LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,646 total)

• Hello all

Jenki you might be right. I think I will do my fast this week, and not worry too much about the scale. It’s so easy to become obsessed, isn’t it. I also always think to myself, “well I am a LOT healthier and slimmer than this time last year” so in the grand scheme of things, what’s a pound!

I am off to Berlin for the long weekend, I am really looking forward to it, and I know the word diet will not feature at all. I will just try to be a bit sensible this week and make sure I squeeze in some work outs before I go.

It’s quite crazy how a three day weekend changes your mood completely, hey!

I have a bikini holiday coming up in Sept, and was desperately trying to lose some weight for that but it would appear that I am still hovering around the same weight!!

I’ve decided to see if I can hold out until tonight to eat my calories, going fine so far – had lots of water and a cup of coffee at lunch time. x

Hi LD & Jenki2 – fast going ok for me too today so far – decided to have light lunch (boiled egg & asparagus spears only about 90cals, then a nectarine) to sustain me later when I go for my Zumba class, then I’ll eat a meal after that, probably the Mexican pizza from the Fast Diet book, dead quick to make & feels like a cheating treat!! Like both of you, I’m enjoying my wkends! But I figure that’s what the 5.2 is all about – being able to eat (within reason) what you want without feeling guilty! LD enjoy your Berlin trip!

Hi all

Valbu – mexican pizza sounds yummy, I think that I am going to have a massive salad and try and eat it really slowly..

LD – that is such a great attitude – healthier and slimmer than last year – ignore the scales and then maybe that elusive pound will disappear without you noticing!! Have a great time in Berlin, one of my favourite cities!

oohhh dear suddenly have a rather busy social week so will either have to do another back to back and fast tomorrow or else on Friday at the start of the BH weekend. Not sure which is worse!

Hello Valbu and Jenki

Valbu – I had to look up the fast diet pizza, but it sounds delicious. I also stumbled across another really tasty looking fast dinner recipe – prawn curry, I thought I might share it below. http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2013/01/the-fast-diet-meal-planning-monday-and-tiger-prawn-curry-with-basmati-rice-52-diet-recipe.html

Jenki I have ended up with a very busy week as well. I am stuck for options. I may just do today, and Wednesday, and fast all day on Wednesday, and just have dinner and not count the calories. I haven’t decided yet.

I am so hungry!!! X

That prawn curry looks delicious, might have to give it a go.

I think I will try and do Friday but not beat myself up if it doesn’t happen! Otherwise your solution sounds very sensible.

Only a few more hours to go – can’t wait for my salad!!

I think I might try it – I wish I hadn’t already got my dinner bits bought for tonight, otherwise I would have tried it, for sure.

I am having a tuna steak with salad tonight. I think because I’ve not had lunch, I might bulk it up with some mushrooms as well. Maybe even have a cheeky choccy for dessert!

What’s on the menu for you guys tonight?

I thought exactly the same – already have dinner for tonight otherwise would have tried it. I will try and get all the bits and bobs and try it later on this week/next week.

I am having very similar dinner but tinned tuna rather than steak with loads of lettuce and a few tomatoes etc. Might go wild and have some grated carrot with it as well…..

I would have had it if I was fasting again this week. Perhaps I will try Wednesday even though I am meant to be having guests.

I can’t decide what dressing to have on my tuna and salad – I have to have something though, can’t stand a dry salad!

50 minutes to go til I can leave and start thinking about dinner properly.

Hi everyone,

I’m back, had a fantastic time, didn’t go too mad but haven’t dared to weigh myself yet.

Have fasted today, which has gone ok, so am hoping to shift any gain before it has time to stick!!! That said it’s both my Mum’s and daughter’s birthdays this week, so will be a tough one!!

Sounds like you have all been hard at it, it will bear fruit.

Remember our stone by Christmas girls.

x

Hi Hilly! Glad you had a good time – hope you enjoyed Helsinki food too! Very noble of you, fasting on a Bank Holiday Monday!! I managed lots of exercise this morning – some core training with my weights (only 3lbs for each hand, but its enough for me right now!!), then 15 mins with my hula hoop (Yes I know…. my kids laugh too, but its fun & I think it’s working!) then I took myself off for an hours power walk in the pouring rain. So chuffed with myself was I that I didn’t hesitate when my husband said “how about lunch at the pub?” – tried to eat sensibly, but didn’t scrimp on the 2 glasses of wine!! Hey ho, shall fast tomorrow then & step up the exercise to compensate!! Deliberately not weighing til the weekend, meaning 10 days since last weigh in, hoping to be much nearer that 10st mark! Good luck everyone x

Hi Valbu, sounds like you really went for it on the exercise front yesterday, sure that helps to tone up and can’t hurt on the weight loss front either.

I went for a run in the pouring rain yesterday, I was rather sluggish but it felt good to be out there! Made it through the fast day too. Doubt if I’m still dead on 10 stone now, will weigh myself next week after two weeks back on fasting. Daft I know but I get scared of weighing if I haven’t done it for a while.

What dreadful weather, it was much nicer in Finland!! Think I will have a major cooking session next time my two are with their Dad, so I have lots of tasty fast day meals ready to just pull out of the freezer.

Hi everyone else too.

x

Hi Valbu and Hilly

Welcome back Hilly – how was Finland, really hope you had a fab time. Don’t worry about weighing, a holiday is there to be enjoyed and I feel the same about weighing after a holiday!

Weighed after the long weekend of no exercise, lots and lots and LOTS of rich food and ice cream, and was up to 10.5. Weighed again this morning after fasting yesterday, and was 10.3. My weight really does fluctuate.

How is everyone else doing?

Off on a beach hol next week. Won’t be under 10 stone as I had hoped, but going to get back on it PROPERLY when I am back!

x

Hi Little D, had a fantastic time in Finland loved it there, swimming in a lake, fabulous fresh fish, errr rather yummy cakes, pear cider, lots of good fun with my son and my friend and her little girl. Superb place would recommend it 🙂

Have fasted one day this week and find myself childless tomorrow so will sneak one in tomorrow too and then maybe dare to get on the scales on Friday morning!!! Hope I haven’t caused too much damage, my smaller clothes seem to still fit, so hopefully ok!!

If we don’t catch up before you go have an amazing time Little D. Shame we can’t post pics on here!!

Hope everyone else is ok

Gail x

Ha ha I seem to be talking to myself at the mo!! But never mind I figure one of you will pop by sooner or later!!

Weighed myself today for the first time after my holiday and my Mum’s birthday celebs on Wednesday. Am happy to report I have only gained 1.8lbs, feel confident I can soon shift that, so maybe by the end of September have finally got below that elusive 10 stone mark.

Come back soon everyone x

Hey! Hello Hilly! You’re not alone – here I am, just thinking about whether or not to do a power walk this afternoon! Having said before, that I’d step up the exercise this week, I’ve somehow managed to do nothing of the sort! Have managed 2 days Fasting & NOT weighed myself (determined to leave it til the wkend). Well done you, you’ll surely hit your target by end Sept. I’m off on Monday, for a few days by the sea, taking my 93yr old mum for a break – we’ll eat out a lot, but figure pushing her around in the wheelchair will burn off the cals!! Hope everyone else still on track. Enjoy your holiday Little Dragon.

Greetings Valbu,

think I should have joined you on that power walk, instead I went out to lunch with friends, feel stuffed and now I’m going to a BBQ,not even remotely hungry but I will inevitably eat!

Might fast again tomorrow, I wouldn’t ordinarily but I feel so stuffed and also Sunday is my daughter’s 14th birthday so more eating and drinking will be occurring!!

Have a lovely break with your Mum – wow 93 that’s a grand old age, she’s 20 years older than my Mum who was 73 on Wednesday.

x

1st September, time to kick that stone’s arse!!

Am fasting today and Wednesday. Depending on how I feel (and poss may have a date), might sneak one in on Friday too.

Is anyone with me?

In fact is there anybody out there?!!!!!!!!

Hi Hilly! And any others still with us!! Hope your daughters birthday was a hit. Am en route to Somerset with my mum – just stopped for much needed break after 2 hours stuck on M25!! Fasting too, today, cos I figured it would be easier while travelling (but stuck on M25, was starving!!). Probably away til Friday & won’t fast any more til I get home. Weighed in at 10.2 this morning – lightest I’ve been for years, so will try not to eat everything in sight while away!! Good luck all xx

Have a wonderful time Valbu – hate the M25 was stuck on it going to pick my daughter up from Thorpe Park last week!

Am starving at the mo, drinking some new PG Tips herbal drink to try and make the hunger go away!! Could eat if I wanted have only had 14 calories in my tea but trying to make it through!!

I weighed on Sunday morning (after that extra fast day) and am currently 10.08 lbs, also the lightest I’ve been for years!!

You may be wanting to be good Valbu but I think it would be criminal not to have one Devon Tea while your away – I had a Dorset one when I went to Weymouth and it didn’t wreck my progress.

Have a lovely time.

x

Exciting news 9 stone 13.6 lbs – yipee!!! 🙂

Well done Hilly! You must be feeling great! Have had a sunny day here by the sea – went on a long power walk first thing, sun shining, sea lapping close by – lovely! After all the exercise, felt totally not guilty going out for lunch! May very well be having your recommended cream tea later in the week Hilly! You’ve inspired me to keep working towards that ‘9st anything’ goal! Well done,again!!

hi all! I haven’t been on here in a while but have been fasting away. Hawaii and the wedding were wonderful. I gained 6 lbs in the 10 days I was there, not bad I thought, and it has taken me these last 4-5 weeks to get it back off. Finally got the last Hawaii pound off this week!

So, what’s our goal for Christmas now? I’m only 17 lbs from my goal now, but I don’t think I’ll have it all off for Christmas.

Hilly, congrats on breaking the 10 stone threshold!!

Hi Kilda,

what an amazing place to go Hawaii – who was getting married. Well done you on getting rid of those Hawaii pounds so fast.

Last time any of us were about we were going for a stone by Christmas. Are you going to join us in the challenge.

I’m fasting tomorrow I think – haven’t been shopping so just as easy not to eat, got enough for the kids.

Happy fasting anyone that pops by.

x

it was my wedding. 🙂 It was absolutely lovely and I wish I was still there. I’d weigh a lot more if I was still there though!

As of this AM I have lost 50 lbs. Hard to believe!!! I have another 15 to go, so count me in on the stone by Christmas challenge. I suspect I’ll be at goal by mid-January, which will be one year on 5:2 for me.

Morning all

Kilda, congratulations on getting married, you must be thrilled. Wishing you and your partner all the best! If only we could share photos because 50 pounds – WHAT an achievement! WOW!

Some less good news from me – last time I weighed, I was 10.7, which is the highest I’ve been for a while. Admittedly I’ve been a bit lax with fasting, but I’m properly back on it again as of today. Owing to various holidays I haven’t been strict, but on the sprint to Christmas, here is my pledge – to be around 9.7. I think I need to be a bit realistic.

I am going to change up my exercise routine and hope it helps shift the weight. So I am also in for our Christmas goal!

Good luck to all!

Hope to see some of you on here today xxx

Helloooooooooooooooo Ladies how are you all? I haven’t been on here for months due to various reasons. I haven’t been fasting but I did maintain over the holidays which I am delighted about. I am hoping to some more weight between now and Christmas but I am not going to get too stressed about it as my clothes are fitting really well and I have a skirt that I can nearly fit into which has been sitting in my “other wardrobe” for ages now!!

Hope you are all well 🙂 x

Hi JF, really good to hear from you and glad you’ve been maintaining. x

Hi everyone, so good to see you all back again 🙂

Congratulations Kilda, I too wish we could see pictures, bet you were a beautiful bride.

I’m with you Little D trying to lose a stone before Christmas, I gained a bit and then stayed the same, so am now back at 10 stone.

Am fasting today, looking forward very much to tea time.

🙂

Hi Hilly

So jealous of you 🙁 I’m up half a stone and was sitting at 10.7 last week. I haven’t weighed since last Monday but I’ll weigh tomorrow and see where I am. Need to get back on it again. Today’s fast has not been bad at all, I’m planning a green prawn and veggie thai curry tonight. Can’t wait to be properly back into the swing of things and actually see results again. Carrying a bit of extra weight is annoying!

Don’t be jealous Little D you’ll be back there before you know it 🙂

I’ve gained a bit too but the secret is not to let our misdemeanours (apologies for dodgy spelling!!) sabotage us permanently!! We will all achieve our goals we just have to keep persevering and keep at it.

To make it seem a bit easier for myself I have set an interim mini target of getting to 9 stone 8 1/2 lbs which would take my total weight loss to 2 stone and is 5 and 1/2 pounds away. Hoping that’s a bit more manageable 🙂

My fast has gone well today too – had left over omelette from yesterday and salad for dinner, a random slice of ham when I got home and 2 cups of tea with skimmed milk during the day (as well as other drinks) Going to have some berries in a minute to round the day off.

Keep going all my fabulous fasting friends.

x

Hi Hilly

I know, that is the way forward, not to get too hung up on weight gains, but I sort of feel like I don’t deserve this half stone increase! Anyway, I know what I need to do to get rid of it so I just need to push on.

Having a soup for lunch which is lovely and warming. Out for dinner tonight so will try and make the right choice…but I hate restaurant salads – always find them so disappointing! I went for a run this morning which went well.

Back on the fast tomorrow.

Good luck anyone who is fasting today!

Morning all

Who else is fasting today?

Down one pound as of this morning which has lifted my mood a little! x

Hellooooo am fasting today too, though have had my dinner now so it’s over!!

Well done Little D on kicking that first pound’s ass!!

I sneaked on the scales this morning too because I felt thinner!! Sneaked back under 10 stone (just), am happy too. Noticed the body fat reading too – it now stands at 35.2, think the leaflet said a healthy range is 30 to 35%, so am nearly there!

Had an awful day at work today, too many obnoxious rude children, am surprised I didn’t crack and raid a corner shop for chocolate but I seem to have made it through, though me and my son just had rather a terse half hour!!

How’s everyone else faring?
    x

congrats on that pound, LD, and on the body fat decrease Hilly! I’m fasting today.

Gray, rainy day here. I’ve been craving soups and stews recently – will have to do some cooking this weekend.

Hello everyone,

know what you mean Kilda, I bought loads of ingredients to do a big cook so I can put loads of fast day dinners in the freezer.

Off for a run now and then cooking!!

xxx

Hello all, hope you had a lovely weekend. Anyone fasting today? I am – but a bit frustrated as all last week, I ate really well on non fast days, fasted well, did exercise 4 times, lost a pound during the week and then gained it back, so I am still on the same weight as I was before my two fasts last week.

Since Jan until May, my weight steadily declined, and now I’m up about 6 pounds since my lowest weight and it won’t budge.

I’ve been exercising well, eating well, and worried that I’m just going to be stuck here forever, I really want to see loss before Christmas, but don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

hi LD! It seems like a lot of people hit these plateaus and if they stick it out they eventually see a drop. Sorry, I know that would frustrate me so much!

Hi Kilda

Yes, really frustrating! I don’t really know where I am going wrong. I knew weight loss would slow down, but I didn’t think it would stop completely. At the beginning when I started in Jan, I was seeing a steady 2lb loss per week, but now, nothing!

Bewildered!

Hey everyone,

I was fasting today too, came in bang on the nose with 500 calories! Did my ginormous cook on Saturday made Chicken Cassoulet and Hot Paprika Goulash from the Cook Book. Today me and the kids all had the chicken, gave the kids rice with it and i had some Birdseye steam fresh vegetables, 380 calories with the veg but I’d saved for the day. It was yummy. Even better I have 8 home made fast day meals in the freezer, so that should keep me going for a while!

Little D I feel your pain, like Kilda says plateaus seem to be quite common, I never lost from May till middle of August but it did move again eventually. Am sure it will for you too, so please don’t get down. Also try measuring yourself, it may be showing there rather than on the scales. Keep going x

Glad you’re still with us Kilda.

x

PS for those of you that have kids, my two (11 and 14) loved it.

🙂

Hello all

How did yesterday’s fast go? Mine was fine, held out until about 7.30 when I had a pasta with prawn mushrooms and onions with slim pasta and a tomato sauce, stirred a bit of philadelphia in to give it some character, and it was great, even had some for lunch as a left over today.

That dish you had last night for dinner Hilly sounds wonderful, I need to start experimenting and planning my meals in advance.

My fasting days this week are going to be Monday and Thursday. I prefer doing Wednesdays but owing to some work commitments, I think Wednesday will be a difficult day to fast. Thursday won’t be great either but have to pick one and I think Thursday makes a little bit more sense.

How’s everyone doing today, and by everyone I mean Hilly & Kilda as I think we 3 are the only three left on this thread as regulars?!?

Evening girls,

Have had a normal day today, with maybe a little too much cake!! Think i will fast tomorrow.

Dinner was good LittleD, all of the recipes I have tried have been good, extremely tasty but much lower in calories than your average meal but it did take a long time to cook and prepare!! I suppose if one had a slow cooker (which I don’t) you could shove all the ingredients in and then leave it to work it’s magic during the day, might be a solution for you you with your hectic work life!

A new jacket arrived today, now I have a dilemma, it’s a 14 and seems a bit big, but I tried a 12 on in the shop, I could do it up and everything but was just a bit snug – so now do I change the 14 for a 12 and hope the last stone goes?!!

Well anyway good luck with the fast tomorrow Little D and anyone else joining us on the fast train tomorrow.

x

it’s so hard being between sizes, isn’t it? I would go with the 12 since it was only a little small. Sounds like you don’t need to lose the whole last stone to fit into it – just a few pounds.

I’m fasting today and there are bagels in the kitchen calling my name. Tell me to resist, someone!

Kilda – MOVE AWAY FROM THE BAGELS!!

X

well…..I ate the bagel. But if I consider that dinner and don’t have anything else, I’m still under 500 for the day.

Excellent Kilda,

funnily enough I had a bagel for dinner too! It was lush with a scrummylicious fried egg freshly laid by my friend’s chicken!!

Finished my fasts for the week, though I find I don’t seem to have the capacity to eat loads anymore, the odd time I have my body is not happy at all – end up with hangover type symptoms!!

Have had to buy some new underwear everything has suddenly got too big!! 🙂

How’s your week been Little D?

Morning Kilda and Hilly

Nice to see you both!

So I have a little confession, and only managed to do one fast this week. Which is not great, but still. I managed a 6k run in the morning before work yesterday and will be going to the gym tonight and Sunday so hope the damage isn’t too bad.

Will be back on next week.

Hilly look at you getting down to a size 12 – I would go with that, as you’ll probably only get smaller. I probably would go for a 12, even though you say it is snug it’s probably more like well fitted. Having said that though, if you think you won’t be able to wear a thick sweater underneath in the winter, maybe stick to the 14. Isn’t being in between sizes really annoying.

Kilda, you made me laugh, “step away from the bagel!!”… “well, i ate the bagel” haha! but well done for staying under 500 cal.

Afternoon everyone,

I’ve been fasting today, which will make it three for the week!! Going ok so far and am looking forward to dinner later.

Have decided to keep the 14 for jumper wearing purposes – that said my 14 year old has taken a liking to it, she’s smaller but taller than me, so it does kind of fit, albeit a loose fit; so i may never it anyway!!

We hey it’s the weekend!

🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.