LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,646 total)

• LD, you may only have done one fast, but the 12K run is impressive. I’m trying the couch to 5K program again – cautiously. Every time I’ve tried to take up running I’ve injured myself – I’m a klutz with bad joints. But I’m hoping that now that I weigh less it won’t be as much stress on the legs and feet. I did the first workout this morning, which is alternating brisk walks with jogging for a minute. A whopping total of 5 minutes total of running. So I’m quite impressed with your 12K!

I’m sitting at the same weight for the 3rd week in a row but I’m hoping it will go down next week when the time of the month is over.

Ha, I felt so guilty when I signed back on after eating the bagel to see Hilly’s stern admonition to move away. 🙂 didn’t quite make it under 500 yesterday but it was 540, close enough for me. 🙂

Afternoon both.

Hilly I am so impressed you’re doing another fast today. You have made me feel really bad that I only managed one fast this week, good for you!

Kilda, I wish it was a 12k run, it was only 6k. Maybe you got confused with all the talk of size 12 in Hilly’s jacket!

I have eaten more snacks than I would like to today, but I am off to the gym tonight, so hope to undo some of the damage!

Kilda now I feel guilty for admonishing you about the bagel!! 🙁

Will be a first for me three fasts, don’t think I’ll make it a habit!!

Hoping to sneak a run in later but we’ll see, has been a long tiring week!!

Hey don’t feel bad Little D, we all have weeks when one is all we can manage but we just keep looking forward and keep going.

🙂

Hilly, I am really impressed that you can run on fast days, as I def couldn’t!

Ha ha am sitting watching Dr Who at the mo, wondering my daughter thinks I’m the anti-christ for suggesting I take her injured toe that is still bleeding several months after she first hurt it!!

x

no worries, Hilly, I was just joking about feeling guilty. After all I asked you to help me resist! Too bad by the time I saw your admonition I had already given in to temptation. 🙂

I’m impressed that anyone can run at all, let alone on fast days. LD, don’t worry about your one fast week, or your snacks. One fast is still significant and there’s always next week.

I’ve done 4:3 a few times but it is much harder than 5:2, so hat’s off to you Hilly!

I didn’t manage the run, made the mistake of sitting down!!

However managed to keep to 500, ah tomorrow’s breakfast is going to be good!! 🙂

Night all and have a fantastic weekend.

x

Morning everyone, did we have a good weekend? Quite disappointed this morning, stepped on the scale and I’m still stuck at 10.6. Officially still up 6lbs since April, and haven’t shifted a pound. Need some motivation from somewhere. Fasting today but really not feeling it at all…

Morning Everyone,

I am just emerging from a nightmare few weeks at work and stepping back into normality (I hope). So nice to see that this thread is still going. I haven’t fasted for ages but am fasting today so will see how that goes. Haven’t dared step on the scales either and think I will give that a few weeks before i try again.

LD – you just need to keep going, maybe don’t weigh yourself for a few weeks or measure instead of weighing?

Think today might be a bit of a struggle as its been so long since I have fasted but in a weird way I have quite missed it so looking forward to getting back on the wagon. Onwards and downwards to our stone goal….

Hello everyone,

welcome back Jenki good to see you back on here! Hope your fast has gone well today.

Oh blast my son wants me to take him to football training, back later x

Now where was I!!

So Little D, that is tough! But you have to think about the bigger picture, you are healthier and smaller than you were. As Jenki says you could steer away from the scales for a while. The only other thing you could try, is keeping within your TDEE on your non fast days – not something I ever really want to do, so wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t want to! I did buy the fast bikini diet book and that basically advocated fasting three times a week and keeping within your TDEE on non fast days for six weeks before reverting back to normal. Something to think about maybe depending on how work is and how you feel.

Fasted yesterday and am again tomorrow!

x

Where is everyone?

Made it through a fast day, am well under at the moment! Maybe a little something yummy later like fat free yoghurt with raspberries!

Bit of a late comer but I have just discovered cauliflower couscous!! Only 38 calories for one portion and was delicious with my chilli and vegetables this evening!

Weighing morning tomorrow – hope it’s gone down!!

x

Hello, sorry for my absence everyone. Hilly I don’t think I could stay within my TDEE on a 5 day – I don’t tend to count calories on 5 days but I try to eat sensibly, and where I overindulge, I counteract it with plenty of cardio.

Fasted Monday and Wednesday – I haven’t weighed since Monday but I was at 10.6 still. Ugh! I am in the process of changing up my exercise routine – even went for a 7am exercise class at the gym this morning! Will keep at it and hope that I see results again soon… how is everyone else doing? JF nice to see you back again. x

maybe you could count calories on nonfast days just temporarily to see if you are taking in more than you think? Just a thought – I count calories every day and I think if I didn’t it would be easy to go way over without realizing it, even when you don’t feel like you’re overindulging. I do go over about once a week and don’t give myself a hard time for it, but try to stay within my limit. I set my limit for about 160 calories over my TDEE (I just sort of arbitrarily picked the number). When you average in my fast days my calories per day average out a bit below my TDEE and that seems to work for me.

If I’m honest I never actually took much notice of the BMR and TDEE but I’ve just plugged my information into the calculator:

Your BMR is: 5605 kJ / 1340 calories
    Your TDEE is: 8688 kJ / 2076 calories

So that is what I will try and stick to.

I’m jealous, my TDEE is only around 1586 if I stay sedentary, and 1800 for lightly active. I’ve been using the 1800 on nonfast days even though I really am sedentary. My TDEE goes down to 1700 for my goal weight if I’m lightly active, and a measly 1500 if I stay a couch potato.

I’ve actually been trying to get some exercise this week. Those numbers are a good motivation to stay with it. I can live content on 1700-1800 a day, but not on 1500. I would hate it.

Let’s make a pact – you’ll try to stick to your TDEE, which is a change for you, and I’ll try to stick to being active. 🙂

Hi girls how are you doing?

Looked up mine BMR 4917 Kj/1175 calories
    TDEE 6717KJ/1616 calories

that’s for lightly active, don’t know how people fit anymore in!! I go running 3 times a week and have a fairly active full time job!!

Must admit i only count calories on fast days and that’s why it has worked for me, I can be “normal” on the other days!! Think generally I eat less and make slightly more sensible choices!! Plus if I have too much of something bad, it makes me feel ill with hang-over type symptoms!! (Especially chocolate cake!!

Was lucky and have lost this week which has taken my total weight loss since 6th Jan to 2 stone!!! Can’t quite believe it.

So keep at it everyone xxx

Just saying hi before I turn in for the night.

Boy is it raining here!! I was mad enough to go for a run in it earlier!!

Am fasting tomorrow – are any of you joining me?

Good luck if you are.

Hilly

Morning all,

Hilly – am fasting today as well. So far so good but then it is only 11am! Still haven’t dared step on the scales as think that it will be much higher than I want it to say! Maybe after a couple of weeks of fasting and exercise i will take the plunge again!

Have a great day everyone.

Hi Jenki I’ve made it through the day!! But I think Autumn is back – am freezing and can’t seem to get warm!!

Sounds like a good idea to avoid the scales until you feel ready, especially if you’ve got yourself back on the straight and narrow.

Greetings Little D and Kilda too.

x

best of luck little dragon for ur fast

hello Hilli

Hi BrisTon welcome to our little gang 🙂

When are you next fasting?

A negligible loss of 0.2 lbs for me this week!! But I feel smaller, having to do bras up an extra notch and belts etc, so things must still be moving.

Good luck to any Friday fasters.

x

same to you Zenki2…

Hi BrisTon,

how are you getting on?

Where is everyone else?

Hope you’re all ok?

x

Abandoned 🙁

I miss you guys!

x

Really sorry Hilly – I’ve been meaning to get in touch with you.

I’ve hit a bit of a wall with this. I’m just so sick of not losing any weight. I really wanted to lose a stone before Christmas but nothing is working. I’m up half a stone since May and not a pound has shifted.

I have come off fasting for now, but I am still lurking around. I have upped my exercise and will resume fasting when I feel ready to get back to it. I realise that I won’t progress if I don’t carry on, but I just have such a love hate relationship with 5:2 and putting myself through fasting without result since April is so demoralising.

I hope you guys understand. I am really sorry to not be able to follow you on your journey. I do want to shift more weight of course, but getting stuck like this is so frustrating.

Since Sunday I’ve been fasting for Losing excess weight.
    Cause it can make you feel better both physically and emotionally and can help you live a longer, healthier life…
    🙂

Hi Little D,

sending you some hugs!!

Still plugging away here but it’s very very slooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Miss you

x

hi ladies! Still plugging away here in the US. My weight loss kicked up a bit once I started more exercise. Hugs to you LD, I’m sorry you’re discouraged.

Hi there Kilda good to hear from you 🙂

I’m getting there slowly, stayed the same last week and gained a bit the week before!! But am 6 1/2 lbs away from my original target and finally have a BMI of 24.9 🙂 When I get to my target (something I couldn’t imagine being before I starting fasting back in January!), I’ll see where I am and how I feel; I may try for an extra seven pounds but that would definitely be it!!

Has snow arrived with you yet Kilda? Just dark and a bit rainy here!!

Love to everyone in our little clan.

xxx

hello fasting friends! Just wanted to revive this thread to say Merry Christmas to all of you. 🙂 I am trying to fast today in anticipation of eating too much tomorrow. I definitely will not be worrying about calories on Christmas. It is unseasonably warm here this week, with sloppy rain, not very Christmasy but I won’t let it affect my holiday spirit.

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones. 🙂

Hey there Killy Happy New Year 🙂 I’m still fasting was 9 stone 3.5 lbs just before Christmas – suspect slightly more now!! That means I’m only 3.5 lbs away from my original target! 🙂 I’ve decided to try and lose a bit more to get 8 and a half stone (119lbs) and then will be moving to 6:1!!

Glad you’re still going xxxx

Hello fasting friends.

Predictably, after some deliberation, I am now back on the fasting train. Sorry to be absent for so long, but I’ve decided that it’s time to undo all the damage.

It’s confession time: I started last Jan at 11 stone 3. I got down to 10 stone exactly at the end of April. From then, I didn’t lose anything, gained a bit, got demotivated and came off the diet completely, buried my head in the sand, and ate and ate, without exercising. Gained a full stone in total and I’m now back up at 11 stone. Disappointed isn’t the word, but can’t say I don’t deserve it.

I’m fasting today, first day in a few months, hoping to drop the pounds and get back to a better body in time for the summer.

Who’s with me?

xx

I’m with you! I haven’t lost anything in ages and got discouraged so here I go again, along with you!

Happy Fast Day!

Aud x

Hey LD good to hear from you. I am sorry to say I went over to the dark side and have been doing low carb! I am still sort of doing 5:2 but not religiously however I managed to only gain 0.75lbs over Christmas which must be a record for me!!

I want to lose 8lbs by the end of January which will put me on track to reach my final goal in time for Easter.

I will pop in and say hello and report my progress x 🙂

Hi JF – glad you are still doing well. Much better than me it seems – I well and truly fell off the wagon and ate my way back to my starting weight more or less. Urgh.

Good luck – remind me again what your goal weight is?

I’ve missed speaking to you all! x

Hi Aud

Good to see someone’s with me! How is your first day going? Mine hasn’t been bad at all if I’m honest, had a lot of water, herbal teas and a diet coke, and only a few hours til the end of the day and I can get home for dinner, I can’t wait!

LD x

Hi LD my initial goal is 10.10 but I would love to get to 10 stone dead. I am not sure if that is possible so 10.10 by 1 April is my aim and then I will take it from there.

Good luck and let’s stay in touch even if only weekly 🙂

Very well! Good luck! And let’s definitely keep talking.

My initial goal is to be 10.8 by 5th Feb.

Long term, I want to get under 10. I expect it’ll take me until the end of April to achieve that.

Ultimately, would love to be somewhere in the lower end of the 9 stone region.

Ah welcome back fasting friends 🙂

Haven’t dared to weigh myself yet but my work trousers are still too big, so hopefully not too terrible!! Am going to weigh Thursday morning, having completed my second fast of the week.

I have plodded on, don’t lose anything for ages and then a jump and then staying the same. Has been a huge change in my body shape though, have hardly any clothes that fit now, have gone down a back size and am trying to get my head round the fact that I am now quite small!! Had a bit of excitement before Christmas; was interviewed by a Daily Mail journalist and they sent a makeup artist and photographer to my home. Am buying the Daily Mail every day to see if I’m in there (not so far!!), funny since it’s not my paper!!

Keep going everyone and never mind if you’ve had a few months off, now is the time to get back on track and before you know it you will be feeling heaps better and slimmer again.

Am fasting today too! Had a tough day at work today, with two boys fighting, felt decidedly wobbly afterwards!! But I haven’t cracked so far. Am going to go for a quick run and then I can tuck into my skinnylicious soup whenever I want, which is around 280 calories for the whole pot!

So pleased to see everyone back.

x

Hi Hilly

That is simply amazing, congratulations – you’re a much better person than me for sticking to this long term. Would you let us have a link to your story once it’s been published by the Daily Mail? how did they even get into contact with you?

So impressed that you run on a fast day. I couldn’t do that I don’t think, but I will do my best to get up early tomorrow morning for a run before work.

What were your starting stats?

LD x

Here are my figures

Started last Jan at 11.3
    Down to 10 exactly on 1st May
    Gained slowly again, was about 10.6 for a while – this was about September
    Came off the diet completely and gained even more – now 11 stone 🙁

Ha ha never got to go for that run, was waiting for a callback that never came!! Was only going for a short one but will go tomorrow instead.

Don’t know if I’ll be in paper or not,(I think a team of journalists work on the story and the editor then chooses which to us use!) but it did make me feel very special having my makeup done and my hair primped. They said they’ll let me have copies of the pictures in anyevent once it’s all been published. A friend saw a post on this website asking for people to tell their story to a journalist; so after initially thinking no, no one would be interested in me, I thought why not and sent a brief email with my details. Will let you all know if I appear!!

My stats at 23.12 (not dared check yet!!) were:

Started 6.1.14 weight 11 stone 8.5 lbs Size 14/16, 34 F/G BMI 30.7
    23.12.14 weight 9 stone 3.5 lbs Size 10 – 12 32 F BMI 24.3

I’m 5′ 1″

Have to say am chuffed to say the least.

As a repeat diet failer (slimming world, weight watchers and Rosemary Conley), can only say 5:2 is amazing. If I can do it, all of you can, so just keep going.

xxx

Hilly you’re simply amazing, huge huge congratulations on your success and I am so chuffed for you.

Have you dared weigh in yet? Haha.

Your story makes me even more determined to stick to it. Not just from January to May like I was in 2014, but long term. I am excited to see where I may be this time next year. Hopefully fitting comfortably into a size 10, who knows.

I am fasting again today, sipping green tea. Who’s with me?

Hi Little D,

was fasting today too.

Had a plumbing disaster at home, my daughter knocked her radiator with her bed and the joint started spurting water, went down into the kitchen too. Total chaos trying to sort it out, we couldn’t retighten it or anything!! 3 slices of ham kept the stress monster at bay but did slip a bit just now with a chocolate digestive!!

If I feel brave will weigh myself in the morning!! That said now have no heating, so house will be freezing so not sure will want to expose my body to the elements for any longer than I have to.

You’ll soon get your mojo back Little D, you did so well last year. Life chucks these things at us, always look forward and you will be in that size 10 before you know it xxx

Hi just in case any of you pop by,

I’m going to feature in the Daily Mail tomorrow in the last day of their week on 5:2 fasting with an emphasis on exercise tomorrow.

x

Ooops no false alarm probably not after all.

Night all

x

hi all! It’s good to see the old gang posting in here again!

Today is my one year anniversary of doing 5:2. I suspended it for 2 weeks during my wedding/honeymoon in Hawaii in August, which gained me 6 lbs that took a month to come back off.

I was running for a while but a minor injury knocked me off it for a while, and then it got so dang cold. I will get back to it when it gets a little less frigid.

When I started a year ago, I weighed 200 lbs and wore a size 20 (US). I said I would be happy to get to 160 and ecstatic to get to 150. Today, I weigh 140 and am between a size 10 and 12. I’ve exceeded my original goals, but I would like to lose 5 more vanity pounds and get to 135. That would put me at a bmi of 22.5. I think that will take me till about April, so it looks like spring/summer will be goal time for most of us!

Here’s to all our goals! Hilly, did you end up in the Daily Mail? Would love to see it if so!

Kilda – you are amazing! I can’t believe how well you have done. I would love to see some before and after photos. You’ve officially lost 60 pounds, and that’s insane! Wow!

I so wish I had been stricter with myself last year, I was doing well until May/June and got so disheartened when I plateaued. I have promised myself i won’t do that again.

Hilly did you end up in the papers – would love to see your article.

Today I’m wearing trousers that I bought Christmas 2013 and couldn’t wear them because they were so tight. Then when I lost about a stone, they were loose on me, and now they are tight again. Depressing that I’m basically back at square one but hoping it’ll spur me on to succeed. Any encouragement gratefully received!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.