2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2021 Monthly Challenge – Motivational March!

This topic contains 484 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 495 total)

• Day 11 OMAD London

I’m still doing OMAD which I started in June last year, and it still suits me, but I’m trying to do longer fasts midweek. I managed 38 hours from last Tuesday to Thursday, and tbh, it seemed like a breeze. I felt great, not hungry, and slept really well. So I’m doing another one now, but today it was like treacle off a spoon. Sooooooo slow. Not helped by awful weather so no chance to go for a walk. I’m going to try to carry on until lunchtime tomorrow, but I don’t know if this works for me. 😳😳😳

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Feel good today, BP still normal, so I guess that was a temporary, but super scary, spike on Monday.

I am liking the new way of medical appointments now in the Covid age, the Doctor rang me on the dot of when he was supposed to, we had a ten minute consultation, he reassured me that the BP is normal, but I am going to get blood tests, an ECG, and a 24 BP monitor, just to check up on things.

No sitting around a stuffy waiting room, all very efficient.

I feel a lot calmer now, hopefully the tests will show what caused that spike, but it’s good to rule out things, especially with my family history.

@basyjames….I have bought that scales too…..bit from Amazon.com as the city’s to Ireland plus duty and taxes pushed the price way up. I try to avoid Amazon.co.uk now as with Brexit there are also customs charges to pay, BUT the German Amazon didn’t have it.!

So I bought it from the UK and hope I am not hit with more charges when it arrives.

Like @i-hate-lettuce I have an old WeightWatchers scale which is very heavy, you could do damage to your back lifting it 😄

It’s our wedding anniversary tomorrow – we have a bottle of Moët cooling in the fridge, planning a delicious home cooked celebration meal….and I have taken tomorrow off so plan a long weekend of relaxing.

Have a great Thursday.

Day 11, Emden Germany, NFD

@fivetwofan5252, @dvw, @basyjames and @penz No results yet, everything goes frustratingly slow overhere. Instead of getting on with vaccinations, there are endless discussions going on over who to vaccinate first, not even a third of the patients on dialysis has been vaccinated here. The GPs should start on the April 1st, but not it’s delayed to the 15th although the numbers are rising fast again.

@brightonbelle We have the same weather here, the forecast for today says storm and heavy rain and more rain expected the next days. But this will pass and the snowdrops and the crocusses look great, the tulips and daffodils are ~ 15 cm out already so it won’t take long anymore.

@basyjames I looked at the scales, they are not available here. My old balance scales are fine with me.

@michelinme You’re welcome! I’m always glad to have company on FDs, I tend to give up when I’m on my own.

@daffodil2010 It’s good to have everything checked once in a while.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Felling good this morning, in fact probably starting to feel more like my old self pre treatment (at last) 😉 A few bits still need ‘polishing’ and sorting. Sense of smell and taste is OK, can eat almost anything I want now, but still need to watch too much acid. Finally starting to produce saliva, so not waking up several times in the night with tongue stuck to roof of my mouth!

I think the radiotherapy killed off my ‘Inner Warthog’ he’s been nowhere near since October and I’m finding managing my weight very easy at the moment (he might be lurking in the background so keeping aware) I put some weight back on as I’d lost too much over such a short time, but losing (slowly) again now I’m back on 5:2 again.

@snowflake56 – Not a Colin Firth lookalike, but I have been mistaken for Rick Stein a time or two, especially when I’m rooting round markets on holiday, oh and when I went into his posh chippy in Falmouth!

@penz – not falling for that one, budgie smugglers, gold medallion and a sash! If I wore a sash I’d have a huge white stripe where it has covered, would then look silly 😉 🙂 🙂

@daffodil2010 – Enjoy your wedding anniversary meal and fizz.

Take care all

Pocket list day 11
    I-hate-lettuce

Day 11 – UK – FD500

Sadly 😔yesterday’s 3rd B2B FD800 turned into a NFD with 🍷 🤭 no excuses but the wet grey days we have had this week finally got to me I think – I have managed to do my daily exercise classes via zoom but not gone out for a proper walk apart from a quick one to the village shops!

Today I started with my regular 7am Broga with OH via zoom, lunch service volunteer session and an afternoon aerobic class booked to try and keep on track for a FD500 today as we have a lovely seafood “Dine at Home” meal being delivered tomorrow!

Lovely to hear that so many folks are getting their vaccine now – stay safe and healthy!

@basyjames – that link was interesting reading
    @i-hate-lettuce – how did I miss your posts on budgie smuggler/mankini/gold medallion!!!! Great to read that you are starting to feel “more like your old self pre treatment (at last)” how wonderful to have got your sense of taste and smell back!
    @songbirdme – thank you for reminding me that there is “nothing wrong with some indulgence? Isn’t that why we do this WOL?” 😊
    @snowflake56 – 🤗 and hope DH has not caught the virus x
    @michelinme – sorry to have let you down yesterday but I’ll be doing a FD500 today 🤞
    @daffodil2010 – great to read of your positive chat with the GP – enjoy your 🍾🥂 tomorrow celebrating your wedding anniversary – “Anniversary cheers!”

Pocket list day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @stitchincarol (dry until Easter)
    @northerndawn (dry until Easter)
    @at – bar the odd slip 😉

ZBC 🚫
    @stitchincarol – every day!
    @at – every day!

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @at (45mins Broga and 60mins Aerobics)

“Rule One is never quit. Rule Two is refer to Rule One. Cake happens, but as long as you remember those rules, you’ll be OK.”

Day 11 UK FD

It’s seems like it’s been a long week this week I’m spurred on to have a good FD in the knowledge it’s Friday tomorrow

Pocket list day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @brightonbelle

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at – bar the odd slip 😉
    @brightonbelle

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @brightonbelle

Day 11 – Canada – NFD

Good morning. I had a very good FD yesterday and will happily celebrate the teeny tiny loss on the scales this morning. 😊 For dinner I had the best pan fried scallops I’ve ever had, delicious and low calorie. Win, win.

@nellen – having a chat with yourself sounds like good positive self talk. Well done you!

@michelinme – oh my goodness, another chocolate delivery! I would cave in and eat it all.

@daffodil2010 – I agree that getting phone calls from a doctor definitely beats sitting in a waiting room! I’m amazed they didn’t think of doing this years ago. I hope it’s a practice they continue. Happy Anniversary- enjoy the bubbly 🥂

@snowflake56 – I love hearing about the spring flowers, there’s still a foot of snow in my back garden, I can’t even see my boxwoods! Ha ha ha. It’s warming up this week though.

@ihl – very nice to hear you’re feeling like your old self. 👌

@at – no doubt not being able to take your long walks will impact your fasting but you should feel proud for completely the B2B! It’s amazing that you can do that, I’m happy if I can do one good FD. 😌

Take care all.

Day 11 – lisbon, Portugal FD

Good morning!!!!

Today is FD, in the previous two days (NFD and 18:6) I was losing weight too. The plan is having the expected impact and in general I’m feeling good.

I’m happy 🙂

We just need to end this damn confinement by the covid!!!!

Hug to everyone
    Nuno

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Pathetic post-FD weigh-in of 225 lbs this morning, despite a good FD. But on the bright side, I ripped off the 229 link on my paper chain this morning (I did hit 228 earlier this week). Was really hoping for 224, and it did flash up a couple of times (so that was nice), but not really honest to say that’s where the scales settled. Still, I’m right at 225.25 or so, and I feel good about that. I have to remember I have lost a LOT of weight over the past year, and my body needs a breather to adjust, so a trickle downwards is fine. After this month’s weight loss, I should be able to reset my year’s monthly targets to whatever March shows. Too much plateau going on in January and February to get a good estimate. We’re closing in on the middle of the month, and I’m suspecting my March target was also overly ambitious.

Still, feeling good going into the NFD period through Monday.

Day 11 ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Day 11 UK NFD

Yesterday’s FD didn’t reset after the chocolates but I’m counting progress in being TDEE rather than EFS. My all-chocolate intake was slightly rebalanced by butternut squash,courgette & spinach dal with mushrooms & quorn ‘chicken’ for supper. AND I forgot to weigh myself this morning so it’ll be tomorrow’s weekly weigh day for reckoning

Some progress to report: I did an online shop yesterday & restocked the cupboard & freezer plus my fortnightly veg box arrived. My treats this time were seasy cook protein things like plant-based ‘meatballs’ and vegan ‘fish’ rather than a tub of vegan icecream or custard. My fridge is now overflowing with lovely veg- cauliflower, courgettes, red onions, butternut squash, spinach, kale, a 600g sweet potato, 3 HUGE beetroot weighing in at almost 2 kg, plus blueberries, apples, clementines and a whole fresh pineappe!

I have a lovely quiet few days planned – taking a 3-day weekend to let myself rest and prep for Future Me. I’m looking forward to some lovely meal planning and batch cooking and making up magnesium cream and moisturiser for DD and some friends – what one friend calls my ‘witchy potions’ 🙂

This week has also been successful in 3 x v early nights which have lifted my mood, along with the spring sunshine – in between the grey days, wind & rain. My friend is helping me do some decluttering for a couple of hours today, which always feels good too. And knowing that I have some days ‘off’ from commitments from tomorrow has lifted my mood no end. I’m slightly more motivated to get on with drafting difficult emails and prioritising project work because I know it’s just for today.

@at we both had an indulgent Weds, but well done you for picking it up today ahead of tomorrow’s lovely meal
    @daffodil2010 so glad you had a helpful and reassuring GP consult
    @basyjames thanks for the scale recommendation. I’m seriously considering replacing my 25 yo iron scales – but not yet! I’ll keep that as a progress reward for the next milestone
    @northgeorgia sounds like a great plan – steady progress is still progress!
    @nuno that’s wonderful – well done
    @emmataylor well done – that’s epic. Longer fasts are great – when we can stick to them!!
    @dvw i’ve eaten 1/3 of the chocolate – which was almost my TDEE calories!
    @ihatelettuce that sounds like v good news indeed
    @snowflake sorry to abandon you yesterday – well done in having a solid FD

OK off to prep for my declutter time with friend – focusing on the practical and hopefully the brain stuff will follow. Strength to fasters, gentle days to all x

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

It’s always so good to read anything on this board from all of our “subscribers” here. I’m so glad I am part of this group.

@emma-taylor – you’re doing fasts on top of OMAD? Wow. I am impressed. I am happy to do a 16:8 (that really is only one meal) but not longer fasts with that.

@northgeorgia – you HAVE lost a lot! Congratulations and remember this is a long haul, not a sprint.

@i-hate-lettuce – wonderful to hear you’re getting back to your old self. We’re happy for that.

Onward and downward.

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Since Saturday, to the best of my knowledge, I’ve eaten 800-500-600-1100-1200 calories. In the normal course of events, I’d be down a pound or two (or even more), between actual weight loss and water loss. (I know this because I weigh myself so often, so have a clear picture of what to expect.) Plus, Sunday’s problem is now gone. But the weight is still hovering higher than makes sense. The best I can guess is that I have a whoosh coming. I’m hoping I see something exciting tomorrow morning to motivate me to a great weekend.

@mogaman I’m laughing that your DH bought two Snickers this week. My DH always fills my Christmas stocking with calories of one sort or another, and then gave me calories of some sort for Valentine’s Day, and I always smile on the outside and shake my head on the inside. I think we should both take it as a message that they love us whether we lose weight or not; sound good?? 😂🥰

@jaifaim Wifi issues are so irritating in these days when we’ve become so dependent on the internet! Definitely first world problems, but problems nonetheless!

@toady You’re doing a great job, and you must be so pumped for your progress!

@penz So glad we were all able to help you yesterday! Well done on the FD; are you enjoying today’s bliss?

@emmataylor Isn’t it funny how the exact same experience can feel so very different on different days

@daffodil2010 So glad you’re feeling calmer; hopefully the steps you’re taking will provide some sort of answer to explain Monday’s episode. And happy anniversary tomorrow!!!

Pocket list day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at – bar the odd slip 😉
    @brightonbelle

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @brightonbelle? Good luck with persevering!

I’ve walked outside twice this week, but was stuck to the house yesterday because I was eliminating the problem of Sunday. 😉 Today is my busy day that doesn’t have much time. So I’m thinking tomorrow will be a day I get ambitious and either walk outside again or, if the weather isn’t nice enough, go walk on the treadmill at the gym. Progress is always good, however tiny it may be!

USA. Day 11 FD800

Pocket List Day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at – bar the odd slip 😉
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5

I did fail yesterday to stay DTF and had a couple of glasses of wine….stress drinking! I got a scam phone call that almost didn’t end well. I got a phone call claiming to be from Amazon and that someone had made a purchase for $799 for an iPhone 11 on my account. They were attempting to access my computer for my information. Fortunately, I realized what was happening and reported them to the U.S. Federal Government but it left me shaken and, hence, the wine. No matter! Today I am back. Also, I did eat yesterday the way I had planned, so I at least had that.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am eagerly awaiting my new scale, which is supposed to arrive today! Have a great day today!

Day 11 USA FD

I ended up taking a “recovery” day yesterday because I was feeling exhausted. My calories for the day came in under TDEE at 1150, so quite controlled but not under 800, which has been my daily average for the last 2 weeks. I did zero exercise and no outdoor walk, whereas I had been averaging about 90 minutes of a variety of exercise daily for the last 2 weeks. I did not finish painting with the second coat on my bedroom, (@penz….I wish it was more exciting than painting a bedroom), as I had been painting until 8 pm the evening before to get the first coat on everywhere. The ladder was not kind to my knees at all, and they ached all night long.

So, after a a day that felt like indulgence (yesterday)doing very little except light housework, I am down 1 pound overnight, and have hit the “Healthy” 24.9 BMI!!! I guess that does illustrate that we do retain water in our muscles and elsewhere when we are working out more, and even when we have consistently decreased calories. A day of rest and the inflammation is gone.

For the sake of my knees, I am for sure planning to lose another 5-12 lbs (3-5Kg) and continue working out about an hour to 90 minutes a day to feel stronger and more flexible. I have finally made exercise a daily priority, and for motivation I am plotting it out on my daily calorie and weight loss chart.
    I break exercise up into 10-20 minutes of various things such as yoga, strength training, core, HIIT, and also walking for 1-3 miles/day. That works for me psychologically, because 10 minutes of anything doesn’t seem that long, and I often feel like doing more after 10 minutes. I already feel stronger than I did a month ago.

@ccco – I am surprised your sister, the professor, was turned away for her vaccination. I would think professors would be at higher risk from their students than teachers of younger children who don’t practice such risky behaviors as college kids. I am just plodding on with signing up where I can and hoping it won’t be too long before I can get my vaccination. My DH is already fully vaccinated and would be able to do so many things, but I feel I am holding him back because he won’t do those things without me (like going to restaurants, and some travel). Thanks so much for the advice!

@snowflake56 – I hope your DH will be fine and no Covid. I’ll be praying for him and also that you stay safe! And thanks for the image of your spring flowers. Ours are not even peaking up yet.

@daffodil2010 – Happy Anniversary and enjoy your special day and weekend!

@i-hate-lettuce – Happy to hear you are feeling so much more like yourself.

@at – Fasting with you today! Strength to us both!

@dvw – I love scallops! That will be a perfect dinner tomorrow! Thanks for the idea.

@stitchincarol – Your whoosh will come, stay on course! For me it seems like weight loss shows up a week to two weeks after my best efforts. You will get there!

@ccco – I just read your last post….Those kind of financial scams are getting better and better at fooling people. They are so upsetting! I had an email from my bank recently, that looked perfect, but seemed a little strange, so I called them, and they did not send it or know what I was talking about. If I had even clicked on the link provided to communicate with them, I would have probably opened myself up to a hack. I’m glad you figured it out. I never answer my phone anymore if the name doesn’t come up as a contact. If it’s important they can leave a message.

Good luck to everyone today!

Day 11 North Canton NFD

I have lost 2 pounds so far this week, first time since the pandemic began. I really feel like I have hit a turning point in my post-menopausal weight loss journey and I am very happy.

@daffodil2010 I hope you are not hit with more charges and I hope you enjoy the scale. Happy anniversary!!!!

@i hate lettuce you have made such wonderful progress, and we are all so thankful for you

@at and that is why we follow this WOL, if a FD does not work, we hop on the next one

@michelinme something nice to look forward to for sure

@northgeorgia those steady losses are adding up

@stitchincarol all primed and ready to celebrate your whoosh. i know its right around the corner🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️😁

Pocket List Day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at FD500
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @at – bar the odd slip 😉
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

ZBC 🚫
    @at – every day!
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @basyjames

Day 12, NFD, Aus

How did you go @EmmaTaylor? Amazing how much the weather can affect mood, willpower and appetite. Looking at you there, @at!!

Very pleased to read you had a positive doctor interaction @daffodil2010. As much as COVID has rocked the world, there are many benefits to the way we have had to change business, work, family interactions, play and health care. Happy anniversary!! And enjoy your long weekend.

Your happiness is shining through @nuno.

I’m missing tales of Wesley and co, @northgeorgia. Will they be making an appearance soon?

3 beetroots weighing 2kilos! Wow, they must be the size of softballs, @michelinme!

@ccco – what a relief you realised what the scammers were on to. One scam that’s going around Australia at the moment is a phone call where a voice claims that X amount of dollars has been charged to your account and if you didn’t make the transaction, press 1 on your phone. That then connects you to an international phone number which is reverse charged to you at exorbitant rates. Beware everyone!

You so deserve a recovery day @northerndawn!

Yay @basyjames you are trending in the right direction!! Well done!

Have a great weekend everyone.. Catch you tomorrow!

Day 11 OMAD London

I managed to do a full 36 hour fast, but it was a real struggle. I’m normally the first to throw in the towel if things are tough, but I stuck it out yesterday, which I suppose is a good thing. I’m sure that my mental attitude is key. I found a series of YouTube videos called Six Miles Till Supper last week, which got me into the right frame of mind, but I need to keep brainwashing myself to keep going. OMAD is easier, but I’m not being strict enough, and I’m not really losing weight. Hmmmm…

Day 11 – NSW, AU – CFD

Managed an 18 hour fast before some lunch – soup and a sourdough roll, a couple of snacks and then ‘dinner’ of peanut butter on another roll. Just under 900 calories for the day, so not quite the FD800 again but still happy getting under the 1000. We’ll see how I go tomorrow.

Day 12. U.K. OMAD.

I had a wonderful NFD yesterday! Still ZBC but then Prosecco on an empty stomach for a friend’s birthday lunch!! Yikes! Then lots of lovely food, yum!

@ccco – poor you! Don’t blame you for picking up a wine glass…. horrible how these people get in.

@emma Taylor – my husband does OMADs religiously 3x week but he’s stopped losing weight because he is not at all strict in the evenings!
    I’m wondering….. Rather than torturing yourself on long fasts (which some people enjoy but sounds like you don’t?) have you thought about simply measuring out your calories on an OMAD day?

I’m thinking of doing this myself – perhaps 800-1000 calories x 3 OMADs per week? That’s quite a big plate of food!! I just haven’t quite got around to all the measuring yet!!!!!

I find I only lose weight on OMAD if I limit myself to my Uber-mega-healthy breakfast smoothie for my one permitted meal (doesn’t even contain any fruit so it’s pretty hair-shirted). I eat it at dinner time!

Good luck to anyone fasting/OMAD-ing today… 😊

Day 12 UK omad.

I just wrote a really long post but it disappeared!

I hope it reappears again…

Happy fasting everyone

Day 12, Emden Germany, FD

My husbands test was negative, his next test will be on Tuesday, if it’s negative also, his quarantaine will be over on Thursday and he can go back to work again. I’m so relieved. Thank you all so much for thinking about us, it’s nice to know and it helps.

We have unexpected sunshine here and I plan on doing some work in the garden. I want to try to get the Arums out, they are spreading and don’t look that great. I planted tomato and sweet william seeds 3 weeks ago, the sweet williams are coming but no sign of tomatoes yet. I’m not good at growing tomatoes, a few years ago we had 18 plants and out came 9 tomatoes.

@daffodil2010 Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

@i-hate-lettuce I had to look up Rick Stein, he looks nice. How did people react, did they ask you for recipies? I looked up the posh chippy in Falmouth, has it been closed down? I’m so glad to hear you’re getting back to your old self again.

@at Thanks for the hug! I tend to panic over everything lately, I have to find my faith and positivity back. I hope sunshine and spring will help.

@dwv Scallops, it’s been ages we had them, we use to buy them in the Netherlands. Where on the East Coast are you (you don’t have to tell if you don’t want to)? My aunt and uncle live in Brantford.

@michelinme What a lovely food box you got, as a child I really disliked beetroot, now I love it.

@stitchincarol I hope you’ll get your woosh today, after so many calorie low days you should.

@ccco It’s scary to see, how easy it is for criminals to enter your phone or e-mail account. We put every unknown mail in the spam box but the unconfortable feeling always stays.

@northerndawn Congratulations on entering the healthy BMI!

@basyjames Well done on the loss!

@fivetwofan5252 It’s so annoying when posts disappear into nowhere. Perhaps it will show up later. I often lose posts when I edit.

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56

Day 12 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Really good FD yesterday, despite the weather, still got out for a wander.
    Thanks for the positive comments to my last posts, I’ve learned a lot about myself in recent times. The human body is an incredible bit of kit. Its ability to repair itself, with care, is amazing. Also that bit of grey matter between the ears is also pretty impressive, you have to get it onside and working with you and you can conquer a lot.

Weigh in this morning, down 1lb, getting to the stage where on or two pounds a month would be very good.

Weekend again …. and 3 x 6 nations Rugby matches.
    Saturday Italy vs Wales followed by England vs France
    Sunday Scotland vs Ireland

@snowflake56 – The reaction from people was very much ‘is it, isn’t it?’ and looking with curiosity, he’s a Cornishman so as soon as I spoke the accent gave it away.

@ccco – scammers, seems a worldwide problem, we had a few days where we had as many as 4 calls a day, same scam different number each time so even blocking the number doesn’t always work! Grrrr

Take care all

Day 12 OMAD London

@fivetwofan5252 – I think you’re right. I’m going to blame DH now…… his main interest in life seems to be organising our evening meal, and that’s great. But I’m not doing OMAD properly, and obviously the effect is no weight loss. I know I can do it, I just need to stop faffing around. The best results for me came from doing a proper five hour window and DTF. Then I lost weight every week. Wine and beer drinking are now out, but I’ve got a newish Campari habit. That needs to go, or at least be relegated to the weekends.
    BTW, what’s this about the vaccine causing blood clots? Really. Or just not very reliable news?

Day 12 – Canada – FD

Good morning. This will be my 3rd FD this week and I’m feeling good. Today I plan a nice long walk, it’s supposed to be +9 today, still no signs of daffodils popping up but it’s just a matter of time. 😊 I’m seeing small losses on the scales and still motivated to continue. Thank goodness for this forum.

@northerndawn – congratulations 👏 on reaching a healthy BMI. It does indeed help with the joint and knee pain. Your exercise plans sound wonderful.

@stitchincarol – you are most definitely due a whoosh! Fingers crossed 🤞 you see it soon.

@basyjames – good for you – a 2 lb loss is fantastic, congratulations!

@nuno – glad you’re feeling happy – I’m with you, can’t wait for this Covid to pass out of existence and become a note in history books.

@snowflake56 – I’m in Atlantic Canada, about 1400 Kms from Brantford. The scallops are fresh from the Bay of Fundy, one of the nice benefits of living here. I’ll join you on your FD today.

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56
    @dvw

Take care everybody.

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

A little gain today to 226 lbs. No ZBC today. Wanted to enjoy breakfast as I have a lunchtime Zoom meeting, then some errands to run. @penz funny you should ask — I was just wondering about Wesley…

“I’m fine,” Wesley whispers to me suddenly. “But what the heck are we doing here?” I look around the banquet hall with empty tables and folding chairs. There sure is a lot of decorating to be done. “Do you think we are supposed to…,” Wesley starts a little too loudly.

“Oh no,” Rita responds, unexpectedly appearing in the doorway behind us. “We wouldn’t ask you to spend your night decorating. We’ve already paid for that and they’ll take care of it in the morning. Come back downstairs. We just need to rehearse the service tomorrow.”

“Rita, the minister has arrived,” John calls up the stairs. We head back down to the large conference room.

“There you are,” the minister says. “For a moment, I thought, ‘uh oh, John. Your fiance just had second thoughts.'” Rita laughs. “Nah, I wouldn’t jilt this fellow at the altar.” John gives Rita a peck on her cheek. “And these folks are?” the minister calls out at us.

“Oh, these are our friends we met today who have agreed to fill in for us at tomorrow’s ceremony,” Rita says.

“Nice to meet you,” the minister responds. “I’m Reverend Smith.” We take turns introducing ourselves. “Well, that’s that. Shall we begin our rehearsal?” Rev. Smith extends his arm to the ceremony room, and we walk in.

Happy Friday!

Day 12 UK NFD

Weekly weigh in and I’m up 1.5lbs. O well, it could have been a lot worse. Counting the positives from this week – better sleep, better hydration, good b2b FD, some fabulous meals and lots of fruit & veg consumed! Also glad of lovely friends who sent me chocolate, and some useful lessons learned.

The knock on effect of all the helpful health stuff was a wonderfully clear brain and a good project session yesterday, tackling lots of tricky emails that had piled up while i was ill – once my head was in a good place they simply flowed.

Today has turned into more of a transition day after a pile of urgent things appeared, but letting go and off to do some yoga stretches before a light lunch and an afternoon of making potions, gardening friend visiting and zoom teatime catch up with another friend – both bringing our own muffins! Mothering Sunday this weekend and video calls planned with DD & mother. Also looking forward to a weekend of cooking, rugby, planting seeds, catching up with reading and rest – investing in Future Me.

Well done everyone who has had a successful week – those lost pounds are very well-earned! It’s wonderful when things come together, perseverance & plans pay off. I’m always encouraged by seeing what is possible – that’s why this is such a great place to be. As @jaifaim always says, we rise by lifting others 🙂

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday’s FD went well. One of my favorite things to do for a FD is to cook spaghetti squash in the oven until wonderfully tender, then put a jarred spaghetti sauce over it and add as much parmesan as my calories will allow. Add in a steamed veggie (broccoli was my choice last night) and the calorie count is easily under 500 as long as you haven’t added too much parmesan, and there is nothing about that meal that feels like “diet” food. Plus, there’s no opportunity to get carried away with ingredients while you’re cooking, the reason why I seldom actually “cook” on a FD. There’s little protein in the meal, but a great quantity of veggie! No whoosh this morning, just the same low weight as after Monday’s FD…

@northerndawn Every now and again I toy with painting our own master bedroom, but it’s just a stinkin’ lot of work, and HARD work. Hang in there; the second coat is always easier, and when everything’s done and put back together, you’ll be so pleased with how lovely it all looks!

Wow, @basyjames, 2lbs in one week! Well done!

@daffodil2010 Happy Anniversary! 🍾🥂💞💍💒🤵👰

@EmmaTaylor I too found OMAD didn’t take any weight off. I hope you find exactly the right approach to all the options that gives you the results you want!

@snowflake56 Great news about your DH’s negative test; I’ll just bet the test next Tuesday is also negative. Whew! And planting tomatoes in March?? Planting ANYTHING in March?? Wow. Our last frost day around here is May 15, and we had a hard freeze on May 14 just a few years ago, so planting in March simply doesn’t happen for me, and I’m quite envious of you and all the others who are already gardening.

@michelinme It’s lovely to hear the peace and contentment in your voice; so pleased for you.

Today it’s back to tax work, another hypnosis session, the weekly zoom call with my three sisters, and a good long walk. Have a great and successful day today, everyone, whatever success looks like for today.

2nd post

@dvw Lucky you! Thanks for joining me today.

@stitchincarol Thanks! We can’t plant seeds outside yet, they are in cultivaters on the window sill. Plants and trees from the garden center can be planted now, the garden centers are open again with a limited amount of buyers. Perhaps we can go there next week and look what they have. We worked for 2 hours in the garden this morning until it started to rain. There are lots of little green things coming up. I didn’t get a lot done but it was nice and a good exercise as well. Please tell us again how the hypnosis session went.

Day 11 – Lisbon, Portugal NFD

Hello everyone!!!

Today I completed my biggest fast 39h30m 😉 Weight decreases from yesterday 300g.

I’m still in a good mood and following the plan.

Hug to everyone
    Nuno

Day 12 MN/USA FD800

Another pound down this morning – that’s 2 pounds in two days! Whoosh of sorts. I’m down a total of 7 lbs since the first week January. It feels great and motivating, especially after seeing no real progress from October to February. I need two more 800 calorie days this week, today and tomorrow, in order to have a 3500 calorie deficit for the week (NOT including calories spent on exercise). That should mean another pound down next week if I hold steady at goal weight TDEE and go back to basic 5:2 next week. That’s the plan, anyway.

I don’t know if I could do 800 calories for 8-12 weeks as some people have done. It would certainly take a lot of planning to eat well and not feel deprived, if doing it that long. Anyone who has followed that diet has my admiration.

Back later to comment on posts. Happy Friday, everyone!

USA. Day 12. FD800

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco

Thank you all for your thoughts on that scam. I am usually good at avoiding them but I had just made an Amazon purchase and thought I had triggered something but all is good! Phew! Anyway, my last true purchase was the scale which I very happily have received and paired up to my devices and am ready to go! I weighed myself this morning and it says I am one pound more than my WW scale says but I weighed myself fully dressed, which I never do. In any case, I will dispatch that pound very very quickly. I absolutely love that scale! 🙂

Congratulations, NorthernDawn, on your loss! Nuno, that is quite a fast. Congrats! Stitchincarol, your FD spaghetti squash recipe sounds great. I have a similar recipe that I reserve for Summer so I can put in fresh vegetables from my garden, such as cherry tomatoes.

For all those who have lost today, I congratulate you and for all those who have gained, I am right with you. I am certain we will lose those gains quickly. Have a great day, everyone!

Second post

I went in to weigh myself a few minutes after I posted, just because I wanted to admire the 148.2…and I weighed in at 147.4! So now I’m at the point in the afternoon that can be challenging not to nibble, and I’m trying to keep my focus on how glorious that number was this morning so I don’t undo the accomplishment! Not a whoosh, but still an improvement.

Today’s hypnosis session (these are all via zoom) was to fine-tune the text of the 15-minute session. We work together on choosing language, with me focused on the words that make sense (“embrace the hunger” and “water helps the hunger go away” were two that made her shudder, LOL) and with her focused on appropriate word choice. Finding a balance between us can be a challenge, so that’s what we spent the hour doing. Next, she’ll record the new script and email it to me, and I’ll listen to the new script instead of the first script.

I find myself more willingly doing the things the script is focused on (not snacking, and actively working to sufficient activity, and so on), so I’m pleased to know hypnosis is working.

Second Post;

@stitchincarol – I’m glad the hypnosis is working for you! And I don’t blame you for wanting to admire the low scale weight…congrats on the lower number! It can not be overstated how good that kind of loss feels! And thank you for your earlier post appreciating the “hard work” of painting. A little appreciation of effort goes a long way towards motivation, and I have done the second coat on two walls today, thanks to your encouragement. Now, we can move the King bed back against the wall after DH changes the electrical. I stopped before I opened the new gallon of paint. Can do the rest after he gets his stuff done.

Oh, @northerndawn, I’m glad you felt encouraged. It really doesn’t take much for us most days, does it? 😉 What electrical is your DH changing?

Third post;

@stitchincarol – Just some outlets, now, and in the next days more outlets and some light switches. He’s waiting to do some until I’m done painting those walls. i’m kind of notorious for getting paint on the outlets. 😂

Day 12 North Canton OH WFD 9

Late late post. I almost did not post but I was able to find the time

@fivetwofan5252 bummer for your lost post, sometimes they reappear. Having lost a few posts myself, a few years ago I created a word document for my posts, then I copy and post on the forum. It’s a running commentary on my fasting journey

@snowflake56 sweet relief!

@EmmaTaylor I have not heard or read anything about the vaccines causing blood clots. And I have been keeping track and poring over all the scientific evidence on the virus and the vaccine. Please be careful about where you get your Covid vaccine information from, there is an active disinformation campaign to discourage people from getting them.

@northgeorgia …and the Lola and Wesley saga continues

@stitchincarol love spaghetti squash

@nuno congratulations! That’s a heavy lift

@northerndawn yay for the whoosh!

@ccco glad you received it and love it!

have a great weekend everyone🎈🎈🎈

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56
    @dvw
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco

Day 12 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all! Think the wifi is sorted… 🤞… it’s been a palaver for a good few months now… but hoping it’s sorted now 👍
    It really does mess with your stress levels particularly when you are working from home full time..
    I’ve had a good week food wise but have not had as much energy for exercise as I usually do..
    Happy with the reading on the scales today 😁 but home with mum this weekend and it’s a bit of a danger sugar zone 👀.

Happy anniversary @daffodil2010! 🥂 💕Interesting to see you bought the scales @basyjames recommended!! I looked on Amazon.de but had no luck…
    Well done @basyjames on the 2lb loss 👏
    And @i-hate-lettuce good on you too on the loss!
    @dvw I am impressed with 3 FDs! It’s only a matter of a little time before you will see results given your efforts…
    @snowflake56 great news on your hubby’s negative test… it is such a worry! Very relieved for you!
    @michelinme I love beetroot and actually hope to grow some in the garden this year… I’m a very lazy gardener … planting the seeds as directed on the pack and just hoping they’ll appear later in the year 😂. On clearer brains I was listening to radio here today where they were discussing brain fog… for me diet hugely affects my focus, concentration etc as do the auto immune conditions I have and also hormonal changes… but if I eat clean and reduce sugar life is so much clearer for me… I fall off the wagon a lot though 😂

Wow @nuno -great long fast 👍
    Well done on OMAD @emmataylor – I’m not great at OMAD… did try it a few times but ended up going WFD instead as it tends to wake my appetite.

@ccco fair play to you! We have to be so vigilant these days… I’ve very nearly been caught a few times… the last one was claiming to be dhl with a delivery.. I spotted that the senders address was slightly off and sent a screen shot on to DHL letting them know.. scammers are so sophisticated these days…
    @northerndawn – bravo to you 👏👏 that is a great achievement!
    @stitchincarol – I must read back re: your hypnosis … I’m interested in that and have always wondered if I might try it… glad to hear you are well.
    Just realised..It’s a year since I was last in an aeroplane… this time last year I was stressing about getting back from my ski holiday in ma belle France 🇫🇷. I used to fly once/twice a month as my man lives in the uk… Goodness, how much has changed in those 12 months … we have had a lot of loss but a lot of positives too…having said that.. let’s hope for better much happier times soon for us all. 🤞🙏

Have a good weekend all.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 13, NFD, Aus

I had the most wonderful long night’s sleep last night. The first in ages and I feel so fabulous today!

If brainwashing works, keep at it @EmmaTaylor!

You’re doing really well @toady.

I think your post returned @fivetwofan.

Spaghetti squash! Wow, I haven’t had one of those in decades!! They’re such fun.

Glad to hear your wifi is sorted, @Jaifam. Our work building and surrounds lost power on Thursday and we all went home, being now well practice in working from home!

Sorry I’m not commenting on everyone’s posts but I’m thinking of you all and celebrating in your successes, whether that’s a loss on the scale, a new scale arriving in the post, or a fab new bedroom to enjoy!

Day 12 – NSW, AU – CFD

Managed a 21 hour fast til 12:30 cause I was busy at work… I WAS heading for a FD800, that was until I got home and the wholewheat rolls and peanut butter started calling too loudly to ignore. So again 1000-1100 calories for the day, but according to the scales haven’t gained anything so that’s a good thing. Probably going to have NFD for the weekend but we’ll see what happens.

Day 13. U.K. NFD

Hooray – non fast days are here! Two days of not fasting – I can’t wait!

@northerndawn – yay to you for taking A Recovery Day! And massive yay for the healthy BMI! 😊

@snowflake56 – well my post did reappear you’re right!
    So glad re your DH negative test too!

@stitchincarol – great news re the hypnosis!

@nuno – a back to back !! Well done! Respect!!

Good luck to anyone fasting today 🤞

Second post

@emma Taylor
    Yes so often my intentions are thwarted by DHs very kind intentions! I think it’s a general theme on this thread isn’t it?! And done with the most wonderful generosity of heart…

And isn’t alcohol such a tricky one? Campari…. is that on the rocks?

@northerndawn – congrats on your whoosh!!!

Day 13 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weekend, ridiculous isn’t it, we’re both retired but still look forward to weekend! Mind you under ‘normal’ circumstances weekdays would tend to be busy, weekends are ours.

I may have mentioned the rugby is on again this weekend, so that’s me sorted, a quick trip to top up the shopping, a walk thrown in between the showers, the beer and rugby.

Started more jobs in garden this last week, helping neighbour with overhanging tree, a lot of moss to rake out of the lawn, but I don’t worry too much about the lawns being raked clean, the birds use a lot for nesting material.

@northerndawn – that’s a nice steady loss over the last few weeks, doesn’t half give you encouragement!

@mitchelinme – Is that the sound of a returning mojo in your last post?

Take care all

Day 13, Emden Germany, NFD

In a Dutch TV programm we just saw the most beautiful house and interior ever seen on this programm so today we’re going to move a bit of furniture and get other decorations out.

@nuno I never managed to do such a long fast, well done!

@stitchincarol I really like your approach on hypnosis and it seems to work for you.

@northerndawn What color did you paint your bedroom? I don’t believe in calming colors, we had all different colors on the wall. At the moment we have yellow. I tried to do the 800 cals version but found out, it was not for me, I got to hungry and quite grumpy. I’m trying out alternate day fasting but have to see how effective it is.

@basyjames, @jaifaim and @fivetwofan5252 Thanks, as he was convinced his test would be negative, I went into panic mode. He was a bit annoyed by that.

@fivetwofan5252 Isn’t it stange that posts turn up so much later. How do you manage your low elektrolytes?

@i-hate-lettuce We have more moss than grass in the garden but I like the softness. In summer we play a lot of badminton so the soft surface is better.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 13 OMAD London

@fivetwofan5252 – Campari, lots of soda, lots of rocks, but alcohol nonetheless. I think it was when I first came on this forum when I gave up alcohol for two years. Fasting worked somewhat better then…. but I think I will have to count calories from now on. Never my favourite thing. It’s so boring.

Day 13 UK NFD

Good week , weight slooooowly moving in the right direction No carb restrictions for me this weekend Having a few treats and going to enjoy in the knowledge I’ll be fasting Monday it will be the mid month marker and I intend meet my end of month targets 💪

Got to dash have a lot to get done before I can settle down for an afternoon of Rugby

Have a good one all x

Day 13 – Canada – NFD

Congratulations to everybody on your success. Love hearing your stories. Hopefully by the end of the month I’ll meet my goal. It seems 3 FDs is what’s needed for me to see even minor losses. Just 6 pounds to goal. Take care all.

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’m doing pretty well. Maintenance fairly normal. Yeah.

My local newspaper has an advice columnist who can be interesting. Today, she puts out this as advice about Lenten fasting attributed to Pope Francis. That reminded me so much of our group. Hopefully this won’t offend:

“Do you want to fast this Lent?

“Fast from hurting words and say kind words.

“Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.

“Fast from anger and be filled with patience.

“Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.

“Fast from worries and have trust in God.

“Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.

“Fast from pressures and be prayerful.

“Fast from bitterness and fill your heart with joy.

“Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.

“Fast from grudges and be reconciled.

“Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.”

Onward and downward.

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Yesterday was a CD, but I’m thinking my calories for the day were far lower since supper calories (shrimp with cocktail sauce and some frozen [and thawed, of course] Aldi sushi rolls only came to about 365 calories. The scale rewarded me by going up only six-tenths of a pound. Today’s plan is to accomplish my long to-do list, which should keep me busy enough to get the burned calories a bit higher than normal, to have an apple for an afternoon snack, and then to finish off the spaghetti squash with the marinara sauce on top, for total calories of around 600-700, or perhaps less, depending on how much parmesan I add. 😉 Then I’ll be set for the indulgence of Sunday!

@jaifaim Have a lovely time with your mom this weekend, and I hope you can swerve the sugar more than you succumb! I feel for you that your man is so far away; how long’s it been since you saw him?

@penz A “wonderful long night’s sleep” is just the best way to make a day glorious, isn’t it? I hope you have another tonight!

@snowflake56 How fun to have been inspired by a TV show to do some rearranging and “topping off” with decorations! Our little parsonage is so tiny that there’s not a single room that can ever be rearranged, because there’s only one way for the furniture to fit. There’s one exception, and I take full advantage of it: our dining room table can either be parallel to the wall with the window, or it can be perpendicular to it, so I take full advantage of that, and swivel the table on a regular basis just to provide some change! 😂🤣😂🤣 So have fun rearranging, and don’t forget to be thankful that you CAN rearrange, LOL! Oh, and yes, I think the hypnosis is the reason I’m finally losing weight again, with full mojo, and I’m so thankful I decided to go for it!

@emmataylor Yeah, counting calories more carefully than a vague mental notion is extremely tedious to me as well. I always figure that’s the point of 5:2, is to be free from the need to count calories. Unfortunately, NFDs are so very tempting to overindulge and counting calories becomes crucial. I should point out the other reason I’m losing weight again finally has to be connected to the fact I’ve had no alcohol for two weeks now.

@i-hate-lettuce @brightonbelle @at (did I miss anyone) Have a grand time with your rugby this weekend!

@dvw I imagine reaching goal feels like it’s miles away since the last pounds are always the toughest, but I’m certain you’ll get there, and then what a HUGE celebration of joy you’ll have!

Oh, @songbirdme, that list of ways to fast is wonderful, and worth printing out and sticking on our fridges. That list describes this forum beautifully; just think how much lovelier this world would be if everyone were to follow that approach to fasting. Thanks for sharing.

Okay, off to my massive to-do list. Among other things, I’m baking again today, two desserts for coffee hour at church and orange rolls for our brunch tomorrow, so lots of temptations to keep my sticky fingers out of!!! 😜 Wish me luck, eh?

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Grr.. Well, did a re-weigh in after ZBC and dipped down enough to register 226 lbs. Patience, patience… haha

Have a great weekend, all.

USA. Day 13. FD800

I’ve been very happy with my new scale and all the info it is giving me. BasyJames, I had one problem with the scale, though. Today, I weighed myself again for fun! LOL. However, the scale gave me only my weight and no other info. Strangely, I noticed the scale didn’t change it’s date from yesterday, which I thought would automatically happen. I changed the date manually. I can’t figure why I had to do that. I am not the best with technology, so if you have a bit of advice for me, it would much appreciated! 🙂

Stitchincarol, I think that the hypnosis is working is marvelous.

Snowflake56, I think that decorating your house is marvelous. I have such plans myself but they got postponed by the pandemic. Now that I have my first vaccine dose, my thoughts are returning to those possibilities. I am eager to get started. Also, glad to hear your husband’s test was negative. What a relief!

Congratulations on everyone’s losses! I am hoping dropping the wine will continue to help me to join you in those losses! 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 495 total)

You must be logged in to reply.