Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 14,786 total)

• Hello everyone, I still seem to be going well, even with a week of horrendous pain, but survived.

3/10 5.5kg total loss
    10/10 6.3kg total loss
    17/10 7.1kg total loss

I hope you are all doing great. I will now spend some time reading back through the posts I missed.

Hi Lindaanaf, if your drinking plenty of water, or tea constipation shouldn’t bother you that much, maybe have a glass of Metamucil in the morning with plenty of water. Your right too with the salads, I seem to have either salads or stirfry on fast nights, with plenty of onion, that gets me moving! Don’t forget a handful of nuts to is allowed and they should help, especially if your uncomfortable, but, it’s only one day so shouldn’t really be an issue. Hope that helps. What a wonderful result girls, you must be so proud these are the posts me should read back on when having an “iffy” fasting day a nudge of that AUSSIE DETERMINATION goes a long way, take care and be good to yourself…….CG

Kvetina, so sad to think you are suffering as you are, I wish there was a way to help you. What a fantastic loss for you, that must cheer you up and hopefully make things a hit easier for you, congratulations….CG

Evening ALL you amazing girls.I am so proud of you all for using your AUSSIE DETERMINATION to have such great losses at today’s weigh in.

KVETINA- what a fantastic loss. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I do not know what your condition is…. Can you contact your pallitive care team for support and advise on how to decrease the pain, Darling ,you are so brave…. take care xxxx

Country Girl- What a legend you are my wonderful buddy . WELL DONE!xoxoxo

FatBlaster- Hope your feeling better. You are also a legend! well done so far, I knew you could do it!
    The Gunpowder is great , not bitter, thanks for the tip .Lots love xxx

Lindaanaf- Congrats on today… To control the elimination concern try some oat bran mixed with yoghurt and fruit with your brekkie, or the metamucil like CG suggested and drink plenty of fluids .
    You are all an inspiration on this journey to better health . Have a fabulous weekend Yours always ………Go GAL

Lindanaf, My DH started 5:2 as he was bordering on needing medication for his BP. It only took 3 weeks and 3.7kg weight loss for his BP to be in the totally normal range. We started on 8/9/14, so about 5 weeks ago, and his normal levels have stayed the same for the last couple of weeks.

As for the constipation thing, welcome to my world šŸ˜† DH thinks I am strange at the best of times as normal for me is a bowel movement every 8-10 days. That has been normal for me for as long as I can remember. Now with all the medication I take, it can sometimes be once every two weeks. As long as I am well hydrated and eating a good amount of fibre it eventually happens. Too much information I know šŸ˜†

HEY Foxycoxy did not forget about you . I had to go back a page and my post would not let me edit.SOOOOO.. Congratulations on today.
    It so good that you are no longer on antihypertensives You must be feeling heaps better so hugs and well done ….. GO GAL

Go gal, I have advanced breast cancer. As for pain relief, I have so many different types, including Fentanyl patches. Unfortunately, I am super sensitive to opioids, so they the side effects tend to be as bad as the pain. I am trialling something new, but it seems to be taking time to kick in.

Its all good, I have been dealing with this for 8 years now, so its my normal. Many more people worse off than me.

xx

Hi Kevtina, Thank you for telling me alittle more about your self.
    I am a nurse, and talking off the forum to Counrty Girl I mentioned you , saying that there was some condition going on.
    I say this again to you ,YOU ARE SO BRAVE.
    Wishing you a more comfortable week ahead hoping that this new med kicks in for you very soon Janeen… Go Gal

Hi All Aussie Determination, loved reading all your comments. Very impressed Countrygal with your 5.6 kg loss in 4 weeks, what an inspiration you are to us all. Georgie63 your loss of 1kg in your first week, you should be very proud of yourself. I hope I do as well when I weigh in on Wednesday. Kvetina, well what can one say, your certainly one special lady, with great determination. Foxycoxy your weight loss of 5.1kgs in 4 weeks, you must be so proud of yourself. Can you and Countrygal put it down to anything particular that you do, that could be giving you such great results. Example, do you still try and cut down on your carbs, but still eat the amount of calories you are required. Fatbuster, I am going to try the green tea, as the herb teas got me through on my fast day, but I do know the benefits of green tea. Go Gal, thank you for the love that comes out from your comments to everyone and SoleGirl, looking forward to hearing how you are going each week. Lindanaf, I wouldn’t worry about not having a bowel movement on your fast day, as I would just ensure you
    have good roughage the next day. You are doing very well and did you have those bubbles?
    Great to hear from you all and the journey it is taking you on. Have a great weekend.

Hi

Hit 6.8kg end of 5 weeks this morning still have a lot to go. Weight loss is slowing a bit now but still going down.

feel great.

We’ll done everyone

Good morning Yellow Daffodil what a wonderful post you just did. I don’t really do anything so special, the only main difference on fast days is I make up a 2 litre jug of water and chopped up fruit, cucumber water melon, lemon. orange or what ever fruit other than banana, strawberries work well too, and I drink it all day in a nice glass or wine glass, (seems to be more appetizing than just a water glass)I try to eat up to my TDEE but very rarely do as I don’t need that amount of food. I have never been one for junk or fatty food, my problem I think has been meal size, so I went to the op shop and bought a small plate, I think it’s an old “biscuit/cake” plate you used to serve the visitors with. I find I am quite full enough and satisfied with that amount. I do eat a lot of salads or stir fry’s, but still love my mash and veg’s. The big thing too I guess, I have a lot to lose,I started at 99.5k’s on June 1, counted boring calories for 3 months only going down 5k’s then the 5;2 did the trick, I’m now 88.5k’s so over all 11K’s down in 4 months, so extremely happy. I’m hoping to get down to 70-73k’s which would be comfortable for me and giving me much more ease of movement I used to be in the 50’s but too old now to go that low as being too skinny is very aging and I don’t need help at that. I’m a young 63 year old and never bother with age figures but the mirror can disappoint along with the scales, all thanks to menopause,so time to take control, show my AUSSIE DETERMINATION and get on with living. My spinal surgery is due soon so carrying less weight should help with post op. as well as now. Have a great day, don’t let the numbers worry you, YOU CAN DO IT, we are all individuals and our body will go at it’s own pace, take care…..CG

Morning everyone, We are all incredible women and are sharing so much of our private lives with each other that I have decided to break security and formally introduce myself to you all. I already have a great friendship off the forum with Country girl . My name is Janeen , 58 yrs, a nurse, live on the beautiful mid nth coast in NSW. Have a great loving typical mere male husband who is a rock. No kids, love fishing on the lake that we live near, walking on some of the most beautiful beaches on this coast.Love my work as a nurse and have seen and done pretty of everything that my profession involves over 35yrs. I love research into anything medical and Usually have my head in some kind of book
    So there is just something a little more about your GO GAL………xxxxx

Hi Janeen, well I will break security too, we are such rebels šŸ˜† My name is Tanya, I am 50, still trying to get my head around that in some ways. Grateful that I made it, but in my mind I’m still in my 30’s. I live in the Snowy Mtns with my lovely fellow. We have been together forever it seems, but have decided to elope on our NZ holiday next March.

We live on 2 acres in an old farmhouse that we have just about finished renovating. We have become quite the hermits since moving here, its so peaceful and gorgeous that we rarely leave home anymore. I like to garden, crochet and read a lot. I’m teaching myself to sew. I keep our home as low chemical as possible, so make our own soap, cleaning products, shampoo ect.

So, that’s a little about me, who’s next? (Kvetina is Czech for flower)

Just an experiment to see if we can upload pics on here:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well that seemed to work :). Just hope its allowed.

Wow! Bali2015, You are doing really great. I love hearing what others have accomplished, it really gives me a lot of hope.

Thank you all for the little helps regarding my “Issue” I will try the Metamucil on Monday morning. And foxy, would you believe Thursday I bought dandelion tea/coffee! The girl in the health food shop suggested just that! And it is quite nice. It’s Healing Concepts brand. I still have the bp prescription in my bag… still hoping the weight loss will bring it down.
    Great news for your hubbys who have beaten it.
    Well, my name is Linda, I’m 56 and live on the Gold Coast, Qld. I live on acreage too, so lots of gardening! I work 5 mornings 5-9 at the Tafe, cleaning. So breakfast is always pretty late.
    When I did WWs a few years ago I got to my goal of 58kg and everything I ate was “no added fat” no added fat, so I thought I’d become Linda, with no added fat! Hence lindanaf. That’s me šŸ™‚

Bali15 , 6.8 in 5 weeks is awesome! No wonder you feel great. Keep up the great work šŸ™‚

Hi friends, my name is Jenny and I live at Mackay on the Central Qld coast. I choose Yorkygirl as my husband is from Yorkshire in the UK but saw the light and married an Aussie girl. I have two beautiful girls 14 and 16 who are size 6 and 8. I am size 16-18 and so want to look nice in photos with them. I’m 50 in January. I work full time for a training company.
    Who’s next

Hi all my new diet friends, well I might as well join the other rebels and tell a bit about myself. My name is Mary and I am 59 and with the my 60th next year, decided I had to do something about my weight or I was going to pay dearly for neglecting it all this time. I am like Countrygal, I am not a junk food or a fatty food eater, but I would say I am a comfort eater and also my servings were more than they should be. My body gets to a certain weight and then seems to stop, which is 104kgs. I did get down to 75kgs in 2006, but then I
    lost my mum to alzheimer’s and I completely fell apart. You feel so guilty and that you should have done more. You grieve when they no longer know who you are and then when they pass away the grieving starts all over again. Well the weight went back on, as I lost interest in myself and my mental state went very low. I got myself through it, as life goes on and you find little lives coming into your life, that look at you with such love and the words nanna. I have to do it for myself, but also to ensure I am around to see them grow up. I have 3 little grandaughters and I love them to bits. Oh, I forgot to say that I live in Brisbane. A big thank you to each of you, as I really do love hearing from you.

Well! I had no idea that there would be such a response from all of you in sharing. I took a RISK. We really are a bunch of AUSSIE REBELS!!!also incredibly honest women
    Thank you girls….. But PLEASE be mindful, all our posts go out over the Internet.
    Please do not not leave yourself vulnerable to those people that can prey on us through our forum.

It is good to know that behind our CALL SIGNS are real people . There are friendships wanting to be formed with others near and far from us. Think wisely if you are wanting to take it up. Find a safe and secure way to communicate with your friend so that you both are not at risk.
    Thanks again for your trust in my honesty……. GO GALxxxxxx

Wow, how wonderful, it feels like I am really getting to know you now.

Janeen, there is just something special about people who chose nursing. The nearest hospital to me (very small hospital) has this incredible nurse, she is in her 70’s. She knows the stuff that you can only learn from experience.

Linda, you know I tried but could just not work out what the “naf” part was, and now I know šŸ˜† I have lots of great memories of the Gold Coast, although it has probably changed so much in the last 10 years since I was there.

Jenny, love Mackay. We went up that way about 5 months ago, chasing the sun and avoiding our winter for a bit. It is so picturesque, you have it all, the beaches, mountains, hinterland.

A big hug for you Mary. Dealing with alzheimers affect on your mother must have been heartbreaking. Its wonderful that you have your little grandchildren to help you get through.

Fast day for me tomorrow, it should have been today, but just didn’t feel like it šŸ˜†

I’ve been thinking about that Janeen, I think I might set up a gmail account just for this forum. If it get spammed, then so be it, just close it down.

Hello beautiful people
    N wow , so much happened over last 24 hours. Love love love to know so much about you all. And I am so pleased to know more about each n everyone of you.
    Janeen, it really makes me happy to know more about my mum šŸ˜‰
    This thread is becoming more of a family now.
    Well, i’d like to break the security as well. My name is Kantiya, 33 year old with a wonderful partner and 3.5 year old son.
    I came to Australia 10 years ago to study, I met my husband here who forced me to stay here to be with him and bever looked back. I live in suburban Melbourne and love it.
    I am an Australian now, but Indian by birth.
    The decision to stay here in Australia was the best decision that I ever made and wont change it for anything.
    I am also a heart patient and may need to undergo valve replacement by next year. (I am scared) and losing weight will help me post op too. I generally dont give out this info about my medical issues but hey, now I am discussing with known people.
    And yes, i am adopted by Janeen šŸ™‚

I AM NOW TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!!!!!!!!!
    Hello,Kantiya.. just so lovely.. OH WOW!!!!!!
    I really am gobsmacked. Just need a moment…. Go Gal

Hi Kantiya, your name is just beautiful.

Thanks Tanya. Btw, i love the idea of making your own soaps, shampoos n so on…. So creative.
    Janeen hope you had a good day today, nit very tiring as you are always on the go.
    Fast day today , was kinda difficult today, dont know why, but I survived….yesssss….
    Sunday tomorrow, lots of cleaning to do. Better go to sleep for me…. Good nite everyone. Each and everyone of you is a rockstar here. I feel so blessed to have found this thread.

Hello ladies,
    I’m a newbie, just logged my starting weight and measurements and am ready for day 1 tomorrow. My fast days by coincidence will be the same as many of you, Mon & Thur as they are my busiest days and will be less likely to hit the fridge. I would like to join the Friday weigh in with you, the accountability will be a big help for me.

I’ve read through all your posts so far and have been inspired by each of you already. You are a group of amazing women, strong, brave and so very supportive of each other. With so much rubbish out there on the interwebs it’s so nice to come across so much positivity.

A little bit about myself…so I don’t feel so much like a stalker šŸ™‚
    My name is Maree, I live on the mid north coast nsw. I’m 43 yrs old and have struggled with my weight all my life. I lost 36 kgs in 2008 (got down to 60kg) by counting calories and going to the gym 5 days a week. After starting work full time in 2009 in a job where I am stuck in front of a computer all day 5 days a week I have slowly watched 25 of those kgs come back on. New Years Day this year I started counting calories again, (but no gym or any significant exercise) and have not achieved much, going down 3kgs then going straight back up 3kgs again then back down 3kgs and so on.

I stumbled across the 5:2 by accident this morning (clicking a link on a news article) and have been fascinated by all that I have read. It makes a lot of sense, and seems more achievable and maintainable than what I have been doing on my own.

So, that is me. Looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing with you.

Hi Maree and welcome to the group. Planning for your fast days makes all the difference. Have you worked out your TDEE. At the top of the page under HOW is the calculator.

Once you get into it, I am sure you will be successful.

Goodmorning girls and a big welcome to Reejo, your very welcome to join our friendly group. Girls, I have been thinking about you all night. I worry about your security, safety and privacy. I voiced my concerns to Gogal yesterday, via phone, hence her post. Please tread lightly with personal details. As Aussies, we are very open and honest and expect the rest of the world to be the same as we trust usually unconditionally, and love making new friends but with this being an open forum a lot of eyes see it which don’t add to this thread. If you can find a way of a separate communication system, which safe guarded your anonymity I would be all for it. I’m very private as a person, through experience and feel quite protective of you all. Kvetina if you can set up the gmail account you would still have to publicly give us the details, so please be careful. Of course we will ALL still need our 5:2 thread for support. Please don’t think of me as a wet blanket, just my maternal instinct is kicking in.
    Fast day tomorrow for most of us, I hope we all breeze through it as in the past although last Thursday proved a challenge to a lot of us for some reason.
    On reading “the book” you DO eat everything and anything you want without any calorie counting on feast days and that is the proven method. That should answer a lot of your concerns but be very stringent on you fast days with only 500 cals. You are mostly old hands at that now. Mix up your choices for variety, surf the web for ideas on low cal meals and enjoy the experience. Put your AUSSIE DETERMINATION to work because we know WE CAN DO IT…..have a lovely Sunday girls ……….CG

Morning girls! and welcome REEJO! have just returned from a beautiful mornings walk on the beach with hubby and our 2yr old Bichon Oscar(dog).We needed to do this after having linner (hubbys word for lunch & dinner) we had yesterday we had the best prime rump with veggies , beer and me a lychee cocktail..sooooooo good.
    Going shopping for the fast and feasting days for the week after a tea.
    Hope that you are all preparing as well for the fast day tomorrow. Have a lovely Sunday………..Go Gal

Hi girls, I hope you have had a lovely week end with plenty of well earned treats. I hope you’re prepared for tomorrow’s fast. I’m finding our weather dictates what’s on my menu. I made a big bowl of coleslaw which is very low cal and keeps for a few days which means I only need to bother with the meat or fish, especially on fast days, so no time to nibble and all very easy and tasty. Remember your AUSSIE DETERMINATION, it’s easy to get bored with routine, so mixing it up excites the taste buds and I find some new fast meals I try become feast day meals too, often with a slight twist. Good luck for this week, you are not alone, we are all there for each other and support is only a post away. Take Care, YOU CAN DO IT…………..CG

Good morning girls, beautiful day coming up in country Gippsland. My day is planned. Just made a jug of infusion tea for the fridge ( blackcurrant,ginseng and vanilla, yum). So will be sipping on that all day, coleslaw and chicken breast for lunch and tofu stir fry for dinner, all around 420cals for the day. Leaving room for something extra if I need it. Enjoy your day girls, don’t deprive yourself, it’ just careful planning, YOU CAN DO IT….let us all know what you are having, share your ideas, our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is spreading as we help each other. Have a great day, hope it is easy for you….take care…..CG

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie to this and after only 3 fast days, I’m already noticing results. I’m so glad to find this support forum. I’ve never really eaten breakfast, so I’ve been saving up my calories for one big meal in the evening, which works well for me. Last night it was roast lamb with heaps of steamed veg and baked sweet potato. With gravy it came in at 419 calories, so enough left over for the milk in my essential cups of tea, which kept me going all day :). Best regards to everyone, Kim

Hi Kim, what days do you fast, most of us do Monday and Thursday and we announce our news at our Friday weight in. Your more than welcome to join our friendly team our girls are all very supportive. Your dinner last night sounds yummy. I’m not a breakfast eater and although the old myth has been questioned on having breakfast, it does make fast days a lot easier. ….CG

Hi Countrygal, I plan on fasting Mondays and Thursdays too, which I followed last week, but yesterday was off schedule as I had plans to eat out today šŸ™‚ which is what is so fabulous about this eating plan – I can eat out today and feel no guilt whatsoever! Gotta love that. Thanks for the welcome. So much easier with the support of friends. Sending hellos from Hobart…Kim

Good morning ladies
    and hello Kim and Maree. You will find heaps of support and motivation here. I can tell this from personal experience šŸ™‚
    It is really Great to see so many wonderful people joining in.

Start of week 3 for me. Fast day today and I will have konjac noodles cooked with 40 grams organic tofu and heaps of veggies (no oil) A bowl full is only 128 cals, so looking forward to lunch time at 12… yum yum yum….

I ended up weighing myself on Saturday again(I know I said I won’t, however those scales kept on calling me šŸ™‚ so I lost total 1.2 kgs in second week.

Total loss in 2 weeks is 3.3 kgs and I am pretty happy with that. Just need another 0.7 kg to meet my target for October, as I wanted a realistic target and thought that 4 kgs for a month will be achievable and good to have.

There are still almost two weeks left in October, hopefully will be able to get down to that number.

I am going away this Saturday and will not be able to avoid food and drinks this coming weekend. So, I am planning for three fast days this week (Mon, wed, & Fri) before I go away. Hopefully I will have strength to do this.

Another good news is that I am fitting better in my clothes now and it really feels comfortable and nice.

I can proudly say that this group motivates me a lot. Thanks to each and everyone of you for being there šŸ™‚

Gosh, I don’t get on here on weekends so it was really nice to read so many posts and to hear peoples backgrounds and stories. Thanks so much for sharing….I will have to keep on checking to remember who is who lol! I love this forum, and find it really motivating and uplifting….if I am having a struggle with my fast day, I usually jump on here and it gets me back on track and motivated again..

I’ll a bit about myself too….My name is Kerry and I live in Albany, WA. I’m married to my wonderful second husband (5 years this Nov) and we have 7 grown up children between us…6 boys and a girl! Mine are all over east as they say in WA, so I find that hard at times.
    As my profile says, I was a malnourished child and skinny teenager, but started to have weight problems after my first pregnancy. Since then I’ve mainly kept it off, but have gone up a down a bit. My main weight gain came 8 years ago, when I lost my eldest son….I started drinking a bit too, which didn’t help….I still struggle with his loss on a daily basis as anyone who has lost a child (at any age) will tell you, it’s something that you never quite recover from…..I have however learned to live with it and have quite a happy life

I’m 51 and at start of this year was 90kg….my highest weight (lost mum late last year, so that didn’t help)….had high BP and full of aches and pains….something going on with my hip, so just have to lose it for my own health and well being….the way I see it….I’m lucky I still have life, so I need to make the most of it..

So fasting again today, with all you inspiring ladies and my AUSSIE DETERMINATION is strong šŸ™‚

What great news Fatbuster and make sure you really let your hair down and enjoy your week end, like you say, that’s the beauty of this way of life. Foxy What a traumatic experience for you, I don’t know how you coped, life offers so many issues but we are stronger than we think. I haven’t told you about myself;
    My name is Gayle, I have a renewed lease on life after a very abusive marriage. I moved to the country ( South Gippsland) 11 years ago and built my dream home on 2 acres. I first did my nursing training in 1971…. Ouch am I that old? I was a personal secretary for many years whilst my children were doing their schooling and shift work was out of the question. So went back into age and disability care when I moved here. So between working and landscaping my beautiful garden, love life to the fullest. I ate through comfort I think, gaining so much weight, but for the first time in many years, found peace, peace of mind. My daughter is 44 and my son is 41 they are my greatest friends, 2 grandchildren who I spoil and love coming to the farm. I have 3 king Charles spaniels, 1 persian cat, 3 cows and 4 sheep + 3/4 acre of garden. I’m wanting to take charge of my weight so it’s less pressure on my spine crushed nerve and bulging discs….surgery soon so I’m soldiering on. Take care girls, good luck with the fasting……YOU CAN DO IT….CG

Hi everyone, Iā€™m a newbie to this and today is my 5th fast. This support forum is awesome and will definitely keep me motivated.

I lost a kilo in the first week and then put on 400 grams in the second week.
    What are you all doing on non fasting days? Do you eat to your TDEE or under? I think I am counter acting my fast days with having too many calories on non fasting days. I have around 8 kilos to 10 kilos to lose.
    I exercise at least 3 times a week.

Co-incidently I have been fasting on Monday and Thursdays so that works out well.

Happy fast day everyone.

Hi Tizzy and welcome to our thread. We all wondered about the non fasting days and according to “The Book” you don’t even count calories on those days. Just eat normally, but be mindful of what you eat. That is the unbelievable charm of the 5:2 way of life. I find I’m more conscious of what I eat now, I’m not over indulging …….the biscuits with coffee…..smaller meal sizes….things just seem to happen naturally. Your exercise regime is wonderful and will be helping you. I’m unable to exercise much but have still lost weight. So it all boiled down to what and how often I shoved food into my mouth….take care and YOU CAN DO IT…..CG

Foxy, Life really gets difficult and you are one strong lady. There are times when I think that life’s been unfair to me, but as CG pointed out that we are stronger than we think and that is the beauty of being an empowered woman.

CG, I really like the idea of living on the farm, I am sure you must be loving each and every bit of it.

Welcome Tizzy, I guess you are already on a roll with exercising 3 times a week.
    My TDEE is just over 2000 cals as I have lots to lose, however I still aim for just under 1200 cals on non fast days. This is working well for me. (But I have more than 20 kilos to lose)
    More experienced 5:2ers like CG and Go gal also pointed out that eating lower than your TDEE is not a problem as long as you still have some fat percentage in your body.
    There is a topic in the forum which answers all questions for newbies, try reading that as it is full of hints and tips as well.
    Good luck and welcome

Thank you Countrygal and Fatbuster!

That explains why my weight loss hasn’t been as successful as others. Need to eat under my TDEE which is somewhere between 1800 and 2100 calories depending on how often I exercise.

I might try to stick to somewhere between 1200 and 1500 calories and see how that goes for me.

Thank you and look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Hello Determined ladies, and welcome Reejo, Kimmywoz and Tizzy šŸ™‚ After work today I went to see a movie, which is a great distraction on fast days. My tummy started rumbling! I was hoping no one would hear it! I keep a few sugar free sweets in my hand bag, so had a couple of those. They hit the spot. Today, about 1.30 I’m having a big bowl of salad and a slice of smoked salmon, with some apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Yum šŸ™‚ Later for dinner I’ll have stir fried veg. I always use coconut oil. It’s very good for you and tastes great!
    Happy fast day everyone šŸ™‚

Hi fellow Aussies šŸ™‚

I’ve just found this thread so thought I would contribute my story so far. I’m a shorty, and a bit of a round one at that, 48yrs – 160cm – starting weight 82.3kg. Today is my weigh in day after finishing Week 4 of the plan and to date I have lost 3.7kg.

First fast day of the week today, I like to do Monday and Thursday, and so far so good. I haven’t read the entire thread so best I go do that and familiarise myself with the contributors and their stories. Have a wonderful week everyone šŸ™‚ Cheers, Tania

Hi Tannybear, your very welcome to join us, you will never feel as if you are doing this journey alone. The girls are all very supportive and share their stories. It is fast day for most of us today, also Thursday, and we have a weigh in Friday morning with news of our loss…….or whatever. So join our AUSSIE DETERMINATION, enjoy the journey because YOU CAN DO IT……..CG

HI GIRLS! And a BIG AUSSIE DETERMINATION WELCOME to KIMMYWOZ,TIZZY & TANNYBEAR!!!!!YARHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Sorry for my late post…. Not a good day. MY fast went well and that was the main thing.
    Well our fast day is nearly over and we will wake tomorrow to a day of well planned sensible(with some treaties) day of eating .Hope your fast day was good.! I’m sure our difficulty with last Thursday’s fast was because of the cold weather that VIC & NSW had…But we did it and got through with all our strong AUSSIE DETERMINATION!

Girls thanks again for sharing YOU with the rest of us.
    Life will continue to throw us curve balls… meet them head on, do not give up. Do not let them make you feel weak..use them as teaching tools. The outcome is and is going to be awesome because you are doing it for you……. lots of love GO GAL

Kerry, I would love to just wrap you up in a great big hug. I am so sorry you lost your son and your mum. Do you have good support to help you cope? My DH lost his son when he was a teenager to cancer. What he found the hardest was that no one wanted to listen to him talk about his son. I think it was because most people don’t know what to say, so they avoid the topic at all costs. He says the pain never goes away, but with time it becomes bearable and you can enjoy the memories of the person not the pain of losing them. I hope that came out right, I’m not the best with words at times.

Albany is a great place, I used to enjoy going to Mt Romance Sandalwood factory and doing the “Gong, Bowl and Cone” (or something like that). It was the most relaxing and calming experience I have ever had, and I would sleep like a baby for the next couple of weeks. Its got nothing to do with drugs either šŸ˜† If you haven’t tried it, I can highly recommend it. It lasts about 1-1.5hrs and costs less then $20.

My legs are aching like crazy today. I spent the last 2 days taking all the grout out of our shower and regrouting it. What a sh*t of a job that was, way too hard on the knees and legs.

Welcome to all our new losers (meant in the nicest possible way). I am sure you will do well, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi all. Its night time in Sydney and tomorrow will be ny first fast ever!!!
    I am a bit anxious but I am also looking forward to give it a go.
    Nice to see all of you already on it! Congrats!

Hello Everyone,

This is Skubi from Adelaide. I am a first timer on here and looking for inspiration and help to loose my excess 14+kgs that has accumulated on my body from I am not quite sure where or how.
    Hope to start tomorrow as the first fasting day though still finding my way as far as best foods to have & to have not. I have downloaded the Fitness Pal App so am on the way….Yaaa.
    I think this way of eating is probably something I can and could stick to as I don’t have the best willpower when it comes to loosing weight.

I am 56 and 84 kgs. That would be ok if I was 7ft tall, but unfortunately I am vertically challenged and just make 5ft 2″ in the old scale.

I am a nurse and walk what seems to be a hundred kilometres per day but its generally to the tea room and back and as all the nurses on this forum know only too well, getting a meal break is preferable but not always guaranteed.

I think Tuesday & Thursdays will suit me the most to be my fasting days as they are the busiest days at work so lunch breaks are not high on the priority list.
    I have a supporting partner, so much so that he is keen to try this lifestyle change as well, so I won’t be the only one eating lettuce leaves at meal times.

I look forward to reading the posts and following along on everyone else journey and sharing mine.
    Lets get the party started…. šŸ™‚

Hello Lourdes and Skubi, and welcome.

Lourdes nothing to be anxious about, have a plan and you will be fine. Have you worked out your TDEE to know how many calories you can have on fast days?
    If not, the calculator is up the top under HOW.

Skubi, those sneaky kilos catch us all out šŸ˜† We all do fast days slightly differently. Some eat breakfast, some don’t. Some don’t eat all day and save their calories for dinner. You will work out whats best for you as you go along. Make sure you drink lots so you keep hydrated.

Good luck to you both.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.