Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,551 through 2,600 (of 14,786 total)

• Oh my goodness told gym owner that I was doing 5 2 he said he though it was a diet unhealthy affects your metabolism you need to eat more 500 isn’t enough 1900 non fast days way too much it’s a fad diet. It doesn’t work long term it teaches you nothing. You should be eating 5 times a day. You cannot do this long term all the usual uninformed bull. He said I should be doing about 1350 calories day. He pulled his calculator out and said I was eating more calories on 5 2 than I need. He said can you can do this at 60 I said I could. I did say explain the 15kg I had lost then, in 4 months.

I had to bite my tongue nearly walked out.

I told him I believe in this program I do not look at it as a diet I look at it as a lifestyle program that I can follow forever.

RANT OVER

Thanks for reading.

A BIG WELCOME to all new members….Thank you for joining us!
    DOGSABIE – what a truly lucky girl you are to have worked beside Prof Barnard.. One of the greatest pioneers of Cardiac surgery!How you must treasure those rewarding incredible memories and that feeling that no words can describe of amazing success of each particular challenging case. I have been fortunate in my career to have worked with many DR’s that have made life changing contributions to medicine…..each one instrumental in my continuing education and love of medicine.

Having the strog for dinner tonight.

Andrew……FB and I need you to post…. We need you!!!!!…….GO GAL

Ha ha ha ha haha ha CG
    Love your humour.
    Ps: i m rolling with laughter still

Good on ya Bali, love your confidence and belief in this WOL. your results speak for themselves.
    GG and Dogsabie, so oroud of you. People like you make a difference and have given so mych to community. Salutes!!!

Andrew can you use someone else’s computer to contact us?Maybe your is down!
    You have all had such interesting lives. We all have precious moments, they may not be world renown but they are what make us who we are. Fortunately our memory holds them as our path gets longer with each year. Well, we hope the memory stays, I can’t always remember what I did yesterday, but can tell you the names of kids in my first year class at school! Oh hum, bleedin’ age again! Lovely to movement today on our thread, often quiet on weekends…keep it going team..GG do you mean the mushie strog, sounds really yum…CG xxxx

Bali, I’ve given up telling anyone, when they ask how is it I’ve lost so much weight, as I begin to tell them they always interrupt with their version of a REAL diet! The lady up the road, who you daren’t argue with is on the All Fat Diet…she has lost over 20k ….must have another 30k to go, huge lady, shame, but can you picture her arteries? My daughter told me a lass she worked with, age 35 went on it, lost heaps of weight, had a massive heart attach!…..We don’t need to yell it to the world, just let them watch in awe!……CG xxxx

Are…..yes…..CG is that mushy strog!…..GO GAL hugs hugs hugsxxxxxxxx

Welcome Virginia..wow 2 Triathlons? Cant wait to hear how you go with 5:2.

Bali you have proven that 5:2 works what more do you need to say? I like to educate people and be educated ( I am a teacher)so I would of tried to educate the poor man!
    I think you did the better thing…..WALK AWAY 🙂

LOVE the BUZZ on AUSSIE DETERMINATION!

FB …what great results! For you and your husband…B2B I take my hat of to you.(CLAPS)

Andrew “Wherefore art thou?”

Countrygal, many thanks for recipe tips and ideas. By the way this mushy strong sounds interesting. Anyone have the recipe? Bali2915 yes you were righ to bite your tounge re the gym owner. My vote would go to medical doctors and scientists before taking the advice of a gym type.
    Go Gal yes I was lucky to work with Chris Barnard. He was a perfectionist and did his nut at the drop of a hat during surgery. He was wonderful to his patients though and once in the tearoom had no airs or graces. Not like many surgeons I’ve known!
    Yes I guess we all know people who believe in fad diets. Many South Africans are on some weirdo diet devised by a sports ? Scientist. I read his book. He advises a low carb diet – which is fine but then animal fat added to all meals. I’m afraid that many people who follow his advice are on the road to coronary heart disease.
    I too hate the shrieking and grunting that goes on in tennis. Maria Shriekapova is going to have the sound muted on our TV tonight. Happy dieting all.

HI DOGABIE- This is a recipe from “EAT LESS” from my Mum.chilli chicken
    250cals
    INGREDS
    4 diced skin less chicken breasts
    1 tblspn oil
    1 onion
    1 garlic clove
    1 400g can diced tomatoes
    1/4 cup chicken stock
    1 teaspn cumin
    1/2 teaspn paprika
    tin tomato paste
    METHOD
    Brown chicken in pain with oil
    Place in slow cooker
    Saute onion,garlic and place on top of chook
    Stir in spices and tomatoe paste….pour in stock
    Cook on high for 4hrs low for 6hrs……
    serve with low cal cheese and mashed/slices of avacardo
    a BIG tblspn of greek yogurt is my favourite garnish.

Hope you enjoy……..GO GAL XX

The mushroom strog GG I think Dogsabie wants. I don’t have it sorry.
    Just went for a quick trip down town, only 15-20 mins away, they have a country Target. Getting over hitching my jeans , although usually in gypsy skirts, but they are proving far too big now! Tried on 16’s they were too big, came home with size 14 woohoo, initially grabbed 16-18’s out of habit! So have to do a big sale on ebay, I think….CG xx

Still ranting sorry

He said to me this afternoon that when this diet fails and it is a diet come to me and I will show you how you should eat. I suggested at it wasn’t a diet. One of his trainer showed me the program of how to move around the program if you eat out And over indulge. I thought a fast day they said eat a bit lighter around it. Then I nearly lost it fast day and non fast day. GRRRRRRRRR I got so mad.

I said he program is followed up with medical evidence showing it works and how good fasting is for your body. He said but some claims are made up to suit the program.

I will show him when I hit my goal it will be a while.

Have to prove it to him now. New motivation.

Lesson learned if they don’t want to listen then I will not speak

Hop everyone has a great day

Bali, I so hear your frustration..your not ranting. They will be on some wicket with a commercial diet company or something they get paid to push. Just lay low, prove your self as you are and say nothing. Some people refuse to listen, especially to anything new, they hit it full on with negativity, but we know better. Time for happy hour…enjoy CG 🙂 xxxx

Golly Bali, I just realised, 15k in 4 months, wooohooo, you have proved it to them anyway, just smile and ignore their comments, send the frustration back their way. Take care and don’t let them get up your nose, we are here for you, that’s all that matters and we KNOW it works…and how healthy it is…..CG

– 5 meals a day
    – eat something every 2 hours
    – fasting is not good for your system
    – only protein diet
    – low carb n no carb diet
    – detox
    Blah blah blah blah

Bali …. I totally agree with you. Above mentioned lines, i hear everyday. Have grown up listening to these. Guess what??? I never lost anything while following that.
    You yourself are a living proof that this WOL works. 15 kilos lost n kicked in the butt….
    It took a lot of time for trainers to accept HIIT. I guess it will take more time to accept Intermittent Fasting.
    You are right, if they dont want to listen, lets not tell them.

People say things and rejects diets without doing any research or studies about it. Thats ok.

And yes, another thing, i lost heaps of weight couple of years back. Lost all that weight with exercising. This is supposed to be the best way of losing weight. I stopped exercising n gained all that weight back. WHAT, WHY, HOW???

Things need to be sustained, i know that if i go bk to my old eating habits, i will gain weight like i did before. So, i dont worry, when people tell me that I m gonna gain all this weight back when i start eating normally (rather abnormally it is! )

This is a WOL and is very sustainable. If we decide to leave n start eating abnormally then we are bound to get back where we started from, isnt it?

Bali, feel free to take out your rant as we allunderstand here n support you completely. You are doing so much exercising n following 5:2. You are only doing the best for your body, mantra is to continue doing this. If we fall off the wagon (we are just humans) we will start again. Oi oi oi…,,

Ah CG, arent you dancing now in size 14 jeans…. Wooo hoooo for you.

Veggie thanks for the claps 🙂

FB, a bit of disbelief actually but they fit beautifully, high waisted too which I like(now) and they give my back support. I enjoyed your post, all so very true, it’s lovely having your support back where it should be xxxx CG 😆 xxx

Evening Determinators…..
    BALI- I hear what your roar is about. It’s as actually as you say lack of understanding…. Gyms would like you to by the products that they endorse . They dislike the fact 5:2 is a easy sustainable way of controlling weight. Our neolithic ancestors had days of fest and famine… and plenty of exercise running around to find their food. Bone fragments of humans found in several archaeological sites found that most, if not all of inhabitants of our planet had a lean body frame in life. Keep on doing what your doing girl !15 kgs in 4 mths .. your a testament to what a sustainable way of eating and exercise are a good marriage.

CG- so amazing for you.Is your face hurting from smile that has not been off it since your shopping.SIZE 14 jeans !!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOO
    It was FOXY that made the mushroom strog . with ROBBIE”S suggestions. some posts back.
    Enjoy your evening . Have to add the philly to the strog……GO GAL xx

Hi girls, I just googled it and there is quite a few types on line…good luck picking one, doubt any would be too high in cals cause mushies are very low cal, tennis is on, looks like I’m watching it, can’t stay away….CG xxx….ps mushie strog I mean xxx

So……this week has been a disaster fast wise. For three days I have started out with the very best of intentions and gone well until about mid afternoon, then circumstances just proved too much (fun) to resist! (do three immaculate 2/3rd FD’s count?). I give in, it’s been rabble at my door all afternoon and champagne popping! So gimme a glass! Mmmm… worksgooood onan empty schtummick!….Think I’ll just have one’ve them smoked oyshsters….

Election day! And who could have hoped for such a landslide ousting of not only the idjit Newman , but his whole party!? (looks like!) Well, I did write some incendiary pieces on the local idjits (not to mention several candidate accolades for their opposition). Serves the sod right for calling a snap election over Xmas holidays when his opposition’s staff were all on holidays! If he counted on them not having time to rally and mount a challenge, it has only served to rile up the neighbourhood. And the social media underground. It is testament to the lack of confidence in the present leadership that it looks like a 19 year old boy has ousted the local member. Cool…. cackle… we really did a job on his attributes! The kid’s looking shell shot at the prospect of actually winning! Heh, heh, hope he does (we may not know til postal votes are in , maybe for days) He’s keen and sharp, just needs honing. Hell, I’m all for training on the job, worked for me. It’ll do him good to have all us baby boomers on his case about community services! And youth is trainable! I for one am quite over the likes of Mr Newman!

And Gym types who can only think beef stakes and cheesecake! I hear you Bali, I spent nearly six months at a gym and never hardly lost anything under their guidance. Even with all my transgressions I am not only losing weight on 5:2, but getting fit and really enjoying the journey with you all. I do not feel at all disheartened at tripping up. It hasn’t made any difference. I’m keen as mustard for the mob to get back to their Monday grind so I can go starve in peace! they are all noticing my new energy and trimmer bod, by the way. yep, winners are grinners around here!

Dogsabie. Thanks for sharing your history. Christian Barnard was a great man. I remember weeping when his technique swept the world and gave hope to people soo deserving. It has our generation’s privilege to help pioneer so many health initiatives. I’m amazed when I see the space age stuff they have now! And you would be no slouch to work in his pioneering team. Great men owe a lot to their ‘handmaidens’ and I know all about temperamental geneii. I scrubbed for a neuro bod who terrified the nurses with his tantrums. We could certainly swap hairy tales! But their work is so important one had to forgive them. I have a daughter and granddaughter doing icu and surg nursing, so I still feel I’m donating!

GG! So glad to hear from you! Was worried I’d hurt your feelings. I picked you for a caring softie immediately.(the best kind of nurse) I take it you live by the ocean somewhere. And I love dolphins, too. Nice to have you and FB home again. Thankyou for giving us another chance. xx

CG, I’ll do better. Promise. I’m so happy for you getting into size 14! And it’s so great to have proof that I CAN do it too! We all can. Hi to everyone I’ve missed out. have a good week end. Nite everyone. xxx Gypsy

PS, did I hear some one mention the GAAAAARK! Menopause? (Robbie?) Ha, remind me to give you my thoughts on that subject sometime……

Gypsy, was getting worried about you, glad you signed in/ clocked on….sleep well…CG xxx

Good morning team Happy Sunday, day of rest…feeling quite under the weather, not from alcohol, watch tennis then another 1 hour show I like, then tossed and turned till 2.00 ish before sleep finally came. Oh those awful sleepless nights. I still seem to wake early though out of habit….good day for a nanny nap mid arvo!Planning day girls I say girls, we seem to have lost our males, haven’t heard from gunadoit either. So, get some veg soup on, use up the veg in the crisper, no recipe necessary, empty those nearlly empty frozen vegs in the freezer, bit of stock or stock cubes and your away, how easy is that? Vic isn’t having the usual stinkin’ heat of Summer so still good soup weather, although I’m lovin it, the older I get the more appresive the Summers are getting. Just saw on the News Whitney Hustons daught tried suicide again, PLEASE if anyone is suffering depression, PLEASE seek help. That “black dog” hits so unexpedly but help is readily available starting with your GP. Life is so so beautiful, live every minute of it. I’m cooking a chicken today, will share parts with my ” boys” and the breasts will do me tonight and for Monday fast. Have any easy Sunday team, take it easy, kick back, hear the birds, smell the air and feel the sunshine….from within..CG 🙂 xxxxxx

Gypsy, our 5:2 is very forgiving, any mishaps will be forgiven, trust me,a couple of fasts is like Spring Cleaning the system…I’ve had a few too many carbs over the last couple of days BUT 5:2 is PART of our life NOT all of it, so live, love and be happy, don’t beat yourself up…CG xx 🙂 xx

Good morning crew hope you are having a lovely weekend.

I have Got over my rant now. I put it up on Facebook group I am on and gout over 200 replies, saying the same as here. It works keep going.

My goodness my eating has changed went to bbq last night they had all the snacks and drinks and foods. I had carrot sticks and homes. Followed by two lamb chops and small portion of kangaroo and crunchy noodles salad which was delicious. (I took lamb and salad) so full. I ate light over the day to allow for any indulgents came in just over 1200 calories for the day. My target is 1900. Amazing.

No other program has made me think and eat like this without fighting in my brain to eat or not to eat.

Bali

Good morning team. I always enjoy reading your posts. Go Gal many thanks for the recipe I’m going to try it tomorrow. Bali, have you watched the doco that the BBC did on Michael Mosley? If you have access to uTube its there. His research into the FD is not only his. He had assistance from colleagues both in the UK & the USA. The diet is backed by scientific research and not some mumbo jumbo from a gym instructor. I know who I’d believe.
    Gypsy take heart, we’ve all had a blow out. I may well overindulge today as we are going out for lunch. . Yippee no cooking!
    My current ambition is to be able to look down and see my feet, all of them not just my toes. Can anyone relate to that? I’m also lucky enough to be within a 5 minute walk of a beautiful beach. I’ve not swum for years as I’m too self conscious of my big fat body. I determined that by next summer I’ll be able to go for lots of swims.
    Cheers all and thanks for being there.

Good morning all. I thought as an experiment I would eat today like I did before I started the 5:2 just to see what it was like and how I would go. It is now 11.14am and I am DONE! Not sure how I did it before but I am feeling bloated, and ‘yuck’ back to the 5:2 from lunchtime on … and this is only week 3. It was a wporthwhile experiment to do. I was worried I would remain on that awful food intake again but Nooo! How good is our body that it puts up with and manages to function on what we put into it – be it good or bad stuff. It adapts perfectly to be able to continue even if it unhealthy.

Bali remember the old adage, if it ain’t broke…why fix it….you are doing so well, negativity is all around us, but it’s how YOU feel, how HEALTHY YOU feel, when you look in the mirror how PROUD you feel, keep up the good work, you are a testamony to our 5:2 WOL…
    Dogsabie, no body is worried about what YOU think of them at the beach, you go down and have a swim anytime you want, when I first started my water aerobics for my spine, I felt the same till I looked into the pool and saw others, all inhibitions were swept aside and we all just had a laugh and enjoyed ourselves, the went to the changing room, same…no inhibitions there either, we are women, be proud of it, we are not clones, so enjoy
    Ruxton, I’ve tried the same thing, the body just doesn’t need that extra fuel any more, it’s wonderful, just like Bali at the barbie, and I found the same too Xmas day, it was the chockies etc after Xmas that did my damage.
    Have a great day team, I’m watering and gardening, I’m watching my hills all loosing their beautiful green now with the gold and white showing, oh well that’s Summer…CG xx

Hi Ruxton24 and Bali2015, it didn’t take long for my body to tell me what it wanted to eat and what it didn’t. I agree it’s amazing what food we can do without when we just give our body a chance to tell us what it needs. My food bill is decreasing because I don’t need some of the foodstuffs I thought were essential.(bread for one!)
    Thanks GG for the slow cooker recipe. It sounds delish. I agree with CG that it pays to think ahead. My last fast day I didn’t really have a solid plan for my evening meal and ended up with a few bits and pieces tossed together that didn’t really fill me up enough. I was grumbly all evening. I should have prepared earlier. But I did hold off on eating anymore and feel triumphant that I made it through the day without going over the 500cals.
    I’ve been stewing apricots and plums and freezing them for winter. I use a silicone muffin tray to freeze them in. Once they are frozen the silicone peels away easily and I’m left with single serves that I keep in a plastic bag in the freezer. Stewed apricot in winter is like a little burst of summer.

Aaaagh! Ruxton, You nailed it! CG, don’t worry, Boss, I am so glugged and squirmy today it’s not likely to become a habit! Bluurk! Apart from sickly sweet wine I had some cream based dip in a cobbler loaf, used to be my favourite. It’s just sitting there like a big lump! Shades of how I used to feel. This morning I am having a fruit clean out (paw paw and dragon fruit) and lemon tea. Tomorrow I will be growling at ANYBODY who tries to disrupt my routine! Besides, I’ve had a taste of folk looking amazed and making comment on “My, how good, you look, dearie…” . It’s so Moorish!

And I hear you, Dogsabie, I also want to be able to wear a bathing suit without cringing in the deep! The veggie soup idea is so simple, CG, love it. Will try tomorrow, ta. I’m not really an alcoholic! and when I counted up the calories I over indulged in I wasn’t much over the 1200 on any of my botched days, even with the booze. Seems it just feels so wicked to break faith with the fast commitment. Not disappointing myself is one of my cardinal rules, so I’m a lifer now. Hope so.

BTW, the child politician didn’t quite get in, probably best for his ego not to achieve power so early in his career. But it has delivered a big message to the other party and it looks like Labour has won back QLD. An unjust Tyrant has been sent packing by the people. Good show. Thus endeth my interest in politics! (in case you were all getting worried!)Cheers!

Gypsie, just another thought on the “make up” soup, if you add a tin of kidney bean, white beans or anything in that line it makes it filling and still very low cal, hand full of parsley then freeze in portions when cool for fast days, I have been using sandwich size zip lock bags to freeze soup in, they take up less room than containers, cheap, and reusable or throw away. Spice it up with a few herbs, garlic, chilli whatever, get the culinary arts working…good luck, CG….xxxx

Hi everyone
    I did an hour pilates class this morning completely fasting (green tea only prior) and felt OK.
    When I ate lunch (some chicken and lettuce), I felt dreadful after, weak in legs, light headed, exhausted.
    My husband who is a big paleo fan, says the insulin burst from eating lunch, put all the glucose into my cells and I’m now hypoglycaemic. It sure feels that way.
    A similar thing happens to me when I do HIIT, but much, much worse, to the degree that I’m not doing it at all now.
    Has anything similar happened to anyone else with completely fasting exercise?
    thanks

Hello AD’s
    Sunday – rest day.
    Had a big night, food, drinks n desserts. I ended up watering my wine to reduce the amount that I drink. Works for me 😉
    I am not counting cals today as well. Same is hubby. Lots of leftovers. Our guests got a big tray of lebanese sweets n GAWWWWD, it is becoming so difficult to resist those. But I need to. Come on AD’s let’s share lebanese sweets…. LOL
    Plus side, i met one of my friends yesterday after 6 months n her jaw dropped. She just wanted to know how I did it. So slowly, i told her about 5:2. She thinks its too difficult for her as she is a foodie. But wants to loose. Well, i think she will come bk to know more about this WOE as i told her to watch Dr Mosley’s documentary.
    I also told her that my ultimate goal is to loose 8 kilos more. She said that if I lose more, i will start to look like my son’s elder sister n not look like mum anymore. BIGGEST compliment ever.
    I know that 71.4 kilos (my current weight) is still far from being ok, but i got a real big confidence boost from this conversation.

Thought to share it with AD first thing… 🙂
    Hugs n love…….. FB

FB what fantastic news, lovely to get that reaction, I’m having a no count week end too, just to see how it goes.
    Katietas, I’m not sure, a few of our members will know about sugar, my only suggestion would be to eat something before you exercise, but one of the girls might be able to suggest something for you, maybe don’t exercise on fasting days either. Doesn’t sound good does it? Please take care, are you diabetic? …..CG xx

Katietas. I don’t see why eating some chicken and lettuce would spike your insulin levels. Food high in carbohydrates is more likely to do that. In my opinion, unless you are a diabetic its probably not hypoglycaemia. Of course I may well be wrong. It might be a good idea to eat before you exercise. What do the other nurses think? Since starting the 5:2 I’ve been going for an hours walk before brekkie. I haven’t experienced any of those symptoms. If they persist Id recommend you see your doctor. Good luck.

Hi All 🙂 Just skimmed some posts and will read more thoroughly maybe later. Been offline for about four days, so much to read!!

Weighed in last Fri. and got just below the 60 mark but not too sure I’m still there today after a couple of family birthdays and now mine so….. waiting to be taken out for lunch. I’ll think about it all again tomorrow, that’s whats so forgiving about this plan. Good eh.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone cos Monday is coming (actually will be relieved to get back to normal). YY

Yum Yum, happy birthday…don’t even consider counting calories today. You have a wonderful day, it’s your birthday so eat what you want….tomorrows fast will “spring clean” any over indulgence. Golly at under 60k, I don’t see why you would care, your appetite would be so small anyway…..You have a lovely carefree day..CG 🙂 xxxx

Hi team, just thinking, it makes you wonder how, prior to joining our 5:2 journey, we managed to eat so much. I wasn’t counting today, but out of curiosity, just calculated my intake today on MFP. 1006cals. TDEE is 1300-1500 depending on which site you believe. I had instant coffee with a dash of skim milk for brekky
    Seafood cocktail wrap in lettuce for lunch
    Tonight is..
    Roast chicken breast
    2 baby spuds
    Very small 41g parsnip
    Caulie, small head
    Mixed peas, corn, carrot 1 cup
    Bit of instant gravy
    Bit of philly spread made into sauce ( forget who gave that hint..so sorry)
    So dinner is 384cal
    Just had a cappuccino (after my nanny nap) espresso coffee 1 cup of frothy skim milk
    And will do for supper in front of the tennis (last game woohoo) normality will return
    and to make up 1000 so MFP doesn’t have a hissy fit I’m have my favourite bikkie a spiced speculaas, just so I can get the 5 week forecast.
    Now that is a big day of eating for me, doubt I’ll get through all my dinner, so left overs for the boy’s tomorrow night, all the yummy bits….
    So just proving what a wonderful way of life our 5:2 is, I will be so full tonight and still well under my TDEE
    Hope you don’t mind my prattle, but shocked and proud how this way of eating works… Are you finding the same is happening for you?…..CG 🙂 xxxx

Hello everyone! Posting after a week and the thread has jumped leaps and bounds 🙂
    Weighed myself yesterday, no change from last week ( 79.5 kilos). weekends are my bane – I eat junk during them…. Oh well, going to try 4:3 next week – Monday, Wednesday, Friday- and really focus on eating well during non-fast days too. Let’s see what happens.
    Have a great fast day tomorrow guys and gals 🙂

Katietas, I Agree with Dogsabie, Chicken and lettuce would not cause an insulin rush. But insufficient circulating glucose could well be the cause. Hypo glycaemia doesn’t need an insulin rush to happen, just lack of glucose. (I’ll try to explain) But firstly, I nearly always exercise BEFORE eating in the morning and don’t get the delayed effect, when eating later, that you describe. Tho I wouldn’t push exercise after a long period of total fasting. Or in extreme heat. You have to be wary of muscle meltdown (which gives rise to lactic acid) and acidosis. This will make you very ill indeed, but it’s usually only extremes, like marathon runs that keep an athlete going to that point. As in most degrees of heat exhaustion, you would be falling down on the spot.

Providing you are properly hydrated and not half starved or twiggy (with no fat to feed those exercising muscles), plus not pushing too hard beyond your fitness level, it should do you no harm and may even be good for moving fat deposits as they fuel the working muscles. However, muscles depleted of glucose/ burning cals (think of it as petrol)from exercise do seek replacement, either from diet or breakdown of your fat stores , or muscle, if those are not available. ( Given that Chicken (protein/fat) uses more energy, to digest it, rather than supplying energy, as a starch, sweet or carbohydrate does, then it could cause a wave of muscle weakness (like the straw that was just a bit much, without fuel) It should be transient, while the system goes fossicking for stores. If you’re fit and don’t have any underlying conditions (emphysema, diabetes, heart anomaly etc)slowing the process you should recover over a short space of time. If not then you need something sweet pronto. If that doesn’t give pretty much instant recovery, then you need a Dr to check your fasting glucose levels etc.

But for simple first aid : If it happens again I would have something like an apple or apple juice straight away. Or better still, immediately after your exercise, to prevent it.

It is a bonus WORTH REMEMBERING that immediately after exercise is treat time. IF YOU EAT SWEET THINGS WHEN YOUR MUSCLES ARE GASPING FOR FUEL IT WILL GO STRAIGHT TO THEM AND BE GOBBLED UP – NOT CONVERTED TO BODY FAT. This has the benefit of feeding muscle so it grows faster and muscle in turn, burns body fat.
    There endeth the blurb -as I remember it.(from lecturing schoolboy footballers on sports nutrition.) Hope it helps. Short answer is, your Hubby is probably right re hypo. You can probably avoid it happening by sucking abarley sugar lolly. Cheers! Gypsy

Um… if you are in the zone, just make sure it’s not pregnancy!

On The other hand….if your zone is at the other end of the scale THIS MIGHT ENLIGHTEN: (As promised, Robbie )

TAKE PAUSE
    To me menopausal mates
    (In the younger set)

Take pause : That’ll be your ticket
    To a long hairy ride
    Your whiskers will start growin’ –
    You’ll wanna’ run ‘n’ hide

If you’re headin’ down THAT highway
    Girlfriend – get a GRIP
    Better keep your humour handy
    You’ll sure need it on the trip

Nah…don’t despair if you’ve lost it
    Just come ‘n’ talk to me
    Yeah, I KNOW the world’s agin’ you!
    ‘N’ their faults are all YOU see.

All your bits are droopin’
    It’s hard to even PEE
    All the quacks’ll hand you
    Is the flamin’ HRT

That’ll scare your dwindlin’ wits
    ‘Cos they’ll say they can’t be sure
    If the side effects of hormones
    Give you cancer or the cure!

Others will assure you
    They know what it’s about
    Hah! “Your ‘factory’ is extinct
    Best to chop it out…. “

Yeah, they’re hit ‘n’ miss
    While you are mess and stress
    Who’ll survive around you
    Is anybody’s guess

Some hubby’s can be helpful
    Others can be vile
    True friends give you comfort
    The rest will run a mile

The ‘fairies’ may descend
    Just to add a little zest
    If they lead t’ward religion
    Maybe witchcraft would be best….

Yeah, the stronger you have been
    the harder you will bend
    But the panic and the flushes
    Make you stronger in the end

You will know fragility
    If you never did before
    You will know just what you’re made of
    If you ever were unsure

‘N’ that’s the whole darn point
    You will get it in the end
    That heady sense of freedom!
    While you’re slidin’ ‘round the bend

Take Pause at the crossroads
    Evaluate your life
    You can wither on the vine
    Or… get a Harley and a LIFE

Final prescription
    Take pause: If you laugh until you cry, you’ll be back where you begun. Try to smile once in a while and….er….avoid a full moon until it’s done!
    MCB (the Gypsy)

Gypsy……cracking up as I happily slide round the bend 🙂

😆 😆

Cheers! Yum Yum, happy birthday!

I see you cackling CG. Got the tip re beans in the goo, Ta. enjoy the tennis. xx

Gypsy, I feel you have been watching me over the last few years with your poem or is it written from experience? Fortunately, it’s wonderful when most of it is over, hay girl!…CG xxxx

Apart from the short term memory still giving grief at times, haha…CG xxx

Well done Gypsy on your poetry. Yes those on the menopause thing , do stay away all from the HRT too many “coincidences ” with breast Cancer.
    I’m enjoying the tennis too. Like most things in life a lot happens between the ears. ie the mind. Murray seems to be flaky in that department. We will see.
    Not too many elite sports people who are obese. Not brain surgery to work out that they burn up massive amounts of energy.

Dogsabie, why did they stop the game, I went to the loo so missed why?…CG

Novak has a strange leg problem too, interesting!…CG xx

Viewing 50 posts - 2,551 through 2,600 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.