Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 14,786 total)

• HI YD & FB,…..GG here,MY darlings please cheer up.YD ,I went 3 weeks between 80-79kgs and thought BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY!!!Then I changed to drinking just water and green tea and smaller portions at meal times but included protein in each meal so I felt fuller.
    Last night I had 2 above standard glasses of wine (without ice cubes)weighed this morning and guess what I put on 800grms, no longer my 77.5kgs after my back to back fast. The lesson I have learnt DON’T DRINK WINE!!!!!!
    Be strong and do not feel bad , as the Wonderful CG said “in 12mths we will look back at the ease of 5:2 and wonder why we stressed.”
    WE ARE AUSSIES !!! FULL OF DETERMINATION!!!! and WE ARE GOING TO MEET OUR GOAL WEIGHT!!!
    HI everyone, hope you are all having a great weekend……. LOVE & HUGS GO GAL

Thank you go gal, yes I will persevere, as I know it will eventually start to come off. After knee surgery, I am now back to walking, so at least I am now getting some exercise. I didn’t put on, so that is something. Wishing you all a great week. YD.

Good morning team on this very cold wet Gippsland Sunday morning. I picked up my 2 beautiful teenage grandchildren yesterday and they are staying till Tuesday (cup day) when my daughter will pick them up. I know well before my Friday weigh in that there will be no loss this week, but this time is so precious for us to be together it takes priority. We are going out for lunch today possibly tomorrow too, finished a yummy dinner last night with a delectable trifle my grand daughter helped decorate so my 5:2 is out the window. I might do a back to back Wed and Thurs, but will think about that when the time comes. Life and family come first of course so like I keep saying, be good to yourself, enjoy life, the 5:2 is forgiving, my AUSSIE DETERMINATION will take over once they go home because, I know I CAN DO IT. Have a wonderful day, even a long week end if your having one, take care…….CG

I understand exactly what you are saying CG, you are not giving up, just living life… And that is an important part of 5:2 from what I can gather. A little bit the same here but with lots of stress around a very sick family member, I am doing the best I can but I know now is not the time to beat myself up if I don’t stick to the plan 100%
    Looking forward to the week ahead….. Hope you have all had a lovely weekend.

Deaj our thread is to support each other but in times of stress and illness, that support is best served to your family. We will always be here for you, I hope things go okay for you as you say 5:2 is flexible, we can live a normal life too. Both you and I with family at the moment so take care, I will be thinking of you,
    Yes we are having a wonderful time, beer battered fish at the club, so really going to struggle this week, but lovin’ every minute with my grand kids, the age they are makes it so much more enjoyable too. Marked down to more precious times with them that they will remember, more so than a fat/ skinny Nanny he he,
    All the best…..CG

Deaj , My thoughts are with you too. Enjoy the time with your family be their strength in this difficult time , they ultimately come first . We are here if you need support , if you need to write your feelings down. Take care of yourself. ……THINKING OF YOU….. GO GAL

Hi everyone, I have such a hard time keeping up with all the posts…I so need to login more often. So, that said I’m going to have to hand out a blanket congratulations to cover everyone as guaranteed if I start listing people I’m bound to miss someone out 🙂

Congratulations to all those who have lost last week and congratulations to all those who may not have but have decided to not lose hope and continue their journey.

I’m due for weigh in soon too but last week I was down 1.2kg which I was happy with. Puts me at 5 weeks in and 4.7kg gone as of last Tuesday.

Oddly enough the morning before I was 300g up – go figure 🙂 I was reading an interesting article on the “Fast Day” page that spoke about tracking weight every day so that you can start to see the fluctuations from day to day and identify trends so I am going to do that out of curiosity. Given the scales can be unpredictable due to water retention, water loss, sodium, hormones etc I’d like to see from day to day how my body goes an try and correlate that to my daily diary based on my nutritional and water intake. I tend to find my clothes are the best indicator though.

Greg, that was an interesting post re the pasta; I didn’t know that. I don’t tend to eat a lot of pasta however my OH just loves it. He’s decided to do 5:2 as well even though he has no weight to lose. It’s only taken us a year since watching the documentary to get started lol.

Annie49 there is a really yummy soup recipe in the Fast Beach diet book if you like your soup spicy. It is Thai style and you can add prawns if you want to. Do you like spicy food? I’ll dig it out and post in case anyone wants it. Otherwise, miso is a good, healthy soup which you can buy in packets or just buy some paste and mix into hot water. I personally can’t drink it any more as I did a cleanse early last year which included the miso and I had to have so much of it I can’t even bear the smell of it anymore lol. However it is a very healthy and low cal option if you like it.

Country Gal I have to say your posts always make me smile. You are so generous of spirit, as is everyone on this page, but I somehow have you visualised – in my mind – as the Matriach of the AD thread doling out empathy, pearls of wisdom and just some good, old, down to earth common sense 🙂

It’s lovely, and often touching, to see how each person on this thread does their best to support others. It is really quite heartening, given the troubles in this planet of ours, to see a group of people come together and offer each other compassion, care and support. Not enough of it in the world I sometimes feel.

Anyway, folks, enough from me as I need to get some sleep. Take care and have a wonderful week. Cheers, Tania

PS ensituacionderiesgo – I like your name – things always sound so much better in Spanish 😉

I only discovered the Fast Day page last night and here are some great success stories if anyone’s interested. Definitely motivating 🙂 Cheers, Tania

https://www.fastday.com/how-it-works/success-stories/

Here’s the article about the scales and tracking weight daily. Boy you can tell I have an RDO tomorrow – 3.57am lol.

https://www.fastday.com/fasting/why-the-scales-dont-tell-the-truth/

Goodmorning team. Another fast day has arrived if you are doing it today. It is becoming second nature to most of us now, we know from past fast days what works for YOU, and you know YOU CAN DO IT.

Tannybear, thank you for the lovely post and comments, and yes you do fall behind if you don’t join us each day, we are the support team, you are not alone as you see, it does give you confidence with daily post as you realise you have friends on this journey.

I will be a bit more cautious today with food but wont be fasting, I promised the grand kids Chicken kiev and mash for dinner with peas so that blows fasting in just one meal! Depending when my daughter gets them tomorrow, (waiting to hear) I might fast Tuesday. How flexible is our 5:2, just fantastic!

Well, I hope you pick a winner if your into the Spring Carnival, be kind to yourself, life is so short so enjoy it. Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION be your guide….take care CG

HAPPY MONDAY….. YES it’s fast day! & a new week of our new lifestyle.
    Have we done our 4 P’s? PLANNING,PREPARATION,PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE….

Tomorrow being CUP day.. There will be lavish lunches with tempting goodies and the glass or two, three,four of fizzy pop.. Champagne… Hope you are winners in some of the races tomorrow… BUT YOU KNOW….. YOUR WINNERS ALL READY!!!!!!!

Keep the spirit of AUSSIE DETERMINATION… because ….YOU CAN DO IT!
    Enjoy…… GO GAL

Good Morning One and All
    Had a super busy weekend cleaning every nook and corner of the house. And my almost 4 year old makes sure that I have more and more cleaning to do 🙂
    So missed out on most of the posts during weekend.
    Mum (GG)thanks for your encouraging words, you know that I always get a boost from each and every thing that you say. 800 grams up is due to water retention from wine. Please don’t say a total NO to glass of wine here and there if you enjoy it. I always make sure not to step on scales for at least 2 to 3 days after I consume any type of alcohol. And yes you are still in the running to achieve 75 kgs until 15 Dec, so you GO GAL…….. 🙂

CG I really hope that you are having a wonderful time with your grand kids. It is very important to cherish these moments and you are doing exactly the same. Just make sure not to weigh yourself straight after indulgent days to keep up the motivation 🙂

Deaj, good wishes your way and you are such a strong person. As others said, we are an AD family and always there to stand by you whenever you need us. Believe me the support in this group is second to none.

AndrewOfCastlemaine, 200 gram weight loss is much better than no loss or a gain. You have a very positive attitude and thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Tannybear, amazing read and thanks for the links to articles, enjoy your RDO. And yes, congrats to you too for amazing loss.

FAST DAY for me too today. I did a fast day on Saturday as well. I planned on water only fast, however ended up having an omelette for dinner with heaps of veggies (CG’s recipe) and used the tip of using two egg whites and only 1 yolk. Thanks for the tip again!!!

I am planning on using my cals (approx 300, rest 150 goes in skim milk coffees) for dinner tonight and will go with water all day today. Really hope to lose something at this week’s weigh in.

I have noticed that I find it hard to eat up to 1200 cals on non fast days as well, unless I eat out. Yesterday, I had to stuff myself with veggies and fruits to get to my 1200 cals allowance. So, this WOL really helps to make vice choices.

Enough from me now, and all the best to everyone for Fast Day today!!!!

My FB…. just love the strength & confidence in your words… You are amazing!!! You have become awesomely determined, as I have no doubt that you have always been like this … just needed to be motivated in the right direction…. SO SO PROUD OF YOU! lots of hugs…… XXXXXXX MUMMA GO GAL.

GO GAL….. This is for you
    Smiley gets a big hug

FB….See you are amazing…..Thank you my angel. Are you on Skype yet? ….GO GAL

Hi GG, I am yet to make an account, actually yet to download it on my phone. I am lazy. he he he…..Its one of the things on my top priority for today

Good morning Team! Lots of posts to catch up on and I won’t comment on them all, but say well done to all just for keeping on, especially when you don’t get results on scales….

I have had the most AWFUL weekend food wise…..lots of snacking and gogal I wouldn’t worry too much about 2 glasses of wine…..I had over the weekend….a whole bottle of champus and a bottle of sav blanc! BUT…..I am back on track today, and WILL NOT weigh myself until Friday…..am planning a 4:3 week with a BTB fast today and tomorrow and my normal Thursday….really want to see if this will cancel out any major blowouts like I had….I will say though, that I did eat heaps of vegies and fruit….strawberries in my champagne 😉

CG how wonderful to have your grandkids with you, glad to hear you are making the most of it and having some fun..

FB….love your posts and how you are inclusive of everyone…..I back up all that you say with your encouraging words

Have to fly now and help hubby with jobs around the garden

Have a great fast day all that are fasting 🙂

oops, GG Do you want to delete your post (if you can). I dont know how safe it is to put your mobile number here. Not because of the present members of the group, they are all amazing, but you never know who else may be reading the thread. I dont know, I am overwhelmed with the amount of risk that you have taken for a lazy me….. I am so sorry… 🙁

Foxy, you are such a star and so strong to fit in BTB fast. All the best, hopefully your weigh in is as good to you as well.

I am starting my fifth week on the 5.2 diet. I fast Monday & Thursday & I have managed to lose 2 kilos so far.. happy with that! I have been weighing myself on a daily basis but I think maybe I should just weigh weekly, all the better for seeing the result. Good or bad. Lol.I have been having a smoothie for breakfast & then salad & some protein for my dinner.. some days are much tougher than others, but I do find that it is made easier by knowing its only for a day. tomorrow I can eat normally. Good luck to everyone on this journey. After failing for so long I feel this may be the answer for me; a plan that I can follow for life. Here’s hoping.

Hi daiseymay187 welcome to our thread. Your on the right track now, we have plenty of support and human stories so you know we are all going through the same as you and YOU ATE NOT ALONE! Hang in there with AUSSIE DETERMINATION, it really helps….CG

You ATE not alone lol, ha! Ha! Too true too true…you ARE not alone! Sorry…CG

It’s all under control…… so ph

Mum, Yipeeeeeee, I made a skype account…. my skype ID is kantiya.kantiya
    Tried to find you with your name, but was not sure which one are you, so may be if you want to add me on skype. Sorry, still new to this

FB …. cannot find you under that name on skype. please phone….GO GAL

Good morning all, I’m just catching up on multiple lovely posts and wishing you all strength and determination if you’re fasting today. Congratulations too on all of your losses/maintains on Friday – I had a 0.7kg loss which I’m really pleased with. Thanks for the ongoing encouragement everyone, and thanks for the links TannyBear – I do love a good success story! (and yes, my ‘name’ would sound positively boring in English, but it sums up my situation exactly!)
    All the very best to all of you, Ensitu.

Country Gal, I think you deserve the time off being so strict whilst the grandkids are there. Enjoy them and have fun, you can jump back on the wagon when they go home.

Go Gal, enjoy the lunch tomorrow and splurge a little. That’s what parties are for 🙂

Fatbuster & Foxy, you put me to shame. I haven’t done any housework or gardening this week. My house is a mess and the veggies have been raided by my little possum pals. Maybe I can start counting my housework/gardening as exercise as at the moment I don’t do a scrap of it (shame on me!).

dasiymay187 I’m sure you’ll do incredibly well on the 5:2 and you’ve already lost weight so you know you can do it 🙂 Good luck for the week ahead.

Fast Day gone well for me and I hope for all of you too. Weigh in day for me tomorrow so we shall see what results the scales bring, although weighing in after a fast day is always motivating 🙂 Take care ladies and gents and have a lovely week. Cheers, Tania

TannyBear….gardening is actually my job too….hubby and I have our own business….I am his ‘mule’ ie….I do all the labouring (well a lot of it hehe) whilst he runs the machines! It does keep me fit and I love it when I’m working on a fast day as it takes my hunger away….just don’t think of eating when your on your hands and knees weeding!

Good luck with you weigh in tomorrow…..let us all know your good news!

Just about due to have my fast day dinner…..warm vietnamese beef salad with konjac noodles! Yum 🙂

Hope everyone else is going well!

Hi all if anyone is keen here is the Fast Beach recipe for the Vietnamese Pho. You can add extra veg, prawns or meat or just use it as a bit of a filler before or after meals. Either way at 48 cals for the basic soup it’s pretty good value. I don’t usually use noodles but I add them for the OH and use the Changs lo-cal wok ready noodles and the calories for 100g are negligible. Extra 50g veg adds about 10-15 cals.

Vietnamese Prawn Pho
    2 stems lemongrass
    2 tsps fresh root ginger, grated
    4 kaffir torn lime leaves (I freeze what I don’t use to save on wastage)
    1.5l vege stock
    1 tsp palm sugar or light brown soft sugar
    3 tbs Thai fish sauce
    juice of a lime
    8 large prawns
    50g bean sprouts
    Thai basil leave, mint, coriander and finely sliced chilli to serve

Use a pestle and mortar to grind the lemongrass, ginger and kaffir lime leaves. Add the paste to saucepan with stock and boil for 10 mins. Add sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, tasting to check for balance. Cook prawns in broth (2-3mins). Add bean sprouts, herbs and red chilli to serve. Shirataki noodles can be added at negligible calorie cost: cook noodles and ladle hot pho on top.

It is super yummy. I love chilli so add extra but you can leave it out if you don’t like the heat 🙂 Enjoy!

Foxy your dinner sounds yum. I love Vietnamese style cooking 🙂

Good morning everyone

Stood on scales this morning oh no on went 300g first time in 9 weeks. Too much picking on the weekend. Reminds me of a saying

Little pickers wear big nickers.

Anyone out for the Melbourne cup day at a local hotel. Non fast day.

Had fast day Monday and will do Thursday. Not looking too good for weigh in day Friday. But that’s what this way of life is about flexible allowing for social days out.

Hi team, meeting my daughter at the half way mark between us with the kids….for lunch….more decadence but hay, it’s family I don’t get to see a lot of. Back on 5:2 tomorrow for two days, see how I go. Have a great Melbourne Cup day, let your hair down champis and nibblies, perfect weather for it ( storms predicted latter in the day 100k winds)
    Life goes on.

Be good to yourself team…..CG xx

Good morning everyone! Hope those that fasted had a good one, don’t worry too much Bali2015….like you said it’s a way of life….I’m very guilty of weekend picking too. And one gain in 9 weeks is pretty good going!

CG…..I hope you have a wonderful lunch and yummy food with your daughter and grandies today! I am very envious….my boys are all over east, so I only get to see them every 1 – 2 years…..so I can understand you making the most of it. Family are precious, especially kids. 🙂

I am fasting again today….my first back to back….have my food all mapped out, but have to admit to some tummy rumbles and it’s only 7:30am. Was up early and walked dog, and am working after lunch, so that will be a distraction. Couldn’t resist hopping on scales this morning after fasting and am happy to be back at Fridays weight….so who knows? maybe a loss again this week.

Have a great Cup Day all those that are celebrating!

Hello n Gooood Morning All
    Day off today and my little one is making sure that he makes it as difficult as it can get….. Lol
    On other side, i weighed myself yesterday and I was 0.7 kgs or 700 grams down. This was late in evening. But, weighed myself this morning and drum roll please……………….. 1.2 kgs lost since last weigh in on Saturday.

Woohoo Dancing Banana
    Yes, i am 79 kgs now and finally made it to 70’s.
    Total weight loss in one month ( started 5:2 on 4 oct 2014) or 4 weeks n 3 days is 5.5 kgs……..

Sorry for the brag but just had to share this woth all of you. CG, GG, Foxy 4 kilos to go until 15 dec (almost 6 weeks) to meet the challenge.
    WITH AUSSIE DETERMINATION, YESSSSS WE WILL DO IT.
    Can anyone still see me dancing?????

Bali 2015 , dont worry about 300 gram loss, this much can really be water retention or bloating. You are on right track.
    CG enjoy your lunch with precious family. Hope you will have fun.
    Foxy, no gain after a big weekend is awesome. I’d say you are very brave to step on scales. Definitely hope for a loss for this week as well b’coz you working hard towards your goals. Try a weak coffee to settle those tummy rumbles. Just a suggestion as it always works for me.
    Good luck for your fast today, you have done so well already with mapping out your food in advance.

Woo Hoo!!!! Fatbuster, that is soooo awesome! Congratulations on getting into the 70s! All your hard work and AUSSIE DETERMINATION has paid off. Well done you!
    Look out 75 kg…..here we come!
    Keep dancing all day! 😀 😀

Hello fellow Aussies,

I have been doing fast diet since start of June. I have lost 17kg so far. I started off at 95kg and am now 78kg. I have also managed to come off my blood pressure medication and have my blood pressure under full control. I was put on the medication at only 28 years old and have been taking them for five years. I thought I would end up having to take medication for life but now am finally free of that prospect : )

Very happy with this diet. I feel like I have complete control of my health and my weight now. Relatively speaking this diet is very easy to do compared to any other diets which require calorie restriction every day. Trying to count and cut calories on a daily basis is not a fun way to live and counter-productive in the long term as it slows your base metabolic rate down over time and causes you to put all the weight on again when you stop.

Intermittent fasting on 5 and 2 diet has definitely been a much better way for me (coupled with getting back into running). I eat my one 600calorie meal at night which helps me sleep normally and now find it very easy to just push through the day with just water and black coffee. As a result of doing the one meal a day I only end up calorie counting 2 meals a week, and thus it is a fairly novel experience for the week and has taught me a lot about calorie content in food as I try and construct the biggest meal I can out of just 600 calories.

My relationship to food has changed for the rest of the week now too. I am a lot more mindful about what I eat now and find it much easier to demonstrate will power on my non-fast days to make healthier food choices.

To all the new people starting this diet, push yourself through the first month and it will continue to get easier and easier. Your body will adapt and become quite content to go most of the day without food and instead burn fat as it’s fuel source while it waits for your next meal. Good luck to everyone out there doing 5and2 : )

AdamF what an inspiring post, thank you and you are so welcome to join our thread. I agree about being aware of food choices on non fast days. It becomes second nature. Congrats on you fantastic loss and of course our new way of life….CG

Evening all…… Well what a day… Did not win on the cup , my horse came in 3rd.
    Lunch was fantastic fitted right in with FD. prawns ,salmon, and lots of the most delicious assortment of salads… country women rule in the salad stakes, and the deserts were to die for, mainly gluten free ,but so yummy, ricotta and glazed pear tart, rhubarb crumble on a corn and coconut flour base orange quinoa cake and others, I had never heard of . No dinner tonight for me OH! and 3 glasses of champs.

AdamF- what an inspirational story…. well done and I wish you continued success . WELCOME TO THE TEAM,

FB- are you sure your middle name is not AWESOME… your in the 70’s well done my darling.
    FOXY- you have worked off any ups You will be gorgeous for your anniversary next week.
    CG- hope you had a lovely time with your family today.
    All the best ……GO GAL

Bali2015= love the little ditty, you will lose the 300gms by your next fast day. Your going so well.
    Tannybear thanks for the recipe.

Have a great evening……GO GAL

Well what an awful day I have had…..have been tired and hungry for most of day! Ended up going over 500 cals to 630 (first time I’ve ever gone over)….just HAD to have a banana in arvo….this back to back fasting is just not for me….Go gal and Fatbuster I take my hat off to you!

I’m glad I tried it, but would only do it again if I wanted to shift a plateau or get under a particular weight.

Thanks for sharing AdamF….I read your story earlier and it gave me AUSSIE DETERMINATION not to scrap my BTB fast altogether. This is the stuff I find that helps..

What a great day you had GG, sounds like a lot fun 🙂

Hi all, was going to have a 4:3 this week, Mon-Wed-Fri but remembered I am going to the Guildford pub Friday for dinner and to catch a mate of mine and his band playing so changed it to Mon-Wed-Thurs… mentioned it to my old Mum who said: “but I’m cooking you pork chops on Thursday!” So I guess it is a 5:2 this week. Michael and Mimi do say it is flexible and my dear old Mum does awesome pork chops 🙂

Fatbuster! The 70’s! Well done you! I’m still struggling to get out of the 90’s so extra well done you! I’ve been picturing the 90’s, 80’s and 70’s in terms of music so I’m still stuck in the decade of the Spice Girls but you have made it to Sherbet and Skyhooks 🙂

AdamF. You are an inspiration. Thank you so much for posting here. It makes a real difference to read such positive results.

Foxycoxy. Hugs to you. So many posts by you where you are so kind and encouraging to others – an extra handful of calories on one day is no problemo. You’ll make the 75. One day is only just one day. That sound you hear is everybody on AUSSIE DETERMINATION cheering you on because we care and you rock.

Aaaw thanks Andrew, you have really cheered me up! Sitting here in my pjs, about to go to bed….and still bloody hungry LOL 😀

Hi, another newbie here, so far I’ve been doing the fast diet now for

Hi, another newbie here, (and yes I read through the entire post first lol) … so far I’ve been doing the fast diet now for 4 weeks and have so far lost 6.4kg though I do have a lot to loose, I’d love to get to 80 kg (I haven’t ever been 80kg in my adult life and I’m now 28). Currently I’m at 115.4 (I was thrilled when I stepped on the scales this morning and I’d hit the 115’s). My short term goal is to be under 110 by Chrissy and under the hundred by the middle of February, now that’d be nice!! Other changes I’ve noticed other than the weight loss so far is that I’m sleeping better and actually waking up refreshed, I’m happier and calmer, I am more active (well before I got stepped on by a horse and had my big toe broken into mutiple pieces), I’m also more motivated to go out and get something done. So for me it’s not just been the weight loss as a bonus.

As for the fast days I’ve actually found them really easy, I have two eggs scrambled for breaky at 7-7.30ish then herbal teas and lots of water till dinner at 7ish which currently has been consisting of Chinese 5 spiced chicken beast with chilli, garlic, sea same seeds and sweet chilli sauce on a salad of English spinach, carrot and cucumber with maybe a pappadum or two. I’ve found that I’d rather have something really tasty with less quantity than lots and lots of veg. Currently I have Monday and Thursday as my fast days which have worked really well.

Good luck to all!! And happy fasting

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Today was my weigh in and 1 more kilo kicked to the kerb. Had an awesome dinner tonight I still feel so full and I ate 6 hours ago. We treated ourselves to the most divine rocket, mango, macadamia and avocado salad with grilled salmon. Talk about calorie busters; all those lovely nuts and avo – but good fats mostly so I’m not complaining and neither is my tummy 😉 I didn’t quite reach my TDEE but then again I never do although I find that it compensates for not lowering my calories below 500 on fast days since I started. It’s working thus far and until that changes I’m sticking to 500!

Bali2015 – don’t stress about the 300g. Weight fluctuates day to day. Who knows, if you had jumped on the scales 24 hours earlier the results could have been completely different. No point in being a slave to those pesky little electronic numbers on the screen of the scales just “keep on keeping on, fighting the good fight” as they say and you’ll smash it!

Fatbuster – 700g Yah! You go kiddo!

Foxy – I definitely would find two back to back fast days a killer too. It’s not like you really went much over the 500 cals on your second day anyway and I suspect those few cals won’t set you back at all. Bummer though that it made it such a tough day for you. I suppose the thing is that you don’t know until you try what’s going to work, or not work, for you. It’s supposed to be a (relatively) easy and guilt free way of eating so no point in stressing yourself out; that’s no fun for you.

Adam – what a great loss over such a short period of time. I love hearing stories from those who have been on the plan for some time and have found success in a positive lifestyle change. Good on you and well done!

Go Gal – glad you enjoyed your day and those desserts made my mouth water and if my t tum wasn’t still bursting at the seams I could have been tempted to splurge and visit the fridge or as I call it “the place where all good things come from” for some Movenpick icecream lol.

Laceyvi – you can do 110kg by Christmas honey – here’s fingers (and everything else) crossed for you that you meet that goal. You sound so happy and motivated and that’s the best part of it really isn’t it? That you are so positive and happy should keep you on track to meet your goal.

Time for beddy byes now. I have 7am-6pm days from Wed to Fri this week and have left myself about three hours sleep before I have to get up and go to work. I am definitely getting old. I used to be able to survive on so little sleep but the years are catching up with me and I just don’t do it so well any more. So best I head off to the Land of Nod and catch some zzzzzs. Take care everyone and have a lovely rest of the week. Cheers, Tania

Good morning team, I hope you enjoyed Cup day and had a win. How sad that 2 magnificent creatures such as those beautiful horses paid with their lives. Puts a real damper on the day. I hard a hard time hearing the news of their deaths being such an avid animal lover.
    I’m doing a back 2 back today and tomorrow as a first for me. Don’t expect it to be a walk in the park but put on 2.5 k’s spoiling my gorgeous grand kids with the “normal” food I used to eat so hoping if it went on so easily and quickly, it will drop the same way! If not my AUSSIE DETERMINATION will get me back on track by next weeks weigh in. I know I CAN DO IT, might be a slight struggle, but well worth it.
    What lovely new team members we are attracting, you are all so very welcome to our support team, we love all the stories be they good news or struggles. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, we are all human and have the same issues.
    Have a great day, be good to your self, 5:2 is a way of life but ONLY two days a week out of seven, be mindful of what you eat and remember before you get too hard with your choices, you can eat up to your TDEE so don’t be too stringent just think before you eat……All the best…..CG

Hello, happy hump day to you all. Thanks for the welcome CG. It’s so inspiring reading everyone’s stories/comments.
    I find that I am struggling more with the non fast days rather than the fast days….
    On fast days I know what I’m eating, I count every calorie. Should I be counting calories on my non fast days?
    Good luck with the back to back CG. congrats to you AdamF 17 kilos is awesome.
    Cheers & Happy fasting everyone.
    Dasiymay187

Good Morning One and All
    Wow, so much happens here in 24 hours.
    Tannybear, awesome 1 kg gone….congrats and I need to correct you, my loss this week has been 1.2 kgs and not 700 grams….he he he he he sorry had to mention that!!! and thanks heaps for recipes.

AndrewofCastlemaine I am a shorty at 5 foot 2 inches so 70’s is still a lot for me. I really love your relation to music here, made me chuckle….

AdamF, whoa, what an inspirational story, welcome and thanks heaps for sharing your good news story with us.

Go Gal , 3 glasses of champs…. you really Go Gal. Love your detailed info about the menu, made me drool a bit…lol

CG, your 2.5 kgs up is just an indication, how much you enjoyed with your grand kids. Because the cafe kind of foods we eat are normally high in sodium and oils, you tend to retain water, hence the weight gain. It will come off, I promise………. and love your positive attitude. Really something to be learnt!!!!

Foxy, I rarely do B2B fasts, mostly I do 4:3 as it fits really well with my lifestyle, GG and CG are the brave ones to do B2B and now you too. You can do it, drink lots of herbal teas ans black coffees. YOU CAN DO IT. And please don’t worry about going few calories over. I rarely eat under 500 cals on my fast days too….

Laceyvi , welcome and you are such a star, your weight loss so far is inspiring, you can meet your targets, just DO IT!!!

Daisymay187, I count calories on non fast days as well. I am not strict though. On fast days, I first check calories, then eat it, whereas on non fast days, I eat it, check calories and log it. Helps to determine where to stop if I am reaching my TDEE for the day. Works for me…..

Fast Day for me today again and just had a cup of tea with 50 mls skim milk with two Marie biscuits, all up 95 cals, I now plan to use rest of my calories for dinner. Am planning on trying cauliflower base pizza tonight with extra light cream cheese (54 cals for 40 grams tub) instead of regular cheese. Will let you know how it tastes….lol till then all my fellow fasters for today, WE CAN DO IT & WE WILL DO IT…..FB

Evening all…Sorry that some of you are finding B2B daunting.Really its not that difficult. Doing my B2B last week, I planned for it, got the old head around the idea of being focused on not eating.
    Having 2 eggs at break fast + water, tea ,coffee and a protein meal of chicken etc was fine, yes by the 2nd day it was more of a challenge, by 11am have some almonds , water,tea,coffee at 2pm 1/2 apple then your dinner. I really had to keep busy actually washed the kitchen walls as I felt light headed doing my walk so I changed to another form of movement.
    My buddy CG – YOU CAN DO THIS B2B, you are one hell of a strong lady. You have been so focused over the many weeks of FD and a constant support for each of us. I have every confidence in you buddy!!!
    Welcome Laceyvi & Daisymay187 TO AUSSIE DETERMINATION with heaps of motivation and support from each one of the team…..Happy fast day tomorrow…GO GAL

Evening all, Hi Go gal, thank you again for the vote of confidence, your support is appreciated. Today has been a breeze no breaky, miso soup for lunch and a few (rubber) slendier noodles, but didn’t finish it all, just not hungry, tonight a bit of chicken breast, caulie tabouli, small amount of gravy and some silver beet, and I’m really full. Tomorrow off to Melbourne for a spinal nerve block so hope to be out of pain for some time there after so I doubt food will not really be a consideration. I always take flavoured water for the trip, 1.5 hrs each way, so probably take an apple to with me for the way home. Prawn salad planned for dinner so if my plan works, I hope to have no problems. So this time tomorrow night hope to be unstoppable with a pain free back.
    Thank you crew for the support on our AUSSIE DETERMINATION thread, you all know YOU ARE NOT ALONE on our journey no matter what life offers us and it’s our team work backing each other that gives us the strength to continue. Take care, stay in touch and good luck to you who are fasting tomorrow…..CG

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.