made it for him but to the rest of us! LOL

While I am not on the pocket list for fasting, I am still not drinking.

Pocket List Day 17

@penz (OMAD)
    @toady (CFD)
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

DTF
    @ccco

I hope everyone who is planning to enjoy St. Pat’s Day, has great fun! Everyone else have a great day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 17, UK, No Dinner Day / CD

Well it is trickier than I thought trying to switch things around! (But I suppose I should be happy that I am achieving CDs which are healthy…)

Yesterday I had breakfast as planned, but then I wasn’t hungry at lunchtime. So it ended up being a day where I had breakfast and dinner, but skipped lunch. Which is fine, it was definitely a CD and it was a super healthy day, but it wasn’t what I had planned !!!

Today has also not quite worked out as I was not hungry at breakfast-time today and then I had to go out until lunchtime. So today I have done ZBC. Today I will be having lunch & dinner. So confusing!!!

I hope tomorrow that I have enough time to start getting my strategy underway!

Once the clocks change (UK is 28th March) I think it will be easier as we will be getting up earlier and I will be out in the great outdoors in the evening.

@songbirdme – ENJOY! I am very envious!

@michelinme – Very sensible. I tend to be fine if I post on this site from my laptop, the nightmare comes when I do it on my phone. So from now on, if I am using my phone, I will follow your lead!!

@stitchincarol – thank you! Hmm, I think I am good at theory, it is the putting it into practice that I struggle with, hahahaha!!

@i-hate-lettuce – CONGRATULATIONS! This is wonderful news, you must be so relieved. What a journey… I will raise a glass to you at the weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 17 NFD

Ahh what great news @i-hate-lettuce Iโ€™ll definitely raise a glass at the weekend

Love the discussion re โ€œcheapโ€ meats Love Tongue,black pudding and offal ( think some of you may have different names for it ) but liver, kidneys etc

I agree with the price hikes @penz ! Itโ€™s the same at the fishmongers Monkfish ,cod cheeks used to be so cheap but they too have been gentrified ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ต

Amazon have just delivered my new scales so of for a play Happy st Ps โ˜˜๏ธโ˜˜๏ธxx

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD โ˜˜๏ธ

Happy St Patrickโ€™s Day or just happy Wednesday all! Itโ€™s a beautiful day here and Iโ€™m just back in from a walk and about to pick up my corned beef dinner ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Go n-รฉirรญ an bรณthar libh โ˜˜๏ธ๐Ÿ’š

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 17 North Canon OH FD

Just a regular FD today for me, not a water fast. I was able to schedule a vaccine for DH for tomorrow afternoon, I feel like I won the lottery๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ .

I have never had corned beef and cabbage

@i hate lettuce what wonderful news!!! Oh my goodness, I want to cry, but I will definitely drink a toast to your good health when I have my glass of kombu-wine on Friday.

@snowflake56 fingers crossed that the results are negative

@northgeorgia and justice will be served!

@nuno your quiet results speak for themselves, congratulations

Happy St Patrickโ€™s day everyone, and may the road always rise to meet you my friends
    ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

Pocket List Day 17

@penz (OMAD)
    @toady (CFD)
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @basyjames

DTF
    @ccco
    @basyjames

Day 18, FD, Aus

I did it!! Yesterday was a OMAD below TDEE AND I resisted OHโ€™s offer of a tipple last night. I feel my mojo stirring. Todayโ€™s FD feels entirely doable.

Excellent progress, @nuno!

Interesting discussion re sleep. I was super tired last night, but still couldnโ€™t fall asleep until midnight. Woke up at 5am. Five hours sleep is not enough for me! Like you, @stitchincarol, I had assumed that if I consumed alcohol that translated into a bad nightโ€™s sleep, but the last few nightโ€™s Iโ€™ve not had a drop and slept badly too. Iโ€™m going to start a sleep diary to see if I can find a pattern. Iโ€™m loathe to see a doctor because I fear they will prescribe medication which is not what Iโ€™m interested in. I also suspect it might be due to the impending change, and thereโ€™s nothing I can do about that!! I feel for all you poor sleepers at the moment, especially @michelinme who still feels rotten even after 9.5 hours.

@fivetwofan โ€“ even if it didnโ€™t go exactly to plan, I think your having only two meals a day counts as success. Youโ€™re listening to your body and only eating when hungry, rather than when the clock tells you to eat. Good job!

Day 18 pocket list
    @penz

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – CD

First, super news @i-hate-lettuce, absolutely thrilled for you.

It was a lovely St Patrick’s Day yesterday, sun shining, warm, so I spent most of the day in the garden sorting out my dahlias, pricking out the tomatoes and chillis…thoroughly enjoying having my hands in the soil/ compost again.

However, I did not sleep too well. Fell asleep no bother but woke around 3am and awake since. I note a few of you are also having sleep issues too @penz, @stitchincarol, @michelinme

Now, as it wa St Patrick’s Day I did have wine with dinner, and alcohol does not provide a good nights sleep. But lately I am not sleeping too well even on the dry …..and I have a grounding sheet which doesn’t seem to be working anymore b

Does anyone who got the grounding/earthing sheet have problems sleeping now? It was amazing the sleep I was getting when I first bought it, but now, after a few months, and many washes with the recommended washing liquid, it’s like it’s not doing its job. Or perhaps it’s just that darn menopause again!

Anyway, have a great Thursday…..I will get through this and I WILL sleep well tonight.

Day 18, Emden Germany, NFD

I hardly drink any alcohol but when I drink it later in the evening, like I did yesterday, I wake up after a few hours and can’t sleep anymore.

@basyjames Yes, the result was negative. We already did the grocery shopping and booked an appointment in the charity shop to bring shoes and we hope to take back books.

@stitchincarol I took a look at ginger jars on google pictures. We don’t have anything like that, not our style, although we don’t really have a style. Ours are old Chinese Shiwan ginger jars (from Dutch charity shops, they only cost ~โ‚ฌ5 each), they once had ginger in them. They are used as flower vases or pencil holders. They look like this, if the link works (the language is Dutch):

https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/antiek-en-kunst/antiek-keramiek-en-aardewerk/m1669278552-5-chinese-shiwan-oude-groene-gemberpotten?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618&previousPage=lr

@brightonbelle I don’t like brain, lung or heart but I love sweetbread.

@ccco I have a lot of butcher’s in my family so I grew up with it. I still like the smell in a butchery.

@nellen Hi, nice to hear you’re doing so well!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Well it seems I’m making people smile or shed a tear with our excellent news on Tuesday, our walking day yesterday just flew by and it gave us chance to talk and let it sink in. It was warm and sunny, wildlife in abundance, hundreds of lambs in the intake fields, it seemed even nature wanted to celebrate!
    One of the things that has come out of the good news is how quickly it has circulated amongst friends, we only have a small family, but lots of friends. Word has gone round so fast, messages and ‘phone calls galore, it’s brilliant especially in these still grim times.

FD today, a shorter walk then garden jobs I think, prepare greenhouse, paint decking etc (funny I hate painting and ‘decorhateing’ ) but enjoy painting outside in the garden.

Take care all

Day 18 pocket list
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 18 OMAD London

@daffodil2010 – we are still using our grounding sheet, and I still think Iโ€™m sleeping better than I used to. I find that I sleep badly when the seasons change. I donโ€™t know why. Looking forward to being able to plant my feet directly on the ground…
    @IHL – very good news. You must be relieved.

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Great week considering the horrible Monday glop! Weigh-in today is back down: 225.2 lbs. My 224 lb. determination target is in sight! Hopefully, next week’s 4:3 will yield the result.

I normally do a ZBC, but I’m getting my first shot of vaccine at 9:30 this morning, and severe weather is pushing through, so I think a breakfast is in order to be kind to my body.

The minister begins to move us around like pieces on a chess board. “Now, you. Sorry, what was your name?” “Lola?” “Sorry, yes, Lola! You will start the ceremony off by walking down the aisle as the wedding ceremony starts. Next is Rita. You will enter the room from the lobby, with Megan doing a final check of your outfit or dress. Let Megan get in front of you and start down the aisle about 15 second beforehand.” Rita looks nervous again. “Don’t worry. I will nod in your direction when you should start walking. Now, John, you will already be standing at the altar at the start of the service, correct? Who is your best man?” John looks at Wes and me. “Oh my goodness,” Wes says, accidentally. “So, we’ll let both of these fellows stand with you at the front and you’ll have good symmetry at the altar. Wes, since you seem nervous, you can be the groomsman furthest from the groom.” John looks at me and says, “so, you’ll give me the rings as my best man.” “I’ll be honored,” I say.

“Great,” the minister says. “Then I’ll sort of run through the ceremony, if our singer doesn’t arrive, we’ll play the music over the system, then we’ll get to the vows. You’ll kiss and walk down the aisle together and upstairs to the reception hall. Any questions?” We shake our heads. “Good, now from the top…”

Good luck to all of you today!

Day 18 UK – No Dinner Day

Thanks @penz, yes I feel like I am turning around the oil tanker!

So yesterday was reasonably successful….. It seems like I had just got my body used to doing the ZBC and now I am asking it to get used to having breakfast again and instead skip dinner!

I think by next week I will be totally ‘in the zone’ for skipping dinner every day of the week and doing two days of OMAD-at-breakfast/brunch-time.

I do feel a lot better for getting back into my full-on healthy eating, so that is worth hanging on to!

Happy fasting to @I-H-L and to @emmataylor and anyone who is planning it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Yesterday’s calorie consumption was considerably higher than I’d vaguely intended, and it was all because of that Aldi beer bread. I am not happy that the calorie count went so high, but on the other hand, I did indeed reach 10K steps and just a bit over 2K calories burned, and I’ve honestly been looking forward to that beer bread since I bought a box last year, and went back for another couple boxes and was told I’d have to wait until this year. So I did wait, looking forward to it all year long, LOL! On top of that, first the scale said 148.0, which I doubted, so got on again. 147.0 So I got on again: 147.6 I got that same number two more times, so concluded I could probably trust that number. My scale doesn’t normally vacillate like that, so I’m guessing I’ll need new batteries soon. And today’s FD should take care of the extra calories from yesterday and get me back to 146-something.

@i-hate-lettuce I loved the detailed description of your walk; you can do that any time you want! ๐Ÿ˜

@fivetwofan5252 I can entirely empathize how tough it can be to change your eating habits in a major way, and especially when life gets in the way! But I agree with @penz that you’re doing a terrific job of starting the process, and I’ll bet you’re there quickly!

@jaifaim Thanks for that bit of Gaelic yesterday; it made me smile! Was your corned beef take-out meal everything you remembered and anticipated?

@penz Yay for the victories in life! Well done on staying below TDEE and declining the tipple; how did today’s FD go for you?

Wow, @daffodil2010, you too?? Last night was my fourth night in a row of sleeping horribly: tossing and turning and looking at the clock and dozing and looking at the clock again. AND the muscles in the back of my head hurt like the dickens. Is it the time change??? I was so tired last night I couldn’t even keep my eyes open, so I was expecting a terrific night’s sleep…perhaps tonight! (says the eternal optimist) BUT, serious sorrow for you that the grounding sheet doesn’t seem to be working anymore!

Ahh, @snowflake56, what you have is indeed considerably different, but still very pretty. What a fun collection to have amassed!

@i-hate-lettuce “Decorhateing,” indeed! Funny and clever!

Pocket List Day 18
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @stitchincarol

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol (dry until Easter)
    @northerndawn (dry until Easter)
    @at โ€“ bar the odd slip ๐Ÿ˜‰

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @stitchincarol โ€“ every day!
    @at โ€“ every day!

Exercise ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 30ร—5
    @at
    @stitchincarol

Hope I got the lists correct. Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 18 MN/USA FD

I have a lot of posts to catch up on! I’ve been busy trying to find a vaccine and doing prep for meeting with our tax accountant. Must get more organized next year! Staying same weight. Funny, now that I am in healthy BMI, our close and neighboring state (Wisconsin) has just opened vaccination up to anyone with a BMI 25 or above. A lot of people in MN are traveling to other counties or states to get their vaccines. Seems a mess of a rollout, actually.

Pocket List Day 18
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @northerndawn

@at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Good luck!

USA. Day 18. FD800

Pocket List Day 18

@i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @ccco. FD800

DTF ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚
    @ccco

ZBC ๐Ÿšซ
    @at โ€“ every day!
    @northerndawn
    @ccco

@at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @ccco

NorthernDawn, I sympathize with your efforts to find a vaccine!! It has been a nightmare everywhere! It should never have been so hard. I am now happy that all my siblings and I have been able to get the vaccine, at least the first dose, and some of us the second dose! There are five of us, all living in different states! Also, my daughter and her husband managed to get their first doses. My son and his wife have not yet!

Looks like tax filing will be interesting this year again, too! The IRS is announcing we won’t have to file for another month and my state made a change, as well. I got a stimulus check last week that I didn’t expect and made a mad dash to the bank to cash it lest the government change its mind! LOL. I usually don’t qualify for these things, so it was quite a shock!

Sleeping, sleeping, sleeping!! I have bags under my eyes for lack of sleep. I gave up drinking completely, so I am not sure what’s wrong with my sleep. Seems a number of us are having that problem! Maybe it is the time change. Hopefully, we will sleep again!

Now, I wish everyone a great day. Here it is raining, so no walks which I do find mood lifting, especially in these times.

Day 18 USA (Colorado) NFD

Checking in along our way to Salt Lake City, Ut and seeing our daughter, SIL, and 2 granddaughters. Trip has been one of the easiest we have ever taken, including some touristy sites. We did the Kearney, Nebraska over-80 Museum we had driven under many times but never stopped. I-80 into Wyoming had places closed, so we dipped into Colorado last night and will head back up to 80 near Cheyenne today.

@stitchincarol – sorry, but being a non-planned trip, we just couldnโ€™t decide when we would be near you!

Travel eating on St, Patrickโ€™s Day was nothing special – didnโ€™t see any places selling corned beef at all.

Onward and downward.

Second Post:

@i-hate-lettuce – I am so thrilled to hear that you are cancer free!!!! Just absolutely joyous for you and Mrs.IHL! Thank the Lord!

@ccco I appreciate your sympathy; it is such a frustrating struggle to find a vaccine! Then to keep hearing on the news that there is such concern for people who “won’t ” get vaccinated. At this point, I think they should focus on getting the vaccines out to the absolute millions that do want to get it! Wish me luck! As far as taxes, We have a meeting set up for the tax guy in a week, so we might as well get it done and over with then.

@songbirdme – Your wandering unplanned trip with your DH sounds so lovely. My DH and I use to do the same across the midwest, just stopping at Forts or museums or “Road Attractions” and taking our time. I hope you continue having a fun and memorable time together, and enjoy your time with family.

SLEEP! ………I have been dry since February 13th, and I can’t say it has improved my sleep as I had expected. Maybe it IS the change of seasons!?! If I wake to use the restroom at 2:30-3:30 it often takes me an hour or more to get back to sleep. Or I wake at 5 am and can’t sleep, and just get up and then I’m tired all day.

I will say the first two weeks of this month, when I was doing about 800 cals a day, exercising daily about 1 hour or more, that I was starting to feel abjectly exhausted, especially by the end of last week. Just totally wiped out! I had lost about 4 lbs. This last week I have increased calories since Saturday, and I am sleeping better. I stay under 1300, but that is my goal weight TDEE. And I should be able to do that without gaining.

I felt I needed to restore a bit this week. I will do a big push again next week to lose another pound. I decided there is no sense to losing weight at the price of losing comfort, so I will try this going forward: easing back when I feel the need for rest, buckling down when I feel the mojo and energy to do so. “Make hay when the sun shines” as the saying goes.

Day 18 UK FD – second day b2b

Yesterday’s FD went swimmingly – the first in a while! I had a two-course early supper for OMAD – slaw, vegan ‘chicken’, dal and fresh blueberries. I resisted all temptation after my evening meeting and went straight to bed instead.

A better night’s sleep last night – I think because I’d done an adapted yoga class at lunchtime which still left me chilled by mid evening. I still woke up four or five times but was a bit better able to get back to sleep. progress rather than arrival.

Today has been quite full, with a meeting this afternoon and another yoga class this evening. I’m about to prep some light supper while listening to DD who has a tricky time coming up. Hoping tomorrow’s weigh in will show results….

Whatever your day brings, go gently x

USA. Day 18. FD800

So far, day has gone well. My lunch, which is usually my main meal, came to 257 calories. You can eat quite a lot of food, if they are primarily vegetables, along with some protein. I am still quite full. I prepared my evening meal when I had my mid-day meal, which makes it easier for me. I am too tempted in he evening to be near food for long, so it is better when I can prepare it earlier. There is an actress her in the states who has been famous for being a soap opera series on tv for years. Now, she is 74 and looks fabulous. One of the things she said she eats is a sandwich where she replaces the bread with two slices of tomato, one on top and one on the bottom. In between she puts a slice of Swiss cheese and a slice of ham, along with a little lettuce. I add a small slice of avocado on top the ham. It has only 184 calories in it but is very filling. I thought I would try it and it is very good. Another version of that is a sandwich called the California sandwich, which replaces the bread with two leaves of lettuce. That is also very good, filling, and low calorie. Just thought I would share.

For all the Irish on board here, my family got a lovely St. Patrick’s letter from the Taoiseach of our Irish clan. What a lovely thought it was!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Second post

@songbirdme Well, perhaps on your way back we can meet up; if you have time, it would be lovely to do so! When you get to Grand Island, you can figure you’ll be to Seward in an hour and Lincoln in an hour and a half and you can choose one and let me know; I’ll jump the car and beat you there!

And, you should stop in Paxton, Nebraska, at Ole’s Big Game Steakhouse and Lounge. It’s the tiniest little town (well, not so tiny since it’s larger than my village, LOL) but this place is quite famous, is always busy, and is worth at least one visit in your life when you’re driving right past it anyway. It’s about ten minutes north of the interstate, and a delightful place. My favorite–NOT low calorie, LOL–is the blooming onion. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Day 19, NFD, Aus
    PFDS this morning. I really struggled yesterday but the thought that it was me who created the pocket list and that I would feel Iโ€™d let everyone down if I did not complete my FD was the resolved I needed. I usually donโ€™t eat at all on FDs but last night I allowed myself a big bowl of lettuce leaves, 3 button mushrooms and a dash of red wine vinegar in attempt to stave off hunger. Feel very pleased this morning that I stuck to it.

I also slept in which is most unlike me and meant the dog didnโ€™t get his morning walk. No doubt I will go home to a scene of doggy destruction as he takes his revenge. I feel for you @daffodil2010, @stitchincarol, @ccco and others โ€“ one night of bad sleep is bad enough but the cumulative effect I think is worse than the sum of the total.

I couldnโ€™t get the link to work on my work computer @snowflake56 but google provided a range of images. They are very attractive jars! I can see them being a lovely feature in a home.

I shouldnโ€™t laugh, @northerndawn but your post about juggling trying to find a vaccine and getting ready for the tax accountant was a reminder about what crazy times these are: partly quite normal (tax) partly surreal).

Happy Friday everyone. I am looking forward to our usual Friday night of home made pizza and red wine and I will be definitely lifting a glass in honour of @IHL and Mrs IHL. Itโ€™s lovely to bask in someoneโ€™s good news, so thank you for sharing, @IHL (I know โ€“ well at least initially โ€“ it was difficult for you to open up on an online forum).

Have a great weekend.

Day 19 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Happy Friday. Much better nights sleep, woke up a bunch of times but back to sleep almost immediately. If it was a full moon I would blame that but it’s not. Anyhoo, onwards we go.

Going to work early as its due to be busy. Meeting my Friday bubble friend tonight for dinner, she us cooking a seafood past dish and there will be red wine. With all that’s going on I am glad that the weight is staying the same….though I sure need to start losing.

@ccco that’s so cool that the Taoiseach sent a letter to your clan for St Patrick’s Day ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช If I remember correctly your family is from Cork?
    Have a great Friday.

Day 19 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Another glorious spring morning, gardens going to get some more attention today, really am on top of the jobs already, I just love this time of year.

Finished painting the decking area and went out for a looksee this morning, it’s dried superbly. First time it’s been done since it was built, it was ‘thirsty’ full 5 litre tin used up but well worth the effort. We spend hours out there with the sun sail up, lazing around with a book and a drink or entertaining and nattering with friends. It’s slightly elevated which makes the view over the garden so much better.

Weigh in day today and down 1 lb, pretty much where I want to be now I think. Mrs IHL likes the shape I’m in now and doesn’t want me skinny, think the last time I was skinny I was about 8 y/o ; )

Take care all

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Arm sore after the first shot of vaccine yesterday. Didn’t get but a few hours of sleep last night (vaccine-related? not sure), and ate well last night. Up 2.5 lbs to 227 this morning. I think most of it is temporary. Next FD is Sunday, so I’m not worried. Ate a boiled egg and a piece of cheese this morning for a protein boost this morning to face the half-day of work.

Come on, 224. I’ll see you next week.

Day 19 UK NFD

Weekly weigh in and i’m back down to where I started the month – the same as the first week of January or 6lbs down on the start of the year. But i’ve lost a teeny bit of my fat suit and I’m feeling good.

On non-scale victories: this week i’ve focussed on sleep and eating earlier, developed a helpful peppermint tea habit and done TWO online adapted yoga classes. I’ve had 3xFDs and lost the weight I’d put on a couple of weekends ago. I’ve started writing down everything I eat into a notebook (instead of scraps of paper) – which had at the back all my numbers from when I first started this WOL. Now I’m where i was 31.1.18. Hoping that I can now compete with myself as another mojo-generator ๐Ÿ™‚

Goals for this weekend are to stay away from sugar, not overdo the popcorn and write down everything i eat. Also 2 x yoga stretches & restart meditation – the two things which ground me and from which all good things grow – them & sleep. Planning to plant seeds and have a gentle potter outside if energy/weather permit,enjoy some more cooking, catch up on some reading and enjoy rugby! It’s the equinox this weekend which is usually a hopeful time too.

Whatever the day brings, go gently.

Day 19 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Once again I will try to complete a FD. Iโ€™ve not been at all successful this week, too much comfort eating and not enough comfort walking. My FD always starts out well but sometimes doesnโ€™t end well. Iโ€™ll try again today and think of your fab FD @penz.

Have a great weekend all.

Pocket list Day 18
    @dvw

Day 19 UK NFD

Strange how so many of us are having disturbed nights ,maybe when the clocks go forward itโ€™ll have some impact ?

Teeniest tiniest reduction in weight this week , but still 1/3 of the month left Going to try very hard to be very conscious of input this weekend then hopefully fantastic week and a end of month result

Be kind to yourself

USA. Day 19. FD800

Yes, Daffodil2010, we were so happy to have that letter. I am trying very hard to keep my children understanding their past. My son seems to be particularly interested and my daughter has visited. You remember correctly. My family is from Cork!

I am so disappointed! This is my weighing day and I gained!!! OMG! I have not had any alcohol in so long that I can not even remember when that was! I have measured and weighed everything I put in my mouth and wrote everything down in my journal! I must admit that I did have some food at night, if I found myself too hungry after fasting all day. Obviously, that has to stop! I didn’t measure or write down that food. Very bad move. Well, I know what I did wrong and that will end now. New day, new plan!

Pocket List Day 19

@dvw
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco

Exercise
    @ccco

I guess the list is short today. After all, it is Friday, but I have to pay the price for my mistakes. No day off for me today! LOL

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD or less

I was pretty much much awake from two to six, so now I’ve way overslept and my crammed-full day means I only have time to check in with the celebration that I weighed 145.4 this morning. Can’t remember the last time I was 145-something, because it’s been several years. I’m now certain that the hypnosis is doing the trick to make me “behave” and I’m so delighted!

I’ll be able to chatter later, hopefully, and tomorrow for certain.

Day 19 – UK – NFD

I can’t believe I haven’t posted since Day 11……..no fasting and having a glass of wine most evenings too!!!

On a positive note I have been doing all my zoom classes (8 during this period) and have also done 4 hikes of around 10km each – we have been blessed with good weather so trying to make the most of the sunshine days!

My yoga classes this week have mainly been about the feet and standing. We started with some settling grounding practices, before finding some inner heat and stability in the legs. After 55 minutes of foot work we took 5mins to put our feet up! Called Viparita Karani or Legs Up the Wall Pose, this yoga posture is considered as one of the most calming and nourishing poses for the mind and the body. ๐Ÿ™

The daffodils in Dora’s Field at Rydal Mount are just coming into they best flowering stage (Named for Dora, the daughter of the poet William Wordsworth. Wordsworth planned to build a house on the land but, after her early death, he planted the area with daffodils in her memory. Now known as Doraโ€™s field the area is renowned for its spring display of daffodils and bluebells) So as part of todays 10km I went to Dora’s field to check on the daffodils – looking brilliant in the sunshine so I sat there for a bit to enjoy the peaceful setting and felt very grateful for my health and well being โ˜บ๏ธ

Hopefully all our Irish friends had a lovely St Patrickโ€™s Day on Wednesday ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

@michelinme @northerndawn @basyjames – sadly did not manage that FD on Day 11 either ๐Ÿคญ and not had one since…..
    @northerndawn โ€“ congratulations ๐Ÿ‘ on reaching a healthy BMI
    @basyjames – 2lbs loss is great!
    @snowflake56 – Good news about your DHโ€™s negative test
    @stitchincarol – fascinating on following your experience with the hypnosis – please continue to share x
    @songbirdme – loved the post you shared on Day 13 – that list of ways to fast is wonderful ๐Ÿค—
    @ccco and @daffodil2010 – I have ordered that new scale you recommended – be interesting to see how it weighs me compared to our current 10y.o. digital bathroom scales….should arrive in time to weigh for the end of the challenge
    @litprof – Welcome back and it sounds like you are in good place
    @i-hate-lettuce – EXCELLENT news ๐Ÿค— So pleased to read about your results and I have a big smile on my face and am also sharing in yours and Mrs IHL relief and happiness. Also good news for your DD regarding her job offer of a permanent contract bit more cash!!

Some rugby to look forward to tomorrow afternoon – Wales are bidding for a second Grand Slam in three seasons when they travel to Paris to face France on Saturday!!!! and also the final T20 cricket match between England and India – should provide great entertainment!

I am aiming to press my RESET button on Sunday with a Zoom Spring Yoga Workshop – The workshop will be a good opportunity to set new intentions and plant seeds for positive changes. The practice will include breathing techniques to cleanse the lungs, twisting poses for detoxification, and work in the inner and outer legs where earth and water elements may have accumulated over the winter. There will be dynamic and restorative poses to find the perfect balance between yin and yang. We will also meditate and explore peacefulness though a deeply relaxing guided Yoga Nidra – something to look forward to and help set intentions to finish this Motivational March on a more positive note!

โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 20, NFD, Aus

Grey windy day here with rain predicted all weekend. After years of drought, I am not complaining about the rain!

Apparently the change of day light saving time (winding the clock back or forwards) has been scientifically examined and it does affect sleep patterns. But I am looking forward to a bit more light in the mornings soon.

How did your FDs go yesterday @dvw and @ccco?

Congrats @stitchincarol! Whether it was the hypnosis or something else, you deserve a big pat on the back because YOU did it (no one else did)!

Welcome back @at. Doraโ€™s Field sounds lovely. Good luck with that reset button.

Wishing everyone a great nightโ€™s sleep this weekend.

Day 19 MN/USA NFD

Just a quick (and late) check in for today; about 9:40 pm and kitchen is closed. I had an okay FD yesterday at 800, and today stayed under goal TDEE. Planning some family time tomorrow afternoon with DD and her family to enjoy temps in the 50’s F. I hope to stay controlled and mindful this weekend.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

I’m taking a few days off from fasting, my weight went down well and then back up to where I started. I don’t eat any sweets anymore but replaced them with nuts, too many calories, I guess. I feel better without sugar, I have much more energy, my mind seems to be clearer and my skin looks good.

@stitchincarol Well done, the hypnosis seems to work!

@penz We don’t have the porcelain jars, ours are Shiwan ginger jars. They are small, hexagonal and made of clay. The beauty lies in the different colours of the glazing, you never find the same colour, they go from a pale blue to a dark green.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Day 20 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Full day of rugby today all three matches one after the other, not my favourite way of viewing to be honest, overload! The Scotland vs Italy game might be on in the ‘background’ Ireland vs England should be a tight game and France vs Wales the star game today. Hopefully next years games will be played in front of full stadiums (stadia?).

BBQ was out yesterday as I was bimbling in the garden putting up some trellis, can’t beat thin crust crispy pizza done on the pizza stone of the BBQ, sat outside in the sunshine washed down with a beer, signs of things to come.

@at – wondered if you’ve been making the most of these early spring days, been just fabulous!

Take care all

Day 20 – Canada – NFD

Good morning and happy Spring.

@penz – had a pretty good FD yesterday, thanks for asking. I may have gone overboard on the nuts but better than chocolate I reckon, right @snowflake56? I donโ€™t wake up with a sugar hangover so thatโ€™s good. Iโ€™m going to take the weekend as NFDs and then back to it with renewed vigour on Monday.

@ccco – yes, new day, new plan. Iโ€™ll be doing 3 FDs next week to try to get the scales moving.

@stitchincarol – how wonderful to reach this milestone, good for you!

@at – the daffodils sound beautiful, I did a quick search online and itโ€™s spectacular. Lucky you.

Have a great weekend all.

USA. Day 20. FD800

Came in yesterday at 630 calories and, amazingly, down almost 4 lbs.!!! I guess that weight gain was a whole lot of water weight, although I don’t know why!! In anyway, I am happy with that. I am also so glad I gave up wine and now I am not drinking it at all. That has made a big difference for me. Start ing a pocket list in case anyone wants to join, even though I know it is the weekend.

Pocket List Day 20
    @ccco. FD800

DTF
    @ccco (although every day now!)

ZBC
    @ccco

I envy all you who are gardening and experiencing lovely Spring weather already. We had a few warm days recently but, even though today is the official first day of Spring (yay), we are still experiencing Winterlike weather. I already bought myself a new bathing, so bring on the warm weather!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

My husband outdid himself last night. I had a busy day, gone from the house all afternoon, cooked supper, knew I had to get to the gym so I could walk on the treadmill and reach my 10K steps (which I’ve done every day this week, except for one that only got to 8K)…but even once I’d changed to gym clothes and my sneakers, I couldn’t make myself walk out the door to get there. Finally my husband turned off the movie that was distracting me (“Back to the Future”) and said, “Let’s go.” He walked there with me, sat and read while I walked on the treadmill (he’d worked out that morning) and then we walked home together.

I was so strong on Thursday and walked to the gym all by myself ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿคฃ but seemed to be too tired to do anything last evening. So I’m very grateful for a good DH! And although I felt I really ate too much yesterday–and probably did exceed 1200 calories–the scale is still only 146.0. During these last two weeks before Easter, I’m determined to eat little enough and walk far enough each day that I manage to lose two pounds each week, which is something I’ve NEVER been able to do. But I’ve done it two weeks in a row now, so let’s see if I’m 143-something next Friday!

@at I’ve been missing you; loved the story about Dora’s Field.

@ccco, I’m joining you!

Pocket List Day 20
    @ccco. FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500

DTF
    @stitchincarol (Until Easter!)
    @northerndawn (Until Easter!)

ZBC
    @ccco
    @stitchcarol (always, for decades)

Exercise 30×5
    @stitchincarol

Day 20 USA/DC FD
    Hello all, sorry I have been absent. So here’s my story – last night I broke my no alcohol and went to a friends for dinner – we all have been vaccinated. that was such a treat, BUT I had two glasses of wine and a small piece of key lime pie at dinner and returned home with a raging headache, which has not entirely subsided.

I am thinking that my body is giving me a lesson on sugar – as in, stay away. After 3 months of careful eating and little if any processed sugar and no alcohol, wow did this hit me.

So, I am back in the saddle. Being careful today and clearly – after 3 months of no alcohol I clearly cannot have more than one glass of wine without paying the price.

Happy spring to all. The daffodils are up here. Am headed for a walk to the National Mall – too early for cherry blossoms, but hoping for some spring blooms along the way.

Second post

@nellen So sorry about your headache! I’ve been mentally allowing myself two glasses of wine on Easter Sunday, but now I’m wondering if that’s a really bad idea, LOL!

Here’s the list with you included!

Pocket List Day 20
    @ccco. FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500
    @nellen

DTF
    @stitchincarol (Until Easter!)
    @northerndawn (Until Easter!)

ZBC
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol (always, for decades)

Exercise 30ร—5
    @stitchincarol

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Well, did a ZBC this morning to see if I could work miracles, but I’m still happy with my 226 lb weigh-in today. Tomorrow is the first FD in my 4:3, so I’m hoping for 224 next week! LOL

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Day 20 USA (Utah) NFD

Had a delicious (but far too expensive!) dinner last night. We just never see lobster tails on the menu in our area of Illinois (Chicago would, but thatโ€™s 3 hours away) so I jumped in and had it. Delightful restaurant, seafood, oyster bar (but I am allergic) and friendly people. I need to add the dinner to MFP and find out just how over my TDEE I went yesterday.

Rain here today, so mostly taking it easy inside watching NCAA basketball. Our ILLINI are a #1 seed and oh so entertaining to watch. Elder granddaughter plays lacrosse, and her team did well yesterday.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 UK CD

I ate too much popcorn yesteray and overshot my goal weight TDEE by a fair way. WOke up feeling puffy all over again. But still plenty down on the week – and no sugar this time!

Today has turned into an unplanned OMAD after a lazy morning and getting bogged down in some writing/recording. I stumbled across more new recipes and am having fun cooking & eating the results. Supper was red lentil pasta with a vegan *cheese* sauce (nutritional yeast, flour, garlic, onion, turmeric, paprika, lemon juice, oil and pasta water) wilted spinach and avocado, followed by hot fruit salad (apple, black cherries and blackberries warmed with clementine, cinnamon & cardamon). All very warm & comforting – and amazingly well under 800 cal. This would seem to make my week an unexpected 3:4 ๐Ÿ™‚

Now there’s a whole beetroot roasting in the oven with some aubergines ready for tomorrow’s baba ganoush, and batch cooking beetroot/spinach dal and soya masala. I’d forgotten how much I like cooking new things until I came back to vegan food & 5:2! Definitely feeling back on the waggon and mojo is wide awake. I may even lose some weight this month!

Loved all the rugby today but Wales/France match is so tense I came here to post! Whatever you are doing this weekend hope it is giving you peace, rest and joy x

Day 21, NFD, Aus

Another grey rainy day here. Too little sun really affects my mood and I just want to hunker down with comfort food today.

@michelinme, your mojo is inspiring!

Day 21 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

The rugby yesterday – what a tournament, the France vs Wales game was incredible, for once I didn’t miss hearing the crowd in the background! So many talking points about the game. Very much edge of the seat stuff!

Which makes next weeks game postponed earlier on in the tournament a very interesting prospect. Friday evening 8pm KO – France vs Scotland, no need to guess where I’ll be.
    At the moment Wales lead the table and depends what happens on Friday.

France need to beat Scotland and score 4 tries, need to win by a 21 point margin, in that case France would win the tournament. Anything less and Wales will take the title.

Take case all.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 495 total)

You must be logged in to reply.