Wow – I lost 1kg already

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FatKitty 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello Fasters

I just started with 22kg (50 lbs) to lose and a BMI of 34.1 I have had no joy with any number of diets from Atkins to Weight Watchers and going it alone. I have been very disheartened by it all.

Now I am so excited, I have only done 1 fast day and now 3 days later I am still losing weight. Down 1 kg so far and the next fast day is tomorrow.

I didn’t find it too hard and I wasn’t starving the next day so I am very hopeful that I can stick to it forever.

Hi FatKitty,
    I did my first fast day yesterday and like you have a fair bit of weight to lose. My BMI is 33.2 and I need to lose 60Ibs to bring me into my ideal weight range (this may not be my target as I think I may be happy with a loss of about 3 1/2 stones. Anyway we seem to be in a similar position so good luck to you, I hope we manage to incorporate it into our lives.

Well done FatKitty, hopefully you’ll be changing your name to skinnymoggy soon ?
    Wx

Hi LabRat good luck with the fasting – hope it goes well for you too. I’ll keep an eye out for your progress. One Rat and one Kitty with hope in our hearts – Go Critters!!

Wens273 thanks for the encouragement, SkinnyMoggy sounds great!

So how’s it going FatKitty?
    This is week 5 for me and a bit harder as I’m off work so at home mooching about. Have lost 5lb so far over those 5 weeks, but I’ve not been especially “good” on non-fast days. And I’m not a fan of exercise. I did spend a couple of hours digging the garden today. Although the massive pile of potatoes now in the kitchen is making me think of food. I think I’ll get the knitting needles out as distraction. I can feel some slackening in my clothes and I’m now back to where I was at Christmas. I lost 2 stone last year up to Christmas but still could do with shifting another 4! I just never got going again after Christmas and saw weight starting to creep up a little. Being good all the time just wasn’t working for me anymore, I like this only having to be good 2 days a week. I’m drinking lots of water and my skins is great as a result. The weight will follow, slowly, I’m 41 now and as I’m not v tall losing weight has always been a issue.
    Hope you’re getting ok.
    Wens

Hi Wens273 – sorry I didn’t see your reply til now. Been busy travelling and entertaining so I haven’t logged in til today. I hope things are going well for you still. Amazingly after 2 months that included hubby’s birthday, our anniversary, two lots of guests staying for 3 nights each, a trip to France, a trip to visit relatives in the north and numerous day trips to make the most of our surprisingly brilliant summer, I have lost half a stone!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.