LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,646 total)

• Hi all

Hope we all had a great weekend.

I ate a LOT this weekend, lots and lots of cheese and meat and no exercise, eek! Back on the fasting today and Wednesday, hoping to undo some damage. Saw some family members I’ve not seen properly since Christmas and they all commented on how much weight I had lost! Hooray! Obsessing over food but also feel good to be detoxing today.

Anyone else fasting?

Take care x

PS got a beach holiday coming up in September, so sticking rigidly to fasting and exercising to shed a bit more over August in preparation for that!

Hi LittleDragon – is that a reference to the band? I love them and missing out on seeing them when they come to Sydney is a real drag.
    Today is day one, so just scanning the forums for inspiration and ideas on how to combat my hunger. I guess the one thing I am bound to experience.
    Sure it will get easier with time.

Hi ajdreams – no that wasn’t a reference to a band – never heard of the name before!! I will google them.

Jumped on the scale this morning and whilst I am two pounds down from last week (10.5 down to 10.3) I seemed to have gained one (was 10.2 at the end of my fasts last week). Maybe my weight will settle towards the end of the week but I’m fasting again today and not using the cinema tonight as an excuse not to!

Anyone else fasting today?

Morning all hope everyone is well. Haven’t been on here for ages so its nice to still see familiar names! I haven’t done the 5:2 for ages for various reasons and have felt the weight creeping back on so am back on the wagon. Am going to fast today and Thursday and also try and go to the gym at some point as well.

Its amazing how bloated and horrible I feel but hopefully a couple of weeks back on IF should sort that out. Need to make sure that the scales start going down rather than back up!! Hope everyone has a good week and happy fasting!

Hi Jenki

Really glad to see someone else is out there, was wondering where everyone had gone. I know exactly what you mean about that, I have a bit of a love hate relationship with 5:2 at the moment because I feel like I’m not losing any weight on it when I do it, but then I’m gaining when I don’t do it. Feeling decidedly chubby after a week or so of not fasting so back on it today and hoping to shed a few pounds at least before my hol in Sept.

Keep going everyone! xx

Hi girls, I miss our gang!

Am still here too, resolutely stuck just above 10 stone!! Am pleased though as I went away last week to my cousin’s in Weymouth – we were all spoilt rotten but I managed to stay the same, enjoyed myself but didn’t go too mad – am happy with that!!

Fasting today, it is hard though, going shopping with the kids, might well get them McDonalds – don’t particularly like McDonalds but will be hard sitting there with water while they’re eating!! Then again on Thursday – after that will have a week off, flying out to Finland on Sunday 🙂

You’re so right Jenki2, a few days straying and I so feel it too!! Hope your fast is going well today.

Don’t give up Little D – it’s only 2 days a week, we have already proven we can do it xxx

Setting myself a target to lose another stone by Christmas – I think that’s doable, since it took me 6 months to lose a stone and a half. Am in this for the long haul!!

Keep going everyone.

x

2.30 and doing ok so far! Luckily work is keeping me busy so haven’t really thought about food much today. Hilly & LD, hope your days are going well too.

I think a stone by Christmas sounds very doable – I might jump on your bandwagon Hilly as that will then take me to my target weight. Also if someone else has the same target it is more difficult to cheat – hope that is ok?

You are absolutely right, need to get back into the swing of it and keep going. Haven’t weighed myself for ages but I can tell from my clothes that weight has gone back on so time to get a grip! Hope everyone has a good rest of day.

Hello Hilly and Jenki

Hope you’re both doing well. Today’s fast is going well so far for me. I had earmarked 200 calories for lunch but I’ve actually not felt hungry at all today, even went for a walk at lunch time to prolong eating, and I tried on two dresses in a size 10 and decided to treat myself.

I would love to lose another stone by Christmas, but given that my weight hasn’t shifted at all since May (that’s now a 3 month plateau which is so depressing) I don’t know whether that will be feasible. I will do my best to stick to it though (apart from when on holiday) and see where I get to. I am also planning on changing up my exercise routine from just running and cross trainer to yoga, spinning and power plates where I can. Let’s hope I can keep going down wards.

Feeling very chubby after the weekend but also empowered and motivated that I’ve not eaten anything today. Got a bit of a headache though, so will keep chugging water.

How’s everyone else doing?

xx

Hi girls,

my fast is going well too – have just treated the kids to a paninni each and all I had was a diet coke!! (Feeling very virtuous!). Have survived so far just on one cup of tea, so hardly off the starting block with 15 calories – am looking forward to a yummy salad and low calorie meal later.

Little D we can do it, my weight has hardly moved since May either but I do think 5:2 works – a lot of people have commented on how slim I am looking – we can get there even if it is slow. Wow get you in the size 10s, you definitely deserve that big pat on the back 🙂

Jenki and Little D please join me in my quest, I need the support, like you Jenki if I lose another stone, I will be at my target weight! Am amazed how well the fasting works, wasn’t all that long ago I couldn’t even contemplate reaching my target weight. Now I believe we can all do it, no matter how much time it times.

Keep going girls

x

PS Hope you’re ok Angie xxx And hello to the rest of our merry gang xxx

Hi Hilly and Jenki, WE CAN DO THIS! One stone before Christmas… I’d love to see how I look. It’ll be really nice to say I’ve lost a steady 2 stone in a year.

xxx

Yay! I work so much better with a target to work to and people to keep me motivated. When are you fasting again this week?

It’s a pact!

When do you get back in September Little D? Maybe we should measure ourselves then too and report on progress to keep us motivated, in case the scales aren’t always kind!!

We will look fabulous at Christmas with another stone gone.

I’m fasting again on Thursday, how about you two?

x

I’m fasting again on Wednesday of this week.

I think measuring ourselves sounds like a good idea – I always forget to do this, but maybe if I have you two to remind me, I will do it regularly. It’s depressing not seeing a drop in the scales.

I would love to be 9 stone 4 by December – what about you guys?

I am back on September 9th from holiday.

x

Little D we have similar targets – I want to be 9 stone dead!! Can scarcely even write that figure!!! But I am hopeful!!! Oops that will mean a stone and two pounds – 9 stone 2 then, that would be amazing!! Chose it as it’s well within a healthy weight for my height (5ft 1″).

So measuring day is September 10th then.

Think slinky Christmas dress!

🙂

To be honest with you Hilly, I would love to be the same, 9 stone exactly, but given that I can’t even get under 10 stone at the moment, I don’t know whether 9 stone is realistic for me.

I am also 5 foot 1! Sounds like we have been making similar progress!

Ha ha Little Dragon, have been struggling to get below 10 stone since May too!! But I am being optimistic and believing I can get there!! (Careful low flying pigs!!)

Seriously though I just think it can be done and I don’t care how long it takes!!

Exercise wise I’m a bit hindered as have developed sciatica!! But 2 weeks rest made no difference so am continuing to jog but listening to my body, so if I have to walk, I’ll walk!!!

Serious hunger pangs at the mo!! Better go find a job to take my mind off of it!!

x

Hilly, sounds like you and I are pretty much exactly the same! I was 10 stone exactly on May 1st and since then I have either gained or stayed the same, so frustrating! I really did have high hopes of being 9 stone by now.

What was your starting weight if you don’t mind me asking? I was at my heaviest recorded weight of 11 stone 7 in Jan (that was after a big meal) but I was 11.4 when weighed myself the morning of my first fast back on Jan 23rd.

Sorry to hear you’ve developed sciatica, sounds awful, but it’s good that you’re not pushing yourself too hard.

Isn’t it great that people have started to notice, I’ve had that recently, and it’s very gratifying. Weirdly I’ve not really felt hungry at all today, but I do have a terrible headache. xx

PS FYI ladies, it’s 19 weeks until Christmas, so thats 14 pounds in that time meaning that we have to lose 1.3 pounds each week until Christmas to hit our target!

Hey Little D, I have been lurking at 10 stone 1.8lbs since May, either staying the same or going up a bit or losing what I gained!!

I started on 6th Jan at 11 stone 8.8 lbs so have roughly lost a stone and a half – am really over the moon, have tried Weight Watchers, Slimming World the works, besides spending shed loads of money have never really achieved any sustained weight loss!! Is why I love IF ing, it really doesn’t feel like a diet and because of that I can do it 🙂

Am enjoying finding clothes in the wardrobe that were just too small and being able to wear them and have had to put a few away because they’e too big!!! Have probably gone down a few cup sizes too but holding off buying any new bras until I reach my target – then it could be a serious splurge at Bravissimo (hope it will be sale time!)

Wish we could share pics on here too.

Only a few more hours til dinner.

x

PS temporary target for us Little Dragon 9 stone 13 anything!!!

x

Well done you, you’ve done so well going from 11 – 8.8 to 10 – 1.8. You must be looking so fabulous and no wonder you’ve received such wonderful comments. I love being able to pick up a size 10 in the shops with reasonable confidence that it might fit. Today I tried on a size 12 dress and it didn’t fit at all, which was good!

I can’t wait to be 9 stone, too bad the weight loss slows down so considerably. Have you fasted every single week since Jan 6th, or have you had any days off at all?

Yes, I also wish we could share pictures on here. Treating yourself to new clothes is a big joy when working so hard to look and feel better isn’t it!

x

I would love to be 9.4 which hopefully I will be by Christmas!! Have also struggled to get under the 10 mark but hopefully we will all make great progress over the next few months.

I am going to have to fast on Friday which I never like doing but its either that or tomorrow and I hate doing back to backs, find them really difficult!

Not long to go until can eat tonight!

Hellooooo ladies I am still here too!! I am on holiday and will be back on 1 September so will start fasting again then. My goal foe the month of August is not to gain so I will see what happens. Hope you are all well and having a great summer x x x 🙂

What is it with the pesky 10 stone barrier – 3 of us struggling to crack it!!!

Little Dragon apart from 1 week when I went to my cousins down in Weymouth I have fasted every week – last week (first week back from Weymouth I only managed 1 day) and I won’t be fasting next week in Finland (but think it’s a fairly healthy food culture anyway – well here’s hoping!!).

I don’t like Friday fasts either Jenki but it’s only the once, you can do it x

Hi JFitzy glad you’re still with us.

x

Morning all,

I am fasting again today as had forgotten that I had a party on Friday so a back to back. Still on a brighter note at least then fasting is done for the week! Hope everyone has a good day – right best go and find lots of water xx

Evening – how is the fast going Jenki? At least you’re nearly there! x

I’m swapping my next fast to tomorrow, so will be following in your footsteps!

x

Morning Hilly,

Made it although it was a bit of a struggle towards the end but feel quite pleased with myself today! Now just have to be careful that I don’t blow it over the next few days!

Hope your fast goes well tomorrow and that anyone else who is fasting is having a good day.

x

Morning all,

Jenki well done for surviving your second fast week for the day, back to back is pretty tough but you’re now finished for the rest of the week which is a great feeling.

I am fasting again today, so on my second cup of green tea and not feeling too bad at all. If today’s fast is anything like Monday’s where I didn’t feel hungry at all, even when I was prepping my dinner, I will be very happy.

Weighed this morning and I was 10.2 – so still not under 10, frustratingly!

How is everyone else doing?

x

Morning everyone,

Well done on making it through Jenki. Now you can relax a bit for the rest of the week.

I’m fasting like you today LLittle D, I had a boiled egg and small slice of bread for breakfast. That’s it besides water etc til tonight. But feeling ok. Will weigh tomorrow to see if there’s any change!

Went to a running club yyesterday for first time ever! Was amazed that my plodding pace is quite respectable! Plus it was fun running with people for a change.

Now for the temptations of Tesco!

Keep going little D and anyone else fasting today.

X

Hello Hilly

Good luck today braving Tesco!

I always find it easier if I don’t eat at the start of a fast. Haven’t really felt hungry today. I’ve got some lunch in the fridge for later in case I need it but I might be able to go the whole day without. We will see. I plan on going for a walk at lunch anyway as need to run some errands so will see how I feel about eating when I get back.

I will weigh again tomorrow morning to see if there’s been any loss. My weight keeps fluctuating between 10 stone exactly (although last time I saw that was back in May) and 10 stone 5. Today I was 10.2 so hoping that another fast day today means I’ll be down a pound this week, but we shall see. It’s so frustrating working through the plateau, I wonder if I will ever break the 10 stone barrier!

x

I finally braved the scales this morning and realised that I had put on 5 pounds since April when I really stopped fasting properly. So have a lot further to go before I hit the 10 stone barrier. However am determined to do it this time and to lose a stone before Christmas.

Keep going LD, one of these days it will just start happening again. Are you still exercising?

Have a good fast day Hilly and good luck with Tescos!

Hope you keep busy enough not to worry about food!

x

Hi phew nearly the end of a busy fast day!!

Survived Tescos just about!! The one near my Mum, has an artisan bakery!!! Torture – brought some delectable looking Muesli bread – that will be me tomorrow morning!!

Bit of excitement in Tescos – had to buy something in a 10!!! Tried the 14 on, too big, 12 too big, 10 Bingo – is just a loose cut tshirt but nevertheless would not have fitted this time last year!!

Hope you made it through your fast too Little D – I sometimes go without all day but being very busy in a school find a little something usually helps me to get through!! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow morning; will be doing the same!! Fingers crossed for us both – so would like to overcome the 10 stone barrier too!!

Well done Jenki on braving the scales, it’s never pleasant and once you’re back on track I’m sure it will disappear again quickly. We’re all going to make that stone, (well I have to keep saying that in the hope it comes true!!). We have already come along way.

Right last glass of water and then bed, plus no more fasting for 2 weeks, 4 sleeps ’till I go to Finland 🙂

x

Good morning,

weighed to day and have lost 0.8 lbs and am now 10 1. Am a little tempted to fast tomorrow, to see if I can sneak under just before I go on holiday!

How did you get on Little D.

Hope you two are ok too JFitzy and Jenki.

Plus hugs to everyone else.

x

Well done Hilly – great work.

I on the other hand do not have such great news.

I was fine until dinner, had my fast dinner, and then cracked. Ate almost anything I could find, and it was a classic story of “oh well I’ve broken my fast now” and was just eating everything I could find. Then I later realised what could have triggered it – my monthly friend.

Weighed this morning and was 10.3 – putting this down to bloating and last night’s mega binge but hoping next week I’ll do better.

Disappointed isn’t the word.

Oh God our monthly friend!! Not what you need!! Sorry the outcome wasn’t better, but being that time it could well be fluid retention so you may well see a better outcome next week.

Don’t worry about the binge, we all have our moments, don’t beat yourself up, keep looking forward and never forget what you have already achieved!!

Hmmm am tempted to eat today, am hanging around a bit waiting for news that my re-mortgage has completed!!

x

Hi everyone! oh gosh i havent been on here for sooo long! i have also been bad and not stuck with 5:2 life has been so busy for me. I recently also started a new job which is going amazingly well so far. However its time to get back into things. I am watching what i eat though and been exercising. 9 weeks until i get married, eeek!! so time is ticking!

goodluck to all fasting today XX

Hello! Here I am again, after a fortnights holiday, where I’m pleased to find I didn’t gain any weight & actually lost 2lbs!!! Our daughter & son-in-law spent a week with us & as they both are on the 5:2 & we were self catering, we agreed to fast together, at least 1 day in the week & when we weren’t eating out, we cooked as healthily & low cal as poss without depriving ourselves of holiday treats (mainly wine & nibbles!!) I also managed 5 early morning power walks during the 2 wks & my husband & I went on a day-long bike ride too. We had a great time & I’m glad I didn’t abandon the diet or the exercise totally, as it means with 2 further lbs gone, still as determined to keep going & get below that 10st barrier!! I read everyone’s postings on here too, while i was away, which kept me focused! So thanks all you guys

Hi Valbu,

how fantastic actually loosing on holiday, how fab having fellow fasters with you. So you’re another of us trying to conquer sub 10 stone! Keep going.

I’m doing my 3rd fast of the week in a vain bid to crack it before I go away on Sunday!! Will go running later too.

Have a good day everyone.

x

Hi there Hilly
    Well done going for the 3 days of fasts! I did the same before my hols & I think it was psychologically good – made me feel virtuous, if nothing else! I’m around 10.9 now (was 12.6 I think, when I started in May) so am on a concerted effort to hit the ‘2 stone lost’ mark. Anyone got any ideas for an incentive to keep me going?! Good luck with the fast day today Hilly – plan a tasty breakfast tomo as a reward!

Hey Valbu,

that’s a fantastic achievement, my next target (besides getting through the next stone threshold!!) is 2 stone as well.

Today’s fast is going well, so far have just had a cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk while I was tutoring.

Have just had a bit of a splurge in the sales, most exciting all size 10 or 12!!! Now to put some tops away that have got too big (just in case!!).

My daughter is off to Spain around 5, so will take her down to her school, that will keep me occupied (if a little sad that she’s going away without us!) Afterwards I’ll go for my run, so should be a good fasting day.

Keep measuring yourself Valbu and keep chatting with fellow fasters, it really does help, especially through those tough days!!

x

Morning everyone,

weighed myself today, lost another pound so am now exactly 10 stone!!! Not quite the illusive 9 something but am very happy nonetheless!

Am hoping that as I’m off to Finland, lots of fish, crispbread etc, I won’t do too much damage.

Hope you’re all ok?

X

Morning all,

Hope you all had good weekends, I over indulged a little bit so quite nice to be on a fast day today. Really need to start doing some exercise again as well.

Hope you all have good days x

Hi enjoy your fast.

Week off for me, just off to explore Helsinki 🙂

Morning! Like you Jenki2, I’ve had an indulgent wkend (much wine & Indian takeaway on Friday night; fish & chips out of newspaper on during an air display on a wet & windy trip to Herne Bay sea front!) so back to a fast day today & a much needed Zumba class tonight! Am reading up on core training exercises too in the hope of toning up the noticeably ‘loose’ bits, now that some fat has disappeared!!
    Have a great week in Helsinki Hilly & hope everyone else is still there, fasting now & again!!

Morning all

Hilly well done on hitting 10 stone exactly, and have a fab time in Finland, I can’t wait to hear all about it.

Valbu and Jenki2 I am in the same boat – had a crazy weekend of food and drinks – steak, chips, ice cream, pancakes, chinese and indian takeaway but did work out twice and I am back on the fasting today, which is much needed. Sometimes I think to myself this whole process would be better for me if I didn’t over do it at the weekends, but I also sort of think that weekends are there to be enjoyed, right?

Haven’t weighed this week, the scales and I have fallen out after they told me I was 10.4. I am putting it down to my monthly friend…

Hilly – I hope you have a great holiday and enjoy Finland!

LD & Valbu, hope your fasts are going well. So far so good for me, I save all my calories for dinner so just drinking a lot of coffee and water.

LD, I completely agree re weekends. I could probably lose weight a lot quicker by being more careful at weekends but after a long week I reckon they are there to be enjoyed! Hope the scales are kind to you – I have decided not to weigh so often to hopefully see more of a result when I do step back on them. Have decided not to weigh myself until 1 Sept. Lets see if I can stick to that resolution, sometimes those scales are too tempting!

x

Fasting is going OK so far for me thanks Jenki, how about you?
    I go through a bit of a mixed feeling with my scales, sometimes I weigh twice a day, others I don’t weigh for a good few weeks. I always seem to be stuck around the 10.1 – 10.5 mark, which is frustrating. I wonder whether this is my body’s way of telling me I should naturally be this weight? I would love to lose more, but at the same time don’t want lose my sanity over losing even more weight. I am much healthier than I was this time last year, and feel slimmer, but I’m still being indulgent at weekends.
    Looks like I’ll only be able to do one fast this week – as am going for dinner tomorrow and Wednesday night, and off on holiday for a long weekend this week on Thurs, yipeeeee.
    I have taken in some lunch for today, but I might see if I can hold out til tonight?

All good so far – being busy at work definitely helps!

I totally agree about not losing your sanity and not letting the numbers on the scale dominate your life. I reckon that we should keep at it and ignore the scales for a while. Since doing 5:2 I have found that sometimes I don’t lose weight but I lose inches on waist and hips – not entirely sure how that works?

Maybe give yourself a break from the scales, carry on as and when you can and feel the benefit in clothes instead? Then maybe hit the scales again the end of September?

Can not wait for the long weekend – it is a bit crazy about how excited I am about an extra day…..and a little bit sad maybe! Are you going anywhere nice?

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.