Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,751 through 9,800 (of 16,657 total)

• Amazon you make your own luck! Your dinner sounds yum, I need to brush my teeth and get to bed! I make a stack of coleslaw (cabbage, carrot, finely sliced onion, red capsicum and apple, few chopped nuts and even some sultanas – love them when they swell up!) and it keeps well (undressed) in an airtight container for 3-4 days. The flavours really mingle too. I am now feeling very peckish after an energetic FD, but finding it much less tempting to nibble by following 19/5 – mindgames? I hope it lasts, I am sure its the nibbling that undermines all my other efforts!

Good evening my wise and helpful friends,

I have ordered a new mattress, memory foam top, thank you all for your opinions. Barata- You have reminded me that I slept in a water bed for a week once, can’t remember where, it was very comfortable. Bit risky in an upstairs flat I think especially if there is an Earthquake again. Be like being on a boat in a storm I imagine. Apologies ref. the birthday mix up, I wrote the question for you but just added it to the wrong section. A senior moment of which there are many now I am drugged up to the eyeballs.

Amazon- you are good at cooking variety of dishes, I am so lazy by comparison. Fish and veg and soup with an occasional jacket potato. But then I am rarely home these days. I play bowls most days now, either practice or a match and sometimes both. I have a new friend, a ‘widower’, he is very keen to improve his bowling to get to match standard, so we meet up most days. We are enjoying each other’s company.

Smiffy- don’t jump to any conclusions, not boyfriend, just nice guy friend. We are both content with single status thanks. Sounds like you too are having a rough time. Get lots if sleep honey, best cure. Plus a cuddle fro OH and cute doggies. Miss you lots, when are you off to Wales? I will be in Birmingham 6 th remember but I think you said you will be away, if not we could meet!

Amazon- I don’t think I can make Scotland until August, just too busy.

I am going to try sleeping without pain killers tonight, really tired, even fell asleep in the chair in front of the TV at my daughters. She cooked me a very fattening sausage and mash because she is worried about my health or lack of it. It was really good but I am very, very full now, it was supposed to be a fast day.

Thanks Ply, I will order the tea, sounds great. I will be in San Fransisco next March, my son is moving out there for one year. Closest I can get I am afraid.

Nama,

I have to admit the chickens do come inside! We had one, sadly now deceased, that was bottom of the pecking order and had no friends. She used to fly out of the hen run daily and pootle around in the garden, coming inside if the back door was open. And poorly girls in need of tlc come in too!

Re: nesting house martins. I would leave them anyway, despite the inconvenience, but it would be an offence to disturb them. Nesting birds, their eggs and nests are protected by law in the UK. Unfortunately too few people know, and many that know don’t care.

Jojo,

I have a memory foam mattress also. Sooo comfy, although I sometimes wake up stiff because I’ve slept flat on my back all night ๐Ÿ™‚ Unfortunately it’s spoilt me for all other beds and I rarely sleep well on anything else now…

All the best for a pain free restful night.

HI all,

I am up early! I dont use an alarm clock unless I have to be somewhere, but always wake early if I have a busy day. All the kids here for dinner tonight, so an extra effort in the kitchen, including a lemon delicious pudding which everyone loves. The lemon tree is groaning so I need to use some! Also leaving for Jamieson early tomorrow, so need to organise myself!

Happy you made me chuckle, love the picture of you sharing your morning cuppa with a depressed chicken!
    Jojo, great news re the mattress. It won’t fix your hip or knees, but should really help if you are due for a new one. Glad you have a distraction at bowls apart from the sausage rolls!

I am tentatively excited re results with 19/5 in addition to 4:3, weight appears to be shifting again at last. I think I am the sort of person that needs firm rules! I am down exactly 18kg today, another PB! It IS hard for me sometimes to keep to the 5 hr window, but so worth it if I get results. Evenings are the hardest but I am hoping it will become a new (good) habit not to snack then.

Have a lovely day, evening or morning, whatever xx

Good evening/morning all

Woohoo Jojo! No I’m not jumping to conclusions, just happy that you have a nice male friend. I’m so pleased. Though I would say that that is how OH became OH……….!! Maybe that new mattress is arriving at an appropriate time… haha! I’m still hoping we will be in Wales by the end of next week but will let you know if we are still here on the 6th. Would be lovely to meet up.

Happy – yes I was aware that disturbing nesting birds is illegal but wouldn’t have dreamt of it I. Any event. However disaster struck today and we think they have all been taken by a sparrow hawk. We are so upset. House martins have been nesting in our stable block for years without any problem. Bloody birds of prey – we have buzzards around here too.

In an attempt to try anything for a peaceful night without coughing we are trying an old wives remedy, which apparently our builder’s parents swear by – putting Vick vapour rub on the soles of our feet and then putting socks on top! Anyone else heard of that? I’ll let you know in the morning how effective it was, but at least it has given us a bit of a giggle tonight!

Night all. Sweet dreams

Smiffy x

Hi Everyone,
    Thank you RT for posting the book and website, I have been busy reading it.
    Only 3 more days left till vacation and then I can post more, so my appoligies to everyone.
    Jo jo remember I told you my husband has four crushed vertebra, the doctor ordered a foam matress for him and we love it. It helps him sleep better.
    Also, for constipation.. a natural remedy is 1 tbs of olive oil with 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar. It seem to work for me, and to drink plain hot water. The smooth move tea is good too, but on a day I plan to be home.
    Thank you for being here.

Good morning my fast tracking friends,
    Hooray slept 9 hours without the pills, so happy. Today I will try to manage without them too as my stomach is really not happy. My system shuts down my energy levels vanish when I have taken too many painkillers. Guest most people are the same.

Well it seems memory foam mattresses are very popular, I can’t wait for mine to arrive. I did have a thin topper version but it doesn’t really do the trick.

Off to the health food shop and Chemist for heat anti inflamatory patches and tea. It seems we solve our own health problems on this thread, it’s great.

I used to have ‘house martins’ nesting in my eves in house every year, they made a terrible mess of my windows. Their nests are made up of poo cement and mud. I used to wait until the fledgelings had left then knock off the nests to discourage them from returning. But they and their babies returned each year for about 10 years. It became a household chore clearing up after them. About 10 nests eventually and really noisy early mornings. Then it just stopped, no idea why, just vanished, probably headed for warmer climes. Miss the birds but nice to be able to see through the windows. I didn’t know it was illegal but it makes sense not to disturb nesting birds, live and let live, good neighbours policy.

No weighing today, too depressing, I will wait a week, medicine free hopefully.

I too love blue and yellow planting best, especially lobelia and Ceonothus, pansies, Daisy’s and primroses. Off to do some watering now, seems a nice day, rain due tomorrow. I may buy some fuchsias today and transplant my camellias, they need more room. Plants that don’t enjoy the salty air don’t survive long here which is a shame. Geraniums and poppies do well though. I would love to get Peony established, any tricks guys?

Fasting today, good luck everyone, let’s make a real effort for an end of May target. Have some fun, keep moving. Remember ‘Kitchen pickers wear bigger knickers’

Morning/evening all.

Another lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

We had house martins nesting every year in the eaves of my childhood home. There was never any mess. My Mum used to watch out for the first pair to arrive and when the last birds left, she would declare summer over.
    I think birds of prey are beautiful creatures and if there were none there would be far too many other birds and small mammals. Balance of nature.

OK Jojo, I have other reasons for a trip to Scotland so I might go ahead and organise it and I’ll let you know when, and if your plans change you can join me.

I would not be able to stick with this WOE if I didn’t have a lot of variation in my diet, as I would become bored, and how else do we ensure that we get all the vitamins and other nutrients that we need?
    I eat much less potato, rice, pasta, bread and many more vegetables now, and I ate plenty before. I also eat much less meat but more fish, cheese, eggs and pulses. I wasn’t eating enough fresh fruit and have made a conscious effort to include it more often which isn’t difficult at this time of year.

My little garden is looking gorgeous at the moment and the area at the front of the house is looking good too apart from the ailing grass that either a fox or a cat decided to dig up, grr!
    If it doesn’t rain soon I’ll have to water everything and I’ve already done that last week, very unusual for this time of the year.
    I’m having a day at home today as I need to catch up on a few things and don’t want to allow my enthusiasm at the gym to cause any more injuries.

Have a good one especially if you are fasting ๐Ÿ˜›

Good morning/evening all

Unfortunately I think the balance of nature has already been upset – by ushumans – but don’t get me started on that!

Fortunately I have spotted a couple of house martins this morning. Maybe they evacuated temporarily until the danger had passed!

I agree birds of prey are very beautiful. We have a Birds of Prey Visitors’ Centre near here which is fascinating. It has everything from owls to hawks and eagles, and they put on displays which are wonderful to watch. I just don’t want them upsetting the birds in my back yard!

I’m pleased to report the Vick remedy worked! A peaceful night with no coughing – not too surprising for me as I am hopefully nearing the end (of the illness! Lol!) but OH is still in the throes and it was a great relief for him. Highly recommended!

Have a good one all

Smiffy x

The Vick remedy kept your feet toasty warm and released its vapours to help you breathe easier. A perfect solution and what you both needed ๐Ÿ˜›

As children if we had a cold we got a Vick chest rub and Vaseline on our sore noses before we went to bed!

There has been a lot of talk about a good nights sleep on this thread recently. It is so important and something that can sometimes be taken for granted until it doesn’t happen. I find it fascinating that our bodies can be so invigorated by doing nothing for several hours.

Good Morning All!

Jojo…so pleased that you were able to have a good sleep with no pain killers. Hope the trend continues & also that the new mattress helps.

My sleep has not been up to par lately and neither has the husband’s. I think the warm nights are disrupting our sleep. We have been running a fan to bring cool(?) air into the room, but sometimes it just doesn’t do the trick.

Fasting here today, well, my modified version of a fast. I allow 800 calories on a fast day if I have done my boot camp workout. I’m actually focusing more on fitness and if I lose weight, I lose. Done beating myself up about it. Cut the sugar and keep moving, that is my motto!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Jojo, glad to hear you finally got some good sleep. It makes all the difference for me.
    Smiffy, I had never heard about the Vicks on the feet remedy, and I am glad to hear it worked. I will definitely try it next time I have a cough!
    We still have 4 more weeks of school until summer vacation, Sarah. So many snow days this year! Enjoy your break in a few days.
    I have bitten the bullet and done 19:5 for the last two days after reading RTs materials. Been very busy at work, so it has been okay to put off eating until my window of 2pm to 7pm. Need to work out breaking the fast to be satisfied but still hungry again before 7, otherwise I am starving all night! Yesterday I had a big salad with grilled chicken at 2. I went to a retirement party from 4-6:30 where I had just a glass of wine. There was lots of food there, but I really was not hungry after my big salad. I got home a little after 7 so I didn’t eat anything, but I was pretty hungry until I went to bed.
    We are off early to my son’s graduation…very exciting day!!
    Happy gardening and fasting, all.

Have a great day ply ๐Ÿ˜›

Hi all,

Ply I am finding the 19/5 a bit of a challenge to get used to, but it has definitely gotten easier every day so I plan to stick with it for now. I have varied the times, but as I was busy today I didn’t eat at all til 5pm and now its only 9pm and I couldn’t eat a thing more! Admittedly not a fast day and did have a substantial meal with family over, but I find the 19 hr fast gets easier every day – I hope it lasts! It seems the less frequently we eat, our stomachs get used to being empty and the hunger just isn’t there. Time will tell! Have a wonderful time at your son’s graduation!

Jojo what do you think made the difference with your sleep? Was the pain less because you have not exercised as much? I do hope that is working. Interesting that Sarah’ s natural remedy for constipation includes olive oil. I think thats another benefit of more oil/fats in our diet, everything slides thru easier!

I love hearing all your stories about nesting birds. Nature is just amazing. This link is off the diet topic, but fascinating to see how man interfering with nature can have a profound effect:
    http://distractify.com/jason.mustian/how-wolves-change-rivers/ Its worth watching I think!

Enjoy all your gardening as we hunker down by the fire!
    Cheers xx

As well as the perceived health benefits I think 19/5 is a great tool for helping us to eliminate the snacking/nibbling habits that most of us are or have been susceptible to.
    I try not to eat before noon and succeed on most days, but I’m not going to worry too much so long as I don’t fall back into bad habits by eating between then and dinner. If I’m really hungry and have some fruit that is OK, and the occasional treat such as an ice cream is OK too, but cakes etc fall into the category of an occasional alternative to brunch. I fell foul of a large and calorific bag of salted roasted nuts yesterday. I shopped in an unfamiliar supermarket, found myself in the wrong aisle and in a moment of weakness put them in my basket. Once open, well you know the story…. Today is a strict day to compensate for the excess calories consumed yesterday.
    I used to be really bad at buying food when paying for fuel and eating it in the car but I’ve managed to cure myself of that by placing purchases in the boot.
    I am planning on a B2B fasting weekend which if all goes well should be the final step to getting back on track.

Thanks for the explanation Amazon. We also had Vick rubbed on our chests when we were children and it certainly helped with breathing, but I never knew it helped coughs – especially from the other end of the body!

I ventured out to do some shopping today – the first time for 10 days and we were getting a bit desperate for a few things. Feeling pretty exhausted now though. To rub salt into the wound, we were due to attend a Volvo hospitality event at Cirencester Park this afternoon with friends, which involved watching a polo match, drinks and canapรฉs. It all sounded very civilised, but really not up to it. Sod’s law!

I’m not fasting at the moment but I weighed this morning and have stayed the same, so not worried. I will tighten up once I’ve recovered a bit more from this horrible bug.

Smiffy, always a good idea to practice maintenance if you get the chance ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good evening All,
    Well it’s all good news on the thread today.

Ply has her son’s graduation, a very special time.
    Smiffy and hubby tried the Vicky feet treat and got a good nights sleep.
    Amazon is back on back to back track- good luck friend.
    Nama, queen of the pool is now beating the 19/5 quest.
    Lori-PA is beating sugar craving and chilling her bedroom.
    I am off pain killers, eating fatty food in small quantities to help my body heal itself and I think it may be working as now off pain killers since lunchtime yesterday, whoo hoo!
    And I played bowls this morning, seriously good performance, great win.

I am sure Nicky F, Weemam and Bayleaf are doing great too – professional Fasters.

If only Samm returned life would be perfect, well almost perfect- my getting to goal would be perfect.

Have a great Friday everyone, we are cooking on gas

So much for a strict day. It’s been more like see food and eat it day.
    Oh well as Scarlett O’Hara once said, tomorrow is another day…….

Jojo,

Don’t forget Purple in your list of professional fasters! Presumably fasting her way round North America as we speak, dodging supersize everything!

Amazon,

I now picture you pouting and flouncing and wearing clothes made from curtains… ๐Ÿ™‚

Fast Trackers,

Indeed very nice to hear that everyone it’s doing well and the stars are getting to get aligned here. Very well put by Jojo and soon back to the losing track business.

Today we woke up at 5 am! Obviously my sleep it’s like the caveman, seldom deep but the reason was the birds were really loud. We, too had a nest of Robin which I was carefully watching their activities since eggs to the day the whole entire family abandoned their cute home last Saturday. Not important the noise but my magnesium parcel never arrived. It helps me with sleep and regularity. Regardless of the noise I was in a good mood because of day fasting number Four.

I am assuming that 19/5 means a straight 19 hours without food (fasting) until your next meal and 5 will close the 24 hour cycle (?). I will get the book no matter what because I think it is worth to have 500 calories recipes to spread out the amount of food through out the non fasting days. In this case, I am training myself to do this deeper lever at some point.

For breakfast I had coffee and a little almond milk, lunch around 1pm and so expected dinner around 5pm. The day went nice and smooth. No “hanger” (hungry and angry), head aches or else. Reminded myself of the water because of regularity and here the day it’s gone. I will weight myself on 06/12 … this way I am surprising myself and not going off track counting on the next FD. Practicing discipline and less scale anxiety and my FD week it’s over.

I hope everything is Okay with Samm!

xoxoxo
    B

Hi everyone

Good news on most fronts from our mob of professional fast-trackers – well done all.

Good to hear from you Lori. Ply, such a proud moment when one of our offspring achieves something desired. Smiffy, we too had Vicks on our chests as children, foot application something to try. Jojo, good to hear your pain seems to be settling. Sorry, no time to mention others’ by name. Time to get moving and do the shopping.

Snap Amazon wrt to ‘seafood’ day yesterday. Went OK while at TAFE. Home about 4pm and still oK until time to get dinner … Mushroom and spring onion omelette (3 eggs total, 1/3 for me) then generously sampled cheese, leek and potato soup from pot sitting on the stove, ate scrag end of cheddar block from which had grated over OH’s portion of omelette. After dinner, most unusually for me, felt peckish/needing salt and had a couple of handfuls of salted roast cashews. This morning’s weigh in demonstrated clearly that this was a maintenance week. Only consolation was that Mon-Thu I achieved slightly better than the discussed 19:5, not eating until 3pm then dinner finished no later than 7.30pm. Refocussing for next week which will be better planned. Free-form is no good for me.

Take care all and keep up the good work. Thank you all for your posts – so good to read of everyone’s doings. Much more fun than childhood penfriends. n xxx

Ok, so I am awake and reading, two good nights sleep was too much to hope for I guess. Taken two pain killers and reading my book until they take effect.

Health CB -19/5 is restricted eating hours of five hours per day. You can do this both fast and non fast days when you get used to it. I usually have a thick soup for one meal( home made vegetarian or chicken) fish and med veg stir fry or salad with peppers and egg. I eat very little meat, cheese, bread, rice or pasta- treat when out to dinner only. I move my five hour eating window around weekends it’s early(7 am 12 ish) weekdays usually later 1 pm/ 6 pm ish but can vary by an hour. Obviously drinks are copious during the day but limited in the evening so as not to disturb sleep. I used to be a very good sleeper, eight hours every night. Those days have gone sadly but I hope they will return soon. 19/5 May be harsh for relatively new Fasters but I find it really easy now after 18 months of fasting. The key is lots of different types of drinks. Also I have an apple or orange if I am tempted to snack. We all get tempted at times. Cereal is a real temptation for me, I love it, fruit and fibre- yum.
    NickyF- that soup sounds fab. I just finished my spicey squash and potato soup today so I may buy some chicken to make broth.
    Happy- you are quite correct, I just mentioned people that had posted in the last day. Good wishes to RT and Purple from my cosy bed. Hope you are both having fun.
    Amazon- my plans keep getting disrupted at the moment too. Ended up at the cinema this afternoon to see a movie called ‘Perfect Pitch 2’, my daughter dragged me along. But it was quite funny and very upbeat, a teenager movie really, but I enjoyed the singing. It’s about American A Capella groups. There are some hilarious characters in it, best being ‘Fat Amy’ who is an Australian- she is a wild child for sure. But at least I didn’t eat any cinema food, not even a ‘Ben and Jerrys’ ice cream.
    Time for some shut eye, hopefully.
    Good night all

Hi Everyone,
    Jo-jo, no pain killers and you slept, you are feeling better:)
    I have been trying 19/5 and began reading the book and I did watch the video. I did pretty good today, but I am hungry. I am thinking it is emotional because tomorrow is the last day of work, my husband has been working 15 hour days, and his kitten is keeping me up at night. I am going to bed now, before I put another thing in my mouth.
    Take care everyone and smell those beautiful flowers for me.

Morning/Evening
    A glorious spring day here. The garden is full of irises and roses. Today the tomatoes will be happy. I guess Kew gardens are beautiful at the moment, Amazon.
    The 19:5 4:3 is going well. I am sticking to the green tea/black coffee/fizzy water rรฉgime for 19 hours and yes, Nama, it is not difficult. Like you, Nama, I change the time of breaking the fast, but recently, I have managed to get to 5pm. The TED film was great to watch, RT007. Hope OH and Dad are on the mend, Wee.
    I have lost all the grams gained in Lisbon with those yummy custard tarts. This week I will reach the magic < 30 BMI. We are off to Italy in just over 2 weeks and I want to stay under that.
    Smiffy, hope you get better soon. JoJo, too, I hope your pains get better. As Barata said, Wellington is a challenging city.

My legal wrangles are just beginning, but in fact I feel quite detached.
    My little grandson (10 months) may have cystic fibrosis. We are waiting for a diagnosis. Poor wee mite, this would be a tragedy. he tested negative at birth, but is not gaining weight as he should and is wheezy. All other concerns fade into insignificance against this.

Wiwi

i desperately want to lose my weight, i have around 7 stone to lose so every other week i too will do 4:3 plan, i’ll let u know how i get on xx

Hi Sarah103 which book are you reading ???

Afternoon all.
    Wiwi, fingers crossed that it is something that can be solved that is causing your grandsons problems. It must be a huge worry, and things like this put everything else in perspective Smiley

A miserable wet day here which has come at the right time as the garden needed watering.

I’ve just had a good morning at the gym followed by a nice relaxing swim.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Welcome Sarah103, Sarah 7536 and Vicky,
    It’s great have some new posters on the thread. Vicky prepare yourself as losing 7 stone is a huge achievement, I am 5 stone down and Weemam 6 stone down, it will take a good while to achieve success and you will find you need to give up most of your previous eating routines. But it can be done. I still have three stone to go and am running out of time to me deadline at the end of Sept, preferably earlier. Join us. Most importantly record what you eat on fast days and limit non fast days to healthy eating only. Drink lots or you will find the going unpleasant.
    Good Luck to you all.

Thanks, Amazon, for your kind words.

Busy place as usual!

Happy to report that I’m down 3 lbs since Monday! Of course, most of it is “weekend fluff” gained last weekend while at my sister’s, but it’s still nice to see the number on the scale go down. I do feel thinner too, so I’m running with it!

I skipped boot camp this morning as when I got out of bed my arms and shoulders were so sore I could barely comb my hair. Ouch! I have to be ready to play golf 3 days in a row starting tomorrow, so I thought I’d better give the old body a rest today.

Have a lovely weekend all!

Wiwi,

Sorry to hear your grandson is not thriving at the moment. Hopefully it will not be CF. When will you know?

I hope you know we are all rooting for him (and you).

Hi Wiwi,

You seem to have enough worries for all of us at present, b/w the French marital laws and your grandson’s health. As you say though, an ill child puts everything else into perspective. I second Amazon and Happy, we are all thinking of you. The docs have to rule everything out, but lets hope his symptoms have other causes and you can all sigh a huge sigh of relief very soon. x

Hope all turns out well for your grandson, Wiwi!

Good morning all.

Wiwi, joining others in concern for your grandson’s health. Troubles seem to come in legions, as the old saying goes. Please feel free to ‘unload’ here when you can’t with your loved ones. We are ‘open’ round the clock. If positive vibes are of any use, they are coming by the truckload to you and your family.

n xxx

Morning All,
    Wiwi, I am so sorry to hear your news concerning your Grandson, I really hope it is not CF. Apologies for not sending a message earlier but I missed reading your last post. Love and best wishes to you and your family. I agree with everything said – health does put life priorities into focus. Cyber hugs honey.

I am out today to see my daughter fly a small aircraft at Redhill Airfield. She loves to do anything that involves danger, an adrenalin junky. Last time she did a flight the pilot did acrobatics with her on board because she has a ‘strong stomach’ for it. I get dizzy going up a ladder, crazy isn’t it? But I am looking forward to spending the day with family. Weather looks promising today too.

My weight is still not back to pre holiday level which is depressing ( still + 4 lbs) but I will keep plugging away at ADF and 19/5. Still relying on painkillers so not too confident of losing the extra pounds yet. Still trying different strategies to get comfort without them but not succeeding. It is going to be a very tough three months for me as I am trying to lose three stone in that time. I will give it every thing I have as that is all I can do but exercise will be very limited, focussing on swimming, bowls, kettlebell swinging and daily dog walk plus a two hour weekly health walk. No dancing or running. Not sure about yoga yet. Ultimately losing this weight will help my joints so it is a priority.
    Lori-PA- 3 lb is amazing be proud.
    Good luck to weekend Fasters.
    Ply – the photo was lovely.

Morning/evening all.

Another beautiful morning here, the wind has dropped and the sun is shining. I’m off to Kew Gardens later and am really looking forward to it as it is my first walk for several weeks.
    It is also the first day of B2B fasts.
    Wish me luck!

Well done to everyone who has lost weight, and if you haven’t just keep on trying, you know it’ll happen ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 and Hello World (You know Who Are) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Fly out of Rockhampton and temperature is 29 max and 17 min blue sky and sunshine this morning fly back into Mount Gambier to 12 max and 8 min today into heavy driving rain welcome home ๐Ÿ™„ Gee Nama who would of thought we would read 19/5 with a 4-3 and a 6km walk on your report card a few months ago? Not I itโ€™s fair to say ๐Ÿ˜‰ In fact you may of said no-way thatโ€™s not for me as it feels like I am dieting every day hmm No it is not easy like you say however it does get easier and it doesnโ€™t get any harder so when we do things that are good for us that are results driven rather than what make us feel good fat loss happens with 19/5 & 4-3 delivered a 1.1kg average weekly loss for me and I have full confidence for a new PB for you in the scales of truth on Tuesday this is the (OFBEM) Optimum Fat Burning Efficiency Model IMO. Jojo you are so right!! I donโ€™t find this a burden at all or a hassle but respect the fact that it will not suit everyone however that said the benefit is there and measurable. A routine is the doable here itโ€™s not so much what you eat (with-in reason TDEE max) but when you eat on the Non FD So is the window open or closed my mind picture is the school tuck shop window opens 100 screeching kids like (seagulls) converge for the feeding and the window is shut you have missed out ๐Ÿ˜ฅ very simple that is.
    AO I hope the rest and research is treating you well there is always a new angle or a new way of doing the same thing isnโ€™t there? Let us know if you have reworked a new and exciting strategy on your own study of one.
    Ply glad you got some good vibe from the fast-5 info it really does pull the whole IF regime together for me both FD & NFD and I hope the graduation was a memorable experience for everyone congratulations.
    In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.
    — Eva Burrows
    Wiwi thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜‰ hmm yes 007 indeed Daniel Craig 178cm is 47yo Sean Connery 189cm 84yo Pierce Brosnan 188cm is 62 Timothy Dalton 188cm 71 and Roger Moore 185cm is 87 which strangely enough is my name also Roger but I will only be 52 next birthday so I shamelessly align myself to Daniel Craig as he is 178cm tall you can see my thought process here Iโ€™m sure ๐Ÿ˜†
    I am so glad your sticking with the 19/5 and 4-3 itโ€™s the real deal and
    I send the power of positive thought for grandson hug and kiss xx
    Nicky I can tell you that Rocky is the beef capital of Australia and with good reason the people represent it from the clothes they wear to the cars they drive and the menus are amazing some hand written on an actual meat cleaver it is all the way up there and steaks are sold by weight 400g 600g and 1kg a time wow get out the front door ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I have scammed a snapshot menu for a Porterhouse only (as it was the cheapest) yeah right just for you from a little bar and grill called โ€œThe Barnโ€ thatโ€™s noice ๐Ÿ˜†
    PRIME AGED GRASS FED PORTERHOUSE
    Aged for 60 to 120 days, our thick cut sirloin is much
    sought after for its flavour and tenderness.
    400g
    $35.50
    600g
    $44.00
    may be cooked blue, rare,
    or medium rare only
    1kg New York
    $55.00
    may be cooked blue, rare
    or medium rare only

~
    S A U C E
    ~
    Brandied Green Peppercorn
    Creamy Garlic Prawn
    Classic Bรฉarnaise
    Mushroom, Bacon & Shiraz Jus
    Rich Red Wine Sauce
    Steak Diane Sauce

a little more than 66grams for the good Dr M ๐Ÿ˜† and the 100g for me so I did not indulge nor did I have time for much else really except a note in the diary to take the caravan up there at my leisure before I leave this world and enter the next. Your mushroom and spring onion 3 egg omelette yummy and a leek cheese and potato soup chaser ?? thatโ€™s seriously living the dream right there. Ok a
    Big match for my crow boys against the Dockers at home Adelaide Oval tonight all the best lads.
    The Senior Prenuptial Agreement

An elderly couple reaching their 70โ€™s are about to get married, but before they say their vows, the woman wanted to talk.
    She said: “I want to keep my house.”

He said: “That’s fine with me.”

She said: “I want to keep my Cadillac.”

He said: “That’s fine with me.”

She said: “And I want to have sex 6 times a week.”

He said: “Put me down for Saturdays.”

Have a groovy weekend every-one keep on keeping on and do whatโ€™s doable. And remember
    โ€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once startedโ€
    Peace RT

Hi all,

I am in a ‘scale-free zone’ (Jamieson) so havent weighed, but confident as I am now able to manage the 19/5. I guess its easier when a practiced faster. I ate b/w 4pm & 9pm yesterday then nothing til 5.30pm today (15mins ago, soup has never tasted so good). Although we went for a very long walk this morning, followed by a day gardening, I honestly haven’t struggled. I think being outside all day has really helped, the only time I felt mildly hungry was when my OH had breakfast and lunch. His poached egg did look rather good!

Amazon you will blitz your B2B I am sure, especially if you loiter in Kew Gardens! We watched an Aussie Gardening show last night which had a special on the Chelsea Garden Show, wow that would be wonderful to see in person. You must be enjoying the tennis at present with Andy doing so well.

Jojo your determination and positive outlook is wonderful,despite your frustration with your pain. You are brave watching your daughter in a plane, I fall apart if my kids do scary things! I guess your adrenaline will keep you going til its over… The amount of exercise you are planning still sounds huge to me, you must be very, very fit. But I agree, getting the weight off first has to be the main focus, especially to protect your joints. You will, remember how far you have come? Get out those fatty photos if you need a reminder!

Cheers to all xx

RT, I’ve flown in and out of Mount Gambier as once upon a time my Adelaide friends lived in Millicent for a few years.

Nama, walking will keep me occupied for a while and by the time I get home I can think about preparing my FD meal. I’m having roasted English asparagus with poached eggs and salad.
    I have a lot of chores waiting to be done so should be able to keep busy tomorrow.The forecast is not good but if it stays dry long enough, I’ll go walking again. If all goes well I intend to do the equivalent of ADF for a while but because I can’t cope with fasting on gym days I’ll do 3:4 followed by 4:3 so I can stick to fasting on Tu and Th. I don’t want to swap gym days around as I have more success if I have a rest day between workouts.

Chelsea flower show is something to do once and then watch on TV. It is very crowded so rather like playing sardines non stop for several hours and I’m not very good at crowds in anything other than small doses. I’ve been twice, the second time I took my grandma and she loved the gardens but was overwhelmed by the number of people and the crowding.
    Some of the gardens are stunning and others incomprehensible to me. I think they reached the reinventing the wheel stage a while back.

I am enjoying Andy’s success but I like other players too so there are several that I’m keeping my eye on. I’ve got tickets for two days at Queens which starts two weeks on Monday, and a ticket for one day of the Davis Cup QF between GB and France which is also at Queens a week after Wimbledon.
    It is a very busy part of the tennis calendar with two slams so close together so lots to watch ๐Ÿ˜›

RT (Mr Craig) our posts crossed – welcome home, glad you enjoyed your Northern sojourn! I never knew that about Rockhampton and beef. We will be there later this year, so I will def try some. Thanks for the menu, I think the large serves are ridiculous sorry! I have started buying my beef on line (very reasonably priced as bulk) from a small family farm in Victoria. Its grain fed, no hormones or chemicals and tastes amazing. Plus I get the benefit of supporting a small Aussie family business with no Big Supermarkets to be seen. How did your vegetarian self cope with such a big steak? Enjoy your game tonight. And thanks again for Bert’s book, has been very helpful. I AM a different person now!

Good Evening All,
    I have had a delightful day with my daughter and ex. We went to an airfield and she flew a light aircraft for 30 minutes. She did loop the loops and barrel rolls and didn’t bring up her lunch. In other words she really loved her Christmas present and is even more determined to get her licence some day. Good for her.
    Personally I prefer to be ground based.
    Afterwards we returned home and made typical ‘high tea’ scones with cream and jam and buttered toasted tea cakes. Not exactly a healthy tea but great for a special occasion. I announced that I did not want to be included in any restaurant or home dining for the next three months as I plan to stick to my fasting very strictly to aid my joint issues. They both agreed that it is definitely worth a try and they support my very anti social decision. We are going to meet up for other events though, walks, cards, mini golf, bowls, cinema, and shopping. Now I just need to tell all my friends the same thing.

Good for you Jojo! You go Girl.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 and Hello World (You know Who ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Amazon roasted English asparagus poached eggs and salad that is gourmet food right there we moved to Mount Gambier 12 months after we were married and often quipped it rained for 6 months of the year and dripped off the trees the other six months ๐Ÿ˜† Our eldest son was born in the Mount which is 100km form home now it is raining cats and dogs here this morning the rain water tap is running faster over the kitchen sink now I know that one ๐Ÿ˜‰ the plant I work at process 805 cattle a day Nama and the Rocky plant 1000 head a day thatโ€™s a lot of beef I like steak but 1kg seriously ?? I get a kilo of beef mince from our local butcher and that is frozen down into 10 x 100g packs no way would I even consider a kilo steak and $55 nup. We support our local butcher we have 3 in town plus woollies and Foodland but this one he put a friends son on as an apprentice and so we have always gone there and he still serves us and loves it.
    Crows wow surprised with their effort and determination certainly some continuous improvement and improved accuracy in front of goals is needed crikey 15 points with some shocking misses ๐Ÿ˜ณ and I yell out even I could of kicked that the family reply yeah whatever ๐Ÿ˜† but we will learn to get better no shame in going down by 11 points to the undefeated ladder leaders of course I will watch the replay next week.
    Jojo a good call a 3 month shutdown of ALL outside celebrations and dining will be the driver to the outcome I personally get dizzy reading about your lifestyle and comings and goings to me rather like breakfast at tiffanyโ€™s and very the English ‘Allo ‘Allo!

Happy Sunday fast friends
    RT

Hi RT

Love reading your stream of consciousness. ๐Ÿ˜‰ feel like I know you. I am in lovely warm Brisbane for 3 weeks with my mum who is almost 94 and fit as a fiddle. She has always eaten light, and worked hard. Every day. Chopped and carried wood, emptied out the ashes from the fire, weeded very large garden, scrubbed floors, as she says who needs a gym! She can still touch her toes. A great role model. ๐Ÿ˜†

Have read all the posts but not finding much time to post while here. I wish everyone the best.

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Bay,
    I need a gym because it has a swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room, what is there not to love about that?
    My mother could also touch her toes at 90 but she couldn’t remember what she had done that morning, it’s not all about keeping the body active?
    What do you all do to keep the mind active e.g. I play cards, board games, learn songs by heart and am learning Spanish from listening to cd’s.

Bowls is also a good game for problem solving especially when acting as skip, you watch the head build up, identify the woods, offer advice to the players and decide strategy to win or develop your own players skills. Not just rolling a ball on grass you know. The terrain and weather conditions ensure that each rink is different every day, in fact it can change throughout a game if it rains or is sunny, running slower or faster, even the wind effects the progress of the woods. Also every wood behaves differently in terms of weight and bias, the skip will need to advise players accordingly. There are also players who like to distract opposing team players and give them misleading advice. You definitely need to be mentally agile to play this sport as well as physically fit.

JoJo,

Mum knits patterned baby clothes for great grandchildren, does crossword puzzles, watches crime programs on TV, gardens, and generally stays very interested in all that her children and grandchildren are doing. Horses for courses ๐Ÿ˜‰

I play golf, walk, orienteer, scrub floors, do cryptic crossword puzzles and sudoku, and am about to learn Spanish.

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

PS. I have also gone back to meditating. I think it clears the brain and relaxes the cells of the body.

Thanks Bay you mother and my MIL are of the same mould and of course we all say well you know they donโ€™t make em like that anymore MIL still lives on the 1000ac family farm on her pat Malone now since Dad died 15 years ago it is share farmed now by the way but she is a doer massive garden mainly natives and drives the ute the tractor the ride on lawn mower a quad bike if a rooster is mis-behaving with her girls bam off with the head and in the pot ๐Ÿ˜† not a problem many times I have gone out to see her and she is out the back with the nighty on dressing gown rubber boots and beany feeding a lamb,she sells raffles tickets for the RFDS on the catering committee for the local bowls club plays crochet on every known charity going she cooks cleans provides transport for her friends to medical appointments who she claims are the oldies ๐Ÿ˜‰ makes me laugh she is one them but donโ€™t tell anyone hey ๐Ÿ™„ an inspiring woman

Hi Fasters,

Bayleafoz – I could not figure meditating yet! My brain it’s to active to the point I believe disrupts my sleep. It’s like I am thinking all the time.
    Glad you’ve got that one squared out.
    B

Viewing 50 posts - 9,751 through 9,800 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.