1 stone loss in under 4 weeks but confused!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
1 stone loss in under 4 weeks but confused!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello Everyone im a 28 year old female and been doing 5:2 for nearly 4 weeks, since starting i have lost a stone (14lb). Im obviously thrilled but am a bit curious why i have lost this much when others arnt. Im not doing anything special i stay below my TDEE on eat days and under 500cals in my 2 fast days. I understand that weightloss will slow i done my research before starting and was more than prepared and would of been happy with 1lb a week. I had no unrealistic expectations and im loving this way of life. I also know that the bigger you are the more you will lose but i started out slightly overweight and my goal is to lose around 30lbs. Yet after 4 weeks im almost halfway to my goal. My time limit to lose this was 6 months. So anyway i wanted to ask some more experienced 5:2ers if they could shed any light on how i have lost almost double the amount of weight in this time than some others?? I have read on some forums and seen some comments of people losing 7lbs in a month. Why am i different???

AGE IS A BIG FACTOR!! What age are you? A post menopausal woman like me will loose more slowly than a young wan!! Also, many people have damaged their body through years of yo yo dieting. Their thyroid wont work properly, their liver wont work properly etc. They have become insulin resistant. Maybe you are young and healthy? If so, your metabolic rate will be healthy also.

OH and well done !! Ha ha!!

Hi Kindle thanks for the reply. Im 28 so i think your right about metabolism. I just wanted to know because i wasnt expecting this much weight loss so soon.

I have just got to the end of my first month and I have lost just over a stone – on my first week I lost 8lbs and I am now steadily loosing 2 -3 lbs a week.

I wish I could loose more quickly, but looking at other stories it makes me realise how lucky I am that my body is working with me.

I am 46 but post menopausal due to surgery I had this past June. I have been doing 5-2 for about 4 weeks and lost somewhere between 4 and 5 pounds…not very much, but I really only have ideally 10 mor pounds to go so maybe that’s a contrubuting factor? I really want this to work and be my lifestyle!!!! 🙂 I’m sick of yo-yo’s…

Hi desperate and welcome:

Please do not measure your progress against that of people posting higher, quicker losses.

The average weight loss of people on 5:2 over time (measured in months, not weeks) is about one pound a week. You are right on schedule. Those posting faster initial progress will slow down, and when they do their issue will be whether or not they quit because they are not losing as fast as they think they should.

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. Number four on TDEE will explain how much you can reasonably expect to lose over time.

Good Luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.