1st week!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

I have just finished my first week and have lost 2.1 kilos that 4.6 pounds. I still have 58 kilos to loose but I really needed this lost because for over a year and a half I have felt that I had lost all hope in losing weight. Thank you 5.2 for coming into my life!

Well done thats a fab result. I am on my 2nd fast day today so hoping for good results. Did you weight yourself a full 7 days after you started or after your 2nd FD? I would be thrilled to loose that much so fingers crossed!

Anonymous

I am emotional person so I weigh myself the morning after my 2nd fast day… This way I feel it should consistently be positive I hope! I weighed myself on Sunday and did my fast days on Monday and Wednesday (to get them out of the way) I also went to the gym on those days as well. I will now only weigh myself on Thursday mornings.

On my off days I am keeping an eye on my calories to make sure I don’t go over 2000.

I do weigh a lot more than most people on this web site so I was always expected to have a high lost for my first week. But If you stick to what they say I have no doubt that you will get a good result!

Big well done Whylily!

you are doing great, and don’t forget those ever important measurements too!!

🙂

PoshBird01 well done too on second fast, it’ll get easier as you go along,and watch those numbers go down 🙂

Thanks Angie and Whylily. My problem seems to be eating on NFD. I have worked out i can have 2000 cals approx (I have approx 3 stone to loose….getting married next year:) )but cant get my head around that much food.I am eating much more fruit and veg and still seem to have calories over but finding it hard to allow myself to use these up. I want them its just my head saying no . My weakness is carbs but i am trying to keep these to a minium. Do i need to be doing that on NF days? Any advise gratefully received 🙂

Hey Posh bird, you can enjoy your carbs on your non fast days. Be pretty tough on yourself on the fasting days but the rest of the week you can relax. That is the beauty of this way of eating.

Hi there PoshBird01

re the carbs, this one is a dark horse lol, I try to keep mine to a minimum, not easy as I love them 🙂 I am a pasta girl 🙂 I would say try and keep yours to a minimum if you can during feed days at least till you reach your goal,2000 cals seems a heck of a lot to go through !! if you cant use all then don’t worry, I don’t think I use all of mine, ever, and I have been doing this since last july…

you are doing great anyway, so hang in there, it’ll get easier in the long run, I promise 🙂

Bread is my weakness so going to try and just have 2 slices wholemeal a day. i worked out my cals using the TDEE and i do need to loose quite a lot about 3 stone i guess so this allowance will come down as time goes by. Great incentive getting married and just look at wedding dresses online keeps you strong !! Thanks for the support and advice.

Angie how much weight have you lost since you started? do you do your fast days back to back or with a split?

Hi again PoshBird01!

yes planning your wedding will keep you focused and on track, what better incentive!!
    I started in July 2013 at 9st 13 and now 9,5, its been very slow but am ok with that, ideally I would like to go under the 9 st mark but we’ll see, I really go my my clothes and as long as they feel good, then all is well lol!!

I cant do back to back fasts grrrr, I do Tuesdays and Fridays, but as you know we can swap and change as we need to, how about you, which days do you do? I applaude fasters who do back to back as I cant!!!

you will get there, you have the right positive attitude and that will keep you motivated always, you go girl!! 🙂

Oh Angie you are soooooo tiny anyway. I was last that weight when i was 21 (i am 50 now) so all a bit more difficult to loose weight. I am doing Mon and Thurs as my fast days and to be honest as i know im not eating until dinner (i save them up) its almost easier cos i dont have to think about it, just drinking loads of water which is quite hard. All excited now!!

Awww PoshBird01 thank you lol!

I am only 5’2, 48 and so quite short and cant afford any surplus weight, us shorties cant get away with it like taller people!!!

well done for saving all your cals till dinner, I wish I was strong enough to do that grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

keep at it hun, its the best!! 🙂

Hi all, Im also on my second fast day today.
    Ive been finding it ok but im worried that if i dont see any results when i weigh in at the end of the 1st week that I might lose motivation. Does everyone lose weight during their 1st week?

hi Helen

well done on your second fast 🙂 please please do not loose heart if don’t loose after the first week, its pretty common and I for one did not loose for a few weeks, but it WILL happen, just keep at it, and measure yourself too, it’ll give you the motivation you may need…
    good luck! 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.