2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

This topic contains 484 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 45 posts - 451 through 495 (of 495 total)

• Day 29 – Canada – FD

I hadn’t planned a FD for today but I’m jumping on the wagon. I’ll try FD800 for the next 3 days – thanks for the motivation @at!

@stitchincarol – I’ve not noticed any particular increase in energy because of the oranges but every time I look at it I smile so that has to be good 😌

@snowflake56 – gosh, so sorry about the covid situation. Take care.

Pocket list day 29 – Together we are stronger!
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)
    @dvw

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 45mins Broga and 60mins Pilates)

Day 29 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Hello everyone

Sorry I haven’t been posting this month, I have still been doing FD800 on Mondays and Thursdays and concentrating on making healthy food choices every day. After a few difficult months I feel I have now taken better control of NFDs. Motivated by getting my first dose of Covid vaccine mid month I have worked at boosting my immune system so lots of fresh fruit and veg and I have not drunk alcohol since 7 March. You can probably guess that I am counting the days to Easter when I will enjoy some 🍷! The scales are very slowly moving in the right direction and I think I may just reach goal again within 2 or 3 months. I do find maintenance a never ending journey…..but worth it.

@i-hate-lettuce delighted to read your news, I will definitely raise a glass to your good health at the weekend 🥂

@daffodil2010 glad you’re responding well to the bp meds. I understand how you feel about the non moving scales but better maintaining than going upwards 🤗

@brightonbelle hi, 👋 back at you.

@at no regrets, I just keep on keeping on 😉

Stay well all.

Day 29 – USA/GA – FD

Running a little behind this morning. Quick post: 227 lb. post NFD weekend is not bad! Looking forward to April’s challenge!

Day 29 UK FD

Yesterday came in right on TDEE giving me a better balanced weekend. Forgot to weigh myself again first thing but not expecting to lose this month. Getting the building blocks in place and keeping going is also progress.

We have glorious sunshine today and the wind is beginning to drop. The temperature is forecast to be a balmy 17C – and the next couple of days a high of 21C! Then back down to *normal* Spring weather around 14C for the weekend.

Yesterday’s sneezes became an overnight snuffle and today a headache, dizziness and burning joint pain. Not sure if it’s a flare, a virus, or something else. Hoping that a FD will boost my immune system but going v gently and getting to bed v early and hoping to spring back tomorrow.

Here’s the April challenge again – with thanks to @at for setting up the spreadsheet 🙂

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/springing-up-april-2021-challenge/#post-327308

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Yesterday was such a lovely day, both in terms of company and weather. DS24 and Great-nephew20 were with us and we all four went for a long walk in the afternoon around the streets of our village; so lovely to stretch the legs on a lazy Sunday afternoon! I’d made chicken burritos several weeks ago, and froze the four that were extra, so pulled those out for supper, and made a vanilla pudding and poured it into dishes on top of sliced bananas. That’s a dessert my mom used to make regularly, and not only do I think it tastes yummy, but it also is serious comfort food for me. Today is back to serious restraint, powered by the lovely memories of yesterday’s indulgences. 😍😜😂

@northerndawn Yay for getting your taxes done! I think you should go ahead and deduct those two contributions; you’ll eventually find those receipts! Now, fingers crossed that you only hear good news about whether you owe or will get a refund. 👍 And, yeah, figuring out the right weight is undoubtedly a decision made when you actually arrive at the weight. We’ll find out eventually, I’m certain!

Awww, @snowflake56, to be in strict lock-down again has to be incredibly disheartening and flat-out irritating. Here’s hoping you don’t have a huge upsurge in infections, and that the vaccines finally become readily available for you–and, especially, that you and your DH stay safe until then!

@lilymartin So lovely that you have your won’t power back–and such a great phrase! Nice milestone to be at 12/19 weight; the rest will come off and then you’ll be able to adopt @at‘s motto as your own!

@daffodil2010 You’ve been talking about some excellent eating patterns over these months, so not to lose weight has to be beyond frustrating. What’s been the biggest stumbling block for you? Days of EFS that undermine the days of excellent eating? Too big a portions every day? Reasonable eating, but too few calories burned to accomplish anything? (That one was my problem.)

@i-hate-lettuce I’ve heard “well begun is half done” before, but it truly resonated this time, so thanks for sharing!

@at Oh. My. Wow, wow, wow. That menu has me swooning; I hope it was as glorious as it sounds! And, you know, your supposition that your current higher weight may be due to additional muscles?? I’ll just bet you’re right. Do your clothes still fit fine?

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @stitchincarol (until Easter)
    @northerndawn (until Easter)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @stitchincarol

@at Loved this quote, so am also posting it! Remember that “If you keep going you won’t regret it. If you give up you will.”

second post

Oops! I didn’t notice the “p.10” option, so missed three posts.

@dvw I’ll fix the lists so you’re back on; I copied from @at because I thought she was the last post!

@missybear Glad to have you back and I’m very impressed you managed to maintain 5:2 on your own; here’s hoping being back active on the list leads to ever greater discipline so that you get back to maintenance very quickly!

@michelinme Prayers for you that you simply have a 24-hour virus and are completely over the headache, joint aches and sniffles by tomorrow!!

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)
    @dvw
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @michelinme
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @missybear (until Easter)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @stitchincarol

USA. Day 29. FD800

Day 20. Pocket List

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)
    @ccco. FD800

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco. (Indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5

USA. Day 29. FD800

Pocket List Day 29

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)
    @ccco. FD800

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco. (Indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5

Don’t know what happened to my first post, so I am trying again!

Second post

Just picking up the pocket list again…. Need all the help I can get today 🙂

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)
    @dvw
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @michelinme
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco FD800

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco (indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @stitchincarol

Day 29 – Ireland – FD

Beautiful day here today and tomorrow is to be even nicer so I’ve taken the day off 🥳. Just back from a short walk on the beach where I just sat and breathed deep… 🧘‍♀️

Different to your weather @northgeorgia although it is very windy but that’s dying down tomorrow so I’m going to go for a long cycle in my restricted zone .. 👍

I read back on posts a wee bit over the weekend…
    It was a mix of very active mornings and chilled afternoons for me but I’m tired generally at the moment and missing dad at the minute. He loved this time of year and good weather generally ♥️

I got to a nice low on Friday but back up a little this morning…. we’ll get there 💪

Wow @basyjames well done to you!!! It sounds like your hard work has got you to a great lean place 👏 and where you want to be – that is fantastic!
    @northerndawn like you I’ve been vaccine chasing too! I’m in the vulnerable group but honestly I’m not “super vulnerable” but was looking for some idea of when I might get the vaccine as our roll out is a bit of a shambles here! Looks like it will be May after speaking with my GP.. but really who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I too have have high BP and have been on meds for a good few years… I must actually check it to see how it’s doing as I’ve fallen off the wagon on checking that too… I’m at the same stage as many and officially now in the menopause so need to think about HRT or no… there is so much to learn on this new phase of life which doesn’t pass apparently… we go into menopause but don’t come out of it… it just is… correct me if I’m wrong here btw! It is all new to me and my head is fried with info which I’m rubbish at retaining… blame the autoimmune condition here 😂😂 oh and menopause too it seems 😂😂

@dvw that interesting about the feng shui! does it have to be 9 oranges 🍊? I buy delicious oranges in a store near ku mums each time I’m home but maybe next time I’ll buy 9 👍👍

Which Irish poet led your retreat @michelinme? That sounds lovely!!
    Thanks for setting up April 👏👏👏 I will be there with you!

Great to see everybody and looking forward to the new month coming as I have not been great at posting and commenting but I’m here with you all in spirit.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 29 Minnesota, US FD800

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @at FD800 (1st of B2B2B)
    @dvw
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @michelinme
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco FD800
    @northerndawn FD800

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco (indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!
    @northerndawn

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Day 30, NFD, Aus

Thanks for adding me to the pocket list yesterday @snowflake. I was SO hungry that I ate some dinner – probably under 500 calories so happy to call yesterday a success.

I can hear your mojo roaring @lilymartin!

@daffodil2010 – at least you’ve not had a gain since November. And with everything else going on with you health wise lately, you’ve done really well to maintain.  Mum’s are always right!

Glad you had a day off, @IHL!

Woohoo @brightonbelle – good start to the week.

Oh yum!!! @at I am so glad I did not read your menu yesterday on my FD otherwise I would have been tempted to try smoking my own yolks! And I love lamb. Mmmmm, sounds absolutely delish!! Did you have to do much work in terms of finishing off the cooking?

Those unplanned FDs are often the best, @dvw. Somehow, motivation and lack of hunger nicely align.

Good to hear from you @missybear.

Take care, @michelinme. Hope the FD does the trick re your immune system.

Good for you @jaifaim, taking the day off to enjoy the weather.

USA. Day 29. FD800

I think my FD went well. When my grandson is here, it is always a challenge for me to eat. I have no time! LOL

I tried to post twice earlier but nothing showed up. There must have been a delay as now I see both my posts showed up eventually! LOL

Glad to see the successes and wish the best to all. Now I need to sleep. I guess I am a little bit old for running around all day with an almost 2 yo but he is so cute!

Good night!

Day 30 CD country west Australia
    It is certainly motivational to see many enjoying a weight loss 👏- including myself!
    Back in the day , 2016, when I first joined this forum I found 5:2 to be as much about my general health as weight loss as for me the two go hand in hand.
    Having lost a few kilos I find I am simply moving around easier, getting out of cars easier, sleeping better and just generally feeling less ‘ bloinky’. 🤗
    5:2 as a WOL is pretty much a no brainer when I think about it . 🤪
    Eat less move more.
    Be careful not to overeat on NFDs ( that’s a biggie for me!) 😳
    I did idly wonder back in November 2016 how many people would lose and be able to maintain. Well, plenty of people did – but I was NOT one of them.😞
    Fell into the trap of being complacent. Putting on a bit of weight and thinking I could lose it just as easily as I had previously.
    Except of course I didn’t and just kept piling on the kilos.😳😲😳
    I did know that I was overweight 😟 but got the shock of my life in December 2020 when I saw a picture of myself with family at a function and could not believe who the fat ( yes , sadly FAT) woman was – and it was me!!!! 😱
    Its interesting how we can view ourselves and not really SEE what is in front of us !
    Anyway that was partly the catalyst to haul my not inconsiderable Frame back onto the wagon and I plan to be here for a long time. ( Did I say that before in 2016…. and 2017…. and 18…..???)

We are currently sweltering in 37ºC after a hot 39ºC yesterday. I should be sweating off the weight it is so like a sauna. 🥵🥵
    @michelinme, thank you SO much for hosting April. I really do need this supportive group of people.
    The poetry retreat sounds Fab.
    And @penz you have done a good job for March, herding cats!
    @basyjames, brilliant results, well done.💐
    @daffodil2010 do NOT give up. The dreaded plateau experience is so frustrating. Been there – broke the plateau and rolled all the way to the bottom. Slowly climbing out of the pit…..
    @northerndawn, what is they say about death and taxes !!!
    @IHL, doesn’t the food from Farmers’ Markets taste SO much better than store bought fruit and veg etc.
    I can’t get into the Rugby. I’m an Aussie Rules fan myself.
    @at, what good results. But that Simon Rogan meal!!! I think I put on 4kgs just reading it. It sounded absolutely delicious. 😘 I do like your quotes. Helps keep me on track.🤞
    @stitchincarol, taxes – ugh. But what a wonderful milestone you’ve reached with 5:2.
    @snowflake56 so sorry to hear about the Covid results for Germany and a lot of Europe and the world. We in WA have been extremely fortunate – one of the benefits of being so far away from the rest of the world.
    Having lamented the ‘tyranny of distance’ for so long this has managed to keep us safe as we have been able to have such hard borders and strict quarantine. Sadly It has kept many families from other states apart but this is so the world over.
    Currently we will be able to have most of our family and friends here for Easter which will be lovely.
    Whew! What a missive!
    Have a good day all. 😎🥵

Day 29 USA(Utah) NFD

Feel like I need to check in – hopefully can read an post better tomorrow. Despite eating out lots of meals, I am trying to eat carefully.

Onward and downward.

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

@penz You’re welcome, it’s always better to have company.

@lilymartin I love to read how motivated you are.

@michelinme I hope you feel better today. Thanks for taking the lead next month.

@missybear Welcome back!

@dvw After reading about 9 oranges, I put them in the living room instead of the kitchen, perhaps it will work.

@daffodil2010 I’m glad your BP is back to normal again. It’s annoying to be on a plateau for so long but your weight will go down eventually. Just don’t give up.

@dvw, @stitchincarol and @lilymartin We had low numbers for so long, one of the lowest in the country, because of that, we didn’t get much vaccins up here. We do take care, I’m at home and my DH only goes to work, he gets tested twice weekly and will have his 2nd vaccination at the end of the month.

I’m joining @dvw, @at for another two days on fasting. I have to get my weight down.

Pocket list day 30
    @dvw FD800 (2nd of B2B2B)
    @at FD800 (2nd of B2B2B)
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd of B2B2B

Good FD yesterday but suffering badly from stomach cramps since Sunday night, no idea why or what, but will keep on with the FD, eat little but well, and hopefully 1st April will see me at a different number than the one I have been seeing since November 👍

@stitchincarol, I do eat more at weekends (and open the wine) but I don’t really do the EFS, and I certainly exercise more this past year than before…so yup, it’s frustrating to be same weight, but as @penz noted, at least I haven’t gained and @lilymartin I WONT give up ☺️

In fact, the stirring of the mojo and the month end challenge is there, and hasn’t been for a while, so here’s to the return of the loss.

Dad getting his second jab today, so happy for him, but he is 85, and we see so many other countries around the world who are vaccinating much younger cohorts now. Yes, @jaifaim, it is a shambles, I really hope you get sorted soon. I reckon it will be mid summer for me 🙄

Have a lovely Tuesday, sun is shining, it’s warm.

Pocket list Day 30 – Together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010

Day 30 – UK – FD800

A chilled and relaxing yoga class to start this Tuesday 🙏

Baked a batch of fruit scones for OH (he loves a couple when he get back from a long run!!)

Need to get ready soon to leave home for lunch time volunteer service at our Parish Centre – this is the last week that the service is being provided to the community as we hopefully slowly head back to normality!

Thank you for adding me to the pocket list @snowflake56

@at FD800 (2nd of B2B2B)
    @snowflake56 (2nd of B2B2B)
    @daffodil2010

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco (indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (today 60mins Yin Yoga and 60mins Aerobics)

“Believe you can and you’re halfway there”

Day 30 – Canada – FD800

Busy day, just checking in to stay accountable. Lost some roof shingles yesterday in the high winds so I must address that. Urgggg.

Thanks @snowflake for adding me to the list :).

@at FD800 (2nd of B2B2B)
    @daffodil2010

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco (indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Oooh, so close to 224 again, but weigh-in result: 225.0 lbs today. As today is a NFD, I’m guessing I’m done for March. Goal was 221 lbs, but got to 224, which is still something to celebrate as it is a new low. Also had some wild fluctuations upwards. Just a bizarre month, and a very stubborn winter in general. I think my body is finally trying to catch up to the idea that I’m more than 50 lbs lighter than last year and is fearful of dropping more weight. At the beginning of March, the weight loss was normal, dropping a couple of lbs through mid-month, then suddenly jumped violently back up to the 230 level. It took the rest of the month to calm it back down to the mid 220s. Since the plateaus and super slow losses have affected my targets by a month or two, it’s time to readjust. I’m going to keep the same target of 221 for April and hope the readjustment period is nearing its end and the scales start going downward significantly this Spring.

Day 30 – Lisbon, Portugal NFD

Hello everyone!

This month was fantastic!!! I decided to strongly change my diet and incorporate fasting periods into my week.

This month I lost 7kg and I feel really good and awake.

I will continue on this path of weight loss and a healthier diet without worrying about how many calories I eat.

I hope that this confinement will soon end due to the pandemic that there is no more patience…

Strong hug for everyone and we meet in April!

Nuno

Day 30 UK FD

Yesterday’s FD finished at 610 which will do me. Quorn ‘chicken’, butternut squash & spinach dal with soya *bacon* bits, a nectarine & some frozen cherries & blueberries. It felt like a very indulgent but doable FD.

This morning I weigh the same – a smidgeon under 168lb – but am feeling and looking far less puffy while my carbtastic stomach has shrunk back from 8 to c4 months’ gestation-proportion! I’m encouraged to join @daffodil2010 @dvw @at and @snowflake56 on a motivating b2b2b to end the month.

Feeling much better after a low key day yesterday, thank you @stitchincarol @penz @snowflake56 for your well wishes. i didn’t really rest but pottered gently and caught up with some reading..NOT the reading I was supposed to be doing, but hey. It felt good to have an unstructured and stressless day, and I slept much better. This morning my burning joint pain has turned down to a bearable 5 and I’m feeling more focussed.

@jaifaim good to have you back – and hope you are having a lovely day off. The poet was the wonderful Padraig O Tuama, formerly leader of the Corrymeela community. He has a way of phrasing, exploring, pondering which draws in, accepts and inspires. He also signposted to some really interesting US writers and thinkers eg Molly McCully Brown and Walter Bruggemann so my reading pile has grown again!

The sun is shining brightly here and it’s the day my mother-bubble comes over for early afternoon tea. I’ve got a ‘hot cross bun kit’ from a social enterprise for us to make buns together. It’s fresh encriched dough with the spices and raisins, plus a separate pouch of flour for the cross. It’s made by a project working with people who are homeless or vulnerably housed and all the profits go back to this and their gardening project.We’ll divvy them up and eat on Good Friday. Both my parents were brought up Catholic and my mother loves to keep to all the traditions. However, I suspect my mother will want to sit on my front garden bench in the spring sunshine instead so I now need to get the buns ready! 248 calories each – I’m weaving one or two into Friday

@missybear @lilymartin lovely to hear from you. I do love long chatty posts – they strengthen my mojo no end 🙂
    @nuno what a wonderful result – well done! You are fast becoming a poster person for this WOL 🙂

@at FD800 (2nd of B2B2B)
    @daffodil2010 (2nd day of B2B2B)
    @michelinme (2nd day of B2B2B)

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco (indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

I’m here to say a boring life is a very, very good thing.

Yesterday, I walked on the treadmill at the gym so that I could read at the same time. I got off to go get a drink of water, and as I was walking back to the treadmill, a friend was leaving, so I was walking forward while saying goodbye to her. And I tripped over some piece of equipment that sticks way out behind the seat (don’t know what it is/what it’s called), banging my left shin on it, crashed onto the plastic back side of a stationary bike next to it, and kind of twisted as I fell the other few inches to the floor.

Result? Another emergency room trip (because urgent care had too long a wait time), glue rather than stitches for the gash in my left eyebrow, an impressive shiner that has my eye nearly shut, and an assortment of bruises and scabs.

As I said, I’m here to say a boring life is a very, very good thing. 😏

So yesterday’s FD didn’t quite go as planned, as comfort food was far more appealing by supper than FD food, so DH made me a fried egg sandwich. 😍💞👍

@jaifaim Nice to read a long, chatty post!

@penz Well done on a successful FD!!

@lilymartin LOVED your “missive” with all the chatter and reflection. I’m also hosting Easter, although only a small group of eight of us; how many will you have?

@songbirdme How little you’re posting suggests you’re having a grand time!

@daffodil2010 So no clear answers as to why you’re not losing, but you’re absolutely right that not gaining weight is HUGE, and to have effectively “maintained” (even though that wasn’t your actual goal) is also HUGE. You’ll get down, I’m certain!

@dvw Bummer on the roof shingles; hopefully you can easily get them fixed!

@northgeorgia Love how clearly you can sum up your weight loss journey, and I think you’re spot-on, that your body is desperate to hold on to pounds. You’ll soon show it who’s boss!

@nuno That’s an amazing loss for you!! Congratulations on great results, and see you in April!

@michelinme You also had a lovely chatty post that was a delight to read; thanks for sharing!

@at FD800 (2nd of B2B2B)
    @daffodil2010 (2nd day of B2B2B)
    @michelinme (2nd day of B2B2B)
    @stitchincarol FD800

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at
    @ccco (indefinitely)

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @stitchincarol – me too!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @stitchincarol (I’m hoping to, at least, so figure I’ll add in my name!)

I have a lot of piddly things to accomplish today, so off I go. Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 31, CD, Aus

Last day of the month!! Great opportunity to take stock, think back on what worked for you and what didn’t, so we can all start with the right mind set for April. There’s been some impressive losses, dedication, bumbling, scale purchases, COVID-stories, holidays, cooking fests an news.

I will embrace the simplicity and truth of @lilymartin’s statement: eat less move more.

@nuno – you are the star of this month!

Oh dear @stitchincarol, you have seen far too much of the inside of the emergency room this month.

Happy hump day everyone and see all in April.

Day 31 FD/CD country west Australia
    So pleased that this March has been the most consistent month for me with this WOL for a long time and the results show.
    Will try for a FD but it is the most hectic day at work for months so will just have to see how I go.
    Drinking more water and having less large flat white coffees has also helped this month.
    @stitchincarol I’m sorry to hear about your trip to ED ( sorry pun not intended just realised as I reread before posting). I hope you heal quickly.
    We are only having 9 here but the house is so full of ‘stuff’ that I become a ‘shifter’ moving furniture and bits and pieces from one room to another; pack things in boxes ( mainly my DDs and DS’s gear that they have kindly left here since all leaving home many years ago!!) as we only have a small house.
    Plus our DD who is due in a week and we do not have maternity centres close in WA.
    The closest hospital she can go to is 180kms away and a 2 hour drive. So we will all be on tenterhooks!
    @nuno very well done!
    @michelinme glad to hear you are feeling better
    @daffodil2010 so glad you are prepared to plateau and yes maintaining is still a big plus.
    @dvw good luck with the roof shingles
    Have a good last day of March.😁

Day 31, Emden Germany, FD

I had 2 good FDs so I’m ready for another. I’m glad to have good company. Will weigh myself tomorrow, I think I’ve lost a bit, my clothes fit better (although it could be an empty belly as well).

@at and @dvw You’re welcome, for me it’s better to have company on a FD.

@stitchincarol I’m sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your eyebrow and bruises heal quickly. glad you didn’t break any bones.

@dvw I hope you can repair the shingles yourself.

@lilymartin Gosh, 180 km is a long way to go when in labour.Does your DD go there a few days before she is due (not sure if this is what its called)?

@nuno Congratulations on you great result!

@penz Thank you so much for leading us through this month, it helped me a lot. 🌷 💐 🌹

Pocket list Day 31
    @dvw FD800 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @at FD800 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @snowflake56 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @daffodil2010 (3nd day of B2B2B)
    @michelinme (3nd day of B2B2B)
    @lilymartin

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    3rd of B2B2B

I reckon there will be a few of us on today’s list trying to put a good result for March efforts. I certainly am.

My BP is great, and I feel so well in just a few days, however, this abdominal cramping is coming in waves since Sunday night, so I am just about to ring the medical practice for a callback today if possible. I don’t think it’s anything to do with my new meds, I think it’s something gynae…….but hey ho, having not seen a doctor since 2018, now it’s a weekly occurrence.

Hope to get sorted soon. Going to try for LFD or at least an OMAD…beetroot,motive and spinach salad for tea if I can’t do a full LFD, and fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Happy Hump Day 🐪
    See you all in April.

Day 31 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Odd, posted yesterday morning, just scrolled back to catch posts since 8am yesterday, my post not there, gremlins (or more likely user error!)

@penz – thanks for hosting March, despite trying to maintain, managed a 2 lb loss over the month!

Yesterday was a fantastic day, brilliant sunshine and warm plus we’re now allowed visitors in the garden! So Mrs IHL had a couple of friends round for morning coffee in the garden. In the afternoon we walked round to friends for lunch out in their garden. Brilliant, none of us have been out socialising since the start of lockdowns, nice to hear a garden where the only noise competing with birdsong is laughter!

Another nice morning so out for a walk then BBQ in the afternoon.

@stitchincarol – Ouch ! Hope you fix quickly.

Take care all.

Day 31 UK NFD

Was tempted to fast today instead of my usual Thursday but remembered it keeps me DTF , particularly as it’s a holiday weekend so not getting weighed until Friday but I feel March has been reasonably successful- Thanks for guiding us @penz great job especially as you are so busy 👏

Ouch indeed @stitchincarol – who knew gyms could be so dangerous- speedy recovery

See you all in April

Day 31 – Canada – FD800

Had an ok day yesterday food wise, maybe too much cheese in the evening. Today is the final push. So far this month I’ve lost 3 pounds so I’m happy with that even though I didn’t reach my goal of 4 pounds. April is another month :).

@stitchincarol – I’m so sorry to hear about your accident, you poor thing. Glad to hear you’re being well looked after.

@penz – thank you so much for hosting us this month 🙂

Take care all.

Pocket list Day 31
    @at FD800 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @lilymartin

Day 31 – UK – FD800

Yesterday ended up as between a CD and a TDEE, probably closer to a TDEE so trying for another B2B FD800 today and tomorrow🤞Weigh in will be on Friday morning as usual for me so that will mark the end of March and beginning of April weight!

Gorgeous warm and sunny day again today – going round the village this afternoon delivering daffodils and chocolates for Easter to our Evergreen members (that’s a group for the elderly I volunteer with) unfortunately due to Covid we have not met for over a year now but we try to stay in contact by phone and some outside home visits for those who want someone to talk to 😊

@nuno – 7kg gone this month 🥳 Well done you!
    @stitchincarol – goodness me….take care and hopefully April will be a safer and healthier one for you 🤗
    @lilymartin – 🤞you don’t need to play midwife when your DD visits this weekend – have a fab time with your visiting family
    @i-hate-lettuce – I did see your post yesterday!!!
    @penz – thank you so much for hosting us this month – these are for you 💐🤗

Looking forward to an active, controlled and 🤞a warm April.

Day 31 – USA/GA – FD

Last night, my mother had made homemade chicken salad, so I made myself a wrap. She said, “no one is eating these Aldi brand Doritos,” so I ate some, and then some more. Then she had pulled pork in gravy and egg noodles with a side of cheese. Finally, a slice of chocolate chip cookie cake — all this with a side of Pepsi.

But my body said, “meh, it’s the end of the month. I’ll be nice.” I ended up losing a few ounces to finish March at 224 lbs! As today’s a FD, it’s likely I’ll start off April with a new record low. Although technically I lost 5 lbs between Mar. 1-31, it’s been mostly a plateau this month, averaging a 2 lb loss over the previous month. I’m content and looking forward to even better results in April.

@stitchincarol – I think I would tell myself, “the gym is too dangerous for my health; better stay away…” Seriously, hope you are healing well!

Pocket list Day 31
    @at FD800 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @lilymartin
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 31, NFD, UK

Well it is the last day of the month. Thankfully my weight-loss track record this month is slightly better than my forum-sign-in track record!

Since I got started in mid January, I have lost just over six pounds. I am quite pleased with this.

My Happy Scale app tells me that I am currently losing weight @ 0.25 LB per week. Well, I guess that is better than putting ON 0.25 LB per week!!

So Happy Scale tells me that I will reach my goal weight by August, which seems a long time away.

I am now getting back into SOME of my clothes, but still not my going-out clothes. The urgency has now increased as UK Lockdown is gradually easing!

I have been having a LOT of CDs recently and a lot of ZBCs. So I am pretty happy that I am still losing weight albeit gradually!!!

@nuno – CONGRATS!!

@dvw – Well done !

XX

USA. Day 31. FD800

Looks like I will end the month with a 4 lb. loss!

@at FD800 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @lilymartin
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @ccco. FD800

DTF
    @ccco

Have a great day everyone
    !

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

I’m getting caught up in the busy-ness of Holy Week, so am not being as dedicated as I’d planned to eating at a perfect calorie level…except, really, yes, I am. As I think back to yesterday’s calories, they may well have been under 800, and they certainly weren’t over 1000, so that’s nothing to regret. So, I’ll just keep on being busy, and know the scales will follow at some point, and the good news is that I’m down 5.4lbs from the beginning of the month, so that’s a complete joy, and I’m still on a downward path.

The elements that went in to my long-time-coming weight loss? For starters, I’m sure giving up all alcohol for lent was very helpful. I won’t be absolutely off alcohol in the coming months, as I work to lose the rest of my weight, but I’ll sure be less eager–I hope, LOL!!!–to pop open a beer, or pour a glass of wine. Second largest contributor was my higher will-power and self-control, due to the hypnosis I started. I explained all my goals to my hypnotherapist, what was good (lots of water, embracing the hunger as a positive thing) and the words while under hypnosis were exactly what I want myself to embrace…and it has been working. In addition, my daily calorie burn has increased because I’ve increased my steps and my general activity; my Fitbit was showing a daily calorie burn of only 1500 on many days, and since I ate that many calories–and more–on an NFD, I was clearly not going to lose much weight. All really obvious things, but things that hadn’t sunk in.

So for April, I’ll be able to be even more successful at reaching 10K+ steps each day, and will continue hypnosis to train my subconscious well, and will eventually reach maintenance. For April, my goal is to get to 140-something, and I plan to achieve that by sticking to 3 FD500s each week and aiming for 10K and burning 1800+ calories each day. The only monkey-wrench in the plan is that I’m going on a trip for a week, and food and wine will figure prominently, so I’m working hard to persuade myself how eager I’ll be to reach 15K+ steps each day, LOL!

@lilymartin Your Easter gathering sounds lovely; I hope the day is fun and uneventful labor-wise so that joy and excitement can be its own celebration!

@daffodil2010 I think talking to your doctor is a wise step at this point; stomach cramps that last for days are not normal. Although, drawing on my own experience, is it possible it’s gas from being constipated?? (I feel like my mother: whenever I had stomach issues, both as a child and as an adult, she’d ask in a quiet, rather uncomfortable voice, “Are you constipated?” LOL, we all turn into our mothers eventually, don’t we?)

@i-hate-lettuce Your garden visits sound absolutely lovely!

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. First Covid, then the ER for severe gas pains, then the ER for bashing my face. The pattern is two weeks open, then something happens. Hmmm…I’m going to be nervous about two weeks from now, LOL!

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 31 North Canton OH FD
    My work project is all-consuming; I apologize for the no-shows the last couple of days. My sister, hubby and her little one are also visiting with us for the next 3 weeks and I have been a busy bee as a result.
    I am so excited, I was able to find a Johnson & Johnson Vaccine for my BIL and I snagged the last appointment available for tomorrow! This is like getting concert tickets.
    March was good to me, I finally saw the results I was hoping for and now I am working on settling into a maintenance schedule that will work for me. I do not want to be obsessive and I do not want to complacent either. It took me a long time to get here and I intend to stay here. Maintenance is work but I am ready for it.
    @stitchincarol, what the heck! I just want to keep you in bubble wrap at this point, are you still feeling achy? I also feel like you have settled into a good routine and found your mojo, and hypnosis seems to have really worked for you with portion control and cravings
    @nuno congrats on your results
    @northgeorgia good numbers to finish the month, I bet April is even better
    @snowflake56 joining you for one last FD for the month
    @daffodil2010 I hope you feel better, I wonder why your belly is cramping
    @i hate lettuce yesterday was really warm and nice over here too. I took 2 long walks, one with my sister and the baby; one with OH. Not quite MOAM walks but close
    @brightonbelle good deal knowing what works, sometimes less is more for compliance
    @ccco were you able to figure out the scale?
    @penz thank you so much for hosting us so delightfully, blessings love and hugs 🎉🎉🎉

Pocket list Day 31
    @at FD800 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @lilymartin
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @ccco. FD800
    @basyjames

DTF
    @ccco
    @basyjames

Day 31 UK FD

It was SO hard to fast yesterday. I spent much of the day feeling Really Hungry, holding my stomach and wishing i could eat – but kept strong by the Pocket List and my companions on the b2b2b – thanks @daffodil2010 @snowflake56 @dvw @at.

When REALLY hungry I steamed a huge pile of cauliflower and broccoli to eat ahead of my butternut squash & sweet potato dal supper.I vaguely remembered there’s nothing like crunchy veg and lots of chewing to make the brain think the stomach is full. By the time I’d had my dal, some homemade cabbage/carrot/apple/onion slaw and some frozen cherries I was stuffed. Total calories 806 which will do me fine.

Today I have that wonderful post-FD energy and focus which I’ve not felt for MONTHS. I also feel less puffy but still weigh just under 168lbs. Not all victories are things we measure on the scales so I’ll take this as wonderful progress. I’ve used my focus to sign up for Weds lunchtime & Thurs evening adapted yoga classes for April plus a 7 day course of chair pilates to do next week. If the pilates works for me there are all sorts of follow on courses I can pick up online.

Also just had a great zoom meeting with publisher about a series of short books I’m going to be editing. First time I’ve done this and I’d got a bit stuck… But it seems that all the prep I’d done was just right and he liked all the ideas. Lots to do now but much easier with a structure and timeline. A buzzy day!

Early evening OMAD before online service & Lent course – hoping for a good end to March – and Springing Up to April 🙂

@penz thank you somuch for being a fabulously encouraging host
    @stitchincarol so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you feel better
    @daffodil2010 glad your BP has settled so quickly & hope your medical appt today was helpful

Hope to see you all over in the April challenge x

Pocket list Day 31
    @at FD800 (3nd of B2B2B)
    @lilymartin
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @ccco. FD800
    @basyjames

DTF
    @ccco
    @basyjames

Day 31 MN/USA CD

I’m happy with weight this morning, but will do my “official” weigh in tomorrow to both register March results and April beginnings. Looks like down at least 4-5 lbs this month.

@stitchincarol – I echo others in hoping you will heal quickly and have a much, much safer and healthier month in April!
    @penz – Thank you so much for hosting our group in March! You did a lovely job, even as busy as you are, and it’s so appreciated!
    @michelinme – It sounds like you are having a great day, and holding strong and steady yesterday has helped your body balance and heal. Your cabbage/apple/carrot slaw sounds good!
    @nuno – What amazing results this month! I hope you continue to reap the health benefits of changing your diet and lifestyle to a healthier way!
    @northgeorgia – It is really something – the power of a body set point! You will get to your goal with patience, and it will be a more stable and maintainable result when you do.
    @snowflake – I hope things will quickly get better in Germany with the covid situation, and you will be able to go back to normal this summer.
    @lilymartin – Your mojo is infectious! Thanks for sharing your positivity!
    @daffodil2010 – First, in reading about your BP issues, I was thinking how wise you were to quit smoking all those years ago! Second, I hope you can get your cramping sorted out soon. It’s not a good thing how many health issues have been ignored and tests postponed because of Covid.
    @basyjames – Enjoy your family and share with us how maintenance is going, when you have time.
    @at – I had no doubt you would get back to your “normal” healthy weight and activity. Well, done!
    @dvw – Good luck with the roof…..I unfortunately have been there, done that recently.
    @brightonbelle – I’m glad you had a good month. I hope we all have another one in April!
    @ccco – It takes a lot out of us older ladies when running after small children. I’m glad I had mine when relatively young. But they are so precious, as is the time we have with them, that any tiredness is well worth it, I agree.
    @jaifaim – Those are big questions about HRT and such. It’s hard to decide, even with the advice of a good doctor. Since some women have more issues than others as they go through that time, it’s such an individual decision. I wish you luck!
    @i-hate-lettuce – You are always such a ray of sunshine, and appreciated of the loveliness around you, the sunshine, good friends! Your posts lift us all!

I looking forward to my first vaccination jab Saturday, and trying to get rest and eat well to boost my immune system and make it count. Also, I’m hoping to enjoy family on Easter Sunday and nothing more than a sore arm, perhaps. And I must admit this: Dry since February 13 means it has been so much easier to lose weight and stay under TDEE, but it has been a long time, and I am really looking forward to a couple of glasses of chilled white wine, maybe even Sunday evening if I’m feeling well.

See you all over on the April Challenge!

USA. Day 31. FD8j00

No, BasyJames, I didn’t figure out the scale. I am just going to have to have my daughter look at it. Now it won’t show me pounds, either. It is saying kilos and I didn’t make it do that. I am not good at any kind of technology at all. 🙁

My kitchen is closed and I am good! 🙂

Day 31 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all! I hope you are all well!
    I had a great long spin yesterday afternoon in the hazy sunshine. It was fab ☀️ I was out for over 5 hours 😍
    In my happy place 🚴
    I am tired and hungry today though which is par for the course…. but going with it…
    Will weigh tomorrow and see what’s what…
    @nuno you have done brilliantly this month – well done 👏
    Those of you who are feeling under the weather I hope you feel better soon…
    I’ve only just scanned the posts today as it crazy busy in work (in my spare room 😂😂).
    See you all in April! Thank you @penz!!!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 31 USA (Utah) NFD

March is done. Wow – spring is springing up all over the place (northern Hemisphere!) and sun shines longer each day. March Madness is coming to an end this weekend. Yeah for that. Am I missing my daily weigh-ins being away from home? Sort of. I’m doing my best to tell my weight by my rings feeling the same. Strange, but I always could tell a couple pounds increase by them.

@stitchincarol – wow! I’ve been using the fitness room here at our Park City lodge, so your accident is not good to hear about at all! May you heal quickly, dear one!

@penz – thank you for taking us on this month. I will see you all over onto April!

Onward and downward.

Just checking in esp for those people in the northern hemisphere who are still on day 31!

Did you manage to get a medical apt Daffodil2010?

Slow and steady wins the race, @fivetwofan!

And well done to you too @ccco. You make me laugh @IHL – “trying” to maintain, but still losing!

@basyjames and @stitchincarol – your posts sound so positive and you have a realistic plan for next month.

That post-FD feeling really is the best, @michelinme!

Thanks for your kind words and forgiveness for my sometimes tardy hosting this month.

Day +1

Final weigh in: 60.9 kg/134.3 lbs, so I lost 2.7 kg/5.9 lbs. I didn’t reach my goal but it’s fine.

Final post

Well, I lost 2lbs – saw a number on the scale that I haven’t seen in a few months as I have been plateaued for sooooooo long, but an inch off my waist too. Heading into Easter weekend though.

Thanks @penz for hosting ☺️

Final Post

I weighed 145.2 this morning, which is down 5-7 pounds from the end of February, depending which day you choose. I’m thrilled, and looking forward to April’s good results.

@penz You’ve been a marvelous host, loving us wonderfully; thanks for doing it!

Viewing 45 posts - 451 through 495 (of 495 total)

You must be logged in to reply.